1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Clell65619

Clell65619 Making the rounds.

And here I thought I was a worldly soul. I have no idea what this whole 'attack helicopter' thing is about... And honestly, I don't care enough to find out.

Truthfully, I'm at a loss as to why Hamill would be called a transexual. That is a definition of someone who after (presumably) much thought and consideration attempt through medical or social means to assume another gender as part of a conscious decision. No someone whose gender is modified, against their will, by mad science or magic.

Now, the transition back might make him a transexual, since that would be a conscious, considered decision, even if it does involve mad science or magic

Prince Charon likes this.
  2. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm going to be glad when this arc is over. If only because then I won't be holding my breath with each and every comment post that won't shut up about the god damn trans issue getting the whole story locked down and Zoat ceasing to write.

Yes, we get it. Genders were flipped. It's the H-dial, it does that. How about focusing on the dial, or what heroes it can call, or who made it, or how it works, or fucking ANYTHING other then what the mods have warned about over and over?

For instance....does this dial work with current, active supers? I mean, can you dial Superman and become Superman? What happens to Clark if you do?

3. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

Holy shit. Now this is some culture shock for those of us fresh from SV. Thank you. Good job, mods. You have my thanks, Squirrel God.

Legume, Bgbg, Lord Greyscale and 19 others like this.
  4. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

I can understand this is a legit question but please, let's drop the gender stuff topic.

5. X-Wrath

X-Wrath Getting out there.

Depending on how long the Orange Lantern-Reach war goes on and the events from season 2 still occur, the Orange Lanterns may get help from the Green Lanterns since they're at war with the Reach during season 3.

6. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Or sir on SV.
    Tell me about it.
    Also has the benefit of being true.
    Thank you, corrected.

Like me, the SI thinks of Mr Hamill as currently being female, but would probably humour a direct request to be referred to differently. Mr Hamill has been introduced as Mr Hamill. However, the SI is supposed to be thinking of her as she. The problem is that while she looks a great deal like a woman I'm writing in a text format and I keep seeing 'Mr' rather than the giant tits that the SI is seeing.
    That actually happened in the Gotham Girls web animation. Every man and one woman vanished, so they initially assumed that the woman had been kidnapped. No, just turns out that the spell didn't think the sex change counted.
    Also, a few people around here do know my real name, as a result of me using it on Photobucket and Battle.net. It's not something I'm paranoid about.
    I like it well enough. I wouldn't call it 'great', as they've already had things happen which require characters to be stupid, but it's certainly watchable.

7. Mr Zoat

Oh, that's easy. She's currently female and is trying to transition back to male.
    As I understand it, you could roll Superman with the comic version. Someone rolled Supergirl once. It's just not very likely, and may not be at all possible with the version I've got here.

Superman would be unaffected either way.

Bgbg, Drode, CTrees and 6 others like this.
  8. X-Wrath

You know what would be appropriate? Making the dial into a watch so it resembles a morpher in appearance and purpose.

9. Simon Buchan

Simon Buchan Getting sticky.

C'mon man, there's a mod warning on that post like an hour ago, and it's been repeatedly warned about already. You don't get a prize for being "kicked off" (read, temp banned) from every XenForo site.

10. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Did... Did I just see a moderator actually show a willingness to understand what the thread is talking about? And retract a warning?

Truly we are in the promised land. Thanks so much for giving me true faith in this site, Master.

11. Psyga315

Psyga315 Well worn.

You're in the land of milk and honey. A great valley of women, men, and kinks in between.

12. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Wait, so you can't dial the exact hero you want? I thought you could...or am I thinking the original dial which had the full alphabet on it?

I'm pretty sure Robbie Reed became Plastic man at least once...though was that random? Can't remember.

RichardWhereat, Ardy and Navi-Hank like this.
  13. Psyga315

Psyga315 Well worn.

So, reading the first chapter so far, and I am kicking myself for not reading this sooner.

Calamity and CTrees like this.
  14. Mr Zoat

No, depending on era the ability set is either completely random or influence by the situation but still fairly random. You would literally have to randomly generate Superman's powers. Perfectly possible, but pretty unlikely.

15. AsTheGlassMelts

AsTheGlassMelts Believe in me!

You were just protecting the forum, and your response I think was appropriate; If it were my real information I'd want something done instantly before the investigation, and then like now only retracted after the investigation if it is unfounded. Sometimes situations come up without context and a swifter reaction will help more people and I can only bring myself to appreciate your work on QQ as a whole, even if I rarely ever encounter any mod stuff since I only frequent a few threads.

