1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Fellow

Fellow Know what you're doing yet?

Even though this is just a parallel version, it's nice to see Constantine again.

2. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Change "that" to "than".

3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

4. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Or maybe it's because the whole "demon inhabiting corpse" thing is pure fanon.

On the 1 to 10 scale of bad idea's, this officially rates a 13.

5. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Huh, they've been busy, I see. Fuelling up Zaul?

Oooh, a Rhymer. That's some pull. And it sound like it was aiming for a limerick.

I'll bet they've heard that a lot in the last couple of hours...

Oh, that's handy. I bet he's wiping quite a few debts owed off his ledger by eliminating the creditor...

And this is the fine older Zatanna, isn't it? Fishnets and tuxedo? At least the time goes easy with that view. Heck, even if it's her eighties' supersuit with the big flappy sleeves...

Well, they technically count as life, after all. Merely life supported more heavily by arcane structures than mere flesh and blood.

Yeah, much more and Nekron's gonna start noticing the data coming in...

Oh, my. That must feel remarkable...

I'm guessing that's a joke about his own fear of death?

And to be honest, it's going to be awkward if he puts the effort in only to find there's no way to make it work as desired in the Buffyverse...

I'm guessing mostly the torso. There wouldn't be much left otherwise...

...Ew. Then again, sort-of Vampire.

Cue mass facepalms.

The setup...

... And the punchline. But they lose points for not giving the exact same line in stereo.

Heh, that is an interesting distinction, isn't it?

And someday, we'll all find out just how that actually happened...

Huh. I suppose Necromancy and Necrourgy do need more than an alias to work from...

Hmm... Have they bothered to check on this universe's local Jade yet? Or would she not be distinct enough from the original 'default' canon timeline?

Ah, unknowing truths are the funniest kinds, especially when they realise how accurate they were...

And here... We... Go.

Quite the anatomy lesson... And amusingly, these three Pauls are the most likely to be able to appreciate it.

Yeah, I doubt the view is that great...

And she can honestly be forgiven for not having any red in that statement this time...

This will be quite the rescue party. Two Black Lanterns, a Red Lantern and an Indigo Lantern... Plus however many locals come along for the ride... Assuming they can find a way to get there...

Be funny if he was, though.

6. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

It's a shame they didn't get Black up to 100%. It's always good to have a buffer zone. And better the buffer zone be as high as it's possible to take it.

RGFJ, Handlewithcare and zerofarad like this.
  7. nic611

nic611 Getting out there.

If that Ring gets to 100% it will likely attempt to summon Nekron. Best to keep it useable but nowhere near full.

8. zerofarad

zerofarad Know what you're doing yet?

seeing a dead body?
    if?

What an approach! I don't think I've ever seen this style of necromantic problem-solving before.

9. Huttj509

Huttj509 Getting sticky.

"You know what would help us take out Krona? Blackest Night!

...Of *course* Constantine approves of this plan...

BBJimmy, RGFJ, Alexandercctv and 14 others like this.
  10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Let's just hope that this time his partnership with this Black Lantern SI goes better than the other one

RGFJ, Jaron, infinityDivided and 2 others like this.
  11. Breadnaught

Breadnaught Experienced.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 2 Ep 7.
    That's not fanon and is established multiple times through the series. And in Angel too.

12. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

So you WANT Nekron to show up? :confused::confused::confused: Why?!

Darko likes this.
  13. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Of course he does, he figures he will abuse them to get rid of his demon problems then hide out in the Silver City till everything blows over.

You are making the mistake of treating an uninformed characters statement as fact.

Hint, if what is seen doesn't match up with what characters claim, it's the characters that are wrong.

14. Breadnaught

Breadnaught Experienced.

No, I'm not. It's established multiple times, that's just the best example I can think of with a character explicitly stating it in so many words.

You're trying to shoe horn in your own unsupported fanon.

15. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

It wouldn't be the first time.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Buffy could have been informed about the whole demon inhabiting corpse thing by Giles, who is an expert in many things supernatural, and we just never saw.

