1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

She probably thought it'd be an easy fight just because when the Earth-10 Paul showed up he got his ass beat pretty quickly and the idea that there'd be a Paul who can actually put up a fight is a novel one for her.

Vorian, Lord Ernest, Ardy and 7 others like this.
  2. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

I can't help but picture this batman is an affable Nazi like Hans "The Jew Hunter" Landa from inglorious bastards.

[​IMG]
    _______

Is Leatherwing Nazi Robin/Nightwing?

3. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

The only thing worse than a Nazi is a dickishly arrogant incompetent Nazi.

For the Near Eastern civilizations? It depends, some of them were the result of conquest Indo-Aryan peoples and could be painted by the Nazi's as being ruled by an Aryan upper class. Also, according to at least it seems that they were willing to view Iranians/Persians as "Aryans". So, it'd make sense for them to try to claim that most the great civilizations of the Near East are the result of Aryan conquest/migration/rulers.
    But a lot of this labeling was political in nature so who knows.

4. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Protoforms are created by the allspark. They're essentially "blanks" that haven't had a personality or final form imprinted. They usually turned them into vehicon drones to have a supply of obedient disposable mooks.

ChestBurster and nick012000 like this.
  5. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Leatherwing is their Batman, The Bat is from roughly WWII era America and is sort of like an ex-Robin that's graduated to Batman status. If the very brief skim of his wiki page I did is anything to go by.

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Depends if she's seen Freeman in action.

Not necessarily.

They may be keeping a close eye on him due to his connection to Karl, but they may not be accompanying him everywhere.

Paragon's morality is...weird.

If he pisses someone off enough then pulling his head out of his ass may be more literal.

He's very good at that.

Sentinel, the local GL, may be proficient but due to the lack of an AI he may not be able to use the more complex functions, kinda like Alan wasn't able to.

Ohh, and I have great news for everyone.

We all thought he was done and finished bringing us joy, but this December he graced us with new life that is sure to fill the hole that was left in our hearts.

Bruva Alfabusa has created a new series called Hunter: The Parenting, and it is GLORIOUS.

To give a wonderful quote from the blatant Big E ripoff.

"Learning to sublimate hate in place of fear is part of becoming a well-adjusted adult. Like me!!!"

Enjoy this early Christmas present.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    nick012000, Cuchulin, Ardy and 6 others like this.
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So affable and charming, but still evil.

8. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

The thing is that Paragon is from a deathworld Earth and he decided to go look for a bigger challenge and picked a fight with the Reach. The "heroes" on Nazi Earth are not having to deal with Magic Nonsense or things like the Light or Planet Sized Starro fleets that fought the Guardians even up. Oh and they had Overman as the big stick.
    I'd lay money on Paul and I'd expect it to be worse than when he beat up the JL from the JLAU.

9. Hell's Razer

Hell's Razer Passive Member

A correction:
    "it"

10. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Ah. Um.
    And if heroes don't, there's a villain origin story.
    Yes, this character isn't dressed in quite the same way as her comic counterpart.
    Honestly, he's not that alpha. He just wants to hurt people in the service of a greater good that doesn't challenge his idea of self.
    Well...
    Thank you, corrected.
    He was that about sixty years ago. I can't think of a cheerful unpowered old person tech superhero.

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well, looks like he won't be becoming my favorite Earth 10 character.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  12. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

13. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

14. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Reasonable authority figure is reasonable. A pleasant surprise.

The beam seems to emit viable light. As such it should still effectively blind her while she is firing, visor or not visor.

Otto von Saurion and Xmaster3000 like this.
  15. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm, which flew right over the Baroness' head at SR-71 altitude.

1. Schizo-tech visor that instaneously dims when firing, like your car's rear-view mirror.

2. Required Secondary Powers.

16. Bolo

Bolo Know what you're doing yet?

I just hope Paul helps his counterpart get his ring and leave’s some note’s to help understand it’s use

17. Dur'id the Druid

Dur'id the Druid Know what you're doing yet?

