1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I kinda hope OL will do something that will demonstrate to at least the UN that he is more than a "glorified sidekick". How long until people on Earth realize that he is already a top tier superhero at the level of the members of the Justice League?

Also, here are a few more corrections for Tamaranean:

2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

3. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Obligatory:
    IAYAYAYAYA AWAKEN

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Some more obligatory things:

5. DAT_NOOB

I was going to do that but star conquerors don't have abs (to the best of my knowledge).

Darko likes this.
  6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Paul's abs may be quivering right about now.

Same with Kori's abs.

Cuchulin and DAT_NOOB like this.
  7. DAT_NOOB

Alas, Paul and Kori's abs are not awakening, nor are have they been deliciously oiled.

Cuchulin, Istaran and Darko like this.
  8. McGraw

McGraw Getting some practice in, huh?

Honestly, is it that big of a jump? The Starros, who are intelligent enough to understand stealth operations, stole a giant ship out of Earth orbit (a ship owned by a Lantern) and then went to go shoot at Pluto. While a Conqueror is the worst case scenario, what were the other possibilities? It's not like they were mining for resources, or trying to attack Earth. Trying to wake Cthulhu honestly was one of the likelier possibilities.

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey you don't know what their abs are doing right now, and you don't know what Tamaraneans do to groom themselves.

Also how much do you want to bet that if they lacked the xenophobia of the Imperium, the Custodes would book a ticket to Tamaran and never look back?

I'd say that it is still a pretty big jump, They could have been trying to mine for resources, or maybe they left a ship in Pluto from a race they enslaved once.

To think that Pluto is really a Star Conqueror is a very big jump, especially since they only knew there were Star Conquerors on the Ship for less than half an hour.

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  10. Flux Casey

Flux Casey The Colonel

Really... Not a big jump. They're Star Conquerors. They stole ships. That meant they wanted to either escape Earth or do something that required those ships. They don't care about resources, at least not enough that they would hang around in a star system they were in the middle of escaping. They had a ship capable of interstellar flight. They could have fucked off across the galaxy easily. That they stayed meant there was something in the system that was valuable enough they were willing to risk getting caught. What else would Star Conquerors consider to be worth that?

11. DAT_NOOB

If their abs are awakening then the star conquers are the least of their issues.
    It would depend on their ability to fight in melee

Ardy, Navi-Hank and Darko like this.
  12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

A powerful ship from a race they enslaved.

The ClusterShip isn't a military vessel and the Russians ships are primitive.

No matter what you say a lot of people would consider it extremely unlikely that a planet in their solar system has a giant monster inside it.

Yes OL has fought giant monsters, but most didn't tend to be as big as the planet they were on, or probably have the planet form around them.

The Custodes seemed to have largely let their skills go down.

However if they do care about melee combat then Tamaran is a good place since they are a warrior culture.

Cuchulin, Navi-Hank and DAT_NOOB like this.
  13. Flux Casey

Flux Casey The Colonel

Doesn't stop them going out into a galaxy that isn't prepared for them. They could go literally anywhere that would be an easier mark than Earth at that moment. Again, if they wanted resources, they could go anywhere to get them. There had to be something irreplaceable in Pluto.

He literally thinks about another one at the start of this update. It's not like the concept is far from his mind while he twiddles his thumbs in space.

SaltyWaffles, Cuchulin and Navi-Hank like this.
  14. Dragonvx100

Dragonvx100 Not too sore, are you?

Giant Star Conqueror, somebody better pick up the phone because I called it!

Cuchulin likes this.
  15. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Reposting, this time without the spoiler tab. Mr Zoat, I am sorry if this is unnecessary, I just thought you might have missed my post because it came out right before yours. These are corrections found on page 49 of the story only.

Atharos and Darko like this.
  16. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Well, that HUNGER is a good sign! :D

"Starmother of Pluto, welcome to the Orange Lantern Corps!"

Everyone else: For fuck's sake, Paul...

I approve, but sadly I think to many races would shit their bricks if they saw Star Conquerors, orange or not.

The trust issues it would cause make them not worth the investment.

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

A ship from a race they once enslaved can be seen as irreplaceable if said race no longer exists.

They also could have become impatient and just didn't want to wait anymore.

And if the ship is powerful enough they may want to get it as soon as possible since the Lanterns could track the ships they stole from the Russians and Khan, but the ship that they may want may not be so easy for a Lantern to defeat.

