1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

Nope; that was the piece Darseid gave to Grayven after Jade left him, or rather showed that they were never really together in the way he thought they were the whole time.

Fitting, in that I suspect he's employing it in an instance where he believes Sunset dead, when in reality she wasn't there either.

2. Bigking321

Bigking321 Not too sore, are you?

Wow. Nice chapter.

Gotta say, it gave me chills when I got to the end.

Knowing how much that piece of anti life hurt him and what he was willing to do to fix it, for him to willingly use it is amazing at showing how serious this just became.

3. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Are, as you will soon discover, perfectly fine because they weren't on the Watchtower when it was destroyed.

Wheenesss and Buggy123 like this.
  4. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Is he using 'Seven' as an identifier for Grayven here? If so, it should probably be Sixteen (short for Grayven from Earth 16) to differentiate him from the native Grayven 50

I thought he took a group from Earth 50 back to Earth 16 and that small town near Challenger Mountain he frequents. There was that passage about him wanting to see what the reaction would be when he showed up with Supergirl in tow, but everyone was used his his shenanigans by now and someone asking her for an autograph was all.

That may not be what happened, but that was the feel I got from the episode. And he was talking about staking the Justice Lords over shortly before, on account of them being persona non grata on Earth 50...

Especially when the piece of technology responsible for 'rebuilding' his soul was probably present when that scene occurred, and could have easily transferred those 'missing' memories over to Grayven sometime during the process.

This post has not been liked by Zoat; perhaps it got overlooked?

Ok, remember way back when ReneGrayven first started getting his godpowers and mantling was brought up? And wondering if ReneGrayven was siphoning ActualGrayven's Domain of Conquest? Like there was this exclusivity clause like there was this exclusivity aspect to New God domains and once Grayven became the New God of Conquest that meant he like owned the idea of Conquest and if anyone else wanted to be Conquest if meant they had to be more Conquest and steal some of that conquest from Grayven my Mantling Conquest.

And the author got a bit huffy and weighed in to say 'This isn't Dresden Files' and 'There will be no Mantling in WTR'? Where ReneGrayvens Conquest and ActualGrayvens Conquest were their own things, because what Domain a New God gets is about them, their personalities and powerset and individual growth, not about what job openings are available.

But this thing you just wrote, about 'metaphysical room opening up' and Darkseid needing to die before a New God could develop the Unfreedom domain? That sounds a lot like mantling there...

[Cheek] Did you know there is a FAQ? Because I feel at this time like I should ask you if you've read the FAQ. I think Mantling came up enough times it was added to the FAQ. Except it seems to be a memetic truth that no one has read the FAQ. Even the author of the FAQ, seems to not have read the FAQ. So.. have you.. read the FAQ? [/Cheek]

You mean one of those seven demons from legend?

Confucius say, Do Not spiritually anguish man with metaphysical nuke housed in soul.
    Ever hear about Mutually Assured Destruction?

5. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Are you referring to the name Conqueror's Moon, and your speculation that it would have something to do with Sunset becoming like Nightmare Moon?

I mentioned this a while back, but the episode is likely named after Hunter's Moon, the Justice League Unlimited episode that featured Hawkgirl getting ambushed by Thanagarians wanting revenge. Someone else mentioned that this is based on Mr Zoat's old habit of using modified versions of original episode titles.

Cuchulin, Ardy, Gantradies and 5 others like this.
  6. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

This would be more significant if Zoat didnt already confirm that
    the Renegade is going to visit the Pony planet, implying that Sunset is fine and the others who were with her likely as well

Cuchulin, c3qo, Bramble Thorn and 6 others like this.
  7. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

So... how does Sunset's armor handle a vacuum?

Wheenesss and DAT_NOOB like this.
  8. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

consider
    what if he's there to bury her frozen corpse?

9. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Wrong question; you should be asking "How fast can a skilled sorcerer cast a 'enviromental shield' spell? And can they do it without speaking?".

10. Aeess

I am pretty sure Sunset uses Atlantean magic, so unless she got tattoos or some tool similar to water bearers, she should need to speak to cast a spell like that, and it should take at least several seconds.

Cuchulin likes this.
  11. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

I really can't remember any evidence of Sunset using Atlantean magic?

Cuchulin likes this.
  12. Aeess

She had to entirely relearn magic based on Atlantean Spellbooks they bought in Venturia, because she couldn't use Unicorn magic without her horn.

Ngamer11, Cuchulin and Bramble Thorn like this.
  13. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

I'm sure there was some reason why I had him say 'seven' there but I've got no idea what it was.
    Yes. Thank you for drawing my attention to it. I'll try and remember to do them this evening.
    Yes.