Or they get that light refraction effect you sometimes see in water or fog. Basically looking down the center of the beams, and the tunnel they see through is semi-transparent from inside.

18. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

That would be pointless as the Nazis would probably beat him up and take it if he stays... And I don't support the idea of just giving the local Paul a Ring, a lantern and directions to Maltus, without the needed skills he isn't going to take the light fountain from the old lizard goat so that is setting him up for failure. Also I doubt the universe is going to be any better considering the thematic idea that the Nazis won, its the same reason I don't believe universe 666 is a good place to explore either.

If the local Paul will stay in this universe, then give him his ring back, a lantern, the training book OL made, all the data Paul has from his own universe and what he got from the other Paul's, the interdimentional coms equipment to call for help if he gets in trouble and our Paul should probably stick around to train him a little bit before he leaves him on his own.

The local Paul had his orange ring for a few days before he got defeated and his ring was taken from him... He is probably around the skill level of episode 1 Paul.

19. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I mean, presumably an incompetent Nazi is better for everyone who doesn't conform to their ideals than one that's competent.

20. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

That's because Paragon doesn't have any morality.

He just does what he wants. Which often makes it appear as if he has morality because one of his wants happens to be building up things.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  21. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

He's done the opposite here. The Baroness was never shown to have the Ultra Boy power switching abilities, just speed.

22. Cuchulin

A competent Nazi follows orders/Laws and has restraint, an incompetent one causes more death and destruction because they are acting entirely on bigotry/assumptions. A lot of the most horrible things the Nazi's did IRL was because of bad science/pseudo science being used as an excuse for sadism and brutality. If Hans Landa had been incompetent, he would have burned down the farmhouse at the start of Inglourious Basterds as well as preventing Lieutenant Aldo Raine from completing his mission.
    Also, I did say "dickishly arrogant" as well as incompetent.

23. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

... Does that mean that the incompetent Nazi would be still alive

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  24. Cuchulin

No, I'm quite certain Hans Landa survived to the end of the film. It's just he had a swastika carved into his forehead. An incompetent would have died much sooner either being caught in the crossfire after exposing Aldo or killed watching the propaganda film with the other top Nazis.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  25. Threadmarks: Krummkreuz (part 3)
    Mr Zoat

16th September 2012
    21:29 GMT +1

I visited Wewelsburg 16 with Angelika, after she got over her initial shock. The core building is definitely recognisable as being the same, but beyond that…

It's a military base. I can see the force field generators, though they're of the type that need to be raised and lowered. I can see bunkers with anti-infantry, anti-tank and anti-air guns. I can see the expanded barracks and civil accommodation for all of the people needed in order to keep Greater Germany's superhuman defenders informed and equipped.

Can't see the League getting away with putting something like this in Washington DC.

The Bat moves the owlwing into position to land on the landing pad, and I see the man inside look up towards me.

"Impressed?"

"It certainly makes an impact, but… Honestly? I'm a man of extremes. The fortress-builder in me doesn't like the stone castle, while the classicist doesn't like the military base carbuncle built onto the classical castle. It's got two jobs and doesn't do either as well as it could."

"What do you have?"

"Me personally? An upgraded Cluster trade post in Bir Tawil, and a secure apartment in Gotham City. I used to have a flying fortress armed with freeze rays, but some angels destroyed it and it wasn't efficient enough for me to want to rebuild it."

"What about your team?"

"Depends which team you're referring to. The Justice League has a big classical building in the middle of Washington DC, the last team I was actually a member of has a fortified mountain base and the Orange Lantern Corps' command centre is a sentient starship yard with a power ring."

"One which actually looks nice-" He climbs a little awkwardly out of the cockpit and walks into an open part of the landing pad. "-and two that are actually functional. Are the Justice League your world's paragons?"

"They are generally regarded as our greatest superheroes."

"Carefully phrased, there."

