1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

You Won A Town. They LIVE!

Discussion in 'PbP IC' started by Latewave, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Re: You Won A Town. After ten thousand years I'm free.

The silence of the dark room breaks with a loud thud, followed by the sight of Damian picking himself off the floor, rubbing the growing bump on his head. Not a thing can be remembered from last night after seeing the card game, and he's not even sure how he got to his bed. A quick shower and prep for the day later, he passes through the rest of the apartment, staring curiously at the sprawled forms of the various minions, wondering when one of Adelines arrived and how it ended up hanging from the ceiling.

Shaken from the thoughts running through his mind by the growl of a hungry stomach, Damian quickly makes his way to the kitchen, hopeful that he'll find something to take the edge off the gradually growing headache along the way.

2. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

Those that are downstairs are greeted by an amazing sight. A full fledged breakfast with all of the important things. Elian, Rebecca, Tex and the few people you've gathered are already there.

Those that are still in their rooms spot a note that says that a full fledged breakfast is available.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. Moronis

Moronis Know what you're doing yet?

Adam pulls up a chair, nodding at everyone. "G'morning. So what brings all y'all fine folks here this day?" He says, waiting for the go-ahead before he gets any food.

4. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Quickly grabbing a waffle and a random piece of fruit, Damian devours them like a starving beast, repeating several times before Adams comment pierces the headache induced haze. Slowing to a more human pace, he grabs what appears to be some kind of melon, cutting it into pieces. "Well, figured I'd come get some food before I try to figure out what I did last night. Absolutely starving for some reason. You?"

5. Latewave

While this is all important and whatnot, let's have a brief interlude somewhere else. Other things are happening in the world after all. We'd not want to miss them now would we?

Blood is dripping down his hands. He can't stop it. Why can't he stop the bleeding. Why can't he stop her from dying. Why can't he save her? WHY?

"Pitiful. And we once considered calling you comrade. And you're weeping over a worthless human. You disgust me. I~"

"Shut up"

"What was that."

"Shut up"

"You'll have to speak louder. I can't hear you over the last dying breathes of the human over there."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU BASTARD"

A massive pyre of fire envelops the being, rising into the sky as a massive tower.

"YOU WANTED THIS. YOU WANTED A MONSTER. LET ME SHOW YOU WHAT I'M TRULY CAPABLE OF."

"Testy testy, does baby want his bottle?"

"Don't fall into his trap. He's just goading you."

"Anna don't speak. Please just live a little longer. Let me just wipe this cockroach off the face of the realms."

Wow that's dark. I mean we could see how this ends but,

Let's go somewhere else instead.

Tick Tock. That's all you can hear. No heartbeat anymore. It just ticks and tocks. It's your most hated noise. You aren't a human anymore. You no longer have any humanity left. Some would call your personality human. But they'd be wrong. It's just an attachment he left to make it seem that way. When the sun goes down, you lose it and become the cold unfeeling thing. You become Metal. One of his eight perfected creatures.

Why is it that he left your memories and such where can reach. Why does he make it hurt so much. To know that you're an abomination and can't do a thing about it.

You hate him. With all of your metal soul.

Man we cannot get away from all of this downer stuff.

Let's try one more time.

"Do do do"

A tiny green haired child godling. Walks around a forest barefooted.

"Am not a child. Virdi is a godling. Get it right Mister Narrator voice. Let me fix that for you."

The tiny godling strikes through the word child and fixes it.

"See Virdi fixed it for you mister narrator voice person."

You know what. Let's stop trying.

Back to your normal You Won A Town stuff.

6. Sargon of Akkad

Sargon of Akkad Getting sticky.

Brad stumbles out of bed and immediately hobbles over to the bathroom. He then proceeds to almost demolish the toilet bowl with the force of his urination. He did drink an assload of magical soda yesterday.
    After relieving his bladder, he then shuffles over to see the note about breakfast and groans. Food is good. Food good. Stairs suck massive dick. Not to mention that all that healing shit made him feel like crap. Ugh. He's gonna have to go down for food.
    So he makes his way down the stairs. Carefully. He lunges for a chair, nearly misses, and proceeds to stuff his face.

7. MasterBlade

MasterBlade Getting sticky.

A golden lobster.

Of all the things this falling-apart facade of a town could scrounge up for a breakfast, they find a dog-sized golden lobster.

