1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfic Search Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Biigoh, Jan 13, 2015.

1. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Looking for a Harry Potter one-shot.

It basically went like this; Harry mastered Occlumency because Dumbledore always obliviated (here occlumency negates it) him when it came to a certain topic. Which was IIRC Sirius taking custody of Harry, he went into what Sirius did up until his imprisonment, why Remus couldn't look after him (implied to have been trafficking drugs), went through the others sordid affairs, and how his mother looked at the birthrate of the purebloods then created a futa spell in response to it and making it her job to impregnate some women (Molly, Narcissa)...

Then Dumbledore gives some kind of alcohol to Harry to celebrate his mastery of Occlumency.

Swift17, RazielofSecrets and Ddmkm122 like this.
  2. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Odd Ideas Ch. 147: Knowledge is Painful by Rorschach's Blot.

3. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

4. ward201

ward201 he/him

Peggysue xander recuse tara from her family, she sees it as a kidnapping by a deamon but goes anlog with it anway

5. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  6. The Halfa Wannabe

The Halfa Wannabe Halfa is now Dark Lord of the House Elves Gone for Good

Naruto Story that just popped in my head and I want to find. Sakura gets a wake up call about clans when it's revealed that Uchiha eat their dead. Something about hiding their secrets and nourishing the clan and one of the things that fucked with Sasuke is that he couldn't properly see to his clan's dead. She is even more shocked to find out that not only did Naruto know about this practice but he even partook in the practice once when an uchiha mentor of his died. (He's also the one to realize that Sasuke couldn't have ate everybody that died)

7. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Time MixUp by Lucilia.

8. The Halfa Wannabe

RazielofSecrets and Ddmkm122 like this.
  9. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

I am a font of useless trivia.

10. The Halfa Wannabe

Just remember that if it helps someone it isn't useless.

11. steamrick

steamrick Matter: protons, electrons, neutrons and morons

Very much so.

Earlier today I sent my dad a link to a very interesting but ultimately trivia video... or so I thought. (This video)

Turns out... it's completely relevant to what he's working on right now. The more you learn...

12. The Halfa Wannabe

Hmm. Very interesting. What's he working on?

13. Sordid Snake

Sordid Snake (Verified Viper)

A while back I had to reinstall my browser and managed to lose some bookmarks, among those these three fanfics:

1) Bleach 'semi SI'. Protagonist has pre-knowledge from watching (or reading) Bleach. He appears just before the beginning of the events and somehow gets powers: One of them that he can make a van behave like the Ghostriders bike, burning wheels, travel up buildings and all, which he of course uses to wreck the shit out of a skyscraper. I think he gets taken in by Urahara and the gang at his shop. Pretty long.
    Searched through FF for Bleach SIs without result.

2) UK Army patrol gets transported from Northen Ireland to Ankh-Morpork, L1A1s and all, to the consternation of the City Guard and the Assassins. There was also a side plot with some UU researchers? recreating the plot from Aliens with metal shopping carts in the role of Xenomorphs. Also pretty long.
    All combos of Ankh-Morpork, Discworld, patrol, army, rifles, northen ireland, belfast, etc at FF yields nothing :(

3) This last one is the one that confuses me the most. I read it, and when I wanted to go back to write down some funny quotes I could not find them. It is a slapstick crack fic where Ranma Saotome replaces Shinji Ikari in NGE. Quite a few chapters, goes through a lot of the angels, but uncompleted. "Easy peasy!" you say. "It must be https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6434872/1/Switching-Places-Evangelion by Greylle/Greyff". Not so fast. I have reread it, and I can not find the scenes that I wanted to quote! I even downloaded it as a epub to use search on it without success.

The two scenes are. First one in the command center where Ranma says that the angel-of-the-week looks like a tentacle monster and there is some talk about girl schools.

The second 'scene' is an entire arc. Ranma and Rei get drunk on Misatos booze. Naturally the alarm comes, and they stagger to the Geofront. "All our pilots are falling-down-drunk! What to do!" Ranma is tossed into the EVA and prepared for ejection anyhow. Unsurprisingly Ranma can beat the angel even while drunk. During the fight Rei beats up several security men when they try to take her vodka bottle away from her.

I have found a 'Rei gets drunk' episode in 'Switching Places' but its during downtime and not during an angel attack. Has someone else written something so similar to Switching Places that I got them mixed up? Did Greylle rewrite it and remove these scenes? Did I imagine the whole thing?

