1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yoh Asakura Quest (Shaman King)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by burningclaw2, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Then I'll do the next skill training roll ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

We should pump out some omakes too, I am going to try for at least one. Also, what skill do you think we should focus on? I would like to do two skill training actions this turn, so we can increase our chance, but we need to do Furyoku training and getting close our spirit. Unless we want to put off spirit relations until next turn?

3. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

That means our General Shamanism will be up to 85. I'm already going to say I'll be voting for that as one of our actions next time. For the other training action maybe art would be good? That or possibly Kannushi Shamanism to try something new, or more Asceticism to try for more endurance. Hopefully without falling off a mountain this time.

4. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

I think we should go for Onmyoudou or Ascetism, or General Shamanism to max it if burningclaw2 is okay giving us prodigy even if we level up only 15 levels (always with a roll 80+ obviously). Otherwise, to try something new we should try Itoko since it could be useful. One skill I would like to do is Art, to do better OS in the future.
    Furyoku + Getting to know our spirit are the must ones I think. Maybe I'll do an omake too when we'll choose. I'll let you remember Dark Ness that we have four actions now, so we can do two skills + furyoku and spirit.

5. Irked

Irked Experienced.

now that we know that Art is required to make Better OS it's almost mandatory really

6. Dark Ness

Forgot about that. Also, isn't making out General by seven or eight enough to be a prodigy anyways?
    Yeah, but we can put it off since we can't make an OS yet.

7. Irked

Irked Experienced.

If Art is related to Imagination, and that affects how we make our OS then it almost certainly follows that with enough of that we can work out how to make a small one with our limited reserves if we get it high enough.

8. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

^ It could work
    Anyway for Prodigy we must do a 80+ roll on an actual skill, and I suppose gaining 20 levels in that skill: burningclaw2 we only need to roll 80+ or we need to gain 20 levels anyway? So we can choose if it's better train General Shamanism or Another Skill to gain Prodigy.

9. Dark Ness

burningclaw2 is this omake good now? Also, can we reduce Furyoku cost by training Art?

10. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Furyoku cost is mainly for how strong an Oversoul is, you'd generally want the minimum cost for your Spirits Reiryoku cause that's ensure its strength but you can use it with less Furyoku, the OS is just inheritably less stable.

Also Minion #Q pick one, +5 to next Misukune Roll, +5 to next Art Roll, or +1 Intelligence.

And can I get a link to the Original post.

The total dice roll for it would have to be at least 80. Criticals reduce the cost for each one rolled.

11. Dark Ness

? The quote is a link to the original post.

Also, does the bold mean that it would be easier to get the trait if we trained general?

12. burningclaw2

No it meant that say If you rolled a Two Criticals and the minimum 80 this time, you'd have gotten Prodigy trait this year.

And the quote doesn't link me to the post -.-

Nvm

13. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

14. Dark Ness

Does our new high general level reduce our furyoku cost?

15. burningclaw2

You guys could always make a low cost OS, it'd just be unstable. I've been telling this to you guys the entire freaking time.

16. Dark Ness

So we could make one now? Also, I meant does it reduce the cost to make stable?

17. burningclaw2

An oversoul with less Furyoku than a Spirits Reiryoku will always be Unstable, at least compared to a Full-Powered OS. Take Babdh(sp?) that Horohoro used once. If Horohoro couldn't use her full power he wouldn't have been able to freeze so much water or even create strong enough ice.

Dark Ness likes this.
  18. Dark Ness

Since we got some many levels for General, and the later descriptions said that we couldn't really advance in anything without besides spirit unity without an OS, does that mean that we are making one this update?

19. burningclaw2

From that character sheet.

Since you guys have a Spirit now you can make a Basic OS, during the voting period.

20. Dark Ness

Will it take up an action to do so?

21. burningclaw2

Not really, like I said it'll be a part of the voting, just it'll be separate from the action votes.

Dark Ness likes this.
  22. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

So really late to the party but it looks like things went well. Anyrolls left?

23. Dark Ness

Nope, we are just waiting for the update.

24. burningclaw2

Almost complete with the update, just have Misukune and birthday left.

