1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

You Won A Town. They LIVE!

Discussion in 'PbP IC' started by Latewave, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

Re: You Won A Town. A Slime. Nothing special right?

Rebecca shrugs.

"If he doesn't sell them he'll have them in the next day. It's just how he rolls. Knowing him he does however. He's rather snarky about knowing what you'll want before hand."

She looks towards Adam

"On what you'll be seeing."

She's interrupted.

"Sister dear. Please let me speak about my portals. It's only fair. But first allow me to introduce myself I'm a man of sophistication."

"He's the guy we forced to drive the bus."

"I wish you'd stop interrupting me. Anyways my name is Tex Colum"

"And you come up with the worse names little brother."

"I'm only younger by seconds."

"Doesn't matter."

"Fine. If I could remain uninterrupted. I'll explain. Through my portals is a Realm. A realm is a rather unique place. Each of them are quite different from each other. I'll start with the Three I'm currently allowing to be run. Cerulis, The Realm of Water, is the Gem of the Realms. It's a place of beautiful seas and islands. Arborian, The Realm of Life, is a exotic place where forests grow rampant. The last one, Ferros, well it's the realm of infernos. It's not a very pleasant place but it has it's uses."

"The Dangers? The slimes you see here? These are the tip of the iceberg. What comes along here isn't anywhere near as nice."

"Why do you want to go through here? Simple you need items from there and well to rescue to the people that ran there over a hundred years ago. Well hopefully. There are some issues and I'll let my brother explain about it."

"And Because Magic. That's how they work."

Rebecca snorts but doesn't say anything.

2. MasterBlade

MasterBlade Getting sticky.

Adeline kicks a small stone through one of the arches. She walks to the other side and observes that it isn't there.

"Quaint.Are there any other surprises and secrets you would want to share, or can I leave you to your stones?"

3. Moronis

Moronis Know what you're doing yet?

Adam stands there quietly, contemplating. Finally, he seems to reach a decision and nods, seeming to accept the explanation as the best the group is going to get in the immediate future.

4. Sargon of Akkad

Sargon of Akkad Getting sticky.

Intrigued, Brad walks through the so called forest portal.

5. SupahKiven

SupahKiven Getting sticky.

Hensworth listens with rapt attention, nodding every once in a while. "So these people we need to save... did they work in this town? And why did they go in the realms in the first place? What happened here that made that necessary?"

6. Latewave

Casually shrugging at Adeline, Tex answers.

"Well now, I guess you can have another. Welcome to Silent Hill dear. Hope you enjoy fog."

Having dismissed Adeline she walks off towards the shop.

Inside she's greeted by the shopkeeper.

"So I've heard you've been looking for a suit. For a small price of 100 cash I've got one in just your size. I've also have a nice watch for sale it would go rather well with the suit. Only 200 more and It has some nice features."

Rebecca looks towards Damien, Hensworth, and Adam.

"I'm not the best one to explain this. I never was a scholar of history. That's my brothers area of experience. Knowing him he'll be waiting at the library. If you'll follow me. And before you start worrying about Mister Brad. My brother here will go make sure he's not getting in over his head. Now won't you brother dear?"

Tex just shrugs.

"Why not."

A feeling of being passed through a hole smaller and bigger then himself confronts Brad as he goes through the portal. It's not a very nice feeling but you'll get used to it. Right now he's in a grassy field area. What did you think that because this was the realm of forests that would be the only thing around? This are actual worlds thank you very much. They do have variance in biomes. Just not as much as say earth does. Right now you don't really see much. It's just a area of grassland. You can see a treeline in the distance. While off to the side you can see a rocky area. Directly behind you is a temporary portal. The wind is blowing heavily here. Feels like it's going to rain.

Looking around for life you see several examples around. Some beetle creatures, a caterpillar that seems to be of the mimic type, some large rodents and finally you can see it. A wooden thing that resembles a man slightly. It's rather small being only about a foot and a half tall but it's much more intelligent then anything you've seen so far.

If you would have to put words to it? It resembles a baby ent. As much as that makes sense anyways.

So what now brave explorer?

Being shown to the Library again. Rebecca sits down in a chair and waits around for the Librarian and her brother. Walking in from an office they seat themselves as well.

