1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

You Won A Town. They LIVE!

Discussion in 'PbP IC' started by Latewave, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

Re: You Won A Town. Hello Marrok.

With Damien

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx3KNKHLyBc

BATTLE FIGHT.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
    You spot the Newts crawling on the ground around you. Well then you were looking for some action now weren't you. I wonder what they are doing this far away from water however. Well actually I don't it's not like they really have a source of water to chill out in anymore. What with the Lake gone and all.

With Trio

Area entered

Forest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx3KNKHLyBc

Did you really think you could go on much longer without fighting something? Hah.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 6, total 10[/blockquote]
    Beetles erupt out of the ground. Well at least you have someone that will be of good use here. Now if only you had the book of monsters to know what these guys are useful for. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Moronis

Moronis Know what you're doing yet?

Re: You Won A Town. BATTLE FOR GLORY

Noting the creatures, Mori calmly pulls out the shovel and swings it lightly a few times. "Well now." He says, taking a step towards the nearest one. "Guess we've been called on to be pest control right quick like."

Then, in one fluid motion, Mori swings the shovel at the nearest beetle, aiming to launch it up in the air.

3. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Re: You Won A Town. Hello Marrok.

The short trip had gone by quickly thanks to the influx of information courtesy of the the minion that had dubbed itself Vari, and taken secondary command of the remaining minions. Investigation will be stalled however by this creature.

'Send one of them to keep it occupied while the other three flank and subdue it. I want to see just what you're capable of.'

Keeping one eye on the apparent amphibian, he cracks open the book to see what it can tell him, ignoring the sound of the minion charged with distracting it being thrown at the beast.

'Aiyiyiyiyiyi, it's eating my head!'

4. SupahKiven

SupahKiven Getting sticky.

Hensworth smiles. "Hoo boy! Now we're talkin'. It's time to fight, and boy have I been itchin' for one." He jogs over, in one fluid motion grabbing the chain to his anchor and swinging it over his head, bringing the artifact down to crush one of the beetles.

Alpha watches the beetles erupt from the ground. There were no good. He could feel the malice streaming off of them. They were bad, he was good, and that's all there was to his thought process. Alpha launches himself off of Hensworth's shoulder, landing on top of one of the vicious insects.

5. MasterBlade

MasterBlade Getting sticky.

Adeline spots bugs Adeline does not like bugs. She squishes one with flaming pan to make it go splat.

"EINS! ZWIE! ANGRIEFEN!" The crazy lady orders her minions to attack, in german. Because obviously her minions can understand it.

6. Sargon of Akkad

Sargon of Akkad Getting sticky.

In his apartment, he takes a look at the furnishings and lays down his bag. The furnishings are simple, but a lot better than most hostels. After packing his clothes he picks up both the inventory as well as the minion spell. Reading it aloud, he chants:

"Déan gaoithe a dhéanamh saol, agus an saol a dhéanamh saor in aisce."

As he chants, a soft wind slowly blows around the room, like a localised whirlwind. The wind takes shape, blowing and curving into a dark sphere. From the sphere, small dark wisps of air swirl outward forming a cocoon of sorts around the sphere. The cocoon sprouts two arm-like appendages, which lack shape or definition. Light intensifies into two small points of light, almost eyes even, with a small ring of light sprouting from the back of the minion.

Standing (or rather floating) before Brad is his first minion, which is then joined by four others. They stare (expectantly?) at Brad and make no movement, save for the subtle blowing of their bodies.

"Well... okay. I guess you guys are my minions then. Or you were, at least. From this point forth, we shall be brothers in arms, working towards a common goal! If we work together, then there's no way anyone can hold us back! Now let's go and find those other guys! They're probably in trouble, and they need our help!"

Brandishing his rake defiantly, Brad opens the window of his apartment and drops down, and has his minions follow. He then runs as quickly as he can to the portal, and goes through to find the others.

7. Latewave

With the Trio

The beetle that Mori hit flies up into the air and deploys it's wings fluttering there slightly then falling towards the ground. Looks like he smashed one of it's wings in that hit.

