1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We talked about it, many complained about it or hoped it would never come to pass, but the time for the forum software upgrade is now!

See the details here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Getting sticky.

Why was he looking for nonhuman technology specifically? If he was looking for stuff that can give him superpowers well, technically, there's Earth-made stuff that can give them too (radiation exposure, FEV exposure, whatever's going on with the Cabots). Also if he was looking for 'the largest cache of nonhuman tech' how the heck did his ring miss not one but two zetan Motherships in Earth orbit? What did they have 'scry wards' carved on the hull?

2. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey Know what you're doing yet?

How common are aircraft of any sort in Fallout?

3. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Enclave has a few helicopters, boomers have a bomber. Zetans have a mothership.

4. desolatedsabers

desolatedsabers Getting sticky.

at this point the NCR has bear force 1. which is like 5 vertibirds maybe. otherwise the enclave is slowly producing more vertibirds. the boomers don't have their bomber yet. if we're going by in general the brotherhood has developed at least four blimps, and a shitload of vertibirds by the time of 4.

5. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

A few factions have Vertibirds, and the East Coast Brotherhood gets a giant airship in Fallout 4.
    At this point the Enclave isn't producing much of anything.

6. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Versed in the lewd.

Maybe.

Getting every single Paul would be stupid.

7. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 The debate continues, Brotherhood or Enclave?

Welp Mr Zoat, you've got me re-downloading FNV. Again.

8. hance1986

hance1986 Know what you're doing yet?

If we're covering alternate Pauls Zoat, I'm interested in what you would do with Paul emerging with the ring over Terminator Earth, specifically during the Future War period strictly during Terminator 1 & 2, for obvious reasons.

If it was me, I'd use the ring to subvert/reprogram Skynet at the central core or slave higher functions to my control, stop the Machine combat units in the field, halt the Machine work camps and human processing centers, and contact John Connor and the Resistance to see about working together to rebuild with Skynet's resources and facilities.

9. Mr Zoat

Are work camps and processing centres from T1 or T2? Because if not, then they didn't happen.

10. hance1986

Kyle Reese in Terminator 1 was in a work camp before being freed by John Connor. He mentions the disposal units ran night and day.

11. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Know what you're doing yet?

In actual Fallout? All we've seen is helicopters, an airship, and a restored B-52 bomber.

In the OWB mod? It's quite possible to invest in aircraft. With several nations being able to field the equivalent of WW2 aircraft.

There are three tiers of technology in OWB. Tribal, Civilized, and Advanced. Many nations are only Tribal, though the Tribals with focus trees usually get the ability to advance to Civilized. It's extremely rare for a Civilized nation to be able to reach Advanced. For the most part you either have to start out as Advanced or be one of the nations that can be taken over by the Enclave.

[​IMG]

In OWB, the Legion is considered to be a Civilized nation. So in theory the Legion could have some WW2 comparable aircraft or airships given that Kronos is in the mod's version of the Fallout world.

As for those three stars under some of those aircraft are? Variants. Like, the bomber variants can have less fuel but more bombs, torpedoes for anti-ship duty, or more fuel but less bombs. Or the airship variants can be weaker but cheaper, be specialized for attacking ground targets, or be specialized for attacking air targets.

[​IMG]

And just to give an idea on what the Gliders Tribals are restricted to are like, as well as what the airships are like. I figure the rest of the aircraft are basically self-explanatory.

So, uh, yeah. In the OWB version of the setting, the Legion can have a proper air force and be just as well equipped as the NCR.

=====

I'll also say the Enclave could in theory still be producing something in the canon timeline. They weren't actually destroyed during the events of Fallout 3 and Broken Steel. During the final fight against them a fuckload of Enclave Vertibirds were fleeing somewhere. Maybe the Chicago Outpost?

And, well, in OWB they're slated to be the dominant power in the Midwest.

=====

And yes, the work camps are canon to Terminator and Terminator 2.

In the first movie, when Kyle is telling Sarah about the future: Most of us were rounded up, put in camps for orderly disposal. (pulls up his right sleeve, exposing a barcode) This is burned in by laser scan. Some of us were kept alive... to work... loading bodies. The disposal units ran night and day. We were that close to going out forever. But there was one man who taught us to fight, to storm the wire of the camps, to smash those metal motherfuckers into junk. He turned it around. He brought us back from the brink. His name is Connor. John Connor. Your son, Sarah, your unborn son.

12. Mr Zoat

Huh. I wonder why? That can't have been more efficient than just shooting them, or having machines do the work.