"We meet again. Lacking a few of you aren't you? No matter It's not like my sister would let you do anything dangerous. I should introduce you to the head librarian and only librarian, Thoth. Why yes he's named after the Egyptian god of knowledge before you ask. But I know why you are here. You want to know about the town's tragedy don't you?"

Elian sighs.

"We don't know what caused it. A hundred years ago something happened. Something horrible. We aren't sure what happened but we know the results. You've seen it. A wrecked town devoid of people. Confused on how you can save people that should be dead by now? The thing is the portals you seen are stable. Spacewise and Timewise. From what I can gather they ran through rifts that opened in midair to avoid what was happening here. Running into infernos, into freezing death, into places you'd consider impossible to live in to avoid what was here. But they can be saved. The issue is however for most people they went even further into the past. I don't know how long but the civilizations they've created are there. On the other hand a few went into the future and you may actually find them walking about. Half of your task if you choose to accept it, is to bring back people that want to come back. The other half is helping fix this city. We will need the materials. However their are things we can't fix normally. I suppose you've seen the empty lake and the dead forests? Those and other things are caused by that event. We'll need a source of power to fix them. We'll need souls. Before you start not humans souls no. We need souls from monsters. That carry the right conditions to fix up the area. The three portals we have active can get ones that can fix the lake and forests easy. When we've gotten the town up to spec we'll open new portals to go through and so on."

Elian takes his glasses off and cleans them really quickly.

"On another note, there are things you should worry about. I've heard rumors of some rather off happenings in the realms. Sadly I lack the ability to go check but, be careful."

Anything else?

7. Moronis

Re: You Won A Town. Going Shopping. Why not?

Mori thinks for a moment, then nods. "Thank ya kindly for explaining all this to us. Now, I have one question. Is there anything we could fix up in the meantime while collecting our bearings so to speak? Someplace that doesn't need us to go a hunting I mean."

8. MasterBlade

"How convenient! Also slightly creepy. Regardless, I shall buy this suit and watch set. Do you have a fitting room?"

9. SupahKiven

Hensworth leans forward in his chair, drumming his fingers on his knee. "So you say there have been rumors that are... 'off'. Would you kindly explain this further?"

10. Sargon of Akkad

Sargon of Akkad Getting sticky.

Brad spends a few seconds taking pictures of all of the creatures in the area, then proceeds to book it towards the temporary portal. Once he's through, he then continues to run until he finds the rest of the group, and shows them the photos he's taken.

11. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Quietly handing over the money for one of the watches they've been not quite subtlety encouraged to buy, Damien slips on his new purchase and starts messing around with the various buttons and dials while listening to the proprietor's instructions. Might have to go explore the town on his own later, see if he can find a good place to set up the equipment he brought with him.

12. Latewave

Elian looks towards Adam.

"You could always spruce up your apartments. They do need a personal touch from you if you want it to be yours. They have the basics, but a few touches from you won't hurt."

Caine replies.

"We do, just follow the signs."

The doorbell rings and Caine welcomes in Damien.

Back to Elian.

"Well you see, I've heard about this.. I'm trying to find the correct word in your language. Let's go with Corruption. It's not quite correct. But it should give you an idea of what it's like. It's from what I can tell been quiet but some rather nasty emanations have been felt. It hates life one could say. I'm not sure what it is. But if you encounter it? I don't recommend you stick around."

Back to Caine's Curios.

"The Watch, a rather fine piece of work I do say so myself. Modular upgrading system to increase value and it's basic uses are rather nice. For starters the Inventory ability allows one to carry everything in a pocket dimension. Another useful trick is the Return to Town feature. It allows you to return to your apartment from any of the Realms. Sadly you can't bring anyone with you. The Minion Tracker allows you to keep tabs on any minions you create from the spell. Well you don't have it yet but I'm pretty sure it's in the welcome package in the apartments. It manages your wallet. Converting whatever cash you have into the local variety and keeping tabs on how much you have. And it even tells the time. The Mark I certainly couldn't do that. Also I don't know when I'll be getting the Upgrade chips in so you should check in every few days or so. If you feel like it."

Brad runs into the shop.

"I've got cool pictures of things."

Caine perks up. He knows the Artistic Value of Cool Pictures. We'll he might buy them if they are interesting enough. He does ask that you at least go show Thoth them first. He's a Researcher after all.

13. Moronis

Adam, satisfied with the answer, smiles and heads to the store first. Dropping in, he notices the watch and figures he could use a replacement. "Good day to you. I'd like to buy a watch if'n you don't mind."