Ring, what language is he speaking?

English.

I've gotten used to Angelika speaking English, and there are… Certain turns of phrase she avoids due to them not making sense in German. 'Apostrophe there' is something she wouldn't say. Of course, if he actually is the same The Bat as Nazi Germany had in my timeline then he was infiltrating America in the late thirties as a child with his father, so he's had plenty of time to absorb the language.

"We have certain philosophical disagreements. I can command a fleet of warships." I land next to him, the ritualist's stretcher coming in alongside me. "It would be nice to be able to justify focusing on something as small as a planet."

The Bat pulls off his helmet, and… He looks healthy for an eighty year old. He retains the blue and grey colour scheme I remember from Alan's archival descriptions, as well as the crescent moon logo. Most of his hair has gone white and it's much thinner than it was back then, but his gaze is sharp and his skin is…

His skin is surprisingly good. Ring-?

Kryptonian cloning technology. That skin is cloned. They'd have to have flayed him and stuck it on. Kryptonians used to do that for all their body tissues, but if his hair looks like that… Do they not have the ability, or is it a matter of personal choice?

I dismiss my construct armour, earning a small nod of appreciation.

"Will the Baroness be joining us?"

"No, she's on active duty. With the attacks we have been having, people need to see us on the job."

"Fair enough."

He leads the way inside the castle, which… I didn't want to use this comparison, but I'm getting strong Castle Wolfenstein vibes. Paintings of notable Nazis and scenes from history decorate the walls, busts and sculptures in the classical style decorate wooden hall tables or stand freely on the floor.

"What happened to me in your universe? I assume that I existed."

"You were killed in a fight with Fury in nineteen forty three."

He stops for a moment. "Forty th-?"

A small shake of the head and he resumes his walk. Helena considered killing The Bat to be the most shameful thing she ever did. It made her flat out hate the furies who empowered her. She never succumbed to the berserk rage after that, even if that meant that she couldn't use her powers at full force.

"Angelika told me that you don't employ wizards."

"No."

"That's going to make this difficult."

"Why can't we use the one you captured?"

"We might be able to, but we don't know if he's going to remember how to do it. Or if he's ever going to wake up."

"We have excellent physicians here."

"Are any of them magicians?"

He stops and gives me a serious look.

"Are you certain that we need one?"

"Technically, no, but it's going to be easier to backtrack their spell to reach their home parallel than to find it using the sort of technology that needed a Kryptonian in order to avoid killing whoever used it."

"It's being refined."

"So the choice is whether or not you think you've got the time."

"Two Overmen, plus Overgirl?" He chuckles. "I suspect that we're just opening the portal to give them a way home."

"If it were just Wolf Krieger and his followers, I would agree with you. The problem is that the possessed Overman is a lot stronger than both of them, and that neither like the idea of killing nearly all of the people on that planet to prevent future incursions."

"Overman will do what he needs to."

"Superman would leave it as a last resort. Which means that Overman will as well."

He glances back at me with narrowed eyes.

"Speak only through flowers."

Surprised it took this long.

"Understood. In other news, Angelika is in good health."

"Should we expect her to want to return?"

"Depends on whether she'll need to be hospitalised to use the portal." I frown. "I know the Thulists were cast out, but are you sure you don't have a few minor magicians around-."

"No."

"Ah."

"The only place we might be able to procure one would be Africa, and that would be… Awkward." He pushes open a door and we walk into a well equipped medical bay. "Let's see if we can heal this young man before we discuss extreme measures."

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  26. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

What's this supposed to mean?

27. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Find the local Doctor Mist?

28. Mr Zoat

It's a German expression meaning 'only say nice things'.

29. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

'but I'm'

'carbuncle built'

30. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

What the heck does Japan look like in this world? Did… did they conquer China or something if the US stayed out of that part of WWII? Regardless, I figure Japan on Earth 16 is likely to have more thaumaturges than wizards, but… if the same is true for this earth, they might be able to help.