1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

You Won A Town. They LIVE!

Discussion in 'PbP IC' started by Latewave, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moronis

Moronis Know what you're doing yet?

Re: You Won A Town. BATTLE FOR GLORY

Adam strolls calmly towards the statues and starts to analyze them as best he can, looking them up and down thoroughly and especially noting the stone and any markings on them.

2. MasterBlade

MasterBlade Getting sticky.

"Well well well, this is a find! I'm sure our librarian friend might like some of this lost knowledge in this place. And if we can set up a museum of artifacts? INSTANT TOURIST TRAP!"

Adeline dives into the ruins, Zwei in the front. She has secretary draw sketches of anything and everything along the hallways; ancient lore is interesting lore.

3. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

A minion wakes his master from the nap he slipped into waiting for them to finish, wondering why it is that his master needs such a strange recharging method. Leading him over to the dug out area, seeming quite proud, the minions show off the large deposits of metal they've found. Chuckling at the sight of two minions waving from their current status of stuck several feet off the ground to the metal, he takes a closer look at the areas they've uncovered.

"Hmm...Looks like...copper...and iron....good quality too. Well, guess that explains why those two are stuck, must have gotten magnetized somehow...Now how to get it somewhere we can make use of it...Maybe if we get a cart from town? No, that would take too long... Damn it, what to do, what to do...What do you want Vari..."

'Master, why do you not simply use the resources here to make minions for transport or upgrade us to better serve you in moving them?'

That question leaves Damien looking strangely sheepish,"...Mostly because I had forgotten you could do that. All right, Vari, Van, I want you two to upgrade yourself with both metals. Focus on general improvements and speed for now. Two, Four, your names are now Biggs and Wedge, upgrade yourselves with a focus on iron over copper. I want you two as Melee fighters and heavy laborers. We can do more specific adjustments once I get a actual lab set up. Once that's done, I want you two to go let one of those guys in the town hall know where this is. I'm sure one of them will have a way to move it. While your doing that, we'll be heading further into the forest." A slight beep interrupts his train of thought, and a glance at the source shows that his watch is displaying information on Three that is...worrying. "...When you finish relaying the location, go check up on Three. It looks like he's up to something."

4. SupahKiven

SupahKiven Getting sticky.

Hensworth follows Adam up to the statues. He holds a hand up, as if to touch one of them, before dropping it back to his side. "Be careful, my boy. I probably wouldn't touch any of these. Call it an old man's intuition, but maybe these are... sacred relics that we shouldn't be messing with."

Alpha stops outside the ruins. They're big. To him at least. He saw things with the woman he was following, he didn't really notice them before. But he felt... similar to them. They felt like him. He looks up to the sky, thinking for a moment. About these other things, minions, like him and about the weird stones that make this thing. His thoughts drift back to his order. 'Make sure she's safe'. He isn't sure about helping this lady, she's kind of... He doesn't finish. But he does want to help Hensworth. And he told Alpha to help the lady. Maybe he would get to communicate with those other minions. With that thought bouncing around in his head, Alpha makes another attempt to catch up to Adeline.

5. Moronis

"Don't worry too much about me. I ain't about to touch em. Just looking at em. Cause something just don't seem right here. Startin' to wish I'da brought one of my old archaeology textbooks with me." Adam replies, as he leans back and away from the statues. Something's not right. Little details in various places just aren't adding up about this whole area.

6. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

With Brad

Well stomping on rock doesn't do much. I mean it is rock after all. A more interesting thing is the fact that during the fighting you've gotten closer towards a small cliff you didn't notice. The wind has begin blowing harder. A storm is coming. Can you use this to your advantage?

With Adam and Hensworth

A voice interupts you from above.

"Interesting aren't they? My race's work. When we were more plentiful we made them all over the place."

It's a younger man. He seems to be about 20ish. Red haired and physically massive reminding you slightly of an ape. The giant hammer screams don't mess with him.

"The interesting thing however isn't the statues. It's the soul inside it."

With Adeline

The ruins are interesting so far. Nothing really stands out, but it's been exposed to the elements for a couple hundred years at least. There is this smell. It's off. You can't tell what it is but it's hurting your head. Is that a blue glow running down one of the walls?

Alpha is following the Crazy Fire Lady.

With Damien

Increasing the iron that makes up the mass of the minion. Increases the Defensive Trait. The conductive nature of copper increases a trait I'm not going to be naming at the moment.

Minion 3 isn't that much in trouble. Having improvised a barrier using parts from your TV and various other things your Bathtub is now an aquarium.