14. MasterBlade

"Teleportation? That kind of future technology in a watch, surely you je....."

*WEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOP*

And then Adeline pressed the return to apartment button in disbelief. In the middle of changing between outfits. Both of which were left behind.

The sounds of shrieking could be heard through the entire town.

15. SupahKiven

Hensworth nods and stands up. "Thank you for the information sir. It will be of great help." He reaches out, shakes Elian's hand, and follows Adam to the Caine's shop. He greets Caine with a smile "Ah hello, my good man. Would it be too much trouble for me to buy... that watch from you?" He points to one of the watches and spots Brad with his camera. "Son, you should be more careful." He clasps the young man's shoulder. "It's quite dangerous out in those 'realms' you see. There's a 'Corruption' hating life and eating people or something out there. Wouldn't want you to get eaten yet. We've only just started."

16. Latewave

Everyone in the store gets a watch. Yay. I'm not re explaining them for you however. Just read up.

Adeline appears in an apartment. With no one around.

Damien walks around the town. Crows are crowding around. Like lots of them. I mean It's kind of wierd but huh. It's not like you can do anything about it.

Now this is interesting.

Nah that's a lie. You don't encounter anything really interesting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  17. MasterBlade

-----------------------------------------------------------

Alright. Severely under dressed with no spare clothes packed (damn that taxi driver for taking the luggage). At the very least Adeline was in her apartment. It wasn't much of an apartment but it could have been severely worse. Not to say it wasn't bad now; there was NO WAY she was leaving the building without something decent, and no ability to reach her things herself. All she had was the stupid watch.

Wait that's it! The store owner mentioned a welcome package with minions. That's practically free labor! Running through the apartment, Adeline eventually found the complimentary fruit basket with all the mayoral swag. She quickly rummaged through it, looking for anything that might be minion-related and tossing aside the rest. What was left was a small card with a single phrase on its surface, nothing more.

"Ignem vocant arma satelles, what is this even?"

AS you summon your little minon thingsyou notice around a core of fire floating armor bits that shift. Ifit had all of the parts you would call it a minature knight. But atthe moment besides the armor protecting the fire core it only has a helmet and hands.

Pending another freakout from the unprepared and exausted noblewoman, it would appear as though the minion summoning was sucessful! She pelted it with a pillow before covering herself up with a blanket as a makeshift cover to hide behind. "Y-you! Item shop! Clothing, both sets! MAKE HASTE!" The minion was quick to leave the room, leaving a charred ash pile of a former cushion in its wake. When it returned a few moments later, it bore both sets of clothes in a flameproof bag (and a rather snarky letter from the shop owner about selling her things the next time they were left in his store). And for his speed he was quickly forgiven for the pillow's destruction.

One costume change later, Adeline was taking full advantage of her summon-able servants, quickly discovering a cap of 5 within a few minutes. Though disappointing by the number, she was quick to give orders to those she had. Two were given bodyguard duty, and would follow behind her rendering whatever help they could in the combat situation. The third was ordered to manage the household as a maid, and to clean up the various ashes of burnt things that were already piling up. The fourth was to be errand boy, fetching whatever was needed at any given time (like those books she'd been meaning to look up; she would send him with a delivery order so the librarian could send over a less flammable courier). The last was given the honor of being her personal secretary and notekeeper, managing her schedule of affairs and personal mayoral memoirs, of which there would be many.

Adeline was only just beginning to skim the librarian's lecture notes when Courier Delivered a package *From a secret admirer*. Ecstatic about a fan in these parts, she quickly opened the box to find a bracelet and a note.

"A gift from me, a personal inventory. Store things carefree! With much glee, signed Elrich."

*Klank*, and the bracelet went through the window. "Maid, sweep and fix! Courier, fetch! Secretary! Make note to end that boy."

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  18. Moronis

Although he was using caution, this does not stop Adam from accidentally activating the teleportation mechanism on the watch, a curious thing with engravings of tools and metals upon it. After the brief feeling of being simultaneously bigger and smaller than quantum physics truly allows for, Adam blinks a few times before looking around. Noticing he is in what is apparently his apartment room... Is it? He opens the door and looks at the plate outside it, the name "Adam Mori: Room 203" clearly engraved upon it. His room then. Putting his hand upon his chin, Mori adopts a thoughtful pose, thinking things through. Then, coming to a conclusion clear only to him, Mori gets up and begins to move things here and there to suit his comforts. This done, Mori finally picks up the card from the fruit basket and sits down.

