1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Not that simple. There are cases where it doesn't work at all, cases where it works differently, and cases where it works fine. Paul was able to hit Earth -14 Superboy with kryptonite, though he synthesized it directly and it took a few tries so maybe it wasn't the same as regular Earth 16 kryptonite.

Doccer and Xmaster3000 like this.
  2. crazygrox

crazygrox Versed in the lewd.

So I'm thinking about this and the evil serum in a universe where the emotional color spectrum is a part of physics.

What if the actual effect which black kryptonite causes is to make kryptonian forcefields repel indigo and violet energy, rendering them incapable of feeling compassion or love?
    Or what if it does something to convert the upper-spectrum energies into the lower-spectrum energies?/all of the mental energy/white light that would normally go into love or compassion instead goes into anger and avarice?

And the evil serum does something similar? Or maybe is a peice of demon-derived alchemy or something and the Evil is derived from wherever they get it from.

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Interesting theories but I'm pretty sure that the black kryptonite and the serum aren't that exotic and just damage the parts of the brain that control things like empathy, compassion and love, without doing something as exotic as blocking the Emotional Spectrum.

4. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

"How the Bloody hell did he get away, the bastards got no limbs!"

Villain 101!!

"Damn it guys stop giving the villains pointers!"

Paul will you stop yelling at the fourth wall and fuck me already.

"Bollocks"

Cuchulin, Ngamer11, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  5. Radix

Radix Not too sore, are you?

Paul complaining about giving the villains pointers is pot calling the kettle black.

6. Radix

Radix Not too sore, are you?

Because she isnt. This is Kara under the influence of a mind altering substance. Even if she was a real other person, she is a newborn created by accident.

I would argue from a life pov, ahe has just as much a right to exist. But OL likes old Kara better, and she conforms to society and is less likely to play catch with cortexes, so he will try to kill her to get old Kara

7. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

It amuses me how many people missed that Evil Kara is jobbing. :p

8. Sorrow

Sorrow Getting sticky.

It's interesting that Angel!Supergirl senses Twisted!Supergirl as a Demon... I think...

It is possible that Kryptonite from other Universes does not work on Kryptonians not from the relevant Universe. That is the Kryptonite of one Universe does not affect a Kryptonian from another Universe.

Cuchulin likes this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

You have no right to complain about this, not since you told Luthor about the Danner formula.

I don't think she's sensing her as a demon.

Loriel probably just heard what she was planning and found it sinful and disgusting.

Yeah, this is established in the comics and in the story.

10. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Making the rounds.

From months ago, but:
    The forefinger and index are the same finger. Should one of these be middle finger?

Chojin Patriarch, Mr Zoat and Ardy like this.
  11. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

It's established in the comics, but the opposite in story with Kryptonite being universally effective on Kryptonians.

See Paragon's encounter with the JLAU.

Doccer likes this.
  13. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Plus on the Supergirl Arrowverse shoe they had Black Kryptonite that did do squat unless you specific worked to some end. Didn't even know it was BK till I looked it up on the fandom page.
    Them Blue light there apparently kills off males for reasons.
    Probably something about connotations ingrained\attached to the word black connecting to racism concerning people who happen to be black.
    I am mostly certain. I remember laughing about it.

Paul and Jade already did the deed...

14. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Oh no, I'm perfectly aware that I have a sadistic streak.

Prince Charon likes this.
  15. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Na, that was just a single special star.

Doccer likes this.
  16. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Doesn't he have a fair bit of violet when talking to her, though?

Doccer likes this.
  17. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

When is the last time he's spoken with his version of Jade?

DeAnno, Doccer and Cuchulin like this.
  18. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

I'm not sure, but he really doesn't seem like the sort to fall out of love quickly (and how long it's been in-story is certainly a lot shorter than how long it's been out-of-story).

Vorian and Cuchulin like this.
  19. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

He apparently talks to her every week, we just never see it.

Cuchulin likes this.
  20. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

It's clearly been a while since you were in high school. There is no limit to the enthusiastic tortures teenagers will inflict on each other.

I don't buy it. It reads much more like "she should just do the things she wants to do" ignoring guilt - much like Evaul the serial brainwasher.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    Prince Charon, DeAnno, Vorian and 4 others like this.
  21. Threadmarks: Future Tense (part 17)
    Mr Zoat

13th September 2012
    09:47 GMT -5

My helmet goes back on as Noriel's flames wash over Kara-

"Guess what?"

-who completely ignores them as she punches Noriel right in the sternum, sending her flying backwards. Storage crates crumple and splinter, the far wall cracking as it breaks her fall.

"With these coins I'm not vulnerable to magic any more." She glances back at me as I set the environmental shield to feed her carbon monoxide. "And don't think I haven't noticed this environmental shield you've stuck around me. I can go without breathing for hours."