With the bistro dream still in mind, Adeline tears it to pieces.

"So, you know what we need? To balance out the farm? *nom* A butcher."

8. Moronis

Adam takes the others enthusiasm for the food as an indicator that he can eat. He breaks up some biscuits, ladles some gravy on them, and makes sure to grab some scrambled eggs and bacon. There's a strange drink in front of him but he shrugs, figuring it's worth trying. "I'm here cause I woke up and felt my stomach a'rumblin like." Adam admits, smiling a bit.

At Adeline's mention of needing a butcher, Adam chews thoughtfully for a moment. "Y'know, I'm reckoning we could use an architect or some construction workers. My little guys can do plenty 'a work and they're equally eager fer it but if'n we're to get this town ship shape anytime soon we'll need more experienced hands 'n theirs to do it." He says after swallowing his food. He then takes a sip of the drink, pausing and looking at it in wonder. It's completely clear, and is far more refreshing than anything he's ever had before. Adam shakes his head, wondering who he has to thank for all this.

9. MasterBlade

"But a butcher... we've had nothing but plants on the table since we got the farmer comission. AND THIS DOESN'T COUNT, because its not /from/ the village. Just bring in a dedicated Meat Man to give us a fresh supply, bacon for breakfast every morning. It's the little things that make a home."

10. Moronis

Adam keeps chewing thoughtfully, swallowing before he speaks. "True. Though for a steady supply we'd really need to look inta settin' up a ranchin' and farmin' situation. E'en that'd need several buildings and facilities beyond my grasp 'a construction work, an' I doubt Aider and the others could successfully build all that we'd need." He points out, spearing another bite of bacon and eggs on his fork. He's eating slow, so as to enjoy the meal. "We need folks that can build and plan buildings if'n we're to get better facilities up and runnin'." Adam finishes, putting the fork in his mouth and continuing his meal.

11. SupahKiven

SupahKiven Getting sticky.

Hensworth slaps a steak, hashbrowns, and a hard boiled egg onto his plate, along with an apple and a glass of milk. Pulling out a chair and sitting down, he eats slowly, so that the conversation makes sense. After eating about half of his steak, Hensworth speaks up. "I agree that we need some more folks 'round here to help up out with makin' the place self-sufficient, but uh... do we just post job applications or what? I have a feeling getting towns people won't be as easy as getting an ad in a newspaper or on the telly or something."

12. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Idlely munching away at his second of the strangely colored hand sized melon, Damian tries to puzzle out where the taste of soda is coming from as the other residents trickle in to join the table one by one. Zoning in and out as Adeline rambles about meat, Adam talks about construction and cattle, and Hensworth comments on job hunting for some reason, he can almost feel his brain kicking on, synapses and nerves switching on as he polishes off a third melon. It's as he downs a glass of milk that he remembers something one of the others mentioned.

"Didn't one of you mention something about a town in that forest area? Think we could find what or who we need there?"

13. Moronis

Adam shrugs, glancing again at his drink with a raised eyebrow. Strange. It feels better than basically anything else Adam's drunk. He looks up when he hears Damian and Hensworth talking.

"Well, I'm reckoning that'd actually be an interesting project my minions could work on. A sort of City Posting sign thing." He finishes his pile of eggs before carrying on. "Y'know, a giant bulletin board so's people can put up things they need help with or rumors and what not. It'd be a damn sight better than having to run around asking all the time at least."

Another sip of drink. Another pause as Adam looks at it curiously. "As for the Forest Town, I don't reckon anyone's been near it yet. So it's possible we could find folks and things we've been needing that we weren't fully awares of." He says calmly before eating the last of the food in front of him. He then looks around the table. "It just me, or are the drinks rather refreshin'?"

14. Latewave

Speaking up for the first time in a while Elian interrupts the converstaion.

"I've got news of various events that have been going on. Things I've heard via magic and some I've heard from these guys."

He waves at our favorite wolf knight and our favorite Hammer wielding giant dwarf.

"Also you have the new arrivals to thank for the meal. They went hunting and got quite a few high class ingredients. You should be already feeling the effects. I can tell that Brad feels a lot better after eating that White Apple Strudel."

Brad does look a lot better now. He's no longer tensing up when he moves his legs or anything such as that.

"I could explain how it works if you want to ask, but I'll do so after this."

He looks down at some notes.

