1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Debatable.

2. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Yea... This isn't actually going to work...

The US Government under Slade will just see it as the Syndicate attempting to gain a foothold in those other countries so as to use them as protection while they rebuild. Which it basically is. And they won't put up with that.

Best case scenario we are just talking this US's version of the suicide squad getting sent to assassinate everyone with the moderate level of civilian casualties you would expect from such a thing. Worst case, the US will just ignore those other countries sovereignty and send their military in. And unlike real life the US of this particular Earth can do so with pretty much impunity since they are something like 50-100 years more advanced then the rest of the world.

And that's not even counting the Crime Syndicate Earth version of Galatea.

Drode, WargWolf, DAT_NOOB and 4 others like this.
  3. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Honestly, yeah, that's fairly likely. They have a blood lust; borders and laws turn to mere suggestions.

Bramble Thorn, Wheenesss and Cuchulin like this.
  4. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

I think I'd prefer it if he was somehow setting them up to be taken down as cleanly as possible instead of actually helping them live to fight another day.

5. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

That would take a massive amount of time he doesn't want to spend and information he doesn't have.

6. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

It’s a slight wink to what got him banned from SV

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  7. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Champaign -> champagne ?

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  8. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

I'm not sure you're using that term correctly. =\

9. Gladiusone

Gladiusone Well worn.

... I don’t get it.

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  10. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Yeah, but that would get other countries angry at them. Have to wonder how evil China is in this verse. Earth 16 China does hire people who would otherwise be supervillains.

Edit: And just think about England... It’s obviously, as Grayven figured out on Earth 16, run by a secret cabal of good minor angel-summoning magicians. Or maybe they’re all secretly Morris Dancing Ninjas. Did Evil King Arthur get banished to another realm by Good Morgana, who was then killed by the version of Constantine who would have replaced Arthur? Actually, think about it - all of Constantine’s villains are now good guys. Does that make this a universe where Lucifer and Michael switches places? One where demons are mostly good? Angels are mostly evil? I mean the premise is the Source / God favors the bad guys to win here. Do good people get tortured by Angels in heaven? Is hell paradise for bad people? Did the Beast / Shadow Dog (whichever was imprisoned) start preventing suicides / causing villain deaths when Constantine released it? Is that why everything in the world is becoming gradually better?

Is the Middle East one of the bastions of good? Run by the Black Adam alternate? Is India being invaded by evil Rama Khan?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  11. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Bad auto correct. I believe I typed out slight wink or something but as one word.

12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

This is the crime mirror of the JLAU universe.

And China very specifically has no supers in the JLAU universe, in fact, not counting Atlantis and Themyscira there are about a handful of non-us super's in the JLAU universe period.

Also there's the whole bit with the US being about 50-100 years ahead of everyone else technology wise.

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  13. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

All the Constantine stuff still applies, since we know he is in this universe. And he uses magic, so technology doesn’t change that.

DrThoth likes this.
  14. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Don't mind me, just hanging a lampshade on the most severe example of Green's Disease I've ever seen.

erebus1994, Wheenesss and Lord Ernest like this.
  15. Buggy123

I can't get past the costume. I mean, not that its revealing or skin tight or anything, but... ffs, wear some armor! Not even necessarily heavy and bullet resistant kevlar or W/E; stuff like impact/skid resistant biker suits or that gel-padded stunt armor would go a long way for the typical acrobatic hero. And they can always get it elaborately colored and decorated like any other suit.

Wearing skin-tight spandex is the same as hanging a big sign around your neck that reads "I'M SOFT AND SQUISHY, PLEASE BE GENTLE". And Source help you if you're wearing latex. At least you can move in spandex.

16. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Because of course in a world where "baseline humans" can bare-fistedly punch craters in concrete walls without so much as a scratch, clothing fabrics aren't one iota more durable than they are in real life...

17. Buggy123

Fair point, but I think my point still applies; clothing might be more durable, but it can't be significantly more protective without causing weirdness, like normal t-shirts being stab-resistant or such.

And padding is padding; if you're durable enough to walk away from a 20ft fall without protection, you might be able to fall 40ft safely with some padding. A little more protection never hurts, unless you really can't spare that tiny bit of weight/flexibility.

Vorian and Alexandercctv like this.
  18. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Since she upgraded to Stargirl, she's had a cosmic rod, which provides a force field, energy absorption, and redirecting attacks through gravity and magnetic manipulation.

Which she couples with her belt, that gives her superhuman speed and agility. In Stars and STRIPE there's a scene of her dodging Icicle's attacks while talking on her phone.

Although why her step father, who fought by her side in a minimecha, thought that letting her superhero in basically a cheerleader uniform qualifies as a safe hobby before she got the cosmic rod could use some explanation.

19. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Ah, as the esteemed Fry once said "NOW I GET IT!"

20. Gladiusone

Gladiusone Well worn.

... I still don’t. Could someone please hit me with a clue by four? What’s an attack helicopter got to do with it?

21. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

I'll PM you the tl;dr answer, because discussing the topic in this thread is a good way to piss the staff off

moralrelativity likes this.
  22. Gladiusone

Gladiusone Well worn.

Thanks.

23. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Well, I tried to message you by 'starting a conversation' but fuck only knows if I did it right

I don't actually say anything in these threads very often

24. Gladiusone

Gladiusone Well worn.

Working fine, I’ve replied.

moving right along! :)

25. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Ah jeez..is Paul being influenced mentally by some outside source and going native like that time he became a demon and started thinking like a demon?

Vorian, Alexandercctv and Cuchulin like this.
  26. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

No, he's just lying, and being sarcastic in his own inner monologue.

27. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

He doesn't have to be telepathic. I would argue that there are only three possibilities in this situation. 1) He's aware that she's terrified of him, and therefore probably not actually willing, but doesn't care. 2) She's a damn good actress and never lets it show that she's afraid of him, leading him to think she's willing. Or 3) His social intelligence is low enough that he doesn't catch the clues and thus genuinely believes she's willing.

I'm not saying 2 and 3 aren't possible, but 1 is definitely the strongest possibility.

.....And after writing that I see that iamnuff beat me to it.

Iraq was using Vietnam War era - or older in some cases - equipment in Gulf War 2 and still bogged us down in over a decade of war. Technological advantage is an important aspect in warfare, but in order to truly operate with impunity you have to have a technological advantage equivalent to bows and arrows versus M16s.

28. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

Now the question is if the Syndicate scatter across the globe will Wilson try to send the military after them?
    Slade I know you hate these guys, Hell I hate them just as much as you do but starting world war three to kill them isn't the answer.

29. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Here's a theory I wanna get out there. What if Wilson is actually willing to step back if it meant less casualties. Unfortunately, Enigma and other "heroes" don't agree with that and use mind control to get him to act more confrontational when it comes to the Syndicate, in order to wipe out the supervillains who have ruined their lives. I think it's a possibility.

30. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

According to fiction, armor is completely useless. Not only can it not stop even the simplest of cutting/stabbing tools (Something it's actually very, very good at), but it actively weakens you by making you "too slow and clumsy" while someone wearing nothing more than a thong is "quick and nimble". By which they can dodge bullets (despite ONLY being a baseline human) and literally do flips over your "Slow" head (Despite the fact that the time it would take someone to go from standing, to leaping over your head, to landing behind you, would easily give you enough time to reach up and snatch them out of the air).