7. MasterBlade

"God damn, what are they keeping in here? Corpses!? Actually that is very likely, but still, gah!"

Adeline takes off her suit tie and wraps it around her note to block out the horrid stench. She then spots Alpha trailing behind her.

"...well what are you standing around for!? They aren't going to come from behind! Guard the front with Zwei!"

The trek continues...

8. Moronis

Well now. Here's an interesting sort.

"Hello there. Name's Adam Mori. Excellent to make your acquaintance." Mori introduces himself. Then, pointing at the statues with his thumb, he continues. "So, mind telling us who you are? And how exactly have these here statues got souls in them?"

9. Sargon of Akkad

Sargon of Akkad Getting sticky.

Noticing the cliff nearby, Brad stoops down and begins to drag one of the golems off the side of the cliff. While this is happening, Martin floats over to Joan and combines their attacks, blowing in short, intense, and very close gusts of winds that stagger the golem backwards towards the cliff face. Harriet gathers small rocks and lay them out behind the golems, so that the golem might trip and fall. Florence does her best to lift up the golem Brad is dragging, to help lessen the load. Carl sits on top of the last golem and blows downward, to suppress it.

10. SupahKiven

Hensworth looks over the man. "Yes, hello sir. My name's Hensworth." He nods in agreement with Adam's questions. "And a question from me as well. How long has your race been in this area? And if it isn't too intrusive, might I ask where exactly you picked up this process of putting souls in these statues?"

Alpha looks around. It looks... it looks something. Something that describes things. ...Normal. It looks normal. That's when the glow catches his attention. Alpha walks over to the blue glow. It's mesmerizing. He wants to touch it. Arm raised cautiously, Alpha's claws are centimeters from touching it when a loud voice makes him flinch. It's the lady. She wants him to help. And he needs to help her to help Hensworth. Alpha takes one last longing look at the blue before jogging up to catch up with Adeline. There's something else up here. The lady called it 'Zwei'. Alpha cocks his head at the other thing. It's the same size as him. He bubbles a greeting.

11. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Well. Upgrades seem to have gone off without a hitch. Certainly things usually explode around Damien by now if it's done wrong. Watching as the two minions head off to town to arrange transport and retrieval of the metals, he notices that there's several small chunks of metal still sticking to the minions, occasionally even shooting between them when they get close enough.

An egg of a idea sparks in his mind as he witnesses a chunk of iron shoot between Van and Vari fast enough to blur slightly, causing small dents on impact. Scooping a good handful of the metal pebbles into his pocket for later experimentation, Damien quickly starts making his way once more into the forest, minions nipping at his heels, and mind ablaze with thoughts of how to create a localized magnetic field with only his gloves.

12. Latewave

With Adeline

The world begins twisting and deforming around you. Maybe you shouldn't have breathed that in so much. You fall over and Alpha catches you and begins to drag you out of the Ruins. Zwei on the other hand begins to set everything on fire. Before you pass out you notice a weird fungus growing on the walls and a figure dashes further in. This bares investigating later when you recover.

With Hensworth and Adam.

"I'm Uthane. Named after one of my great uncles. And they have souls because of an art we used. We put part of our own soul into them. Not much mind you but enough and we could make them move. They were guards, workers, defenders, and so much more. But a side effect occurred, the older they got, the more they became. Personality developed and so on. But the issue was the stone slept and it's hard to wake them up now."

Nodding at Hensworth.

"My race has been here, for an extremely long time. Eons maybe? Not sure. We learned it from a man. He taught us his art. The Maker was a extremely proud man. We aren't sure what happened to him but, we do feel him still in the stones."

With Brad

Your plan worked. Somewhat. You managed to throw the Worker off the cliff. It's shattered into a million pieces. Yay.

Now you got to worry about two more and anything that pops up.

Though one is still on the ground and the other is distracted by minions and is close to the cliff edge.

A good kick would send him flying off.

The wind blows harder now and it begins to lightly rain.

With Damien.

Move Railgun progress 1%
    Inventive activated
    Move progress sped up until Inventive wears off.

13. MasterBlade

Secretat, having received no words from her master to write down, quickly realized something was wrong before Adeline dropped. She turned to notice the shadowy creature, jotting down a vague sketch of its appearance. This was torn from her notebook, then crumpled into Adeline’s hand before sending her off via the home teleport button. With the Master unconscious, it would be up to her to deal with the situation. They were pulling a tactical retreat, effective immediately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Heir to a noble house. Rich of luxuries bought by your ancestors. Not a finger’s worth of work to do? What more could you want in the world?”