"Forest realm, Wierd Metal guy appears at night. Part of the Forest has frozen over. Some Phantom Creature has been rampaging."

He switches to the next note card.

"The Water Realm, There is an interesting cave that apparently has an ability cube or two inside it. A creature that I can only call a Leviat has been spotted in the ocean near the portal."

"On another note. There is a nekomata running around burning stuff in town."

The tiny smith pipes up with a quick comment.

"I figured out a mage armor thingy. I need parts thou."

Uthane voices another comment.

"I think I found a path to one of the places the forge needs to get running."

Merrick finds time to say something.

"I feel like going hunting. If your heading off to the Water Realm I'll go with you."

Xander nods.

"I'll head off with you guys if you head off to the Forest realm. Want to talk to the locals in the forest."

15. Moronis

Re: You Won A Town. Here we go. One last time around.

"Well now." Adam sits and thinks for a bit. "That's a right big list o' concerns we got to be dealin' with. Hensworth? You up fer headin' inta the Forest Realm ta see if we can't get to the bottom of this?" Adam nods at the man. "I'm reckonin' that between the two of us we should at least be able to find out what's goin' on."

16. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Contemplating the options that have been laid out, Damian comes to a quick decision. "I think I'll go check out that path for the forge, got a few ideas I need that running to pull off. That and I doubt my current skill set would be much help in a forest. Might be a good idea to take Adeline with you though."

17. MasterBlade

"Forest seems good for me. Nothing like a good stroll through the trees, thawing out a glacier or two in the way."

"And burning up an infested temple out of spite."

Adeline finished munching on the lobster. It was clearly too big a fish for anyone to handle. A quick trip to sharpen her... pan... and she'd be all ready to head out again. And if she's lucky, she won't have too many more crowding her already larger-than-she-hoped party of one she intended for her forest trip. Although having the soldier along wouldn't be too bad. Assuming he lacks the wartime bias of working with a German, things should run rather smoothly.

Surely he's had a good hundred years to get over the war thing, right?

There was also the issue about the neko... thing. While her folklore knowledge was a little lacking, Adeline DID know a bit about cats. She would break off some of the golden lobster to use as bait; a trap was in the making!

18. SupahKiven

Hensworth scratches his chin, popping the last portion of steak into his mouth, and nods. "Sure thin'. Forest sounds good to me. I'd be glad to accompany ya." He pushes back his chair and cracks his knuckles. "Lemme just get my anchor from my room and we can be on our merry way. Oh, Damien," Hensworth glances over, "If ya'd be willin', I'd like to send one of my minions with you. There not to uh... happy with each other yet, and I figure absence makes the heart grow fonder... or something."

19. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

"Fine with me, mine seem to be fairly laid back so it shouldn't be a problem. Just have him go to my room. Need to wake them all up anyway, so I'll meet him there." Snagging a somehow untouched lobster claw on his way out, Damian happily devours the seafood as he makes his way up to get the minions up, running, and if need be, sober.

Opening the door he notes that while most of the minions are still in the exact same place he left them, Adeline's minion has fallen to the floor, and both Tesla and Vari are moving around the apartment, though Vari is stumbling fairly often. Tossing the remains of his snatched seafood into the trash, he gets to work waking up the slothful minion, giving them a good shock now and then to help wake them up.

20. SupahKiven

Hensworth grins. "Oi, thanks." He pushes in his chair. "Adam, my boy, I'll meet you out front." Heading up to his room, he grabs his anchor from under his bed and turns, to find Beta alone in the apartment. "Ah, Beta, my girl, perfect. I need you to go with Damien and hang out with him, and stuff okay?" After a moment of silence he grins and pats her on the head. "Great! Just head over to his apartment." And with that, Hensworth left the apartment and stood out in front of the building to wait.

Beta stares at the door as her 'leader' leaves. Seriously? Hang out with some other human's minions? Jeez, she could barely handle the freak shows here. She groans and is about to get up when she hears the door cracking open. Alpha trudges his way into the apartment, ice claws scraping the ground gloomily, and looks at her. "Where... did he go?"

Beta grins inwardly. "He said he had an... important mission for me." Alpha seems to perk up at this. Excellent. "...What is..." After a few moments of Alpha trying to find the right pronoun, Beta speaks up again. "He wanted me to go work with Damien and make friends with those lo- er... minions of his. But I'm taking my time." Alpha took a step towards the door, and that was hook, line, and sinker. "I'm going out." Beta dismissed him with the wave of a hand. "Good luck." Now she had time to do whatever she pleased, maybe get up and go for a stroll around the town.

