1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No.
    No. Those injuries have long since healed.

2. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

You might have noticed most of the names the Equestrians call those who came through the mirror by are slightly off.

RichardWhereat and Darko like this.
  3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Really then what did he get from them if not the visitation rights?

I thought that she told Paul she still had those injuries because they were making some kind of point to her to stop trying to contact their souls.

4. Mr Zoat

Effective elimination of their 'default service provider' status and an allowance for contact by his priesthood. Probably some other things that also aren't important to the story.
    I really don't remember.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

By elimination of default service provider do you mean that souls that would have gone to Heaven or Hell, even if they worshiped other gods, but not that much, like the souls in Limbo, are now going to go to the afterlives of the gods they worshiped even if it was not that much, because that's what I'm guessing?

Cuchulin and True Ninja like this.
  6. Mr Zoat

No, it's agnostics and others with no strong opinion who now aren't automatically shifted into the monotheistic structure.

7. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Oh. Good. I was a little worried there. I've numerous atheist and agnostic friends and I'd much rather see them in the Elysium Fields than them having to suffer hell.

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So if they don't worship for example the Hellenistic gods, but were still somehow inspired by them, either by reading stories about them or something similar, then they would go to Erebus, instead Heaven or Hell?

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  9. Mr Zoat

They might. Or to a different afterlife entirely. Plus, it allows innovative afterlife service providers like the Japanese pantheon to expand their market.

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The Japanese afterlife may not be all that nice if they're using the methods they used in Lucifer.

Leaving people that haven't accomplished anything too good or too evil in small rooms while depriving them of their senses isn't exactly something most people would want, unless their masochists of course.

Ardy, Cuchulin and RichardWhereat like this.
  11. Mr Zoat

I never said that their product was any good.

12. NullVoid

NullVoid Getting out there.

This should be "shearing". (sheer vs. shear is one of those things that drive me nuts)

Chojin Patriarch and Mr Zoat like this.
  13. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

14. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

So, would the Home For Infinite Losers be a suitable such provider? :)

Some might like blue ogres (oni), and the odd martial artist dropping in from above...

15. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Speaking of innovative providers, is Mormon heaven a thing in the DCverse / Zoatverse? Cuz that seems like a good way to munchkin your way to superior powers.

Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  16. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

What if your religion is Science Fiction, and your heaven is the Omega Point? :)

(Yes, both of the links cover similar stuff, but, the perspective is different. And, maybe you want the book titles? :) )

If you've got the right religion, can you be reincarnated as a robot?

(Dalai Lama on the subject.)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    Vorian, Darko and Cuchulin like this.
  17. Jus4532

Jus4532 Versed in the lewd.

Mr Zoat, this question kept bothering me for a while and I just have to ask. When OL was possessed by the Ophidian, and started singing New York New York, did he also danced while he was singing it? What kind of dance was it?

Gantradies, Ardy, Darko and 1 other person like this.
  18. RichardWhereat

I have always imagined it as a Sinatra like tapdance.

Ardy, Darko and Cuchulin like this.
  19. dogbertcarroll

dogbertcarroll Random lurker

While some may dislike them, I love the pony sections!

RichardWhereat and Ct613hulu like this.
  20. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

Makes me wonder if people who are members of the Jedi religion get absorbed into the Green or Red when they die.

21. Threadmarks: Duplication (supplementary, Renegade option)
    Mr Zoat

2nd April 2012
    14:08 GMT -6

Luna and I cautiously trot forwards towards the broken edge of the… Room, I suppose.

"I.. have my issues with Celestia's teaching style, but to the best of your knowledge-?"

"Be assured that Our Sister is not in the habit of hurling her students from buildings."

We both look down to where Sunset appears to have survived her crash landing and is now sprinting across the courtyard garden for cover as skull-sized rocks get pelted at her.

"You alright, Sunset!?"

"Yes!"

"Because we're getting slightly worried up here!"

"Short version?!" I just about manage a wing-shrug. "Equestria does have a native earth pony magic tradition!"

"Um! Good?!"

"I know! Ah!"

A boulder the size of a car slams into the ground just in front of her, forcing her to throw herself to the side to avoid running into it. She trips, rolls, then climbs back onto her hooves again just ahead of the next rock.

"It's going to save so much time!"

I turn my head to Luna, who appears to be staring at the scene with the same bewilderment I feel.

"Luna, is this some sort of.. pony thing I don't know about?"

"If it is, then there are two of us who do not know about it. Our Sister's student! Wherefore art thou not using thine unicorn magic?!"

"Did you know that benitoite can stop unicorns using magic?!"

"Neigh, we did not!"