I was sad but I did feel that maybe I deserved it, but I'm really glad nothing came of it. Thank you very much, and while I feel like there's no need for your apology as I think you did the right thing for the information available to you(all the relevant information isn't even on this forum yet, and even I the offender didn't know it was a common question), I obviously accept it and am once again more grateful to you for it. Thanks again, sorry for the trouble.

16. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Zoat already answered the in story answer, but how the dial work depends on iteration in the comics, if you're curious.

In the original series, it just works, no explanation given. He once became Plastic Man, and his girlfriend once became Supergirl. The Dial has Interlac writing on it, which is the language of the Book of Oa and the Legion of Superheroes, which suggests alien or time travel origins though.

In the second series starring Chris and Vicki the transformations from the imagination of a classmate. Kind of a nod to the "the transformations are based on reader submissions," it ends with Robby giving his dial to that kid, who since he makes up the transformations was able to choose what he transformed into. He chose to become the Shapeshifter or something, a guy who had the power to transform into any superhero he could imagine.

In Superboy and the Ravers, the dials summoned forms are from the user's subconscious. Hero afraid for his friends, he became a healer. Wanting magical help from Sebastian Faust, he transformed into Sebastian Faust. Vicki, who was transforming into monsters and not superheroines because she felt like a monster and not a superheroine.

Post flashpoint in the China Miéville work Dial H they work by interdimensional shenanigans, allowing the user to transform into an existing superhero somewhere in the multiverse. So theoretically those dials could allow you to transform into any Superman including the local one. If the dial works right, nothing happens to the person being copied. That person losing their powers is a known glitch that can happen though. The main character freaked out when he became the Flash, worried that he had depowered the Flash and might have gotten people killed by so doing.

So that's three ways the dials work that Zoat can choose from, presuming he doesn't just make something up he likes better.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  17. theVoidWatches

theVoidWatches Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Going back a little bit to the topic of "would you be wiling to get genderbent if you got superpowers" - that's a tricky question for me, as I identify as nonbinary, and don't consider myself to have a gender. So what would that even do? Most people here seem to be taking it as a bodily swap to the opposite sex, and in that case - yes, I definitely would. I don't feel any real attachment to the sex I currently am, and while I doubt that I'd feel attached to being the opposite, I don't think I'd find it anymore troublesome than the current situation either. So the net outcome for me would be "you have superpowers" which is nothing but a plus.

Also, hi. I've been reading for about a year and a half but never bothered to make an account at SV. Seemed like a decent time to jump in.

18. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Mr Zoat, do you really not want people to speculate, or is this an issue of other people deciding to be offended/proactive on your behalf? I know your real name used to be on your photobucket account and you removed it when people pointed it out. But I thought that was because you wanted people figure it out the hard way and not just be spoon fed the answer. Because I thought I also remember you saying the plan was for the answer to be revealed in story by OL shouting it out loud in the final episode.

So, with a new thread on a new forum, I think it would be a good time to have you give your current stance on posters wanting to take a try at guessing your last name.

Serious question, by who? I mean moderators on a different website decide hunting an easter egg Zoat himself placed in the story is 'exposing personal information without permission' (SV doesn't care if permission is given or not), so that means speculating on the brand new site is a no-no? When he disagreed with so much with the old site he left? Really, that is your takeaway here?

My dreaded nemesis rears its ugly head again, someone with a prefered style of address at odds with their profile picture.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  19. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

It depends.

Or maybe the Reach won't go at war with the greenies aince they are already at war with the oranges.

Prince Charon likes this.
  20. Mr Zoat

Go right ahead. I mean, if you just know it then it would be boring to ruin everyone else's fun, but I don't really care.

21. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

I...I already made the Ben 10 joke.

22. X-Wrath

Going more for the power rangers reference.

23. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

So, time to start up a random name generator and post one a day and see if it comes up with your actual surname before the heat death of the universe end of the story?

I suspect the reason a lot of people are against guessing your surname in thread is that people keep posting the same old wrong guesses.
    Edit:
    Colour me curious as well.

Ardy, RichardWhereat and Empiricist like this.
  24. Empiricist

Empiricist GSV

+1 more on that

25. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Has anyone pointed out to Mr Zoat that his threadmarks are coming in backwards?

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  26. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

I used to read this story back in SV, then I got bored of it.

And as long as I remembered, there shouldn't be any bannable substance here? Or is Zoat decided to get the young justice some sex scene? Just curious why is the story moved here (QQ).

27. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

The story already has sex scenes, In Praise of Eros, the omake spinoff.

28. Jcc10

Jcc10 Getting some practice in, huh?

Both don't allow for the "fancy formatting" that the forums allow for.

29. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

Huh. In SV? Wonder how they allow underage sex on that one....

30. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Nah, here in QQ. Check Zoat's signature.