“I want to live. The politics of the court, staying held up in this estate for a lifetime, this is not living.”

“Its living enough! Don’t be so selfish, the entire family depends on you to lead them when father becomes unfit. Would you let the family line die with you?”

“The family line IS dying, whether it is with me or someone else. This place has been nursery and grave for many generations before me, and it would be like that after.”

“Stop saying that! You were given a gifted life! Many would die to have your bloodline.”

“At one time, maybe. Isn't it a shame we do nothing with it?"

“Hey, where are you going!? Why are you taking that rusty old sword with you?”

“I need to speak with father. It will not be long.”

“…”

“Your brother and father are really at it in there. Do you think he’ll land a hit this time?”

“Oh mother, I certainly hope not. He’s too impatient, impulsive. I fear the day he takes control of the house.”

“He has idealistic views, yes. But he is your brother, and you are his sister. They say the male heir has the great power of the line, but the twin sister has what is needed to keep him in check.”

“Why would he need me? We barely speak as is, he’s just… insufferable! Unthankful!”

“Optimistic. I have a feeling he will do great things for this family, and you need to be there at his side when most needed. There will come a day where his ambitions get the better of him. You need to be ready to set him on the right path when that happens.”

“I suppose… strange, that didn’t sound like a typical sparring sound. Do you think we should check up on them?”

“Oh my god! Honey! The chandelier! Help me get your father out from under this!”

“What happened!? Where’s Elrich?”

“Where’s Elrich? Where’s Elrich!? Elrich is gone! He’s gone and he ain’t coming back!”

“Which way did he go? I’ll get my horse ready and track his…”

“No. You will do no such thing. Effective immediately you are the new heir to the family. Blood or no blood, you’re the last child of the house. We can’t afford to lose you both.”

“Did you hear me? We can’t afford to lose you!”

“Mistress Adeline! Wake up!”

14. Moronis

"Pleasure to meet you Uthane." Mori says with a small smile. Then he seems to stop to think for a minute. Reaching a conclusion, he nods and speaks up again. "So, what made the stones sleep?" Adam looks around at the surrounding area while asking the question, pacing slightly, trying to take in the details. Sleeping stones, souls and mobile rocks, all of it adding up to... "And tell me if you would please... Are these golems or are they sommat else? I'm somewhat curious about terminology ya see."

15. Latewave

With Damien.
    Walking around the area without paying attention is a good way to get ambushed. After all, all it takes is just a few seconds of not paying attention for something to change. Like suddenly taking a wrong path to get separated from your minions. Or a blink at a wrong time to miss a pair of eyes reflecting in one of the trees. Or sneezing and missing leaves rustling around you.

Or what I'm saying is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hcfuRiPm_s

Get ready to fight.

The first sign of something going wrong is the laughter. Nothing should sound like that. But it does.

Your feet are swept from under you. You finally see it's yellow eyes it's eyes glinting maliciously. It wants to play with you.

So Damien, what do you do now.

16. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Reacting almost reflexively, Damien swings a Taser punch from his position on the ground before scrambling backwards to his feet. Preparing a Shock with one hand and opening the Book with the other, he does his best to keep the attacker in his sights at all times, mind churning out ideas and plans of attack almost as fast as he discards them due to lack of knowledge on the enemy even as he waits for Legion to divulge what knowledge it has.

'Mom always did say my attention span would get me killed one day. Hope she wasn't right.'

17. Sargon of Akkad

After taking a moment to recover from dragging a golem, Brad dashes over in front of the standing golem and uses Gale repeatedly, throwing rocks and other debris. The four minions back off so that Brad can finish the golem.

Carl is still sitting/gale farting on the downed golem.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  18. SupahKiven

Hensworth grins. "Mighty fine meeting you, Mr. Uthane. Name's Hensworth." He glances over at the statues. They have souls... "Sir, another question. Feel free to disregard it, as it may just be simple ignorance. However, I would like to know if it is possible to wake them up. You said it is hard, but that must mean there is a way? Perhaps we could assist you if you need it."

Alpha is startled when the woman begins to fall. He dashes back, catching her before she hits the ground. He almost panics and begins the task of dragging her out of the ruins. He's stronger than he thought, but she's still much bigger than him. He had her a few feet when she just disappeared. Confused, he turned to the other minions. They were still there. He walks up, sticking an icy claw out to Secretat, gurgling at her. "Ww..." He ripples, trying again. "Ww... wwh... wwwwherr?"