Good Shot.

Hensworth squishes his beetle in a single hit. Due to the sheer force that he can put out with that anchor. One of the other beetles however bite his hand with their pincers. It's bleeding a bit.

Beetles X9

Alpha's ice claws dig into the beetles carapace. The beetle can't get into the air and can't bite at Alpha's body.

Beetles X8

Alpha's claws become sharper.

Adeline in her bug frenzy smashes a Beetle into bits. That's not very pretty.

Beetles X7

Zwei stands back to protect his mistress. His armor shifts and grows. He deflects a Beetle going for his mistress's head.

Eins goes forth to destroy this menace to his mistress's well being. In his hand a weapon begins to grow. A simple knife but dangerous in his hands. He stabs a beetle and sets it on fire.

Beetles X6

With Damien

Monster Guide
    Newt
    Type Aquatic
    Monster Family Amphibian
    Location Lakes, Swampland
    Attacks It's got a bite attack that's fairly painful and sometimes poisonous depending on the breed. It's also capable of minor water magic well sometimes.

Useful Materials
    None.

Legion's notes
    Okay newts, basically the backbone of the Amphibian family these guys are rather common. Not much to say. They can bite and sometimes use water magic. The only thing you really need to look out for is the bite.

With Brad

You finally have minions. Finally.

You also head through a portal. Forest Realm.

Sadly you have no clue where to go.

Pick a direction.

8. Moronis

Spitting real fast, Mori readies the shovel up for another second... And pauses, thinking in his normal manner. "Now then. This here tool's magic. So I wonder what happens if'n I..." He trails off, as he launches a boulder up into the air and hits it with a , aiming for the biggest amount of beetles, shouting a warning in the process.

9. SupahKiven

"Yeowch!" Hensworth feels the beetle sink its pincers sink into the flesh of his hand. He watches them retract, drawing blood up in the process. "You're going to pay for that. I'd say a proper payment is your life!" Hensworth does what any reasonable man would do after being bitten by an oversized beetle. He goomba stomps that motherfucker.

Alpha feels his hands extend and sharpen. They're claws. His claws. And he turns, hearing the words of his master, seeing the blood. Alpha's instincts take over and he leaps out to another beetle, letting out a bubbling roar as he stabs into it claws first.

10. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Well. Good to know that a minion being eating is cause for abandoning the plan for laughter. Damien shakes his head in disappointment as he approaches the back of the newt, calmly keying up his gloves Shock ability before activating the Taser Punch he discovered playing around during the trip here. Watching as it shakes the minion like a ragdoll, a thought strikes his mind as he slams a fist into it, releasing the stored power into it.

'Guess it's true what they say. You can't just GET good help these days.'

11. MasterBlade

Adeline steps back to retaliate against the beetle that Zwei stepped in front of, smashing it towards a tree.

"Danke'. Still more to go!" She calls for another round of beetle slayings.

12. Sargon of Akkad

Brad waits for his minions to arrive, which doesn't take too long, and then assigns them names in order to differentiate them.

"You! In the front! You can be Martin, and you'll lead everyone, alright? You can be Joan, and you protect these guys. You can be Carl. You do whatever it takes to keep everyone working together well. Next up is Harriet. Your job is to scout ahead and keep an eye out for danger. Finally, Florence, you keep everyone alive alright? It's the most important job. Now that everyone knows their role, lets go!"

Brad then runs east along with his comrades.

13. Latewave

With the Trio.

Adam's boulder crushes two more of the beetles. The rest fly out of the way.

Beetle X4

Hensworth crushes the beetle and Alpha rips one apart.

Beetle X2

Adeline crushes one beetle under her feet and Eins stabs another and sets it on fire.

Beetle X0

Ending music
    YOU GOT

50 cash
    Progress towards learning next move
    Minion stats up.

With Damien.

Quickly incapacitating the Newt with a single attack. He now has a unconscious newt to do as he pleases with.

