1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

This is what I love most about E3: not the stuff I was anticipating, but the stuff that came totally out of left field. GG Microsoft. I’m not spending a dime on your games but GG anyways.

vyor likes this.
  2. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

Are you really surprised? Meme magic was proven years ago.

3. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Just watched the Devolver conference. Holy shit, those guys are nuts.

awesomecow, Jiven and Lady Vanatos like this.
  4. Lucky-38

Lucky-38 On the house.

Ooh, those are the Reigns and Downwell guys, right?

I have put 56 hours into Downwell.

5. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I haven't seen that one yet but I rather liked Bethesda's self-depreciating sense of humor. Todd even took a shot at himself for the "It just works" meme from the Fallout 4 reveal.

"Alexa, play Skyrim!"

Jiven likes this.
  6. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Well, dunno about self-aware, but devolver start things with snapping someone's neck. Talk about going in with a bang.

Jiven and Lady Vanatos like this.
  7. Lady Vanatos

Lady Vanatos Cancer of Society

While I don't personally enjoy Bethestha RPG's, I can definitely understand the hype for a new Elder Scrolls, even if it isn't coming out anytime soon.

8. tertius

tertius drunken shitposter extraordinaire

It's real. Alexa for Android should be able to run it, but it would need a newer version than I have.

ESO: Summerset is great with a lot of changes that were considered to be in the 'never ever' category, but the trailer at E3 spoiled pretty much all previous plots. Murkmire was also long in coming, it was canned when Craglorn didn't pan out as intended and parts of it salvaged for the Shadows of the Hist DLC dungeons.

Legends is in a good place, but the studio developing it this far has been replaced with another for reasons probably related to them being busy with their own original card game, and the new studio has no history in the genre so the next expansion has people worried about balance.

Quake Champions saw major rebalancing and is free to pick up this week, with characters now being permanently unlockable with Favor gained in matches instead of just rentable, with weekly free champion rotation. Stats have been evened out to equal max/starting HP and light/med/heavy armor capacity and movement, and active abilities can be disabled before match.

I'll probably take a look at the rest when they're closer to release, none of it struck me as completely uninteresting.

9. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

They open it with a guy having his fucking neck broken.

Favorite publisher.

awesomecow and Lady Vanatos like this.
  10. Lucky-38

Lucky-38 On the house.

11. Jimmy

Jimmy Unassuming Corgi

So that Squeenix conference was poo. They barley announced any new games, just reshowed the same KH3 trailer microsoft had, and made no mention of the FF7 remake.

Why did they even bother having a conference?

12. Lady Vanatos

I thought it was just okay. They got in, showed what they wanted, and got the fuck out. No bullshit or anything like that. I can respect that much at the very least.

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  13. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

It's a rare thing nowadays to cut out the bullshit time wasters and actually talk about the product and actually show it off on it's own merits.

At least that's what I think happened when reading some people's comments about EA so far.

korat56 and Lady Vanatos like this.
  14. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I came into the Sony press conference right in the middle of what turned out to be the Death Stranding trailer and I see I was right to have zero interest in this game because it looks boring as fuck aside from the trippy Kojima acid trip nonsense.

edit

Oh but Spider Man is right after that. Much better.

Lady Vanatos and korat56 like this.
  15. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

An open world scifi game with a trippy story and what looks to be interesting mechanics is... boring?

16. Lady Vanatos

To be fair, as gorgeous as it looked. It just looked like a walking simulator for the most part.

awesomecow likes this.
  17. korat56

korat56 Well worn.

Am i the only one who thinks resident evil 2 remake looks uglier that remake on the game cube, And why change Claire's jacket and sherry's clothes what reason do they have, Also "will you help me" sherry ran away in the first game personality's seem to have been changed it looks to me like a re4 style game and i was hoping for more like the original remake.

18. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Yeah, he spent like two minutes of the trailer just walking across empty landscapes doing nothing of interest. I thought I was looking at one of those artistic indie exploration games like Journey at first. And then the rest of it was babies in tanks and ghosts on umbilical cords and girls eating bugs in slow motion. Is it supposed to be a selling point that this game looks weird as fuck? Because that just tells me that it has nothing else going for it.

Lady Vanatos likes this.
  19. Lady Vanatos

Eh, I don't really know. I wished we'd see some gameplay of it but oh well.

20. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Much like Breath of the Wild looks like a walking simulator.

All open world games do.

*shrugs*
    I don't know, but I think it was more of a worldbuilding and character building trailer than anything else.

I mean, we got a lot of info on norman's character, didn't we? He has a family, he comes back after death, he delivers things, he has allies.

