1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Just a reminder that Hermes is also the god of thieves and the guy who takes souls to where they can catch a ride across the river styx.

2. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

dudes been slacking off when it comes to Paul then

Xmaster3000 and Cuchulin like this.
  3. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

As the god of boundaries he knows his own.

4. Threadmarks: Regnancy (part 9)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

28th October 2012
    17:46 GMT -5

"Recognized, Captain Marvel, One Five, Osiris, B One Nine."

I do one last scan of the machinery in Red Tornado's Granny Annexe.. loft, then dismiss my construct and fly down through the hole in the floor. William is still Captain Marvel shaped, but he looks a bit more upbeat.

"Captain, what news?"

"Oh, everyone had a ton of ideas! The Wizard can trigger my transformation himself if I go back to the Rock of Eternity, so I don't have to worry about school tomorrow."

I nod. Impractical for regular use, but an excellent backup.

"And then a Japanese god showed up and said he could take over from Zeus."

"Susano-o-no-Mikoto."

"You sent him? He just said that 'a certain person' did."

"That's how he talks."

"Huh. Weird. Oh, and after we left Osiris remembered that Angelica was the one who got the Wizard to power up Adom using Kahndaqi gods. She says that she could link me up with any god-. Ah, or god-like being who wanted to give me their power, including the Kahndaqi gods."

'Power' is Atum, so…

"Shaaam?"

William chuckles. "That would be kinda awkward to say. But it would work. And Zauriel said that he could talk to his king about sponsoring me, but he'd need permission because that's not something his order really covered."

"Does he have the power for something like that? No disrespect intended to Zauriel, but he's not drawing power from multiple titans, and while you're certainly a good person I'm not sure you're a saint."

He shrugs modestly. "I'm not either. But I am a Christian, so… Honestly? I'd feel more comfortable about getting power from Heaven than someplace else."

"I… Did say that I'd bury the hatchet with Zauriel, so if that's really what you want, go for it. But were there any other options?"

"Mister Miracle said that a Mother Box could handle my transformation. It wouldn't give me any extra power, but it could let me change." He takes a deep breath. "But he doesn't have a spare one, and the only person who can make me one is Himon, and he's on Apokolips."

I wince.

"Normally I like automation, but in this case I suggest one of the solutions that doesn't involve going to Apokolips."

"That's what I thought. So, what's with Susano-o-no-Mikoto?"

"His pantheon expands by convincing newly emergent gods to join it. He told me that he thinks you'd be good advertising."

"So it's like wearing a sponsor's name on my shirt? I don't know if the Wizard will like that."

"Jebediah convinced your existing sponsors to work together to empower you. One of them was a serial rapist, and another once tried to cut a baby in half to solve an argument."

"Um. Better I have Herakles's strength than he does, right?"

"Is that how it-" William clamps his right hand over his mouth. "-works?"

"Can.. you.. pretend I didn't say that?"

"Say what? Also, on an unrelated matter, Herakles is an evil man who at the very least deserves whatever's happened to him, though I have no idea what that is."

"Okay. Thanks." He nods, then takes a step back. "I'm gunna go check in with Batman, then I need to get back to the Wizard to get transformed for school tomorrow. "

"Are you just going to do that every time?"

"No, but this is something I need to think about real hard, and I should probably talk to people. Including Mary and Freddie."

I nod. "Very wise. I'll see you when I see you."

He turns to Amon. "Thanks for your help, Osiris. And thanks for keeping cool around the Wizard. I know how angry he makes you."

"Captain, you are my friend and the friend of my brother. I will bite my tongue around the Wizard a hundred times if you need me to."

William smiles. "But a hundred and one is one too many?"

"Oh, no. If you need me a hundred and one times then it is taking me away from my studies more than my sister and brother will allow. I am sure that Adom would take my place, though."

William's smile fades. "Yeah, let's… Let's make sure that doesn't happen."

Amon nods. "I am glad that we both value education so highly."

"That too." He rises of the ground and flies back towards the zeta tube. "Be seeing you!"

"Recognized, Captain Marvel, One Five."

"I would like to add my congratulations to those of Captain Marvel."

"I can hold my tongue when I must."

"That's not what The Key says."

For an instant he looks shocked, then he makes an amused exhalation and shakes his head. "Do not make jokes like that around my sister. She would not respond well."

"Speaking of your sister, do you think she'd be willing to take a trip to Brazil? Gaea suggested that I make time to speak with Euanthe, and-."

"You do not disobey the Goddess of the Earth."

"Not if you've got any sense, and I have at least that much."

"That is not what Wonder Woman says."

