1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

2. frommerman

frommerman Getting out there.

The whole haha commie no food meme is a little overdone. We have CIA reports from the 60s showing that the average Soviet citizen had access to just as much food as Americans. There definitely was mass starvation under both Stalin and Mao, but once the insane leaders were out of the way that stopped.

Cuchulin likes this.
  3. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Nobody was arguing they didn't have food, absolute. The joke-based-in-reality was that it was all equally bland.

BBJimmy and Cuchulin like this.
  4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'may be a resident'

'to humans' maybe.

Is something about Nax making him think this?

I know that she joined the Sinestro Corps in the comics, so she may have some unsavory history.

The only good Dominator I can think of from the comics would have to be Depalo, from Red Hood and the Outlaws.

He worked for Kori.

There is this fic on SB called 'I want to play a game' where the SI helps creates something like that.

5. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

There are many recipes for Borscht. The one we make at home tends to be really good. For one, it’s hot. For two, it has no celery, bell peppers, since those don’t complement beets. Family recipe passed down apparently from my great grandmother - so preety communist. The kind I’ve seen elsewhere - especially if it’s cold - is preety bad. For some reason, that kind seems to be the most popular.

Now what people really hate - including plenty of Russian people - especially if they’re not used to it is Okroshka - it’s basically ham, potato, radishes, eggs, and onions mixed together Into what makes a good simple salad - but then they add Kvas - which is basically molasses flavored soda - think bubbly non-alcoholic beer. Sometimes it’s lightly alcoholic. I hated it as a kid. I like it as an adult. At the very least, it’s not flat, so it doesn’t take like most nonalcoholic beer. Ironically, it’s name also sounds like the phrase “Oh baby” in Russian.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Cuchulin likes this.
  6. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

That fic is exactly why I suggested it. Hypothetically speaking, if it does get created, how would it work in this story Mr Zoat?

Darko likes this.
  7. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

Sounds good, as long as all the ingredients are cooked - just leave out the radishes, and grab your serving before any Kvas gets added. :)

Obviously, our OL SI will include runes in the game so that if you pirate a copy "Go Straight To Hell" may be a bit more literal than you'd like. :)

8. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, 'resident in' is a viable way of wording it.
    Thank you, corrected.
    All of the abductions and vivisections, probably.
    'Good' is more desirable than required.
    In this setting there's no special advantage to using blue for healing. And professional medics are in no way guaranteed to be good with the blue light.

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat have Angel Paul and Tangseid created their own Orange Lantern Corps?

Angel Paul has a fully charged ring and a Motherbox so going into space should be easy for him and Tangseid somehow got his hands on the CPB.

We know that paragon, renegade, mandate, common sense have all made their own.

10. Mr Zoat

I don't think that the Angel version would, on the grounds that he couldn't locate any Controllers.

Tangseid didn't, because he didn't want to lose control by putting other people in power over him or expanding too quickly.

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If there are no Controllers in his universe and he was just sent to that universe because there was something wrong during the trip from Earth Prime, like with what happened to some of the others like the 40k one, Fantasy one etc. I can see that happening.

Good news that the bastard doesn't have more power.

12. Mr Zoat

That bastard doesn't have more power yet.

13. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

Will the game have the option of going full evil and funding that Citadelian Lantern Corps?

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Really, really hope one of his alternates, like paragon or renegade, manage to stop him.

Renegade already has some experience in killing alternate versions of 'himself', Grayven 50, and maybe paragon will get some experience in that front sometime in the future.

15. Mr Zoat

The Citadellians can be prevailed upon to make yellow rings. They struggle with other colours.
    Unless they walk in on him mentally dominating someone, they're more likely to ask for advice.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Paragon can view the minds of the people around him, including Tangseids own.

The renegades powers are also increasing, so it may be possible for him to see the souls of people in great detail sometime in the future.

DrThoth likes this.
  17. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Unless they are newly off their residency I would actually suspect professional medics would be really bad with the light of Hope.

Compassion though they probably have in spades.

WhiteNoise, Vorian and Darko like this.
  18. zerofarad

zerofarad Know what you're doing yet?

local? locals'? not sure exactly what you're going for here

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Think he meant it as the local peoples.

20. Idkusername

For once I find myself in agreement with you.

Or maybe they can hope to now be free of their work? Also to never have a patient die on them again. That's a nice bonus too.

On second thought, no, actually. Medics would probably be great with Hope.

Oh, and for once, I'm not being sarcastic.

21. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Non-Sense! Every one knows that Cockney is the only REAL English!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Siskulous and TheEyes like this.
  22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If they've seen lots of people die then they may not be all that hopeful, at least at first.

Later on that may change.

Like Vaermina said, those starting out in their profession may find it easier to muster up their hope, unlike their more older colleagues, who may have seen enough that their hope doesn't exactly muster up all that easily, because of all the death and loss they've seen.

Vaermina and Cuchulin like this.
  23. Mr Zoat

Anyone else think that the design of Kalibak in Young Justice is a bit boring?

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He certainly looks a bit more human compared to his other portrayals.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  25. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

The only real difference from the comics is that he has short brown hair instead of long black hair.

26. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

I did enjoy the JLU version of Kailbak getting voiced by Michael Dorn. Grab the voice actor for Mongul and actress for Queen Bee in YJ and a few more well knowns and we could have a Gargoyles reunion.....or Star Trek: TNG.

[​IMG]

27. monochromaticPrism

monochromaticPrism Getting out there.

I agree, paramedics and first responders in particular would probably have a very large amount of hope synergy due to the fundamental action they perform each day being to try and save a life, which has a large number of hope aspects (the hope to be able to prevent death, the hope to prevent tragedy, the hope to be fast enough to matter, etc).

Xmaster3000, Ngamer11 and Gilhelmi like this.
  28. Gilhelmi

Gilhelmi Know what you're doing yet?

This is nice and relaxing. I do have so many questions about some of the plot threads that don't come up often.

Like Thana (Amazon woman, Priestess of Hades), I would love to know how her Missionary trip is going. Has she been able to build Shrines and Alters to the gods yet? Hopefully she has not run into much trouble.

Then there is Hephaestus and Vulcan. Do they have new worshipers? Are people taking up Blacksmithing as a long-term career?

Eris, I do enjoy her. Are we going to get to meet some of her new followers that were mentioned just before Paul was attacked by heaven?

How is Melinoe and Dr. Quinzel getting along? Is their research coming along nicely?

Are the Amazons establishing better trade with the world?

How is Hera doing these days? Last we heard she was writing a popular relationship-advice column in Australia. That was a long time ago though, over a year in Universe.

And finally, When is that bastard Zeus going to get dethroned? I still hate him. I mean really, Paul was already being chased by Angels, why did he have to throw lightning as well? Because he is a dick, that's why. (OK, so all the gods and goddesses are dicks sometimes, but he takes it to the extreme.)

Edit: How is Lord Hades handling the extra work load that Paul is bringing to him? I would love to see a segment dedicated to Lord Hades as well.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Cuchulin likes this.
  29. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Unless they are emotionally exhausted about the whole thing.

Darko, Vorian, Cuchulin and 1 other person like this.
  30. Idkusername

Yes, that was pretty much the point of my post. They don't have to go through the whole routine again. The hope of no longer having any patients dying on their hands, the hope of being relieved from stressful operations and procedures and the like, on top of the normal Hope drives.

Cuchulin likes this.