1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Razorfloss

Razorfloss I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ouch talk about a hit to the pride.

2. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

A Gammadion is a cross made of capital Gammas, which in turn look like upside-down capital Ls.

So, basically, the name of this episode is Swastika.

3. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Well, that's not foreboding at all.

The Reach plot interests me a lot, so I'm happy we are back here.

Will we see more of Paul's involvement with that or will it be left to the people he delegated too? Also, what's the status on getting the Oans to play together again?

4. jonasquinn

jonasquinn I trust you know where the happy button is?

Does LEGION still stand for what it did in the comics? Cos I'm not sure if that acronym makes perfect sense in this context

AtomicGeneral25 likes this.
  5. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, catching up with the lady love. A nice warmup for a new episode.

Impressive. I suppose it could be a religious thing, a way to keep the upper echelons of their government grounded...

Heh. I'm sure the black market and smuggling trades were in full swing...

The folly of not getting to know your neighbours, played out on an interstellar scale...

Good to see a fleet presence. At least Jade and her fellow troops won't be stranded if things go sour. Assuming OL wouldn't come running as soon as he learned of it.

Pffft... Seriously? Their cover's blown, they should just cut their losses. I thought they were pragmatic...

Ah. Make a big fuss to keep them looking the wrong way while sneaking more ninjas in. Too bad NEMO is already wise to that trick.

Heh, nice way to vocalise the names of a species that doesn't have a primarily spoken language. (For certain values of spoken, like using human pitch and phenomes.)

An impressive shift from the typical Cheshire, likely due to OL and the Orange Light use she had...

I'm guessing the term 'caveman' was bandied about... Until she kicked some asses.

And yet she's still the same Cheshire, in so many ways.

Huh, some people still getting hit by the MINEMINEMINE-bomb, eh?

Heh. All of a month and she hasn't even used it, has she?

Well, she's got a leg up on some of the League members in keeping up on the news...

Few people have the character needed to channel two different lights, especially ones towards opposite ends of the Spectrum. The Renegade gets away with it by alternating, and he uses two lights adjacent to each other...

Also, no "It's the Cake-Man!" I'm sure that's a bonus.

At least Paula can keep up with Artemis' Dannered physique a little?

Ah, OL, blundering into bad conversational routes as usual.

He sounds so proud. Don't forget the one or two disabled or otherwise out of combat, like Rocket Red.

...Because if they put their mind to it, they could do a real number on Earth? Yeah... Not waht you want the League focusing on, especially with OL trying to nudge the younger Sivanas towards good.

And we're one episode closer to April Fools. From what Ganurath said, I foresee either Nazis or religion playing a big part in this episode...

6. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Yes, I tried to work out an alternative and came up with nothing. Any ideas?

7. Ganurath

Several, although an explicit statement on the function and methods of LEGION in this continuity, especially as compared to the Orange Corps and Darkstars, would help moisten up the creative juices.

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey what does the OLC do with lanterns that have misused their rings, but haven't been driven crazy by them, like those in the blue cells?

What is their policy on that?

Are the Controllers going to figure out a way to turn assimilated people back into regular people in your story, and if so then what year?

Will they try to use the white light to do so, you said that they will try to gain access to it to safely bring someone back from the dead?

Can people that were magic users in life and get assimilated still use magic, aside from those demons that OL assimilated?

Is there a way to turn assimilated people back into regular people in the comics?

The only time someone came back from assimilation happened in a fic i read where the assimilated MC was brought back using the blue light.

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Will the paragon get to use a ring of a diffrent color in your story, like the renegade?

Aside from that time he used the star sapphire to make a demonstration to Jades roommate.

Cuchulin likes this.
  10. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

it doesn't have to work in English

maybe the acronym work in their language ( which ever one Brain 2 like to use) but not in English since the individual word make no sense

11. jonasquinn

jonasquinn I trust you know where the happy button is?

Maybe just change it a little bit? Something like Licensed Extra-Governmental Interstellar Operational Navy?

Since it's a navy that works with the various governments neighbouring the Reach but doesn't answer to any of them

12. The Chosen One

The Chosen One Getting out there.

Should call it the Orange-Affiliate Naval Service, just to be cheeky.

13. Mr Zoat

Depends what you mean by 'misused'. So far there haven't been any major non-insanity related disciplinary problems from people integrated into the Corps proper, because Dox is filtering them.
    I have no plans on this topic.
    The Controllers? No.
    The SI doesn't know.
    Yes, one top-tier goddess turned Larfleeze's entire Corps back.
    I'm not aware of blue light ever doing that in comic canon.
    Yes, it does.
    I originally planned that he would. I don't know if that will still happen.
    How is that cheeky?

14. Ganurath

The acronym. What do you call people from Oa?

15. Mr Zoat

I don't think that the Controllers would go for that.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Can i have a link about that goddess turning them back, that is if you remember it?

The only gods i remember Larfleeze facing in the comics were those Tuath Daan guys, from his solo series?

What was her name anyway?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Gilhelmi, Ardy and DrThoth like this.
  17. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

I should play that game one of these days.

18. Blackshard

Blackshard ~

Steam's Winter Sale is on right now, so it's a pretty good time to buy new games in general.

19. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

It's worth it just to listen to the narrator.

20. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

I actually went out and got it. I'm pretty sure I let myself get fucked over by losing one adventurer to the Farmstead and two more to an expedition.

21. Mr Zoat

Sena, I think.

22. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yes, Nabu is still fully capable of using magic and Ras al ghul still uses Alchemy, though neither is using an internal mana source.

23. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Isn't that New 52 continuity? I believe you've linked to stuff from that before, but it's still surprising.

Darko likes this.
  24. Mr Zoat

While Worm fandom is notorious for confusing fanon with canon, it's hardly the only one.

25. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ol' Uncle Wayne June.

Nah. That's part if the slow horror of the game...valued comrades are ultimately...replacable.

Hell's Razer and Navi-Hank like this.
  26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

To DrThoth

Yeah Zoat did add several characters who were first introduced in post flash point, Hyalt(a new god weaponsmith), the new 52 version of Trickster, that blind woman who he made an orange lantern, or even characters that were introduced pre flash point but had their stories and histories explained in the new 52, Ratchet comes to mind.

He also added that whole Superboys kryptonian name meaning abomination, that was introduced in the comics with the whole H'el thing and Kara, unless it was mentioned in pre fp continuity.

27. Steelplaza

Steelplaza Custom Title

LEGION as an english acronym hardly makes sense anyway, but there's no reason that "Legion" can't be the closest translation of the term most commonly used for this force. You could say it translations as something like, "Legion of Allied Interstellar Security Forces" which most people refer to as the "Legion". The conceit being that it's not just the navy built by the Controllers (though that makes up the bulk of the forces) but they also accept ships contributed by interstellar polities allied in anti-Reach activities.

Which makes sense... Darkstars and Orange Lanterns are their own thing, but the Legion provides a place to integrate forces contributed by allied polities who want to be part of the anti-Reach alliance.

28. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

Think I've found another continuity error.

In the recent 'episode' you introduced Mirror Master as being someone the league didn't know had a successor, but you introduced him a while ago.

DrThoth likes this.
  29. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Ardy, Mr Zoat and Grimnar like this.
  30. Navi-Hank

Navi-Hank An engine fuled by spite

Yeah, the only thing that doesn't cost a cent are lives

Hell's Razer likes this.