1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

No, I meant that I thought Zeus wanted Diana and Paul knocking boots, so Paul couldn't keep screwing up his attempts to reconcile with Hera/make sure paul doesn't have time to interfere in his new lady love(s).

I never thought Zeus was over his pettyness, just thought he was trying to distract paul forever.

Cuchulin likes this.
  2. Steelplaza

Steelplaza Custom Title

Isn't it pretty normal for the Hellenistic Greek pantheon? I thought the basis for ancient Greek religion was explicitly transactional.

3. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Seems more like a protection racket to me.

"Nice life you've got there, it'd be a shame if something happened to it."

4. Clell65619

Clell65619 Making the rounds.

Oh, shit. Paul and Zeus are going to have words, aren't they?

5. Artemisnemo

Artemisnemo Getting sticky.

I don't have time to go looking before work, but I do not remember Paul getting lightninged, only the renegade?

6. Pez

Pez Spaceman

Questions: When was the last time Paul got this mad? I mean, he gets hit by anti-matter and is dying, and he's still decently calm and composed. He learns one of the few people he genuinely cares about and respects (I'd argue love, though certainly not to Jade's level), and probably one of the few people capable of bringing out such emotions in him.

Can he actually beat Zeus? He's historically had problems fighting metaphysical beings without the Ophidian, and as others have pointed out, even Ion!Guy couldn't fight off Oceanus, though it's possible that Ophidian!Paul have better synergy and thus more power.

Anybody else think Paul would have been willing to help Zeus get back with Hera if he just played nice with him and asked? Paul's driving mission is to help people achieve their wants/desires, and fixing Zeus, while probably an impossible task, sounds like something Paul wouldn't mind working on in his spare time (if he actually believed it was achievable).

7. Baladar

Baladar Know what you're doing yet?

Turns out all that talk about “Nemesis” and mentioning Kratos was more than warranted.

Let’s see how this turns out for the jumped up elemental.

8. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Here.

9. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Wwwrwrrrwrrrrrrftrfrrrrooom! And here comes that spell with another curve ball!

Also...who is she again?

ChestBurster and Xmaster3000 like this.
  10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

She's the Greek goddess of misery.

When Paul first went to Erebos he saw her state of perpetual misery and tried to heal her but it didn't work.

He actually made himself miserable for a brief period trying it.

11. Artemisnemo

Artemisnemo Getting sticky.

Forgot about that. My mind filed that under "very bad day caused by angels".

12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Realistically? No.

But that wouldn't stop Zoat from nerfing Zeus so it could happen.

Enochi likes this.
  13. 01100111

01100111 Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

[​IMG]

Same energy

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  14. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Constantine's "Fuck Off Paul" spell is really far reaching, it can even control Zeus.

15. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

And Paul interacting with Akhlys? I don't remember her at all.

ChestBurster, Xmaster3000 and Jaron like this.
  16. Mr Zoat

Here.

17. Michael Vonica

Michael Vonica Know what you're doing yet?

I don't think it can make anyone do anything they wouldn't normally do. Just make the timing a bit more convenient.

18. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Wait, so the last time Paul got attacked by Zeus he was nearly Oneshot.

Why does everyone think Paul wins a straight fight? Zeus nearly killed him by saying "fuck off"

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  19. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

That time, he was unable to call on the Ophidian due to the Silver City. He might at least be able to hold his own with her help.

ChestBurster and Xmaster3000 like this.
  20. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Except the Orange lantern corps *was* able to breach the shield that's why Ragnar was int he silver city for the final fight.

I think the Ophidian is a little stronger than a group of random Orange lanterns

EDIT: Wait, I misremembered the shield was brought down first, you're right.

The angels brought down the shield so the orange lantern corps could help fight off the armies of hell.

Paul might be able to get a parade for the Ophidian re-entering the central power battery. But Artemis is going to pop a fuse if they rebond.

21. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

If it's Colt-branded, then capitalize the C. If it's not, then the word isn't necessary as "single action army revolver" explains it.

On that note, usually "single-action"

person's

echolocation

comma instead of semicolon

I am uncertain this is true. What he lacks in divine immutability he makes up for in a number of other ways.

22. Dur'id the Druid

Dur'id the Druid Know what you're doing yet?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  23. LazySloth13

LazySloth13 Versed in the lewd.

It's a shame the Sword of the Fallen was destroyed imagine Zeus getting stabbed just to turn up as a mortal, tries to act with all the pomp and authority of a Greek god, just to get laughed at and if things get violent his ass kicked. Granted I can easily see Diana, along with some of the amazons, putting herself between Paul and Zeus trying to stop the former because of the unseeable consequences of dethroning the head of pantheon maybe a civil war.

24. BrotherofaStudio

BrotherofaStudio Know what you're doing yet?

Well, the gods are adapting with the times.

I'd say that's a fairly good way to describe Paul in terms of his relation to Zeus, someone had to do it eventually.

Fair point, it would at least unnerve anyone who takes their own faith seriously and traditionally.

I'll say.

Hmmph! Diana please don't inflate his ego anymore than it already is.

HE WHAT?! Okay, that tears it. Rip him apart Paul.