We also got info on what the machine on his back does: show the monsters. It also explains where those craters come from and establishes that it will be more of a stealth game than an action one.

*sighs*
    People don't pay any fucking attention anymore.

aquinas and Jiven like this.
  21. Lady Vanatos

I see what you mean but, I don't know, it seems like one of those games that I'll be more interested in the story than playing the actual game but knowing Kojima, I'm sure it'll turn out fine. I wished it had just shown actual gameplay mechanics and how it would work exactly.

22. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Eh, it's E3. Beta footage all the way.

Jiven and Lady Vanatos like this.
  23. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

To games I don't care about, sure. I was never going to buy this game no matter what E3 said about it, not when its entire hype train has been built on "it's Hideo Kojima's acid trip" and that's it. I don't have any fucks to give about what goes on in Kojima's head, I don't follow any of his games. Give me actual compelling reasons to care.

awesomecow and wayne82444 like this.
  24. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

Sony should have cut the talking head bullshit. Would have elevated them a lot. Right now best conference is between Ubisoft and Microsoft, and I really didn't expect that.

25. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Right, I remember why I don't like you now.

26. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

You don't like him because he wants to know more about the game than who made it? Because as it stands I'm rather with him on that- the person who made a game will never convince me to buy it. Give me news on what the game is about instead, what type of game it is, and what sets it apart from other games of the same type. That is what will make me think of buying it.

korat56 and Smuthunter like this.
  27. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Alright, it's Nintendo time! Time for some live reactions.

Daemon x Machina looks an awful lot like a more stylized Armored Core. Weird choice to open the show with though.

Xenoblade DLC continues to impress, looks like we're getting some whole new combat mechanics and such. This got leaked a few weeks ago though so not a big surprise.

Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee - They're just giving Mew away with every pokeball accessory? Really?

Oh hey, its Mario Party.

FUCK YEAH FIRE EMBLEM. Holy shit it looks like we're dealing with actual armies now, not just a bunch of individual units. Unit formations? Damn, it's a Spring 2019 release.

Fortnite. Meh. A couple of indie games. Double meh. Hard to get excited for those after Fire Emblem

Ocotopath Traveller due out in July, that's good news.

Starlink looks cool, I'd probably pick that one up even without the Star Fox content.

They're blowing through a ton of little announcements. The World Ends With You looks cool -- WAIT WAIT MEGAMAN 11 IN AUGUST FUCK YEAH.

SMASH BROS TIME. Looks like the entire old cast is back from all previous games. Title is Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Mario has Cappy. Link is BotW version. His bombs can be remotely detonated, and you can swap his costume out for the traditional greens. Ike has both his Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn versions. Charge moves can power up in midair now. Marth is voiced in English now! Zelda is from A Link Between Worlds, not Breath of the Wild. That's a little disappointing. Pokemon Trainer can be male or female now. Young Link is back! Looks like Wolf isn't just a Fox clone anymore. Rodin is in as an assist trophy. Protoman and Bass join Team Mega in Mega Man's final smash.

Daisy is in as a clone of Peach. Clones are now called Echo Fighters and their moves have different characteristics that make them handle differently. Inkling can ink opponenets to boost the damage they take. Squid Sisters are in as an assist trophy.

KO'ing certain assist trophies can give you points. SURPRISE BOMBERMAN CAMEO.

Looks like they're not doing the endless hype train this year. Unless they have a bunch of new characters they're adding...?

ONE MORE ANNOUNCEMENT

Oh shit, it's Ridley! RIDLEY CONFIRMED FOR SMASH!

Release date... DECEMBER 7.

Well fuck, no Pyra and Mythra. That sucks hardcore. Maybe they'll be announced as DLC characters.

And that's it, we're on the Treehouse Live now. Anyone else have thoughts about it?

28. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Who say they won't reveal more fighters until then?

29. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Read what I quoted.
    That tells me he doesn't care about what the game might be, doesn't care how much they show(they showed a lot already), he just wants to shit on it because it has a bit of hype.

aquinas likes this.
  30. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Sakurai made it sound like their focus was on getting the entire cast of the old games into Ultimate, not on piling on a bunch of new characters. The rumor mill says a lot of stuff in this game was made to appeal to the hardcore Melee crowd, hence things like the Gamecube controller adapter getting special attention and stuff like that, so that's probably going to be higher on their priority list too.

That being said I'm not convinced this is everything there is to see. Some of the best fighters in Smash Bros Wii-U were DLC content. Once the base game is totally nailed down I would be surprised if Sakurai didn't turn his attention to adding new fighters. At the very least there has to be a demand for some of the new pokemon from Sun and Moon. Maybe we'll wind up getting that hype train after all.