Quick upgrade tip. Give your minions metallic tools.

You got
    50 Cash
    Progress towards next move

With Brad

Brad has found his way towards the farm the others have went to. Sadly they left. So now what.

14. Sargon of Akkad

Brad and his merry band wander around due east until they find something. He spends time taking pictures of the farm and whatever he encounters.

15. MasterBlade

Ah, its never a bad day to encounter magic gold-dropping monsters!

Adeline presses further into the northern forest, realizing that she doesn't have an axe to chop the trees down. Maybe she could find an ex-lumberjack to borrow one from.

16. Moronis

Adam looks at the beetles and wonders briefly if he should dig a grave. He decides against it however, knowing that the forest will take care of its own dead. And that being decided, Adam follows Adeline further into the forest.

17. SupahKiven

Hensworth salutes the beetles. "You put up a good fight, you did. It was a pleasure to duel with you, Nature." He walks over, helping Alpha back onto his shoulder, before following the other two into the forest.

Alpha, back on his perch, goes back to thinking. He decides he likes thinking. It's better than... that. Back with the things that bit, Alpha didn't like it. The feeling when his master got hurt... Alpha doesn't want to feel it again. But he would, if it meant Hensworth didn't have to. Alpha searches for the right word. Link. They have a link. He nods and chooses to think about his claws instead. Sharp. They weren't this sharp before. He got better at hurting things. That's... all there was to think about. So he goes back to thinking about his link.

18. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

"You, number three. Start carrying this specimen back to the town. Put it in the bathtub with some water and stand guard over it. Number two and four, check the area for anymore beasts."

Kneeling down to check on number five, Damien is rather surprised that despite the beating it took in fulfilling its assigned duty, it's already repairing and affirming its capable and willing for whatever else Master wants it to do. He finds himself strangely touched by the loyalty of the minion, watching as what appears to be most of a arm reattaches itself. A few minutes, and number five is almost good as new.

"Well, you look fine now. Come on Van, let's go see what those two I sent out have found." He makes it several feet before he realizes that he only hears one set of footsteps following. Looking back, he sees that Vari is right behind him, while the last member of the squad is just standing there looking almost...confused. It points at itself in a questioning manner, as if to confirm that Damien is addressing it. "Yes, I'm talking to you. What? Do you not like the name?" A quick shake of its head and a sprint to catch up, and the three are off following Damien's Minion Tracker in pursuit of the searchers he sent out.

19. Moronis

While walking along, Mori looks over at Hensworth and Alpha and decides to try making conversation. "So, Hensworth, got any stories ya'd like to tell us if'n ya don't mind my asking?"

20. SupahKiven

Hensworth laughs. "You want a story, eh? I think I could rustle one up. Lemme tell you about the time I took out a mugger after one of my poker club meeting. See, he came up to me and held a gun up to my head. He said 'gimme your money and I won't bust a cap in yo ass', whatever that means." He happily cracks his knuckles, recounting the memory. "Those street thugs were never too smart or quick. So I did what any man would do when faced with one of those hooligans. I gave him a swift one to the gonads. Boy, you shoulda seen the look on his face!"

Alpha listens to Hensworth's story too. It's nice. The man has a comforting voice. Maybe it's just to him, but Alpha thinks that he wouldn't mind listening to these 'stories' all the time.

21. Latewave

With Brad

Wind blows through the long grass you find yourself in. You can hear the sounds of flowing water somewhere nearby. There seems to be a pile of rocks with a weird black goo growing on it. You can smell ash somewhere close.

Time to investigate now.

With The Trio

Exploring the forest time. Choices Choices You have a three way divide. North West, and East. The path you choose decides your fate.

With the Damien

It seems that your minions have found something. Or you think so. Let's try your luck and see what they found.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  22. Moronis

"Folks, I'm thinking we split up here. I gots me a gut feeling about the westward direction so I'll be a heading that aways.." Adam says, hitching his thumb westwards. Then, not making sure the others are following him, he heads off that way.