Ruisu and Dark Ness like this.
  25. Threadmarks: Mad Skillz
    burningclaw2

You once more started working to increase your Furyoku for another six months.

[1d100+4: 94. 6*94*(22)(2)]

[+24816 Furyoku]

You were starting to become a true Furyoku monster. While your Furyoku could not match Misukune’s Reiryoku, you were getting closer to that by the day.

[1d100: 92. +1 Wisdom. +1 Endurance.]

Xx.xX

You decided to try and continue your training in General Shamanism, especially since you now have your own Guardian Spirit in the form of Misukune.

[1d100+5: 103, Critical!. 101, Double Critical!. 16.]

[+55 Ranks in General Shamanism]

Your progress in General Shamanism was simply astounding you Grandfather was really close to proclaiming you a prodigy but managed to hold himself back.

[General Shamanism Rank 35: Your skill with Spirits has once more grown. With a Guardian Spirit by your side you were able to make an actual Oversoul. Not only that but your ability to pick up physical skills has once again increased. Increased Chances of learning Physical Skills while using Spirit Unity]

[General Shamanism Rank 40: Your ability to sync with ghosts increases further allowing you to achieve 100% Unity with greater ease. You also once more have an easier time learning skills from Spirit Unity. Increased chances at achieving 100% Unity. Increased Chances of learning Physical Skills while using Spirit Unity]

[General Shamanism Rank 45: You once more gain greater skill in syncing with ghosts during Spirit Unity. With this greater skill also comes a greater chance to learn physical skills from Spirit Unity. 100% Chance of Achieving 100% Unity. Increased Chances of learning Physical Skills from Spirit Unity.]

[General Shamanism Rank 50: Oversouls are fickle things. They require a medium compatible with the Spirit you are using. However you had an epiphany from your training in using Spirit Unity. You can use your own body as a medium for an Oversoul, the Spirit just has to be Compatible with a Japanese Youth. Along with this epiphany comes the knowledge of Shamanic Healing through using a body as a Medium. Can now create a Unity-Type Oversoul. Can now use Shamanic Healing.]

[Trait Obtained! Unity of Knowledge: Spirit Unity now has a chance to pass technical knowledge onto you.]

[General Shamanism Rank 55: Despite achieving the ability to enter 100% Unity on a whim you continue to train in Spirit Unity, increasing your ability to learn the skills of used ghosts. Increased Chances of learning Skills from Spirit Unity]

[General Shamanism Rank 60: To better take advantage of a Unity-Type Oversoul, you continue to work on Spirit Unity, not only increasing your ability to learn skills from ghosts, but also obtain the ability to supplement your body's natural abilities with those of the ghst used. Increased Chances of learning Skills from Spirit Unity. Gains physical modifiers when using Unity-Type Oversouls.]

[General Shamanism Rank 65: You continue to work on how well skills transfer to you when you utilize Spirit Unity. Increased Chances of learning Skills from Spirit Unity.]

[General Shamanism Rank 70: While you knew how to heal using Shamanism, it was through pure brute force making it costly. You took time to look into how your Furyoku worked to heal even looking up medical books to understand what is going on. As you worked on Shamanic Healing you found out that it was possible to bring back the recently deceased. Cost of Shamanic Healing reduced. Resurrection learned.]

[General Shamanism Rank 75: Your ability to learn skills further increases, yet it is not the only thing that grows along with your skill in general techniques, your ability to supplement your body also increased. Increased Chances of learning Skills from Spirit Unity. Increased bonus from Unity-Type Oversouls.]

[General Shamanism Rank 80: While you were training your ability to perform an Oversoul you had a thought. ‘Why not use two or more spirits in conjunction or a spirit with multiple mediums?’ From this you gained the ability to form multiple oversouls at once. Can use two or more spirits for an Oversoul or use a Spirit with two or more mediums.]

[General Shamanism Rank 85: You continue to refine your ability to learn through Spirit Unity. Increased Chances of learning skills through Spirit Unity.]

[ ] Oversoul Creation. Medium: Yata no Kagami.
    -[ ] Write-in. Keep it basic.