Then he sits down, reads the slip of paper quietly a few times, and then looks up. Then, speaking calmly and with the certainty of a mountain, Adam begins to recite.
    "By the life in my blood and the strength in my bones do I summon thee oh Children Of The Earth."

******************************************************************************
    Bones of the Earth Awaken. Your master calls for your service again. Become one with life again. Form from your bones. Live again.
    They are the Children Of The Earth. They are small, about knee height on the average human being. They are composed of bones for the structure, plants for the sinews and tendons, and rock to protect all that they are. And they form around pulsating golden cores that seem to shine with nothing but comfort.
    ******************************************************************************

Staring at the small creatures, Mori kneels down to get a better look at them. They seem a bit dazed but ultimately seem to trust him. Smiling as he notes their interest in some planks that were left in the corner, he stands and gestures for them to gather around. They seem to understand and move towards him, looking up at him with curious glowing eyes.
    "Welcome to life I suppose I should say. Now, what do yall say we get ya some work to do? Nothing like good honest labor after all." He says, assigning each of them a task. One to clean, one to search, another to mend, a fourth to break, and the fifth and last to assist its kin in all their endeavors. It is not a whirlwind of activity in the small apartment, for earth is not one to move with great haste. But the work is done with far more thoroughness and far more quickness than any would think imaginable. The small room, which was once somewhat dusty and in a slight state of disrepair, now smells of earth after a fresh spring shower and while it is obvious that someone lives there, is now in a much better state than it was previous. And seeing their work complete, the minions wander off to other portions of the town, to fix what they can.

19. SupahKiven

Hensworth admires the watch. A nice gold pocket watch with a similarly colored chain. And not only could it tell time, it could do so much more. Once he got something from his apartment, he guesses. "Well fellows, I'm off to examine this fantastic watch, as well as the great gifts that reside in our apartment rooms." He departs with a wave, popping his watch open and closed as he walked.

Hensworth stands in the small, but cozy apartment room. "Not bad. Ooh. This must have that 'Minion Summon Spell.'" He digs through the basket on the small dining room table, happily pulling out a deck of cards and a muffin. "Oh man, how did they know I love blueberry muffins? Oh, what's this?" He pulls out a piece of paper, looking at the words and reading it out loud. "'Vos imperium unda quod glacies. Huh. Alright. Must be Latin. Is this... control? Control... water? Huh?"

The creature before you looks as it was shaved from the ice. But if you look closer the ice isn't covering it all. It's armored to be more correct. Only it's hands and feet are truly solid ice. The rest of it is just a covering cracked and broken.

Hensworth kneels down to get to eye level with the small creature. "Well hello there little thing. I guess you're one of those minion things that the people here told me about." The little creature salutes him and when Hensworth responded with a laugh, the little thing looked confused. He pats it on its watery head. "How polite! Don't worry little guy, we're friends. We help each other." The water elemental looks at its hands for a moment before sticking one out. Hensworth sticks out his, easily taking the cold miniature hand into his own. He gives the minion a hand shake and it looks up at him, then back to its hands. "I know! You'll be Alpha! Because you're the first." Alpha bubbled, almost like it tried to respond to him. "Yeah. Welcome to your new home Alpha."

20. Latewave

Damien walks through the town some more because he's useless like that. He notices more crows.

Adeline's minions do their required tasks because they are minions.

Mori's minions are out fixing the town. Well what five small creatures can fix anyways.

Brad has fallen asleep. Is he a narcoleptic?

Hensworth has met a minion. What now brave Sailor?

Adeline's minion has come back. With a note.

"Maybe you should do things. Or better yet why not go look into a portal for yourself."

21. MasterBlade

Adeline burns the note. She and her two bodyguard minions head for the forest portal. Elemental advantage, it would be easier to work in.

22. Moronis

Looking at the little creatures, Mori can see they have what it takes to get the job done and get it done right. Smiling at the sight of them working, he heads off to the portals, entering the one designated as the forest realm, hoping to explore it as best he can.

23. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Fucking Crows...Why are they following him he wonders. Everywhere he goes, anyway he turns, he loses two of them to find five more. Nothing seems to shake them completely, running, walking, cutting through multiple attached buildings, yelling, utter silence....

Finally Damien snaps and demands they do what they will or leave him alone to plot the demise of their species....I don't think he's quite thought this one through.

24. SupahKiven

Hensworth sticks a hand out, letting Alpha step into his palm. He puts the minion onto his shoulder then, making sure he has his watch and his new deck of cards, heads off to the portals. He enters the one he saw Brad go into earlier, off into the Forest Realm.

25. Latewave

Now let's properly introduce this.

Welcome to Arborian, The Realm of Life, The Everlasting Forests.

All around you is an open plain. It's a rather nice place. The grass isn't too high and there isn't anything big around. Which is a good thing. For the most part, this is the same place that Brad had been.

A voice comes in through your watches.

"Testing, Testing. Can you hear me? Good. This is Tex calling in from the portal gate. Anytime you find a place that you think is major you can register the spot and the portal can lock in there. This plain seems to be where the portal here originally opened when the world went bad. So you may want to go look around and see if you can see any traces."

To the North is Forested Lands.
    To the West is unknown.
    To the East is unknown but rocks are that way.
    And to the South? No idea. Got to explore don't cha?

Well let's visit Damien.

The Crows start flying into a mass and disappear.

A man pops out of mass as the crows disappear into him. He floats in the air with a pair of black wings.

"Man you need to chill out. I was just wondering what in the world people are doing here. I mean this place has been dead for a hundred years save for us crows."

With Brad.

He's off towards the Library. Let's see if those pictures can be useful there? It's also a good chance to keep him busy while he's gone :p

26. Moronis

Re: You Won A Town. Crowfather.

Adam looks calmly at the other two and then at the surrounding terrain. Crouching down, he rubs the ground and smiles. "Good solid earth here. Very nice. Think I might like this place a bit." He says calmly and sincerely. Then, standing back up, he turns to the other two and speaks softly. "So, I'm reckoning we head westwards and see what we can't find. Any objections folks?"

27. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

"Chill out. Chill out? How damn chill you think I should be?! I've spent the last...last...I don't know HOW long running around trying lose those birds! I thought I was gonna be swarmed and eaten alive you..you......I can't even think of a insult I'm so pissed!"

...Well, seems that Damien is about to attack his new acquaintance. This won't end well...Oh wait, he's started pacing and muttering. Wonder what he's up to?

"*huff huff* Okay...Just...calm down... Think calm thoughts. Warm thoughts. Happy thoughts....Just like the doc told you to." Frantic pacing gradually slows as Damiens' temper wanes before he finally comes to a stop and turns to face his avian unknown. "Okay. Calm now. Anyway, my names Damien, and your birds freaked me the fuck out....wait a second....How the hell did you fly with those wings?"

Quickly making his way behind the stranger, he's already measuring the mans wingspan and jabbering away at a mile a minute. In between forcing the wings into various levels of extensions and trying to retrieve feather samples you can just make out a vague train of logic about how flight shouldn't be possible with his estimated weight and body shape with wings that size.

28. MasterBlade

Noone ever got far charting the same maps. West would be best here. Adeline makes note of the surroundings and prepares her pan to burn any foes that would spring from the grasses.

"Secretary! Write this down. Today we embark on a new journey of that only our ancestors ever had the pleasure of. Exploring new lands and taming them to add to our collective empire. Meeting new artizans to acquire and improove our capabilities. Spread the slaughter of god damn its bright here I should have gotten a sunhat."

She raises the pan above her head to block out a bit of the sun. This was silly; she would have to invest more in her wardrobe the next time she got her hands on gold.

29. SupahKiven

Hensworth nods. "Seems like as good a place as any to start. " He raises a hand up to his eyes to block out the sun, glancing towards the south. It looked... he didn't know what it looked like. "Well then. We're wastin' good daylight. Up an' at 'em. Let's go!" The man begins his march to the West, making sure the other two were behind him before walking off.

Alpha nervously glances around from its perch on Hensworth's shoulder. It wonders where they were going. It feels unsafe out here. It was safer back in the building place. At least the shoulder man was here to protect Alpha.

30. Moronis

Nodding his head, Adam brings up the rear, shovel held calmly and reasonably over his shoulder, eyes open even in the light to keep watch for anything possibly dangerous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.