"Ou-ch. Blooming leave her in Tartarus next time."

"No. You wouldn't."

"No, I wouldn't. Ah, I don't suppose that the Kahndaqi pantheon has any spare war-related gods, does it?"

"Ah, there is Sekhmet? But I do not think that she is 'spare'?"

"Gods can be worshipped by more than one pantheon."

He frowns interrogatively. "Why are you asking?"

"Hephaestaean and I are having trouble filling up his cabinet. We need a war god, and none of the related Greek gods are interested."

"What happened to Ares?"

"Hammer to the crotch."

"Are there no other Greek gods who could-?"

"Kratos is running a gym, Hippolyta is too peaceful, Enyo likes being a punk musician and told me to fuck myself with a cricket bat, Nike doesn't want to be tied to war that strongly, Athena doesn't want that part of the war portfolio and Eris hasn't sobered up enough to ask."

"I will ask her on your behalf, but I do not know. Is there no one else you could ask?"

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  5. egooo

egooo Getting sticky.

Considering Paul's track record, for a moment I though "is he going to pile that onto the poor Constantine as well?".
    Disregard that he ain't fiting that role in any shape or form.
    Paul just seems to like to make Constantine suffer like that.

6. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Puh, who is left?

The nordic pantheon? Or would that be to Marvel?

One of the demigods?

And it's funny if the various gods are fighting over Captain Marvel like you would limited space on a billboard :D

7. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

order

8. Brainwasher-Boy

Brainwasher-Boy Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

.....Would Paul be able to take up the role of a War God himself? There are a few Greek myths that have mortal humans become gods (though, if memory serves, more get turned into constellations for some reason).

The boost would not only empower Paul (probably), but might even help with the Reach war he's waging.

9. Cherico

Cherico Connoisseur.

Id like to note Zeus has a bastard daughter running around.....not doing anything.

Prince Charon, Ardy, BookZone and 7 others like this.
  10. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

What about Barda? isn't she a god with no pantheon?

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yeah, it sounds too much like "sham".

"orders"

Even if he can't empower him, he may still try to get in touch with someone who can, like his King.

And Billy might qualify for sainthood given that he’s pure of hearts.

They can go to New Genesis to get another one.

Technically two of them were serial rapists.

Granted you said existing and Zeus is no longer doing anything.

He may have honestly ascended to full godhood.

That way will lead to carnage.

To be fair, the Key hut him on a much more personal level than the Wizard did.

Nope, she would not.

Even a broken clock and all that.

Hah!

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hmm, possible.

In Sandman, Odin tried to get Hell so that he and his pantheon could move there while Ragnarok destroys Asgard, so maybe he can be convinced to move to Olympus.

Though it may depend on how willing he is of becoming subordinate to someone else.

If you're talking about Cassandra then that wouldn't really work since she's still a kid.

She may not want the job and it's also possible that her different divine nature would make joining the Olympians difficult or even impossible.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    Prince Charon, Ardy, KenNM and 2 others like this.
  13. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

What did Billy do to hercules?

14. Khettien

Khettien Perpetually confused

Surprised Paul didn't track down Mars and ask him.

Edit: Put poetically, if Ares was the god of warriors, Mars was the god of soldiers.

Prince Charon, Chaoswind and Cuchulin like this.
  15. Lothlo

Lothlo Not too sore, are you?

I would go for Tyr. God of war, Justice (and single combat?) I know that at least him would be a better choice than a warmonger Ares. Also: Hephaestean may be able to create a fancy mechanical arm for him as a incentive.

Prince Charon, Vorian, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  16. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    She's going to Middle School. No War Godding for you, young lady!

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Nothing.

Given the fact that Zoat left a like on your post, I'm expecting we'll be seeing Tyr soon.

18. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

So, things went.. okay with the Wizard, then. No doubt old Jeb is scrambling to find a suitable replacement, though Susano-o-no-mikoto's assistance will probably be given due consideration.

...And next time you need to transform? What then?

We can but hope Jeb takes the offer. Probably the best he'll get, even if it's a bit further afield than his original mix.

Ah, those stately manners again.

Good to see they've been busy investigating other arrangements.

...Doesn't really have the right ring to it... o_O It sounds like you hiccuped in the middle.

Maybe he'd get a little promotion to accommodate the necessary power?

Because the Silver City's aid probably comes with strings attached.

Yeah, not something you want to go poking your nose into, unless you want it getting cut off. The Forever people were one thing. Himon is significantly more valuable.

Quite the exciting fellow, once you get past the ingrained politeness.

It'd only really be visible to magic-types, though? Unless there was a costume change included.