23. Sargon of Akkad

Brad approaches the black goo cautiously, keeping a good distance. He takes a few pictures of it, but that goes without saying. He then motions for his minions to approach the goo as well.

Martin, as head of the troupe, motions at Harriet, and then at the goo. It Takes a moment, but Harriet understands and quickly floats above the goo to get a better look at it. Joan approaches slowly, almost cautiously. Carl and Florence take places behind Joan and float together.

24. MasterBlade

"..."

"When did you guys get here?"

Adeline does East to escape her stalkers.

25. Latewave

Wobble. Wobble. The rocks wobble. Moving together. Forming a humanoid form. Not just one. Three of them form in front of Brad.

Hello Brad. Say hello to the Corrupted Workers.

26. SupahKiven

Hensworth glances nervously at the two people in his group split up. "Uh... maybe we should..." But they're already gone. "Hoo boy. Alright minion. I've got a task for you. Your very first one, so do it well, okay? I want to you follow that woman, make sure she's safe. Alright?" He gingerly places Alpha on the ground and jogs to catch up to Adam.

Alpha stands in the clearing. He's all alone now. The shoulder man, Hensworth gave him a mission. Alpha sticks a lonely hand out to him. He wants him to come back. Alpha doesn't want to go alone. His arm drops to his side and he runs as fast as his watery legs will take him, going to catch up to Adeline.

27. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

It takes but a few minutes of travel before the trio of master and minions find half the so called search party flat on the ground attempting to stand only to slam back into it while the other half alternates between trying to drag it away and helping it stand. Curious as to what's going on with the seemingly stuck minion, the three of them make their way over to the pair and attempt to help get the immobilized minion free, only to find that Vari is soon in the same situation.

Somewhat stumped until he notices small bits of metal sprinkled throughout the ground of the clearing, Damien issues orders with a sigh to dig up the area until they find what is causing the two minions currently effected to be trapped, sitting down to wait and cursing his lack of forethought in not bringing any tools, he decides to while away the time thinking up names to distinguish the two nameless minions present, making a note to remember to carry a book from now on for times like this.

28. Sargon of Akkad

Thinking back to what Thoth said about concepts and magic, Brad thinks about wind for a moment. Wind flows freely, without boundary or obstacle. It flows in any direction, just like how it is flowing within the grass. And when two winds converge...

Brad has a plan.

"Martin! Everyone! Behind me now!"

As the minions gather behind him, Brad readies his rake and his legs.

"Everyone! Blow me towards the rock dudes as hard as you can! If you can, follow me and blow at the same time! I'm depending on you guys!"

The minions start to blow at his back, and Brad remembers how to use the rake. He runs forward, as fast as he can, with his minions trying to keep pace.

"Now!" he screams, as he pulls the rake back and blows at his feet, thus casting Tailwind, as all of his minions blow at his back and send him almost flying through the air. As he reaches the first golem, he jumps into the air and points his feet at the golem's head, and casts Gale behind his as a last second boost.

29. Latewave

With the Trio cause Interesting.

Adeline heads a different direction with a certain minion trailing her. But she found something interesting. Ruins. Is it time to delve deeply young one?

Hensworth and Adam head off the other way and find what seems to be statues. Old and worn away. But something is not quite right here.

With the Damien cause He's a pain.

Damien's minions found a source of Iron and Copper

Resource get.
    Potential Mine area.

With Brad.

Wind blowing fiercely at the Worker causes it to fly into one of the others. Incapacitating it for the moment. It's head is on the wrong way right now.

The other Worker that is actually able to do things punches Brad in the chest knocking him onto the ground.

30. Sargon of Akkad

Brad rolls out of the way before the golem can hit him again, casting Gale at its face. As he does so, Joan flies at the standing golem and blows in its face, darting in and out of range, while Harriet attacks from behind. Florence blows air away from Brad, trying to protect him, whilst Martin and Carl try to suppress the golems that are already down. Brad then goes and stomps on some faces for a bit, on the golems who were knocked down earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.