The rain of rock stops and Sunset braces for a novel form of attack.

I smile. Good girl.

"Well it can and it works really well!"

"Daddy, should I stop them?"

I look further down to where Lynne is standing next to my right foreleg and looking up at me, a faint orange glow around her horn.

"No, Sunset appears to be enjoying-" I glance down at the garden as a circle around Sunset becomes liquefacted, causing her to drop into the ground and frantically try to 'swim' to the edge. "-herself. Ponies aren't good swimmers, are they?"

Luna looks away from the garden in order to throw me a quizzical glance.

"And apes are?"

I nod. "Hominids are. Humans can swim straight from the womb."

"That must be a strange sight."

"Compared to a pony trying to swim through earth?"

Sunset reaches the edge and gets her forehooves on solid ground, only for the rest of the soil to become solid as well. Sunset's eyes widen as she's caught halfway.

"Daddy, can babies really swim?"

"Yes, but not very well." Sunset wiggles, trying to use her alicorn strength to force the soil to release her. The soil covering the front part of her torso falls free easily enough but she can't get the leverage to pull herself out of the hole. "They tend to float and they hold their breath, but they can't do more than doggy paddle and they're not very strong."

The earth on the far side of the courtyard erupts, rock pillars shooting upward to form a series of steps from the roof to the garden as a small grey mare in a dull blue dress calmly jumps from one to the next like a mountain goat funeral director.

"Sunset."

Her voice sounds curiously disinterested, as if fights on the palace grounds are something she gets into every day.

"You know you can get out with magic."

"Yeah… But when I said I like hooves-on-" She strains against her earthy prison. "-research, I still meant a training area, not just -uhh- 'throwing down' in the palace."

The grey pony reaches ground level and lightly stomps her forehooves, causing the rock pillars to sink back into the ground. Dread to think what the subsidence is going to be like in a few years…

The grey pony then stops and stamps her back right leg. The ground around Sunset slowly rises up in a wave of earth.

"Um. Um. Um."

Sunset takes a deep breath and lets the wave collapse on top of her. I don my goggles so that I can make sure that her life isn't in danger, but… I don't want to intervene yet. And not just because she brought this on herself. Given the day she had yesterday, I'd probably give her a bye on that one. No, it's because I can tell the difference between outright panic and a momentary burst of fear. Sunset was worried about the soil, but she didn't genuinely believe that she might die. So that-.

Soil explodes in all directions, though I note that anything that hit the grey mare dropped to the ground immediately, rather than sticking to her fur or clothing. Sunset stands unsteadily in the centre of a gardener-horrifying crater. She's still pretty muddy, but-. Oh, that was lacertomancy. She removed the soil with a super strength flex, rather than geomancy. Still a one-in-four improvement on her earth pony magic skills since yesterday, but probably not what she was trying for.

"It worked!" She looks up at us. "Did you see that!?"

"Yes! Very nice!" I frown. "Luna, have you got any idea who the grey mare is?"

"No, though We think that We may need to make her acquaintance once this bizarre display has been concluded, both to learn from her expertise and to sentence her for vandalism."

"Daddy, can we learn to do that?"

"Pro-bably, but you'd only be able to do it in pony form." I glance down at her. "And if you're interested in magical strength-training, I can show you how to do that."

"Okay."

Sunset clears the edge of the crater by awkwardly flapping her dirt-encrusted wings and doing a trot-landing on what's left of the grass.

"That wasn't rock magic."

A spear of rock shoots out of the ground and Sunset has to jerk her head to the side to avoid being speared!

"You should try listening to the rocks. They say all kinds of interesting things."

"Ah…" Sunset leans towards the spear. "Hello.. rock..?

Another spear comes at her from her left, and she drops onto her belly to fully evade it!

"Ah! Bad rock!"

"Hey, Luna." I frown as Sunset keeps trying to 'talk' to the rock and the grey mare keeps firing spears at her. "Can you control rocks?"

"We cannot. And… Having seen this tomfoolery, We think that We will wait to learn until Sunset Shimmer can instruct Us in a more decorous fashion."

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  22. RichardWhereat

You're missing a size bracket in there.

23. darlene'sdarling

darlene'sdarling Likes Darlene back

I did not know who Maud Pie was before today, and now my life is a little bit more complete.

24. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

I think you wanted to close those brackets.

25. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Wait until they find out about the Earth Pony (or maybe just Pie family) precognition.

26. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

MAUD IS AN EARTHBENDER!

YUSS!

THIS PLEASES ME!

27. Mr Zoat

I think I want to open them.

28. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

what's -> what

29. Mr Zoat