The Republic of the Rio Grande can go from Civilised to Advanced, if you merge your leader with what's left of an AI.

There are also a few custom devices and weapons some factions can build.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  13. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Know what you're doing yet?

Maybe Skynet was just being really fucking petty?

I know Sarah Connor Chronicles also said that the work camps were actually run by people referred to as Grays. Human collaborators who willingly worked for Skynet and spent a lot of their time teaching Terminators how to blend in with humans.

Though that probably isn't canon to the movies. So whatever.

Gantradies, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  14. Rafin

Rafin Getting out there.

Why? What were they in canon? I can't find anything about them on the fallout wiki.

15. Mr Zoat

I'm not sure that they were in canon Fallout. It just seems like a waste that Area 51 is on the map, canon Fallout has aliens, and the people who live there have nothing to do with them. I'd rather they had a focus that Broken Coast. Broken Coast means that I need to learn how to use navy. In Hearts of Iron IV. Who does that?

16. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

17. Khettien

Khettien Perpetually confused

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Forced_Evolutionary_Virus

Short version? Artificial viral load that was supposed to adapt lifeforms to being immune to radiation - while that part works, when it's successful, the developers decided it would be a great idea (in typical Fallout fashion) to also make the recipients into the psychopathic general's perfect shock trooper - huge, stupid, and unreasonably strong. The anthropophagy may actually be an unintended side effect, but it's a damn common one.

18. Aelyx

Aelyx Getting out there.

I've found myself playing Desert Rangers, again and again, I always loved the idea of getting them to tell the NCR to kick rocks. I found myself using this mod which allows you to advance from Tribal to Civilized, or Civilized to Advanced. The Advanced decision requires 100 free civilian factories to use.

Ardy likes this.
  19. Silverias

Silverias Making the rounds.

Stupid was actually unintentional. Just look at Marcus.

nick012000 and Ardy like this.
  20. Mr Zoat

The explanation given in Fallout 1 is that Mariposa was hit during the war, spreading an unfinished version of the virus across the region. A lot of mutations happened as a result, and most local wastelanders have partial immunity to FEV as a result. Only people protected from that exposure can become Super Mutants and retain their full intelligence. Like Vault Dwellers.

21. Coda

Coda Not too sore, are you?

HEY-OH!

Assuming there's more than one alien among the zetans, aliens'.

22. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

23. Vaermina

Vaermina I trust you know where the happy button is?

The funny thing is, FEV works and is perfectly safe.

The problem with it was always the specific military strain of the virus that leads to super mutants in combination with radiation exposure.

nobodez, Gantradies and Gilhelmi like this.
  24. hance1986

So you never said how you would handle OL Paul appearing over Future War era Terminator Earth. You have any ideas?

25. TheEyes

TheEyes Versed in the lewd.

Who knows what kinds of restrictions Skynet v1 was operating under? Maybe it has a hard-coded restriction against killing prisoners, and thus has to intimidate other prisoners into doing the job for them?

26. hance1986

I think Skynet did a certain level of inefficiency because it hated humans. It made bipedal war forms that looked like metal skeletons. Having a machine death camp was both efficient in using human resources while still expending them.

27. Vaermina

Vaermina I trust you know where the happy button is?

Long version.

They created a virus that let them re-write a persons DNA, so there were a bunch of experiments done with it, one of which was military in nature, this specific strain of the virus was an attempt to create super soldiers that were super strong, super tough, ageless, and immune to both biological weapons and radiation.

It worked, perfectly.

Unfortunately there was the unintended side effect resulting from high radiation levels in the body prior to virus exposure causing a comparable loss of intelligence.

Which makes the whole thing super amusing because Paul with his ring could have used that strain to turn himself into Captain America 2.0.

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  28. Darko

Darko I trust you know where the happy button is?

Zoat aside from dating Hela what else did Paul help her with?

Did he help her in finding a new way to treat the dead?

Find her souls like paragon did for Hades?

Has the Avenger version met Marvel Hades, aka Pluto, he knows Thor and Thor knows Hercules, plus Hela and Pluto were on that villain team in the comics?

DrThoth likes this.
  29. Mr Zoat

We don't know enough about the world. If he could work out what was going on with a single scan, taking control of Skynet would be relatively easy. So that, I guess.
    It was about using her resources and motivating the dead to build something better.
    No.

30. SIDoragon

SIDoragon Making the rounds.

Okay, I want more of the Old World Dudes story. That is interesting.

Galler and hance1986 like this.