1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

On a side note, due to Cyberpunk and Edgerunner fics popping up on the site recently, if Zoat can I'd be interested in hearing what a Orange Lantern Paul would do upon emerging over Cyberpunk 2077 Earth.

2. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Until Mr Zoat says otherwise, we only know that he's kissed one on the lips.

Prince Charon, Ardy, Windona and 8 others like this.
  3. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Dear gods. An accountant. Truly, we've met the most dangerous Paul of them all!

4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It's still closer than Saul.

Probably.

We don't know if he did it offscreen.

Relyt33 and Cuchulin like this.
  5. Cherico

Cherico Connoisseur.

No one said world peace would be easy.

6. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

or cheap.

Ardy, SemiAnarchist, Rebu and 6 others like this.
  7. Pez

Pez Spaceman

Sven

8. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

There's something pleasingly straightfoward about the idea that all grudges can be settled with cash.

In a genre where historical grudges between two nations often spring out of basically nothing and then spiral onwards for hundreds of years and eventually reach the point where peace is all-but impossible, there's something almost wholesome about the idea of just buying your enemy off.

It only works, of course, if your former-enemy is willing to be bought off in good faith. Which, with most cultures, would be impossible.
    If they take the money but continue holding a grudge afterwards, then you accomplished nothing.

But with dorfs though.

"Your human Lord Whatever called our High King Whosit 'a hairy lawn ornament'! This means war!"
    "What if he apologizes?"
    "Fuck off."
    "What if the apology comes in the form of a big chest of gold?"
    "Well then it'd be like nothing ever happened, obviously."

9. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

10. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

And for those of us for whom it is their first day on the Internet, the explanation of the title...

And the best version:

11. Mr Zoat

Never played it. It might be fun, but it's also still a buggy mess.
    Thank you, corrected.

12. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

... It has its soul in it's body, is responsive to his actions, and has skin and approximate body warmth. Practically a premium experience compared to the options the non romantically attached have these days.

And he gets it for free.

Mors, Ardy, nobodez and 5 others like this.
  13. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

I feel like by the time Thorgrim counts in the bureaucracy fees that there is unlikely to actually be any money left. But they are dwarfs the principle matters more then the money!

Prince Charon, Ardy, Windona and 5 others like this.
  14. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

It's not, actually.
    I mean, from my own experience it was fairly stable within a month or two of coming out but now that it's up to 1.6, the general consensus finally seems to agree with that.

2077 is in a perfectly playable state. If you're interested in it at all, now's as good a time as any to pick it up.

Lazurman, Vorian, Chaoswind and 2 others like this.
  15. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Oh, I feel sorry for you, uhh... :oops: Huh, been so long I forgot what nickname we use. Dealing with the Dawi is a pain at the best of times, when an emergency can set aside protocols. In a nominal time of peace, with Grudges involved? Not getting an axe to the skull will be a bonus.

And don't even get started on other languages. Some of which can have different terms based around the relative social standing of the parties involved...

Hopefully something like a smack upside the offender's head, delivered by the offender themself. ...It's just an amusing concept. x3

Of course, if you already have a Grudge with someone who says that, then you might not believe the offer to be genuine. Which just adds to the standing Grudge.

"Last manling who tried that rubbish left on his back... With an axe buried in his skull. Still waiting for the family to return it, too!"

...Speaking of earning axes to the skull...

And Dwarfs of the Old World have faces just made for glaring. Ideally from under bushy brows poking out under a war helmet. Like the Kubrick Stare on steroids.

It's blunt, but sometimes with Dwarfs you need to be blunt. Like a hammer.

Ah, so merely a slight disagreement then...

...A few imprecations about Master Sven's parentage, comparisons to an Orc's nether regions... :p Nothing serious. But no, nothing about the contract.

I can half imagine them sharing an elder's look of 'huh, a manling who gives a damn about contracts? What's the world coming to?'

Aye, I think they can settle for skipping the customary second round of insults. Especially if it means they get paid for something.

Ah, the old 'the debtors all died off' situation, eh? But not even death will stop a Dwarf's Grudge.

Twenty-five thousand? Man, I'm amazed they didn't march to war over it. I've heard stories where Dwarfs laid siege to a castle they built over a hundred gold.

And if there's one thing this fellow is not short of, it's gold.

