1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

I doubt Gravy would have any issue with grabbing a Gordonian to use as an alien shield like Batman.

Anyway, Grayven's omega beams aren't as impressive as daddy dearest's.

Here's a pic of Kyle's shield blocking Grayven's omega beams.
    [​IMG]

2. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Slight error here, JLAU Omega Beams go through anything that's not a living being.

Hence Batman having to dodge it by throwing a parademon into it's path.

Navi-Hank and DAT_NOOB like this.
  3. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Okay, panic was premature. but it's still nasty shit, and Grayven-50's probably got Gordanians armed with Radion weapons, knowing that Scott, Barda and the Renegade are running loose...

Bramble Thorn, Navi-Hank and DAT_NOOB like this.
  4. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Wait, two shots met.

Where is the traditional boom?

Also they are a bunczh of ungrateful jerks.

Navi-Hank and DAT_NOOB like this.
  5. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

And being a jerk about it.

He's not a warlord, I guess. Not primarily.

6. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Assimilate!

Navi-Hank and Ardy like this.
  7. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

8. Soul Shocker

Soul Shocker Not too sore, are you?

So Omega Beams there are Avada Kedevra?

9. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Grayven omega beams lack daddy's oomph

10. zerofarad

zerofarad Know what you're doing yet?

steel

extra space

Mr Zoat and Navi-Hank like this.
  11. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    They did, then Darkseid died...

Bramble Thorn, Vorian, c3qo and 4 others like this.
  12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Oh, so then you retconed their ability to punch through non-living matter.

13. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Could someone explain to me what the Omega Effect actually is? Darkseidā€™s use of it always made me conflate it with Anti-Life usage. I vaguely recall an Alpha Effect as well.

There was also a quote referring to Darkseid as the ā€˜Tiger-Forceā€™, which Iā€™ve always wondered was a reference to something or not.

14. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

You can look up the description here at comicvine.

History wise, Darkseid's brother, the one who became the Infinite Man in the comics, was supposed to get the omega effect, but Darkseid stabbed his brother in the back to get the power up.

Post Flashpoint after Darkseid's death, the Omega Effect went to Lex Luther so he was Darkseid's successor for a while there.

Prince Charon, DrThoth and Navi-Hank like this.
  15. Threadmarks: Conqueror's Moon (part 23)
    Mr Zoat

27th December 2004
    22:16 GMT -5

His head jerks back as the stream of ions hits home, but he manages to redirect the omega beam, the glowing red lines hitting my fusion cannon construct-.

"Errugh."

Construct, destroying it with enough power left over to severely abrade the armour protecting my right arm. I know that Kal-El could take hits from Darkseid 50's omega beams without being disintegrated or disabled so I.. ssshould be able to do the same. But let's not take a chance.

Two hammer constructs slam into his head, first from the left and then from the right as I fabricate a quick-drying super adhesive. Kal-El disabled Darkseid 50 by covering his eyes and causing a flashback into his skull, and even if I can't replicate that blinding him would be pretty darn helpful. The hammers fade and fracture as they hit him, so I create a third and bring it down on him.

He intercepts it with the back of his right hand, obliterating it with casual ease. I stab my daiklave forwards, point aimed once more at his eyes, but he claps his hands around the flat of the blade and holds it in place. Resistance is Futile.

He presses, but the blade survives his effort even as I fail to push it forward.

"Resilient."

I could invest power in it and try and push through, matching my soul against his. But while my rings give me adaptability I'd be astonished if he didn't have the edge in raw power. And-

"But insufficient." Unstoppable Advance!

-the daiklave blade snaps, Grayven 50 smiling faintly as the shards fall to the ground. His smile obscured a moment later as I spray his face with my adhesive. I pull my hilt back and -no point keeping it- drop it to the floor as he swings for my face with his left fist. I turn the blow aside as he tries wiping the gunk coating his face off with his right, failing as it flexes under his fingers.

Okay, with all that armour his face is the only obvious vulnerable spot. Try using the Sword of the Fallen? No, not yet. I use my temporary hold on his left arm to pull him closer and strike his abdominal armour with my right knee. Ugh, the force of the hit lifts him slightly off the ground, but I'm pretty sure that his armour took all the damage. He's not braced against anything, striking isn't going to work.

Red light seeps out from the thinner bits of Grayven 50's facemask as ohshit. The covering atomises as a point blank graaagh!

"You may use the Anti-Life, but I was born to it. Moulded by it."