His thoughts on a giant monster around which a planet formed was more akin to a minor thought he had rather than something he was seriously considering.

He isn't twiddling his thumbs.

The moment he figured out it was a Mother Star he told the rest to contact the GLC.

Not shooting it immedeatly can be seen as him not wanting to potentially do more harm than good by destroying Pluto and him wanting to kill the Star Conqueror without taking out a celestial body.

Yes in an anime you should shoot the bad guy before they transform, but there is a bit of a big difference between an ordinary sized guy and a planet sized thing.

As I said previously most people tend to not immedeatly jump to the conclusion that a planet in their solar system was formed around a giant monster.

Even Paul isn't that stupid, despite what some people may think.

Yes he gave rings to some evil people, but that was because he either needed them because of their talents and they were reasonable people.

The Star Conquerors have nothing he may want and OL literary said they can't see people as anything other than something to wear.

Cuchulin and Xmaster3000 like this.
  18. DAT_NOOB

If we're going by TTS meme canon then three naked unarmed Custodes fought a demon Primarch to a standstill until Kaldor Drago arrived.

They had a warrior culture.

19. Massgamer

Massgamer Not too sore, are you?

If there was ever a time to call in both corps it's now, maybe even the embodiments of Green and Orange as well since this is a fucking Mother Star, basically the most powerful and fully grow of species.

SaltyWaffles and DAT_NOOB like this.
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They also spent 10000 years wandering around the Palace half naked, rubbing each other in lotion and making uncomfortable sexual jokes instead of training.

So while they may still be very powerful, their skills may be less than what they would be if they actually devoted time to training.

They're experiencing a resurgence in this story and are probably adopting some of their old ways back.

They may not have even abandoned them, just weren't allowed to express them all that much.

The Citadel may have destroyed their fleet, but Tamaranean could have still trained how to fight.

Kori and Kom were trained by Warlods, as were several other Tamaranean nobles.

Even in the comics they still had elements of a warrior culture.

Paul did tell the others to contact the GLC.

Ngamer11, Cuchulin and DAT_NOOB like this.
  21. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

It was established way back in the episode "Preparation", that the Watchtower had sensors being used to scan for Star Conquerors. Clearly something prevented the sensors from detecting this one, but for the SI to assume that they were in fact working as intended and that they should have detected this one isn't unreasonable.

Vorian and Darko like this.
  22. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Clearly, it is time to recruit the Mother Star to the Orange Lantern Corps. :V

23. inglorius

inglorius Getting sticky.

I think that at this point Pluto was.
    Best Snake time when?

nobodez likes this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

To anyone that's interested, Chairtastic has begun updating his 'I want to play a game' Lantern SI story on Spacebattle.

SaltyWaffles and Sockmonkey like this.
  25. Korfayron

Korfayron Making the rounds.

I like how Paul is just standing there letting his enemy do whatever they want, very vegeta of him.

The enemy needs to do this thing to power up "I don't see any reason to stop them"

SaltyWaffles and iamnuff like this.
  26. The Vale

The Vale Know what you're doing yet?

Called it.

SaltyWaffles likes this.
  27. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

It was pretty obvious to a lot of us exactly what the starro's were trying to do several minutes before the mother-star emerged.

I hope it's revealed that something was tampering with his threat-assessment telepathically, otherwise it does kinda feel like he dropped the ball.
    Even after he worked out that it was a mother-star, he told Kori first and asked about her telepathic resistance, instead of warning everyone through comms and asking for backup.
    As though mental resistance training is going to even slow down something that size.

He's right about getting her a blue ring though, the orange one does her a disservice.

28. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Corrected.

29. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

Clearly the thing to do is create a new sort of ring, the Kelvin Ring. These are blue-white, and have a distressing tendency for liquid air to drip from them. The motto of the KL Corps will be:

"Freeze first, ask questions later."

You understand, they're into the preservation of life. At absolute zero. :)

(Another characteristic of them is to use the forehead in hand-to-hand fights; Kelvin.)

((I hereby give permission for anyone to use the Kelvin Lantern Corps in their own works of non-profit fiction.))

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  30. Kalem_Lee

Kalem_Lee Well worn.

Oh F$!k buckets.

SPACE BATTLE ROYAL! FIGHT TO SURVIVE.