Please ignore the sounds of tumbling coins filling the air, that's just normal ambience for this sort of thing. :p

Ooh, Dwarf Abacuses? Are they lethal weapons in their own right? ...No, stupid question, of course they are. :V

Ah, yes. I doubt either clan wants to see the other get one coin more than they do. So it's a good thing the total can be evenly divided by two.

Come now. They're Longbeards, complaining is their Grungi-given right.

;) Naturally. They clearly put more work in than the other lot, slackers that they are.

Paying more than the agreed amount plus interest? That's just crazy talk! Be glad he didn't write that one in The Book.

...And Thorgrim is quite the tight-fisted fellow. I doubt they'll ever see it paid out. Better guaranteed coin now than maybe coin someday.

Well, better them a little angry at him than a lot angry at you.

o_O But is it a stare of tolerance or of annoyance? They may look similar, but the intent is very different. ...Often coming down to whether or not an axe will be involved.

Doing the High King's job better than him and all that...

Heh, for all that Thorgrim wants these Grudges settled, there's something to be said for an outsider rolling in and throwing gold around willy-nilly. Gotta have something to settle down in front of the fire on a cold night and grump about. And Dwarfs do love holding their Grudges close. Never gonna be able to pay off all those grudges, though. Not enough gold in the world for that.

...contract with an amount stated upon it.
    ...anything other than all of the money...
    It won't be the right amount because it can't be, but it will be closer to the right amount than a fifty/fifty split.

16. néocorvinus

néocorvinus Versed in the lewd.

Which one? I only know of two, and one of them has a body as rotted as the other's soul

17. FreeGod

If this Paul actually manages to repay (or contribute to the repayment) every outstanding grudge then I expect him to be held in higher regard then Sigmar.

18. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I've personally seen more things go wrong recently than when I first played it )nothing that left the game unplayable mind), but that's likely because I am both a console peasant and on early last-gen. The bugs never bothered me though, game's always been fun as far as I'm concerned.

Razorfloss likes this.
  19. FreeGod

That was a case where the humans in question knowingly and willfully stinted them. In the case of the debt not being payed because everyone died to the point that it was only found out about latter the rage likely become far more diffuse. There wasn't a clear target.

20. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

‘them’
    ‘Chaos-worshipping’, unless he’s deliberately not capitalising out of disrespect or something.

I’d say the game is decent, and they’ve done a lot of fixing, but it’s understandable if you’re skeptics. Regardless of that, though, I do recommend the Cyberpunk Edgerunners anime. It’s pretty good.
    They can always be repaid in blood. There might be enough valuable goods available to pay off all grudges against ‘good guys’, especially given power ring transmutation, and then you can remove the other Grudges by killing all of the orcs, goblins, vampires, Chaos worshippers, trolls, etc. Then again, the dwarfs might not be okay with a debt being paid by someone other than the debtor, and there are probably some people who’d refuse to repay the debt.

21. FreeGod

If Paul wanted to became emperor for some reason the Dwarfen response would likely be "Wasn't he already?"

In Dwarren society a big part of being king or high king is taking responsibility for your subbornates debts when they are not able to. The ultimate the buck stops here. So to the Dwarfen mind Paul taking responsibility for all human debts would be something of a power play establishing his legitimacy.

22. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

simply -> simple

23. Mr Zoat

Sadly, this is one of his duties as High King, and so is covered by existing taxes.
    Playable, sure, but you still have to ignore people floating through the air behind their cars and an AI that can't path, for example.

I don't know if killing Adam Smasher when you first meet him still soft locks the game, but I suspect that it does.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Thank you, corrected.
    No, it's okay. He got Emperor Karl-Franz to sign a document appointing him as official grudge-settler of the Empire, so it's all good.
    Thank you, corrected.

24. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

We need an informative threadmark created on a post with a list of all the various Paul's, and their lists of sexual attrocities they have committed.

Fist fucked a spider
    Fucked a corpse
    Fucking a pony

25. Akshka

Akshka Wait, am I lost?

Ah dawi, they never change....ever

Cuchulin and RichardWhereat like this.
  26. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Could they be any more English without a dead pig head being involved too?

27. Mr Zoat

Yes.

28. FreeGod

I have doubts that elven pride would allow them to sign a similar document.

Cuchulin and Prince Charon like this.
  29. Mr Zoat

'How badly do you want the Phoenix Crown back?'

30. Windona

Windona Beetle Queen of Crackshipping

The real question is if those two clans won't have another grudge in the works soon enough.

Cuchulin and Prince Charon like this.