1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

He is? Youve read all the in-universe reports, and have access to the full metaknowledge to be able to say that? Or are you just shitposting again?

Travisplo, erebus1994, azqs and 10 others like this.
  2. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

And now a public appearance as the face of the Orange Lantern Corps at a N.E.M.O. function? This is a busy week for OL.

Showing his culinary and hosting skills, I see. Even alternate food for those incapable of eating the local fare safely.

The fun of trying to copy body language for parts you don't have.

Presumably said companion speaking, since Jade would well know how well OL cooks.

Indeed.

Power of the Orange Lantern Corps. When you want something, it goes above and beyond to accomplish it.

Presumably there's minimal competition laws. Though it's a safe bet once one releases its' version, every other company will scramble to catch up.

It's amazing what Humans have evolved the ability to eat...

Ah, and it's not completely a fluff affair.

The Cliff's Notes version, then. He can check the full details later.

Though I expect there's still some dissension. And they end up having to make examples of them...

Ah, state doublethink. Fooling themselves for the sake of security.

Heavy public surveillance, then. I suppose if they weren't so useful, someone would feel obliged to do something about the state of things.

And his opinion is that any slight softness is a weakness to be exploited, eh?

Of course he's not up on the specifics, he's leadership!

Please, do share for the folks at home.

Fascinating. I wonder what evolutionary use that served, and how long it's been since they didn't need it? At least they have a simple, painless way to disable their people.

Rent-a-cops, in other words. No match for trained soldiers, much less Darkstars.

Bet the local Greenies are having a private chuckle at the Reach's misfortune.

Yeah, anything can be tasty, if prepared well. Just don't tell them what they're eating... It might have messy results.

Honey, you haven't seen him in combat... When he's motivated, fights don't last long.

And if you told the Jade Nguyen of two years ago where she'd be, she'd laugh in your face. Then stab you.

True enough. Though not in the way they might think at first.

Showoff. But considerate.

Funny, when you said four-eyed, I instantly imagined Batarians. But from the sound of it, they've more in common with Andorians, with antenna eyes? The DC Universe is a strange place. Still amusing to see OL in such a genial setting. This is definitely shaping up to be a quiet period, letting us see all his projects on the go. Probably makes for a good breather after the last few episodes.

...those exposed to it susceptible to pro-Reach ideas.

3. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Simple logic.

If they had the superior military force, Dox would have them attacking the Reach directly instead of continuing to play defense via putting out minor fires.

4. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

Feh. American English is real English, the English that real people spoke. Britain's "received pronunciation" is the result of 19th century Francophiles butchering their own language, then, because those Otaku happened to be the rich nobility in Britain, passing laws forcing the common people, who up to that point were speaking real English, to speak pidgin Frenchified English instead, a practice that continues to this day.

British "English" is the 19th century version of LOLcat speak, enshrined into their law as their country's official language. :p

WhiteNoise, BBJimmy, Cuchulin and 7 others like this.
  5. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Huh, the more you know.

LostPath and Razorfloss like this.
  6. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

damn im feeling nostalgic about AC syndicate

7. ChiChi

ChiChi I trust you know where the happy button is?

known
    Nice update!

8. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

It's scheduled for the 2.1.3 update.

Gilhelmi, Vorian, nobodez and 3 others like this.
  9. memoryofglory

memoryofglory Getting out there.

Just because you technically have a slight edge in manpower, warships, and munitions doesn't mean your forces have the training, organization, and logistical capability to invade Reach space. Paul's side is a rather young and loose alliance up against a much more unified empire. And with the treaty preventing the Reach from launching a preemptive invasion without bringing the GLC down on their heads, Dox can afford to build up forces and countermeasures to a more comfortable margin before doing anything more ambitious.

WhiteNoise, Vorian, Ardy and 8 others like this.
  10. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Not neccessarily.

The sum of all N.E.M.O. assets put together gives them more more total power than the Reach, but the Reach still have a tech advantage over the majority of N.E.M.O.'s forces. This means that a direct attack would most likely incur significant losses... possibly even heavy enough to tip the scales and give the Reach the advantage... and the Reach would then be able to counterattack, and the GLC wouldn't have cause to see them as the aggressors.

11. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

It's always nice to see Paul casually showing off and causing jaws to drop.

I also hope that the idea of making a multi colored Lantern Corps is going to go somewhere. I can just imagine the benefits of specialized healers with blue light, warriors with orange and yellow, and maybe some sort of pact with violet and Indigo so that they would be included. This is of course assuming that Paul kills Sinestro so that Paul can take his ring and bring back for personal use or study.

Unrelated note, how long until the video game showing Paul genociding the Citadelians gets created and becomes a super popular game Mr Zoat?

Ardy and Darko like this.
  12. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

I feel very confident in saying that while most of them didn't get any they still wanted it.

WhiteNoise likes this.
  13. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Except they aren't operating in a vacuum.

Every minute they spend building up their forces and countermeasures, is a minute the Reach has to build up their own forces and countermeasures. Which is a lot more advantageous to the Reach, due to the Controller forces already playing their Orange Lantern trump card against them.

14. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

If the Reach initiates open warfare, the Green Lanterns come down on them for violating the armistice. Better for Dox to stall the Reach's advance and reinforce his forces to the point that either the Reach gets reckless or the advantage is so overwhelming that it's worth not having the GLC on side.

Dox is not simple.

WhiteNoise, Vorian, Ardy and 8 others like this.
  15. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

You know, there's a saying 'novices always learn faster'. It's the rule of diminishing returns.