19. Latewave

With Adam and Hensworth

"They slept because they weren't needed. We could wake them up then. But as the ages went past. The harder it was to rouse them."

Ulthane shrugs.

"The correct term is Construct. Golem is made a certain way and needs a certain magical things. It's a bit annoying but can be useful. On waking them up? I'd need to make a key. And I'd need access to a Maker Forge. Sadly they've been taken over by creatures. Well the ones I can name anyways. I mean I could try to fight my way in but I honestly don't have enough force to bust in by myself."

With Damien

Monster Guide
    Feral Rath
    Type Reptile
    Monster Family Reptile
    Location Forests, any place that has good hiding spots.
    Attacks. Clawing, Biting, Kicking

Useful Materials
    Scales. Natural camouflage material for forest areas.
    Claws. Secrete a natural poison that prevents coagulation.
    Teeth. Can hold an enchantment or two.
    Eyes. Big money item here. Is useful to the right buyer.

Legion's notes.
    Oh these buggers. Little sadistic bastards. They like playing with their prey. Making sure only to just nic you instead of gouging like those claws can do. Not that it matters as you won't stop bleeding if they do come in contact. Luckily these suckers are solitary bastards. They don't like each other much. Good news is these guys are pretty much awful at magic of any kind. More likely to explode then cast fireball.

The Rath tries to get close but gets hit by the shock. Rolling backwards to avoid what it perceives as an incoming attack.

You notice something before the Rath moves out of sight again. It's twitching. You did a bit more then you expected.

With Brad

And another one bites the dust. By dust I mean falls off a cliff and shatters into a bunch of tiny pieces but you get the jiff. All that is left is the final one. Considering your options you think that you should learn to refine your moves a bit more. A thought hangs in your head though. What happens if you were to make the gale smaller in range?

With Adeline

Being woke up by a worried Secretat. Isn't a pleasant thing. Being woke up and facing Rebecca is a worse thing. But she does seem worried for you and seems to be checking on you.

"Awake? That's good. Spores like these aren't healthy. But luckily it wanted to capture you instead of kill you."

----
    Alpha goes to Hensworth is now. He tries to warn him about the ruins.

Einz is setting things on fire still. Seems it's still angry.
    Secertat is currently with you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  20. Moronis

"Construct, eh? Seems right." Mori nods at this bit of information. Then he turns his attention to the other matter at hand. "So, how many of these creatures would you say there are? And about how powerful? I'm asking so I know if we need to head back and prepare since I'm reckoning if someone as powerful as I'm thinkin' you to be can't take 'em on by your lonesome, two fellows such as us won't be able to with just us as well."

21. SupahKiven

Hensworth laughs. "So you say you can't get in by yourself, eh? Perhaps we could help you bust into there? I'm always up for a good rumble. Me and Adam could help ya get in there. If you need to of course. Don't you think we could help him out, my boy?" He playfully elbows Adam.

Alpha stands in front of the ruins. After trying to talk to Secertat, she just disappeared, along with the other ones. He guesses that they were summoned. With a glance back at the tantalizing blue glow he can just faintly pick up from the mouth of the ruins, Alpha sprints off, ripping through foliage and insects. He can 'feel' where his master is.

Hensworth glances behind him at a rustling, only to see Alpha, with leaves and sticks stuck in his watery parts, burst out of the surrounding brush. He stoops down, scooping the minion up. "Hey there Alpha. What are you doing here? Where's Adeline? Is she alright?" Alpha thinks for a moment and then nods. "Oh. Then where is she?" Alpha points at Hensworth's pocket watch. "My watch? Oh! She went back to town. Alright." Alpha crawls up Hensworth's arm, plopping himself back onto his shoulder perch. He had some things to think about.

22. Sargon of Akkad

"Alright guys! Last one!"

Seeing no immediate rush, Brad decides to have a little fun with the golem before it has to go. Reaching farther up the rake, he makes fast, small strokes towards the golem, like sweeping.

23. MasterBlade

"Wanted... me? Hmm? whats this?"

Adeline opens her hand and finds Secretat's sketch. She looks it over for a moment.

"Courier! Put an order in at the shop for a gas mask! Secretat, go find the others in the forest path, see if you can get a detachment of minions for reinforcements!" “But... yes mistress!”"You... the third person. [size=8pt]Thank you for saving me I guess."

Adeline marches to the library. When she spots the librarian she slaps the Mushroom Monster Sketch onto the closest flat surface.