My face is on fire, every nerve screaming! Eyes blinded or gone. I haven't quite fallen but my stance-.

"A pale imitation."

I feel something strike me in the chest and the floor disappear beneath my feet. I get just long enough to think 'good, he's a clumsy fighter too' before I hitā€¦ Something, something which craters around me. I take a breathā€¦ Yes, breathing fine.

Sinestro, eyes.

At once, Lantern.

And I grab a chunk of deck and use it to block his omega beam shot just in time to prevent him shooting me again.

"I was getting tired of seeing my face on someone else's skull."

He walks calmly towards me, negligently grabbing a guard rail and throwing it to intercept a smash from Barda that would have crushed Bernadeth's skull. Rayner is using his armour to protect him as he takes pot-shots at targets of opportunity, though I see his personal force field shimmer as Doctor Impossible works out the green laser trick. Scott's taken cover from the fire from the remaining gordanian marines and is trying to do something with his Mother Box.

I take a minigun out of subspace and fire directly at Grayven 50's face, solid slugs hitting his still-glowing eyes and causing him to blink and cancel the omega bolt he was preparing. I step forward, an odd feeling coming from my flensed face as my nervous system tries to interpret input from exposed muscles and bone. As we're in near-Earth space my mana siphon will work to reassemble me, but I'm sure that I'm looking the worse for wear right now.

As we close the distance Grayven 50 reaches out and grabs the barrel of my gun, the motor fighting briefly against New God strength and burning out as the muzzle deforms under his fingers. I reach down with my left hand, draw the Sword of the Fallen and stab him in the chest as he smiles, confident in his victory. The Sword pierces his armour easily and-

"Too short a blade."

-doesn't reach his skin beneath before the hilt catches. I jerk it back just before he can bring his right hand down in an attempt to disarm me. Slash, and it turns out that the thick armour on his bracers is enough to prevent me striking his flesh there too. Still makes his head the only viable target.

Then his helmet extends up from his gorget and covers his head as well. Aside from the two glowing red wells which mark the location of his eyes.

Before he can fully adapt to his new visual field I take an iron beam out of subspace and smack him around the eyes with it before firing a heat beam, melting it onto the front of his new helmet. Doesn't look like it's really sticking, but it should buy me a moment.

I've got a small radion blaster, but much like how the thanagarian fighters had to blast through my construct armour in order for it to do anything, this armourā€¦ Definitely has some non-Apokoliptian elements. I switch my heat beam to a cold beam construct and fire it at his chest as he pulls off the lump of semi-molten metal and throws it at my face. I ignore it as-. No frost build up, his armour is-.

Hah. I redirect the beam to the stab hole I made a moment ago, the beam piercing the armour's insulated exterior for a moment and penetrating the internals.

"Hurr."

He half-turns to block the shot, interposing his right bracer as I move the construct to keep the puncture in sight. An omega beam lances out of his eye slits and destroys the construct but I'm already changing tack, punching him in the face plates the moment the beam fades away. I - won't - penetrate - it - but - it -doesn't - appear - to - have - a - self - repair - func-.

His eye holes flare red as he punches me in the right wrist with his right fist, his eyes glowing red again. This time I just fire a construct through his eye holes, trying to force a feedback blast by applying pressure to his eyes. There's a red flicker as the construct dies, but no actual beam, which is definite progress. Alright, just cut the fucking helmet off and then-.

Boom!

I spare a half-second to glare at my sort-of brother. "Scott!"

"It's inbound!"

"And?"

There's a click from Grayven 50's bracers. The one I stabbed doesn't really do much, but the other has an unsettling red glow-.

"Agh!"

Whatever healing my face had managed is undone as Grayven hammers his left fist into my face! Not a full-on omega beam but ow! My vision goes for a moment as it disrupts the constructs I'm using to see with, and I fly to the side to dodge any follow up attack as I reinstate them.

"Is that it?" "It appears that I am the superior manifestation of Conquest."

People coming through the boom tubeā€¦ Granny Goodness. Right, construct armour covering my face and Apokoliptian armour, he's clearly Grayven, let's have her-.

"Grayven, dear child!"

Huh?

"Granny has brought her best helpers, as agreed."

"Good. Kill my brother, the traitor and the Lantern. I'll finish the impostor."

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  16. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Plan set them up against each other failed. I'm just waiting for Batman and Sunset to come and save the day.

17. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Should be 'stream'?

Eh, DCAU Kryptonian, you ain't.