Xx.xX

[Misukune Event: 1d100 =41. Required 50. No Event]

You decided to get to know your Guardian Spirit, Misukune. You found out from your grandfather that she was a Kami-class Spirit, she was amongst the most powerful of Spirits.

As you speak with her, you learn she was quite knowledgeable in various area’s. Prominently in Noble Etiquitte, Art, Music, and Cooking. She also mumbled something else before shaking her head and talking about T-Ratings.

[1d100: 27]

[+5 Social: Noble.]

Xx.xX

Another year has passed and now your eight years old.

1d6=6. +6 Strength
    1d6=5. +5 Dexterity
    1d6=1. +1 Endurance
    1d6=5. +5 Intelligence
    1d6=1. +1 Wisdom

You are definitely stronger and smarter than last year, for instance you didn’t fall off a mountain this year...yes you are still holding a grudge for your dad’s stupidity.

[Yohmei’s Present: 1d100=13]

Unfortunately your grandfather lost your original present, and thus instead got you some cookies.

At least they were good cookies.

[Kino’s Present: 1d100=68]

Your Grandmother on the other hand sends you a some more spirit beads she made from some Oni’s that wouldn’t stop bothering her apprentice.

[Keiko’s Present: 1d100=28]

Again your mother was busy, though this time she was making sure your dad didn’t do something stupid with his newest apprentice, a girl named Tamao, like he did with you. She did manage to send you some cool souvenirs though.

[Mikihisa’s Present: 1d100=31]

Your dad managed to get you Soul Bob’s newest Album. You still were mad about the damned mountain incident.

As you went to bed you wrote a letter telling Hao your progress in the general techniques.

Xx.xX

[Hao’s Present: 1d100=46]

When you woke up the next day you saw a letter in place of your own. Your brother was apparently proud of how far you’ve advance in such a short amount of time.

Choose Four actions, training can be selecting multiple times:

[ ] Train in General Shamanism.
    [ ] Train in Onmyoudou.
    [ ] Train in Itoko Shamanism.
    [ ] Train in Kannushi Shamanism.
    [ ] Train in Asceticism
    [ ] Train in Dowsing.
    [ ] Train in Tarot Reading.
    [ ] Train Furyoku Levels.
    [ ] Train Art.
    [ ] Train in Pressure Points.
    [ ] Get to know Misukune. +50% of Event.
    [ ] Explore the Asakura Mansion. Success Chance: 20%.

26. ryuan

ryuan The guy who can't write smut for shit

So, when Yoh will get some basic skills like reading/writing (probably have), math and stuff.

EDIT: You broke the bold formatting.

27. burningclaw2

Fixed that already. Yoh already knows how to read/write else those books would've been useless. Writing is for writing stories/fanfics/etc.

28. Biofan09

Biofan09 The Archivist at The End

[X] Oversoul Creation. Medium: Yatano Kagami.
    -[X] Using the the mirror as a base, you create a sharpened edge around it uses the soul of your partner. Similar to a chakram, it won't cut you, but it will cut anything else. A very simple, yet effective weapon.

[X] Train in General Shamanism.
    [X] Train in Onmyoudou.
    [X] Train Furyoku Levels.
    [X] Get to know Misukune. +50% of Event.

I wanna start learning how to use a sword. Cuz Amidamaru is a bro.
    And remember, Valeshin is going to be the first guy to roll so we get the Prodigy.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  29. Dark Ness

[X] Oversoul Creation. Medium: Yatano Kagami.
    -[x] Using the the mirror as a base, you create a sharpened edge around it uses the soul of your partner. Similar to a chakram, it won't cut you, but it will cut anything else. A very simple, yet effective weapon.

[X] Train in Onmyoudou.
    [X] Train Furyoku Levels.
    [X] Train Art
    [X] Get to know Misukune. +50% of Event.

Art to increase our ability to create advanced OS and Onmyoudou to improve Divanation and the leaf stuff (hopefully we will move beyond leaves)

burningclaw2 so how big is our bonus to learning skills from Spirit Unity?

30. burningclaw2

look at the character sheet -.-