"I want to know what it is, what it can do, what I can do to defend myself against, and how to kill it. Preferably painfully. What do you have?"

24. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

"So...Don't get hit, stay alert, and outsmart them? Damn, feels just like back in high school." The area around him seems to have gone almost silent, save for the occasional crunch of dirt and grass beneath his feet, or the sudden sounds caused by the Rath and its constant twitching. With proper focus, Damien is almost able to keep a constant lock on its general location, turning the sudden ambush into a mutual game of cat and mouse. Eventually though, the twitching seems to subside temporarily, and Damien loses track of his foe.

Growing increasingly worried, constantly turning his head and body to keep as much of the immediate area visible as possible, it's only by the sheer fortune of a sudden twitch that he receives enough warning to duck and turn, avoiding a claw swipe and staring into the eyes of the reptile. Time seems to stand still for a moment before he slams a Shock forward with his left hand, and a Taser Punch with his right, only for the damn lizard to jump back from the potential pincer move and let the two attacks collide with each other.

25. Latewave

With Hensworth and Adam.

"The main issue is that the one Forge I know best? It's filled with nasty things. That and the fact that we have to go into two other realms to get it working. Water flowing in from Cerulis. Magma from Ferros. Doesn't help that I've heard the places I need their are infested as well. But the one in the Forest? It's got a Broodmother of some sorts. It's not very pretty at all."

With Adeline

Thoth smiles.

"I've seen them before. What was their species named? Hmm, Mycotia's I believe. Nasty little buggers. They live underground and poison people. For the most part they depend on their spores but sometimes may know magic. Depends if it's got a tribe leader smart enough. I'd recommend a good gas mask and a flamethrower for making them suffer. But I've got the feeling that you've your own ways of dealing with them."

With Damien.

Boom. A loud reverb passes through the area. You created a shock wave with that attack. Actually managing to nail the Rath into a tree by accident. It's dazed slightly and is wobbling to and fro. Seems you may have burst it's eardrums.

+10% to Thunderclap progress.

Right now would be a good time to get a few punches in.

With Brad

You got a Thing.
    +20% to Backdraft.
    +Progress on Minions.
    360 gold.

It's Raining hard now. Any battles right now have a nearly 200% bonus to Gale. But with the side effect of you minions being slower now because of the rain absorption.

Light flashes as you see on the other side of the cliff a Large Wolflike abomination. When the lightning strikes again you can't see it.

Wonder what it was.

26. SupahKiven

Hensworth taps his chin in thought. "Hmm... I think the best course of action, if we are going to, would be to clear out the one here in the Forest first, then work on the other two. Since, you know, we're already here." He leans over to whisper in Adam's ear. "What's a broodmother?"

27. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Rushing forward to take full advantage of the Raths incapacitation, Damien starts raining down Taser Punches as fast as he can on the beasts extremities while continuously Shocking its center of mass. As it finally swipes at him, seemingly desperate to get away, he jumps back, slamming a Shock Wave off at much closer range.

Keeping alert, he watches the lizard for any charges, prepping another Shock if needed. "Well...certainly seems to be a tough specimen. I'm already looking forward to what I can learn from it."

28. Moronis

Adam glances over at Hensworth upon hearing of the Broodmother. The news is a bit worrying, as that implies something that has children and plenty of them. Which means they may need to get some back up after all. Still though, early days to be making plans quite yet. More information is required firstly.
    "Alright then. You say Broodmother. That there tells me it's a capable of having kids and lots of them. So, average birth and gestation time of the species and how long has that there critter been holed up in your forge?"

29. Sargon of Akkad

After the long fight, Brad turns his face towards the sky to wash off all of the dirt and blood on his face. As he lowers his head, he notices the wolfish thing on the other side of the canyon. Despite its foul silhouette, he isnt afraid really. Victory over three stone golems will have that effect. He looks at his minions, proud of the effort that they put in, and how well they worked as a team. They deserve a rest.

"Thanks a lot you guys. I couldn't have won without you all. Go on back to town, and rest for a bit. I'll be back when I'm ready. If you want, spruce up the apartment a bit. Collect some stuff. I'll call you if things get too hot to handle."

Bidding his minions adieu, Brad faces south along the cliff face. Might as well see if there are anymore golems to fight. He runs off at a fast pace in the rain.

30. MasterBlade

"A flamethrower? I have one down in the place already working on it. How about you teach me how to make one of my own?"

And where is courier with that gas mask quote? Did he get lost on the way to the store?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.