Help me QQers, You're my only hope!

Edited. #1 and #2 found!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  14. tighearnach

tighearnach melancholy

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/SlippingBetweenWorlds
    Is the closest I can find to a match for your second, in a couple minutes of searching at least.
    I'm not going to try searching for the others.

15. Sordid Snake

Sordid Snake (Verified Viper)

Yay! that does indeed look like #2! Thanks!
    Time to bookmark and back up the bookmarks this time.

Actually you found both #1 and #2: The link to tvtropes made me remember that I used to trawl 'tropes for fanfic recommendations. And I rapidly found #1: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/OneFootAnotherMultiverseSI I didn't remember it was a multiverse fic since I was still in the Bleach arc.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  16. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

I'm trying to remember a fic where an insanely powerful and horribly evil self insert is interacting with Coil from Worm when Tattletale mouths off to him. In response he (the SI) removes her limbs and give her to the mercs for the night as an onahole as punishment.

It might be the same fic where hundreds of people are inserted into Worm simultaniously and each choose a canon power. The MC gets Glaistig Uaine and immediately starts killing everyone for their powers.

17. Valor

Valor Versed in the lewd.

Here you go. ---> Link

18. Ergoan

Ergoan Versed in the lewd.

does anyone know about a Si trapped in a kryptonian battle suit in young justice verse for the life of me i just can't find it.

19. steamrick

steamrick Matter: protons, electrons, neutrons and morons

I can think of two fics where various people have gotten trapped inside Power Girl, but not a kryptonian battle suit...

20. Ergoan

it started with him in cadmus with them trying to get into the suit they couldn't even damage the paint on it. thats all i remember about it.

21. WIP

WIP Making the rounds.

22. Ergoan

23. DJ Heroin

DJ Heroin Getting out there.

looking for a WH40k SI. SIimmediately gets a bunch of shit including a custom ship from mars and a warrant from the emperor. I recall the author stating this was cause he'd just off himself in 40k otherwise; it'd just not be worth getting killed by the inquisition trying to change things otherwise. one of the SI's companions was a way high ranked Mechanicus as well. Thanks for any help!

24. Valor

Valor Versed in the lewd.

Emperor Tippy
    https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/exploring-hell-40k-si.407714/

25. PerfectlyNormalOwl

PerfectlyNormalOwl Know what you're doing yet?

So I finally decided to actually watch Fate/Zero after years of backlog, and I remembered a fate fic I started reading years ago but never finished. I think it was on fanfiction.net but not entirely sure and couldn't find it again.

From what I remember:

Shirou somehow travels back in time to Arturia's time. Except he's early and manages to draw the sword from the stone shortly before Arturia would have. Merlin shows up and takes him aside and accuses him of being a timetraveler. He's also pretty angry/annoyed that his plans for Arturia were derailed. (Merlin may or may not turn into a dragon to scare/threaten Shirou... Not entirely sure that happened in this fic)

And that's about it. Not sure what it was called or how long it was. It's been at least 1-2 years since I read it, but it's probably older given my crappy memory.:(

Any help finding it would be appreciated!

26. doug89

I've misplaced a Worm smut-fic. Two or three chapters of Aisha aka Imp using her stranger power to have unaware sex with Glory Girl, Panacea, and Laser Dream.

27. inphernalmenace

inphernalmenace I trust you know where the happy button is?

RazielofSecrets, Ddmkm122 and doug89 like this.
  28. doug89

29. doug89

I'm looking for a specific Naruto fanfiction author on fanfiction.net. He wrote a lot of overpowered Naruto/Hinata stuff. One major detail I remember is that Hinata treated Naruto like a teddy bear (lots of hugging and snuggling) and had a pet name for him, and I think also stroked his whiskers a lot, which would make him purr, and she would exclaim "cute!" or something.

A few of this author's fics shared this.

I think in one of his fics they (Naruto, Hinata, and co.) tamed tigers from the forest of death and kept them as pets.

Edit: perfect_shade on SB found it was TheBeardedOne. It had everything I was looking for except the whiskers/stroking/purring/'cute!' thing. That must be from something else.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  30. HellMourne

HellMourne Getting sticky.

Okay, been trying to track down a worm story I read awhile ago and my google-fu has failed me, it features a scene where vista basically slaughters a crowd of armed gang members with a knife after Bakuda bombs the school that she was at during Bakuda's bombing spree. Anyone know what story this is from?

Ddmkm122, macdjord and doug89 like this.