Alpha is happy as he leaves the apartment. He was totally going to get the jump on her now. Hensworth will totally see how reliable he is. He makes his way to Damian's apartment and tries to knock on the door, but just ends up scratching at it and leaving a few shallow marks.

21. Moronis

"Sounds good Hensworth. I'll be grabbin' my shovel then." Adam calmly shoves his chair back and gets up. "Again, thank ye all kindly for the meal. One of the best I've had in a long while. Now if'n you'll please be so kind as to excuse me, I gotta get up and doin' work."

Adam walks up stairs and grabs his shovel. He stops and writes a reminder on a piece of paper to drop by the cemetery later to help fix things up. That done, Adam heads back down and joins Hensworth. "Ready t' get goin' when you are Hensworth."

22. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Well. Seems shocking them to wake them up was like drinking several pots of coffee all at once. While Vari seems to be more or less back to normal, if a little jittery, the others, save for Tesla, are running around the room miraculously avoiding all of the furniture and bodies in it, cackling like gremlins. Hearing a scratching at the door, Damian gladly takes the chance to get away from the sudden game of leapfrog they've started, opening it to find a smallish blue golem seemingly made of solidish water on the other side, icy claws dragging along the floor. Leaving the door open for it to enter, Damian returns to the job of settling the three minions on a energy rush.

23. SupahKiven

Hensworth flips a quarter a few times, turning and smiling when Adam comes out. "There ya are! Let's get moving. To the forest!"

Alpha trudges into the apartment, only to stop in shock as he observes three off this Damien's minions literally bouncing off the walls. He thinks he remembers Damien from somewhere, something about a forest. Not the one through the portal thing, but the one outside the city. He plops himself down next to a lamp to think about forests and this Damien guy.

24. Latewave

Our favorite fiery mayor, oh wait this is Adeline she's no one's favorite. Goes out into the town to catch a fiery doom cat. Mostly because she likes cats. She heads off towards the smoke in the distance because of the note stating it's setting things on fire.

And there she spots a Kitten with two tails gleefully setting fire to random trash. It's got a bell collar with a message tied to it. Huh. Gonna have to catch it to find out what it says.

Damien, with Uthane and Merrick head off towards the Water Realm. Mostly because they have stuff to do there. They throught the portal quickly and now are on the beach.

"So where to now. There is a bunch of stuff to do. That cave is actually pretty close if you want to get that done quickly it's also on the way to the Water part of the Forge."

Adam and Hensworth are in the forest realm now. So what do they want to do?

25. MasterBlade

[img width=93 height=600]http://i.imgur.com/Zw6UgQ2.png[/img]

26. Moronis

"Well now Hensworth, I'mma reckonin' we try to find that frozen part of the forest to see if'n we can't find out what's goin' on in that area." Adam swings the shovel idly, thoughtful look on his face. "That reminds me. Do we know which part of the forest done froze?"

27. SupahKiven

Hensworth looks around the forest. "Yeah, sounds like a plan." Hefting the anchor over his shoulder, he looks around. "Uh... no. I don't believe we do. I guess we better start lookin'. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll find that Ghost Monster thing. This way!" With gusto, Hensworth begins marching forward.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  28. Moronis

Shrugging, Adam follows Hensworth's lead.

29. Latewave

The Fiery Kitten of Doom. Reacts to this by rolling over.

Uh.

Well.

Go scritch it?

30. MasterBlade

Adeline walks over and picks up the nekomata.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHyav1CuzjY[/embed]

Well, this thing clearly isn't the vicious predator that old portal guy made it out to be. AND LOOK AT IT ITS SO CUTE AND WARM! Clearly whatever ingrate decided to leave such a defenseless creature in a run-down shack like this did not deserve its love. Adeline would just have to adopt it as a pet. To make sure it didn't cause fires, and stuff. Also she's mayor so the others can't say no!

Adeline gave the kitten a hug. Its name is Duchess now. She is the town's official animal, so says the mayor. No objections allowed.

Oh look a tiny note. Miss Mayor takes it off the collar which she clearly didn't check for name and gender, then reads it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.