Heh, literally ringing his bell.

How Exalted of him.

Missing Full Stop.

Indeed. He's been Conquest longer, in this universe. (Yes, I know, no Mantling...)

Surprised his hand didn't get stuck there, but 'quick-drying'...

No leverage. Short of wresting him into a chokehold, super-strength is kind of useless here.

'Grayven'. Also, right in the face? Ow.

Oh, god, he's quoting movie Bane. What's next, 'I didn't see Life until I was a man.'?

Man, that's twice now he's gotten his face beat in Universe-50. He's gotta stop coming here.

Oh, boy. He's gone Murderface Prime. "Give me your face!"

Situation Now All F'd Up. Time for drastic measure, methinks.

'an'. Also: seriously ow.

Damn, how thick is that armor?

...Okay, now that's just being cheeky.

'him'.

Ugh, this is almost as annoying as the pirate fellow with the 'everything-proof' armor.

Well, I suppose if you could tank it, you could wear him down... In a few hours...

Seriously, channeling the Omega Effect through his fists? Impressive, but a dick move!

Too late for that, methinks...

Welp, Called it, Granny has thrown her support behind him. Ugh.

Hoo, boy, this just gets better and better. It's like The Renegade's party aggro'd every enemy on the map at once... If this keeps up, the only thing that'll save them is Deus Ex Batman.

Godspeech:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  18. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

down on him.

and is trying

I predicted that Granny Goodness and Grayven 50 would team up, but I thought that the Renegade would have more allies at his side when it happened.

19. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

Ah, I really expected for the Renegade to have at least one, maybe two more turns to show some progress in his duel before things got worse. I think everyone here knew that Granny Goodness would show up to fuck up any plan, I just didn't expect for that to be in the middle of this battle, now there will be Furies and "Kal-El Jr." to contend with as well. And really, he just has a small Radion blaster? I'm honestly disappointed, I expected for him to have a complete arsenal in subspace; New Gods are, after all, his main enemies wherever he goes (I would have said Chaos Lords, but they're already dead).

20. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    The Sword of the Fallen is basically a big knife.
    Thank you, corrected.

21. Travisplo

Travisplo Dapper Necromonsieur, a fine undead gentleman

So... Why didn't renegade begin slashing out armor plates with the sword of the fallen? It's the thing best able to cut through the armor, and slicing channels through the upper surfaces, before landing a firm punch or construct strike on the compromised section would likely be good enough to knock out a massive section of the armor.

Navi-Hank and c3qo like this.
  22. Mr Zoat

Because he's more concerned of the other Grayven getting the Sword off him and killing him with it. As such, he doesn't actually want to have to do a whole lot of work with it, given that he doesn't have a particularly high skill level.

23. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Has Renegade tried implanting swordsmanship skills via G-Gnome telepathy? I imagine Teth-Adom may have some experience in that field, if Diana wasn't willing.
    At this umpteenth time of extreme physical mutilation and blinding, Renegade should probably look into whether he's being metaphysically cursed or something; he should also stop being so overconfident- you'd think Harry Near would advise him about that, assuming there are available and accurate records of Renegade's constant near-deaths. The apparent, and more importantly neverending, hubris is either just a persistent character flaw or a hazard of being a god of conquest (or both).

24. Mr Zoat

Adom was trained to fight with shield and mace, and he gave up using both in his empowered form.
    The Renegade has no desire to give Mr Near ideas on how killable he is.

I'm afraid that the risk of getting your face shot off is just something you accept in Grayven's line of work. Super tough people have only to many vulnerabilities, eyes are squishier than the flesh surrounding them...

25. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Grayven is starting to be like "MY CABBAGES!". Except, you know, it's his eyes.

"WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE EYES?!"

26. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

He is actually DEPENDING on Granny to save him?

Oh this will be hilarious.

w34v3r and Jormuungaand like this.
  27. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

He should replace them with permanent construct eyes at this point. It would also give him an advantage because he can always change their quality to his desires, and they'd probably look cool.

DrThoth likes this.
  28. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Until something interferes with his ring, which is easier than poking out his eyes.

29. Mr Zoat

He can't really do that. Anything he would use would be overwhelmed by his New God regeneration. He does wear goggles, but the sort of attacks that are worth mentioning usually punch through those.

30. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Dude... You attempted to frame Grayven by attacking Granny's forces with a Motherbox at your side while wearing your own armor and wielding your own weapons and power rings...

It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together when you half ass something like that.