Also this just may be the first time that Constantine's plan on summoning demons to 'help' can work out, instead of it exploding in everyone's faces, literally.

litaispe, Alexandercctv, Ardy and 7 others like this.
  17. Prince Charon

More likely by her first Watcher, before she met the rest of the cast. Giles does tell Xander and Willow in the pilot, IIRC. (Including a summary: "You're not looking at your friend, you're looking at the thing that killed him.")

Alexandercctv, Ardy, Doccer and 6 others like this.
  18. Breadnaught

Breadnaught Experienced.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The situation is still ongoing and there's still plenty to time for Constantine to Constantine.

I mean, it would be nice if that didn't happen for once, but I'm not lowering my guard until we're sure its over. And probably not even then, because consequences coming along weeks/months/years later is entirely possible too.

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I know, but there is a first time for everything.

Still surprised that the paragons relationship with his Constantine was as smooth as it was, though it would not surprise me if they come to blows in the future and OL finds out that he really shouldn't have allowed Constantine to give him those tattoos, seeing as he probably left some sort of self destruct in them.

20. Dur'id the Druid

Dur'id the Druid Know what you're doing yet?

Yeah, Angel and his human soul is a matter of strife in BTVS. Especially if you think that the soul they put in Angel the first or second times he was ensouled may not have been Liam (Angels name when he was human). After all, the only soul to actually get pulled back out of the afterlife was Buffy, and that caused a while lot of bad karma.

21. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Even better, Black can keep using this method to feed when he goes back to the Buffyverse.

22. Belenus

Belenus Versed in the lewd.

On the one hand, he's just Vaermina-posting, and engaging is a waste of time and effort. But on the other, I do have to somewhat admire the level of dedication he devotes to be consistently, provably, reliably wrong.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  23. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

This is getting out of hand! Now there is two of them!

I wonder what all counts as a heart. Could Black harvest Clayface somehow, for instance?

True Ninja, Belenus, Darko and 2 others like this.
  24. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Actually, since Inviolate was written before Darkest Night, there's a good chance that even bringing it to 26% will result in Nekron going 'Power rings that work for me? What a good idea!'
    Thank you, corrected.
    And then there's the occasion where Giles and Ethan get hunted by a pleasure demon, and they solve the situation by having it try to possess Angel. The thing possessing him fights it and wins.

25. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

making the demon feel the right emotion with out a mage like Zatanna would make it more difficult

ZL is gonna have to deal with more negative emotion from that sort of method cause i doubt there are demon of compassion/hope

26. Prince Charon

True, but Willow is pretty powerful in canon, and is fine with killing evil demons.

Alexandercctv, Cuchulin, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  27. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

It's just better to ignore anything Vaermina says in this thread, as it's almost always wrong. Like, the complete opposite of the reality of the situation.

28. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

I don’t know them, and I’m honestly not gonna judge them on hear say, but that actually seems like a really useful thing to have. Just take what they say, and know basically the opposite is true, leading to a lot of saved time on research. So pay very close attention to what they say is the correct advice :V

29. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

The interesting thing is you don't actually need to be demonically possessed to become a vampire. At least if you go by the comics, which had this kind of goofy thing called a Zompire.

Some shit happened that basically made it so the demon that would ordinarily possess your corpse couldn't do that anymore. You still turned into a vampire, but without a soul or the possessing demon there was no guiding intelligence. You operated purely on instinct and basically turned into a mindless beast.

30. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Considering that episode where Buffy's college roommate borrowed her soul without even asking first, the soul is not the mind, but influences the mind, just as the body isn't the mind but can influence it (you know, brain tumors, hormones or lack thereof, ingesting mind altering chemicals, etc).

While without a soul, Buffy became bitchy and willing to commit violence against her friends to get what she wants, and there were no signs that her roommate who was using her soul as camouflage to avoid her family becoming like Buffy mentally.

So I figure that Darla's resurrection worked by nature that despite the vampire transformation, there was only one mind with one brain, so the fact that her human soul would be hundreds of years out of date was just irrelevant.

After her re-siring if Darla 2.0 had a new or the old demon possessing her, well I doubt it makes any functional difference.