Ah.

I extend a filament from the environmental shield and try attaching it to the crystal, but she spots it and waves her hand through it to break it.

"Do you want me to swallow it? Or crush it and breathe in the dust?"

No. No, I don't. Getting it out of her stomach is perfectly possible; humans aren't any different from kryptonians with regard to how their bodies flush out the upper portion of their digestive system. But getting it out of her lungs would be difficult, and I still don't know if there's a point at which it becomes permanent.

"There are hundreds of different parallel universe versions of me. I'm sure that you could be happy with one of the single ones."

"Not how this works!" Noriel stumbles slightly as she pulls herself out of the wall, her flames billowing. Kara's eyes narrow. "And don't think I haven't noticed that you're nothing like as tough as a real kryptonian. Paul, do you like this one?"

"She's an acquired taste, but I respect that she's trying to better herself."

"Because I don’t. I remember all the things she said about having life handed to me on a plate just after I found out that nearly every member of my species-"

There's a boom and-. Noriel drops, blood running from her forehead. Kara's right hand is in a post-flicking position.

"-was dead, and I don't remember God, or the Source, stepping in to help them."

"The Lord giveth and-" Noriel raises her right hand to her forehead, sees the blood on her fingers and then wipes it away. "-the Lord taketh away."

"Paul, do you have a plan for killing God?"

"Not a reliable one. It turns out that preparing for a being with poorly defined limitations is extremely difficult."

"Working on it. Hmm." She looks directly at Noriel. "Hey Linda-bitch, can you die? I mean, if I kill you do you just go right back to Heaven?"

"I do not know."

"Let's f-."

Armour on construct power armour on lunge forwards chainsaw chains wrapping around Kara and ripping at-.

She spins, smashing my construct apart as her uniform falls apart. Kryptonians project a force field a few millimetres from their bodies but it looks like the coins don't. Now where are-?

"Find."

Fingers! Fingers through my faceplate, pulling it apart with a horrifying tearing noise!

"Out." She smiles patiently at me. "Naughty boy."

Things… Blur…

I… Stumble, I-. She hit me-. Focus.

I see Noriel spin as Kara hits her around the head with my armour's left leg. Which is now not on the armour I'm… Only wearing parts of.

"You know, this is kinda fun. I should beat people to death more often."

Noriel increases the intensity of her flaming aura, setting the loose material in the room on fire and incinerating the scraps that were left of Kara's costume. No change. Where the heck are the coins? Did she swallow them or are they… 'Secret compartmented'.

"Huh. Tickles."

Kara darts forward, wrapping her hands around Noriel's throat and steadily applying pressure.

"Come on, Paul. You know what I want. Give it to me, or we see if angels can get brain damage from oxygen deprivation."

The heat is now so intense that Kara's hair is blowing straight back, not that it's bothering her at all. Noriel grabs at her head and tries gouging her eyes, and Kara responds by biting into the fingers of Noriel's right hand.

We remove our power

from her, but there doesn't appear to be any change in her behaviour. Nothing for it.

Ultra-heavy duty machinery constructs appear around Kara, culled from my records of the efforts of a dozen mad scientists to beat Kal-El with brute force and combined with the latest in alien technology. She loses her grip on Noriel as her arms are jerked apart, and Noriel uses the opportunity to dart away from her and pant to get her breath back. I doubt that I'll hold her for long-

The machinery is already straining as she pulls against it.

-but I use the opportunity to send the kryptonite into subspace.

"Good effort, lover. But you won't-"

Sonic cannons.

"-stop me-"

Two cannons appear, one either side of her head. I don't know exactly how tough she is, but intense sonic energy should be able to render her unconscious.

"-with-. Ugh-huh."

The air around her head hums.

"Hit her!"

Noriel rallies, abandoning her fire generation in favour of empowering her body as she punches Kara in the left side of her temple.

And then pulls back again, massaging her hand as Kara smiles.

"I think I might like this. Hope you like receiving-"

She vibrates in place, my construct starting to come apart almost at once. I didn't design it with that in-! I add in a kinetic barrier element and that slows her down a little but she powers through!

"-as much as giving!"

"H."

Dana limps in, clothing torn where Kara stole her coins but H-dial in hand.

"E."

Kara rips her way free of my construct and punches Noriel in the diaphragm.

"I studied the H-Dial. Let's see what lame power it gives you."

"R. O!"

There's a.. puff of smoke, and then-.

Kara tilts her head to the side.

"Looks like… Hoover Girl? I think I can take you."

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  22. Mr Zoat

I realise that I don't always show it, but he does actually see her a couple of times a week. This was mentioned earlier in the episode. Similarly, he is still visiting Belle Reve and other places, it's just not really practical for me to show every non-core thing he does because there wouldn't be room in the episode for anything else.

