1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

If they had the time they could've reached out to The Trio and commissioned an army of Buffybots to throw at Krona's army of sexbots during the base assault. :( Sadly they are in a rush.

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yeah, they may not even share the smallest things like a favorite food, because her genetic alteration affected her taste buds.
    Plus this version of her would appear as a woman in her late thirties and not like someone that is still in their twenties

AngelicKnight. and Cuchulin like this.
  3. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Is it really wise to have Harley Quinn of all people be the first impression of a jew for a person you want to become less anti semitic?
    Like I know she hasn't snapped yet, but that doesen't seem to be the greates idea.

Gantradies, Gladiusone, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

She is a highly skilled and intelligent psychologist that has a history of dealing with superpowered people.

5. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

Really, as of now, the most objectionable thing about her is her accent. And it ain't that bad.

6. Aeess

I dont know how much it's true in this story, but she usually doesn't have a past of mental stability even before she met the Joker, like i get that she is reasonably safe, but why taje the risk.

7. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Are they, really? Even afterward? Or should it be "were"?

built

^ Note to new proofreaders: You should provide more context for your corrections or the author won't know which word you're asking to change.

Chojin Patriarch and Mr Zoat like this.
  8. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    No, I just didn't change the version in the main thread for some reason. Story Only and my Word format version were changed.

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The SI told her that she just had problems with males in authority after their date.
    Considering the fact that he probably got a good look at her on an emotional level I'm fairly certain that she is stable

Ngamer11, Prince Charon, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  10. GhostKing 666

GhostKing 666 Know what you're doing yet?

Correction, guns wont kill a vampire but there is a wide gap between something not killing you and something not hurting you. Something Darla showed Angel quite well after she laid him on the floor helpless after shooting him. And most demons are even more vulnerable to high caliber guns shooting at them considering they actually need their internal organs intact.

The reason why the Sunnydale Police are useless is because they are naturally in the Mayor's pocket, so there's quite a bit of corruption and incompetence inside the police.

As for why so few people use guns, well if the bad guy's started using guns as standard issue(as opposed to occasional one-offs to show how dangerous they are) the heroes would be fucked, and the good guys seemed to have divided opinions. Wesley over in Angel didn't have any problems with shooting demons with shotguns but the Scoobies have this huge hang up with using guns to the point where they make pointy-stick launcher superheroes look progressive.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Aside from being in the Mayors pocket the cops could also be afraid of the vamps and demons, because lets face it what isn't there to be afraid off.

Another reason so few people probably use guns is well they may think they don't work against monsters.
    Remember when OL was talking to Lady Clayface, when she was pretending to be a guard, and she said that she thought guns don't work against vamps.

Secret societies that are fighting vamps may consider their traditions to be more important than improving themselves, so because they have been fighting using things like swords and spears for centuries other weapons are unacceptable.
    I know this seems like a stupid reason, but considering what some secret societies in fiction do it isn't that far off.

I mean the League of Shadows thought a space death ray was a good way to save the environment

12. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

I'm just going to take a distant stab at things.
    Overgirl is a blond superstrong teen that violently deals with threats to her world and was empowered by others to do her duty.

Buffy Summers is a blond superstrong teen that violently deals with threats to her world and was empowered by others to do her duty.
    *pokes buffy wiki* And evidently played pretend with her cousin, as 'Power Girl', saving the innocent civilians.

Anyone else expecting more then a touch of a physical resemblance if and when they meet?

Ngamer11, Hell's Razer, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  13. Sorrow

Sorrow Getting sticky.

Be funny to find Buffy is the local equivalent of Nazi SuperGirl.

Willow: I still can't believe your a Nazi!

Buffy: I'm not! That other me is! And let's not forget Vampire Slut you!!

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ha!

But seriously there may be a small chance that this is true and the reason Zaul hasn't pointed out that they are the same person is that he's too lazy to do it.

It most likely isn't treu that they are counterparts, just two women that share a similar story and life

15. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

No, it's very much irrevocable at this point.