I doubt he's contributing the whole of his might, honestly.

To be fair, it doesn't really tell OL anything.

Let him know you and the juniors might be unavailable for a few days or weeks, depending on how quickly Jeb can negotiate?

Given they'll be affected just as much as you are, probably a good idea.

I'm guessing he was unfailingly polite. But if looks could kill...

In other words, don't push your luck too hard.

...I'm not sure the Rock of Eternity would survive that little shouting match.

Let's hope it gets sorted out soon. I doubt Billy will have the luxury of running off to the Rock every time someone starts shit in Fawcett City.

Seriously. I bet Jeb had a prickling feeling at the back of his neck the whole time.

:oops:...ooof. Too soon, OL. Also so, so wrong.

I suspect the integrity of his armour's cup would be sorely tested, for a start.

Which would shock some of the league, I bet.

As if. We all know how much OL hates other people playing with his stuff.

Anhur or Montu, perhaps. I doubt either get much attention these days, and the former already moved from Nubia. What's one more relocation for work?

Though it might get confusing if their worshippers went to war.

Even if the position is only needed because of tradition... :rolleyes:

Surprised Amon let that go without comment.

And if she's not interested, she could maybe point him in the direction of one of her juniors. Also, Eris went and got drunk in celebration at the sheer chaos OL caused? Of course she did.

Out of the most well-know pantheons left, there's the Roman, which Hephaestaean might reject because of double-dipping, or maybe the Norse. ;) And certain signs point to at least one god considering a transfer, perhaps? I'm sure we'll see soon enough. Perhaps Odin might be willing to arrange a mutual defence pact or something as payment for the services of an Aesir?

19. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

Barda is actually a solid idea. It fits in her portfolio well and would actually be a great fir for her personality.

20. B00ki5h

B00ki5h Verified: Oddball, Lurker, and Dabbler

Similar idea what about Kronos’s daughter Devastation?

Lord Ernest likes this.
  21. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Constantine does that to himself and either you make Constantine life harder or you get killed or worse.

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Not necessarily.

Billy is upholding justice and order, which the Angels may like, and they don't really need him to spread their faith since it's practically everywhere.

Just don't try to take something from him or hurt his family.

He may even just be letting his powers be copied.

It dies tell him that if he potentially wants to remove another problematic figure from the Olympian pantheon then the best thing to do is wait until Billy is transformed and then attack a weakened Herakles.

He really is terrible at these sorts of things.

Some?

Try all of them.

Not really.

People go to war over the same god.

I suggested something similar in a post above and Zoat left a like in a post that suggested Tyr, so we may be seeing the Norse pantheon soon.

Prince Charon, Ardy, kerleth and 5 others like this.
  23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think she's also relatively young and if she's loyal to Cronus then Heph may not want her.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    Doccer likes this.
  24. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

And LePaul already forgets that the Silver City effortlessly spanked him...

And Hera was much much worse yet you forgave her in seconds.

25. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

I also think that Barda would be a neat choice for war god. Even as a part-time thing.

Does everyone remember how Kon asked his Titan/God for heat vision? And how his heat vision is a few steps removed from Superman’s? I think we should keep that in mind before we recommend someone for Billy. If Yahweh replaces a lightning god, will Billy gain holy lightning, or will he gain a different kind of transformation? Will the values of Jesus influence his behavior? Remember how Adom can speak to his gods mentally and consider who might hop into Billy’s head through this opportunity.

26. Signaller

Signaller Know what you're doing yet?

Did OL ever fix Freddie's legs? Also, is this an opportunity for Billy to respec, splitting out the lighting-transform vs lighting-teleport vs lighting-as-a-weapon trio? Is there a reason, other than pronouncability, that the Wizard's spell is limited to six Gods?

The thing with Solomon and the baby - was that a test or an actual attempt? Wondering if there are parallels to the Hyperion story with the goat that Zoat's mentioned twice before.

Agree Barda would be a good choice to replace Ares.

KenNM, kyomei93, Cuchulin and 4 others like this.
  27. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Paul did it offscreen in Episode 34: Prayer.

KenNM, kyomei93, Signaller and 5 others like this.
  28. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Not necessarily, he left a like on my post for a Madagascan god.

kyomei93, Cuchulin, Vorian and 4 others like this.
  29. Mastigos2

Mastigos2 Versed in the lewd.

I've forgotten the context for the Key joke. Any chance somebody could clarify?

Another interesting option is that Paul could stretch his war god search out to alien gods

30. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Remind me, what's Himon doing on Apokopolis?

Prince Charon and Doccer like this.