Ardy and TheEyes like this.
  16. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

Agree and disagree here.

It's likely they may have a tonnage advantage against the Reach but there are several problems with that-

1) As said, only a fraction are on parity with Reach vessels technologically. This means the majority of the fleet will seeing highly unfavourable results against the Reach.

2) The Fleets are also heavily peacmeal and scattered and highly motivated to protect only their own holdings, making strategic movements that leave some places undefended to attack or defend more important locations utterly unfeasable. This stretches the fleets out to almost useless levels.

3) They are highly diverse in build principles, combat principles and overall structure that unified command and control, along with adhoc organisation would be an utter mess.

4) As above, imagine the supply lines issues that such a unified force would represent- utter and complete hell.

All together while it's an on paper advantage, it's a complete and utter organisational clusterfuck that would strain under its own enormity, while the Reach would not suffer any of these issues.

The same could be said for the Infantry or... well, any other portion.

Ardy, Ngamer11, Austin Pharos and 3 others like this.
  17. Massgamer

Massgamer Not too sore, are you?

I wonder how much OLC Corps, Darkstars, LEGION, NEMO, etc have to work to make it so Reach can't subjugate in subtle ways anymore and are so fed up they do decide to return to war. I can't imagine their conquests being slowed so much is making their empire happy.

Darko likes this.
  18. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    It won't show that, though the players will have the option to genocide them themselves or watch their allies do it if they back the appropriate factions.
    That would take a long time. The Reach take a very long view.

19. Xelloss

Xelloss Know what you're doing yet?

I'd say : real English should be the one spoken by William the Conqueror, just a little modernized.

20. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

If you want to go back to "real" English, before it mugged every other language for words to use and wrong spellings to adopt, then get in your time machine, for it be time to speke Anglish.

Bis bok it es translate, Into Inglis tong to rede, For þe love of Inglis lede, Inglis lede of Ingeland, For þe commun at understand. Frankis rimes here I redd Comunlik in ilk a sted; Mast es it wroght for Frankis man — Quat is for him na Frankis can? Of Ingeland þe nacioun, Es Inglis man þar in commun. Þe speche þat man with mast may spede, Mast þarwith to speke war nede. Selden was for ani chance Praised Inglis tong in France; Give we ilk an þar langage, Me think we do þam non outrage. To lauid Inglis man I spell.

21. Mr Zoat

[​IMG]

22. Awkward

Awkward Know what you're doing yet?

Your comment is not helpful and just perpetuates your childish (I'd call it a feud if it wouldn't make it sound reasonable) hissy fit. The one true way to get Vaerminna to stop, would be to ignore them. Stop attacking people. Vaerminnas comment has a "likely" stapled right at the front, clearly marking the comment as speculation. Please drop this hissy fit, thank you.

Cuchulin and Vaermina like this.
  23. Idkusername

Look, attaching likely to something doesn't make it immune to criticism. Secondly, you are assuming we - or at least, I - want him to stop. Thirdly, if the reason you want me to stop is because you are getting offended on Vearmina's behalf, it won't matter. Now, if we're actually bothering the rest of the thread, then yes, by all means, tell me. We'll stop.

Cuchulin, Ardy and RichardWhereat like this.
  24. Mr Zoat

I don't really mind impassioned debates, but if people could possibly leave out the content-free insults I suppose that would make things a little more pleasent.

25. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

They won’t stop, they don’t want V to stop, they give zero shits about how this looks to anyone not already part of the V hate brigade.

Edit: Hopefully Zoat saying something will get them to cool it? If that doesn’t work nothing will.

Vaermina likes this.
  26. Awkward

To my knowledge you're not bothering the majority of the thread, since most of them are the "lurker" types and only visit the thread for updates.

I never claimed the comment was immune to criticism, I did however point out that your grievance with their comment was misplaced, since the comment never directly stated concrete knowledge of the facts speculated upon.

I'm not offended on Vaermina's behalf, I'm simply tired of having to constantly wade through people fighting with them about this or that, or "Look over there! Something that looks vaguely like an attempt at criticism or commentary! Kill Them! *REEEE*" This behaviour is annoying , and if you and your cohorts in this hissy fit want to continue it, please do so in DM's, so it does not bother the percentage of us who actually like to read the thread for opinions and theories.

Thank you.

Vaermina and LurkingInTheDeceit like this.
  27. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

Might want to look-up Received Pronunciation, as that suggests that 'RP' comes from 15thC East Midlands of England... UK English tends to have tentacles going all over the place, and is rarely as simple as people think... (I liked the two uses, and origins, of 'tattoo', for example...)

Cuchulin likes this.
  28. Idkusername

You'll note that the only one to get such singular hate is Vaermina, and not undeservedly so. I'm not blind to the faults of this story, but if you're wrong, then I'll either enjoy helping you out, or take pleasure in being right, depending on who I'm talking to.

I'd say this pretty much counts as opinions and theories, and thus deserves to be here. And if Vaermina will post his ramblings on this forum, I will reply to him on the same forum. If it really is that much of a problem for you, Vaermina is the on to take it up with first.

And it wasn't my comment you were responding to earlier, it was RichardWhereat 's

29. Grek

Grek (she/her)

Agreed with Awkward here: The only reason why people who don't like Vaermina's post can't just put him on ignore and be done with it is because of the people keep quoting him in order to make a response. Please, take it to PMs!

30. Awkward

Ah, apologies, my reply was written in haste and I neglected to check the recipient beforehand.