It's a combination of Grayven not knowing how it works and Apokoliptians traditionally killing anyone who tries to get a domain similar to their own.
    He didn't know it was there.

14. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Even if matelling isn't a thing, if any domain is affected by another god gaining power in it, it would be conquest. So Grayven is probably going 'wtf, another me is walking around, encroaching on my domain, and being more effective at it?" and that affects his powers. Most others would be like "so what?". Like, Scott would probably actually be boosted if another god with a domain related to freedom showed up because he wants people to be free.

Vorian, Ngamer11, DrThoth and 5 others like this.
  15. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Is there a tier above "war crime"? Like, a "double war crime" or something?

Cuchulin and Buggy123 like this.
  16. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

Hey, Graven 50? There is only one phrase in my vocabulary which can adequately illustrate the extent of your misstep at this juncture. There is, in other words, only one thing I can say with regards to your foolish provocation of your parallel universe counterpart:

Ya dun fukt up sun!

DAT_NOOB and Navi-Hank like this.
  17. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

The Renegade is a good man, under everything- the ring-reinforced “I-h-has-a-shitty- week-and-want-to-punch-my-boss” aggressive/frustrated mentality aside-
    not a -nice- man,quite offen,or an especially patient one, but he has that trait the most dangerous of “good people” who’s are more invested in making their world better then pumping their ego (even if they enjoy doing so)have-
    push him far enough, get him genuinely enraged/ afraid for his loved ones, the grandstanding, grandiose dramatics, the chances to surrender vanish, and he reaches for the biggest weapon in his arsenal to make the world a better place- and him and his safer....
    unless “budget Gravy” (he comes in granules now!) gets very lucky, the smug, grandstanding idiot is about to literally get get his soul cored like an Apple- and he has systematically alienated himself from literally -anyone- willing or capable of putting his soul/emotional matrix back together.
    as Stephan king once wrote:
    no great loss.

if iseem very harsh ,from my current (tired) POV, OG Grayven 50 is, literally, pathetic- a MORTAL (in mindset) playing at being a god dispite being born a god, whilst the Renegade intuitively understood this dispite living an entire life as a mortal-soft power/conquest is superior over time, hard conquest/ unnecessary armed conflict means an increased risk of death- both of them literally have eternity!

why rush and risk overreaching when you can take your time to solidify your power and reach ( whilst still making progress- not brooding on other people’s couches like a certain someone in the memes does)- does it matter if earth is entirely theirs in a week,in smoking ruins, or in a century with far less work needed to fortify it, and the crown laid willingly at their feet?

A true General- a true Warlord thinks in the strategic as well as the tactical-is setting himself up to potentially fight the reach/the guardians if they realise the white entity is in range if someone who might have access to antilife (depending on Intel) really worth that shiny, green-blue rock daddy was so obsessed with?

honestly this version of gravy, well.... feels like a petty thug who lucked into cosmic powers and a shiny warship that was a hands-me-down from daddy- day what you want about the Renegade, but he’s FOUGHT for what he has, and learnt from his mistakes, at least some of them....
    Oh, I’m positive the armour will be fine!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  18. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Shouldn't he also know the Life Equation due to sharing his soul with Scoot Free?

Cuchulin and Navi-Hank like this.
  19. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

That would require him to have shared his soul with Scott Free.

20. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

I assumed it was how many children were there, but I don't remember how many kids Grayven has so I could be off.

Vorian and Cuchulin like this.
  21. Imperator Pax

Imperator Pax Talon Master

Its on a metric system.

22. Aeess

He had 9 with him until Lynne entered.

23. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

War decacrime?

Navi-Hank likes this.
  24. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

There are Hitlers, which is using the number of people he had killed in WWII as a standard for measuring the evilness of other people or events in the number of lives lost. Since even the most conservative accounting would be in the millions, even a fractional Hitler would be orders of magnitude worse in scope than a standard war crime.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  25. Gantradies

Yeah-the next unit is kilohitlers, then the scale switches over the “stalins” at the “giga” point

26. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Do we have the data on how many Hitlers it takes to reach point-one Stalin?

27. Gantradies

They’ve been arguing over that for decades- they were even talking about a sub-hitler unit named after Turkey, which brings a rather dark joke about coffee to mind.
    ... *coughs* how -do- you make Turkish coffee?

... you grind up a million Armenian coffee beans and lie about it for a hundred years >.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Simonbob, BR549, Ardy and 1 other person like this.
  28. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

I assumed it was "plan seven" as a counter to Grayven.

Prince Charon and Navi-Hank like this.
  29. Gantradies

Thankfully, not plan nine! It never works well when dealing with creatures from outer space!

30. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

Bad as he was, Stalin definitely did not kill a billion times as many people as Hitler.