25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'm kinda reminded of Absolute Power Sucks Absolutely.

And now I'm thinking that Zeus is going to be dethroned this episode.

26. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Wonder how well a Blue Ring might help her?

27. Threadmarks: Coup Data (part 4)
    Mr Zoat

27th October 2012
    06:25 GMT +3

"Pau-?"

"Diana."

"Wha-?"

"I have been informed that your description of the event that led you to your tour of Tartarus was less than entirely complete. Would you care to expand upon it?"

Diana considers that carefully.

"Since… Hera has separated from him, Lord Zeus expressed an interest in remarrying. He asked if I would like to be considered for the position and I replied that I did not feel ready to undergo apotheosis."

"And then you were sent here."

"We discussed the possibilities, but ultimately I declined."

"And then you were sent here."

"Being asked to become Queen of the Gods is no insult." I actually see the stygian blackness around us turn orange for a moment. "A few days later, Lord Zeus asked me to undertake this mission. The two are not necessarily related, though I acknowledge that if I had undergone apotheosis I would not be here now."

"Understood."

"Somehow, I doubt that. Paul, I want you to promise me that you will not fight Zeus. The lightning bolt with which he struck you was but a small fraction of his strength."

"Diana, he's using your morals in order to twist your arm on the issue of marrying him, whereupon he'd be a devoted husband for maybe three months before reverting to type and treating you like he did Hera."

"Yes, that is why I said no. I still want you to promise me."

Breathe in, breathe out.

"I promise that I will not fight Zeus. Anything else?"

"Paul, please take this seriously. Any outcome of you fighting Zeus, even with the Ophidian's full support, would-."

"I am aware of the likely disruptions to the thaumosphere that would come from an entity like Zeus being consumed. I promise that I will not attempt to consume Zeus. I will be making vigorous representations concerning my disquiet at his actions to various parties."

Her right hand twitches slightly, and I extend my right hand towards her.

"If you want to check that I'm being honest, I am happy to be bound by the lasso."

She lowers her hand.

"Thank you. Please, be safe."

"Excuse me."

And I'm outside of Tartarus, and up the stairs and into the air.

That explains why they were speaking carefully around me.

To the Mountain. I think.

26th October 2012
    22:27 GMT -5

"…if Olympian could-."

Richard goes silent, and the rest of the assembled team turn to stare at me.

Wallace is the first to look away, glancing left and right to see the response of the other team members.

"He's he-re."

I nod. I am indeed here.

"What have we got so far?"

Kon smiles at me. "How'd you find out?"

"Come now, Prince Kon-El. It's election season. Naturally, I visited Themyscira."

"Yeah, but Grandma said they weren't gunna tell you."

"But no one told Akhlys that she wasn't supposed to tell me. I'm not happy about certain people trying to keep me from finding out-"

I make eye contact with Ghia'ta, who has a power ring. She gulps.

"-but I think it's more important that we focus our efforts on liberating Diana."

"Ah." Wallace hesitantly points to me with his right hand. "Could you stop talking like that? And… Maybe stop glowing? It's creeping me out."

"I would be happy to do that, but I'm going to need a moment. Why don't you bring me up to speed while I do that?"

I walk into the huddle, Leonid and Tula backing away slightly. Mitchell on the other hand just nods as I try to let some of my rage bleed off. I know why I'm angry; Zeus is acting against Diana andNo. The whole team was here and on top of this. She wasn't being abandoned. This was being dealt with.

I hear Wallace exhale in relief as the orange lights die down a little.

"So… Yeah." Richard expands a hologram of Aristides Demetrios, Creeper on Argonauts and Embarrassment to Greece. "If we need extra superhuman power to fight a titan, he's on the list."

"A question."

"Go ahead?"

"How are we characterising the problem?"

"Wonder Woman's stuck in Tartarus until we're sure that the Titans aren't trying to escape."

"No." I smile as I hear Zatanna speak up. "This isn't about the Titans. This is about Zeus. This is about Zeus sending Superboy's mother into Tartarus."

Mitchell shifts slightly at his exclusion, but he clearly agrees with the sentiment.

Richard appears not to. "She didn't have to go, Zatanna."

"My dad didn't have to put the helmet on."

Kaldur steps towards the hologram. "I fear that we are being distracted. I believe that it is worth considering techniques which could be used to stop Titans-"

"Because they'll probably work on Olympians, too."

"-because such techniques could be used at any point in the future, not merely in relation to this incident. Orange Lantern, since you are clearly deeply emotionally affected by what has occurred, would you like to share your thoughts?"

"Yes."

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  28. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

If only John Constantine were available. If anyone could force an Olympian to suffer a fate worse than death, it'd be him. That's an idea. Maybe Paul will finally find him because he needs his expertise in screwing over entities who see humans as "lesser beings". Side note, it's nice to see Match in this episode.

That should say 'now'.

29. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

True, but being married to Zeus is.

Ohh, Diana, please stop trying to excuse Zeus's behavior.

Nice catch.

'he'd be a'

I notice that you didn't promise to not have someone else fight him.

Yeah, if she can see your emotions, then she'd be terrified.

Getting some Nabu flashbacks.

Yep.