23. PepeTheFrog

PepeTheFrog Not too sore, are you?

"I can take you."
    The immortal last words of many a fan fic character. I'm glad this isn't Worm or she'd have bugs crawling through her nose and mouth already

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Or go to Tangseid.

I'm sure he doesn't mind sociopaths.

Granted I think one of the things Evil Kara is seeking in a mate is the ability to hurt and torture them on an emotional level and I don't think that'll work with Tangseid.

But you two still have so much in common.

Loriel, maybe you should stay quiet during this since you're not helping your case.

Ohh, getting rid of her ability to feel desire.

Though she may still be doing this since she has anger and fear in her, so she's doing it because she's pissed and wants to cause fear.

'Kara rips free'

Time to see if that thing can be useful.

And did anyone else get the image that it transformed her into J. Edgar Hoover and her super power is blackmail, along with potentially cross dressing?

25. Mr Zoat

No, he does mind sociopaths. Other sociopaths have the advantage of being predictable, but the rather substantial disadvantage of not living in a utilitarian manner.
    Thank you, corrected.

26. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

LMAO!! Brilliant!!

27. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Again with the lack of concern for allies, Angel girl! Seriously, just because your flames presumably don't burn the righteous or something like that, don't assume your friends won't get singed.

Okay, hopefully those were empty, or at least had nothing valuable in them. At least they aren't exploding.

'Magic is bullshit' 101. I bet that comes in handy for Dana's squishy human physiology...

Ugh, that would be a pain. It's a pity Kryptonite's emissions don't grow weaker the smaller the piece.

A pity it's not about the 'wanting your body', OL. She wants to hurt the spirit more, it seems.

Well, nice to have that more or less confirmed. Sort of a game balance thing, I suppose. more magic equals less physical power.

Okay, that's honestly impressive. Weaponising a miniature sonic boom as an air bullet... Wonder if she'll remember how to do that after she detoxes.

And depending on the continuity and your personal canon, the god Rao wanted to destroy Krypton for the Drama of it...

:confused: ...Does that mean you actually thought about it? Argh, and people think Batman is crazy paranoid at times...

Well, I'm sure Evil-Kara would be happy to experiment. Pity you can't get good results from a single run, though...

:D Let's see if the coins let you tank that, honey!

:eek: Oh, good grief, now she's going to take you stripping her as a come-on! And now we get a full-frontal assault... If this was animated, can you imagine the framing they'd need to avoid anything being visible. :p

Goddamn, that would honestly be terrifying. I'm seriously surprised OL didn't get a hint of Yellow there.

Ow. Goddamn superspeed.

:confused: ...Is his leg still attached, or is she beating Noriel with the wet end...

Oh gods, there's an image for you... :oops: Nature's pocket, Kryptonian style.

Well, at least she's not going for the quick kill. Can't have fun with them if they're dead, after all. :sneaky:

:eek: Oh, shit. That's really bad. Leeching every bit of Avarice from her and she's not collapsing into a listless puddle of 'can't be bothered'? Or are the coins protecting her from that too?

Not even pretending to work within human limits at all. Talk about broken powers... Dana must be one of the biggest powerhouses of the legion.

Well, it's just a matter of outlasting the exposure now. Easier said than done, though...

Oof, dropping the bass on her. Along with the treble and the infra- and ultrasonics. Let's hope that got Kara-1's attention, they could use the help down here.

And now I'm reminded of the 'Incredible Hulk' movie's scene with the humvee-mounted sonic cannons, and picturing her flesh rippling across her skull... Let's hope it doesn't turn out the same way as that fight did.

Still super-tough, Noriel. Bloody magic.

Please don't mean in bed...

...Okay, phew. Still bad, though.

Ooh, last-second save! Cue the 'Big Damn Heroes' music!

Welp, she's out of the fight until she can finish sucking some air back into her lungs...

Thank goodness she's cocky enough to let Dana try. We can but hope that the dial gives her something omnipotent, or at least soundly anti-magical.

:rolleyes: ...Goddammit. Still, it all comes down to how she uses it...

Not an impossible fight. If she has the ability to suck things at the conceptual level... :oops: Boy, did that sound wrong... Maybe she could drain the Black Kryptonite radiation out of Kara before we get to see what she looks like spread across the walls... We can but hope that Evil Kara's too busy laughing at her to get violent. I guess we'll see tomorrow!

28. B00ki5h

B00ki5h Verified: Oddball, Lurker, and Dabbler

No I got Shizuku Murasaki from HxH and her power would shut this down in two moves.

29. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

He really hasn't improved his anti-Krytonian measures after the shit show against the rhino/mole/Kryptonian?

30. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I think it just goes to show how difficult it is to take down a kryptonian who's mostly in their right mind and serious about hurting or killing you. Plus there's the fact that she's being boosted by magic coins.