Removing Glory from the playing field before the monks could turn Dawn into the key would be almost dooming the universe on it's own.

But that on top of removing the Mayor and freeing the First Evil to act early?

There's quite literally no way to prevent the entire dimension from collapsing when Twilight shows up.

Cuchulin likes this.
  16. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Steaks aren't forged by man, especially not the ones Buffy uses. If that was the genie, why didn't she just use Mr. pointy to kill him?

17. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

You're right. Steaks aren't forged by man. They're grilled.

Sorry. Had to make the joke.

18. Siiracai The Supernal

Siiracai The Supernal Shadows and Balance

I kind of want to see a Paul in Worm.

19. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

There's a fan omake, but last I heard Zoat hasn't read Worm, so there won't be a Worm Alt.Paul anytime soon, sorry.

20. Aeess

Paul in Worm probably wouldn't be that interesting since he lacks a way to recharge his ring and worm isn't the kind of world where gathering enough resources makes much of a difference unless the resources s are parahumans, in which case the difference will be negative unless they were created by cauldron.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Ngamer11, thebishop8, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  21. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Only meaningful mention of Germany on the Bufgyverse wiki was that Darla was there in the 1930s, although I can't imagine that that would imply anything.

Lupercal likes this.
  22. Mr Zoat

That word. It does not mean what you think it means.

Essentially, the idea was that he would 'adapt' a parahuman energy manipulator to recharge his ring.

23. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

That hasn't stopped a lot of other Worm fanfic writers.

He could hire L33t to make him a lantern like device.

24. Aeess

Yeah, but if that was possible it would mean the Entities had access to the emotional spectrum, which would remove the entire point of the cycle.

So it's not a reasonable inclusion in a what if scenario.

Chaoswind, Jaron, thebishop8 and 2 others like this.
  25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Either they didn't notice the Spectrum or they can't use it for whatever reason.

The Lightsmiths in the n52 comics based their civilization around the spectrum for their power, but eventually ran out of energy.

So either the Spectrum doesn't have enough power for them, they can't use said power, don't know about it etc.

Or they're just stupid

Cuchulin, AngelicKnight. and Ardy like this.
  26. Aeess

If they cant use use spectrum, then a shard which only has a fraction of their power would not be able to.

Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  27. Mr Zoat

They lack the appropriate emotional range and technological base.
    Orange rings can gaolbreak shards.

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It could be possible for the ring to recharge from other sources.

Lord Protector was able to use one of those magic stones and Sybarite ate demons

MasterG and Cuchulin like this.
  29. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

Could be interesting, but it's unclear whether the Emotional Spectrum exists as something useful to Power Rings in the Worm-verse. The Entities might well be interested in Power Ring tech, as something to add to their tech base, and how they might harvest that is something rarely seen in fanfics (I don't think the loss of the Thinker would necessarily prevent such harvesting, as it's likely semi-autonomous).

Mr Zoat is a sneaky author, so I don't know what he'd do with a Worm SI. Finding a way to suck power out of shards, or the shard-cape interface, might be interesting. Breaking the black boxing of Tinker Tech could be fun. Getting a Tinker tech Lantern, that uses a shard to recharge his Ring, and the shard in turn harvesting solar energy in its dimensional Earth might work... OJ getting Earth to start going Entity hunting, across the dimensions, after the Warrior is dealt with? Quite a lot of possibilities...

Reading Worm and risking getting depressed may not be desirable - you could try reading Taylor Varga, assuming you don't object too much to slice-of-life trolling demonic lizards. :)

(Reader health warning: TV is up to 1.8m words, and the omake are above half-a-mega word...)

Vorian likes this.
  30. Aeess

The emotional range shouldn't really be a problem, since the entities create avatars every cycle based on other species and become able to feel as they do.

But I didn't think a certain technological base was necessary, didn't the guardians access it through bacteria?
    Shards located in other universes?
    Yeah, but that was explicitly magic, which as far as we know doesn't exist in worm.

Jaron and infinityDivided like this.