1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

With an Eevee twist if you don't want pika.

Honestly, fuck pikachu I would kill Lance with a Sylveon if I get that game and laugh as he can't do shit to it.

2. Jimmy

Jimmy Unassuming Corgi

Unfortunately it looks like both of the Let's Go! titles will only have the original 151 plus any event Pokemon they decide to add. So no murderous Sylveon for you.

3. OverReactionGuy

...Fuck you gamefreak for ruining my dreams.

4. Swaggy-G

Swaggy-G Know what you're doing yet?

Does anyone else think that the new Pokemon looks like a 3DS game? I'm actually pretty bothered by it, Sun and Moon unironically looked better.

5. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Never played any of the 3DS Pokémon titles so all I can say is that it looks great compared to the last game I played, which was... Ruby? I think? Anyways the full preview said that the real Switch Pokémon game was still coming in 2019 so I’m not bothered if a spin-off doesn’t look like the latest and greatest next-gen thing.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Nanimani likes this.
  6. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

I got back into Pokémon two years ago by emulating Diamond and then getting a 3DS and all of Gen 6. Six months later, I grabbed an old DS Lite, carts of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (in retrospect, these were almost certainly bootlegs), and digital versions of Sun and Moon; and last winter I picked up the original Ruby and Sapphire, an SP, and Soul Silver. I'm still working my way through all of those and haven't even thought of purchasing the Ultra duo or anything from Gen 5.

The last Pokémon games I played before that were emulated Emerald (12 years ago) and Gold/Silver/Crystal + Stadium 2 (when they were still current).

7. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

I bought a New 3DS specifically for Moon in 2016, and I can say with confidence: Hell no. From the look of the trailer, everything looks smooth as fuck. I mean, seriously, look at video from a Sun or Moon LP and compare it to that footage.

The models are way blockier, the textures are flat and you can see the pixel outlines on limbs. The 3DS is a pretty impressive handheld, but it is still a handheld, it doesn't have the resolution or the power that the Switch is capable of. Seriously, the Switch has close to 150% pixel density on the 3DS, to say nothing of the fact that you can hook it up to a TV.

EDIT: quoted the wrong person.

8. Jimmy

Jimmy Unassuming Corgi

Sun & Moon was a step up but this is like a 5 minute elevator ride up in terms of graphical jump. I really hope gen 8 will look like the Let's Go! series, smooth as hell.

9. Swaggy-G

Swaggy-G Know what you're doing yet?

Well obviously the switch can handle higher resolutions, but artstyle plays a much role imo. Compare the environments of SM to these blocky things we saw in the trailer. Yes, the game is a pseudo-remake of gen 1, but still... It really looks like someone emulated a 3ds game and just upped the resolution. It may be more impressive than SM on a technical level, but it's just not doing it for me. Hell, the entire game isn't doing it for me, I'm kinda disappointed.

10. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

The Pokemon Let's Go game was leaked on on 4chan on the first of April in hilarious but nobody believed them.

The trailers got my attention to some other games on the console too, like Pokken Tournament. That thing looks fun as hell.

I have the urge to buy it, but then I look at my 3Ds that was forgotten since sometime after I finished Moon in Summer last year.

Hell I only own and played Moon and a bit of Paper Mario.. that one was for my mum.

11. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

So it's finally that time of year again everyone, E3 is upon us once more. What are your hopes and predictions?

For myself: Imma be pissed if Nintendo doesn't tell us something about Fire Emblem Switch. Even if the news is bad I still want to hear it.

Derek58 likes this.
  12. OverReactionGuy

I think the world is going to end when a meteorite hits E3.

(I have never kept track of E3)

13. Derek58

Derek58 Rocket Punch is Best Punch

I really want info from CD Projekt Red on Cyberpunk.

14. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Death Stranding Death Stranding Death Stranding Death Stranding Death Stranding

15. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

I'm predicting E3 will hand out Lootboxes with swag in them, then let people buy more lootboxes if they didn't like what they got from their 1 free one per day! Of course all the lootbox swag will only be inside the lootboxes, so no one can just buy that exclusive poster of the newly announced game they want from a stand or something, no, have to buy more lootboxes instead! It is all about giving the attendees a feeling of pride and accomplishment after all!

Smuthunter and Deathwings like this.
  16. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

KH 3 news, more gameplay or story about this weird fanfic crossover.

I've also heard that a Warriors Orochi 4 is in the works, and we're going to be able to fight the Olympians!

I want a Kratos expy.

17. OverReactionGuy

18. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

Something about Cyberpunk 2077 would be sweet.
    Also, Bethesda is there so who knows, maybe a new elder scrolls title will be announced.
    I'm not sure Piranha Bytes will be there, but it would be interesting to hear if there is any news about a sequel to Elex.
    Finally, I'd really like to hear what Bioware is up to. I heard that there wouldn't be a new mass effect game due to how badly Andromeda failed which I found kinda sad. I've always liked the ME games, and I actually enjoyed Andromeda so far (Not completely through yet, but what I've seen up to now is ok) It's certainly not the best game ever but I've had fun blasting aliens to bits.

It's funny, I don't actually play that many video games anymore since I don't really have the time, but keeping up with all the new games is still exciting somehow.

19. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

YES!

20. Teln

Teln Pweeease?

There'll probably be some KH3 news, maybe another gameplay trailer if we're lucky. I'm crossing my fingers for more Classic WoW news but not really expecting any until Blizzcon at the earliest. FFXV will likely get a sequel (or four). Half-Life 3 gets confirmed.

21. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

Some news about Duke Nukem ForeverKH3 would be nice.

22. Jimmy

Jimmy Unassuming Corgi

Gimme them juicy smash details nintendo. Is this just an updated roster or a full new game?
    Need the KH3 release date or I will just convince myself it's never coming.
    I've heard some rumors that Rare's been either working on a Conker sequel or spiritual successor and I would be 100% down for that.
    And I hope Devolver has just gone 300% off the rails because their conferences are some of the funniest shit in the world.

23. BrokenAscendent

BrokenAscendent Filthy Heretic Moderator

I've been napping.

How's E3 going for microsoft?

24. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

Well the KH fans are currently screaming in both joy and absolute pain.

SO that's something.

How're you doing?

25. BrokenAscendent

Still tired.

Quite sad its sunday.

Hearing some stuff about the new fallout game, dunno how that'll go though.

Rexis12 likes this.
  26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Recapping what I’ve seen:

Release date is set for January 29 2019.

Frozen confirmed for a full world. Simba is back as a summon. Gummi ship segments are back.

Aqua appears to have fallen to darkness. Yellow eyes and all.

I know a bunch of people are going to be hype as fuck for this.

Jiven, Teln and Rexis12 like this.
  27. BrokenAscendent

Wait yo Devil May Cry 5!

I'm into this shit.

28. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

Gameplay seems to be very similar to DMC 4.

But the look of Nero with the Crew Cut?

I don't like it, that and the uh... Robo Demon Arm? Feels like an attempt of combination of DmC with DMC and it feels off.

29. Lucky-38

Lucky-38 On the house.

[​IMG]

Holy fuck the absolute madmen.

vyor, Drak4806, Deathwings and 2 others like this.
  30. BrokenAscendent

Hmmm.

I approve.

Good E3.

Good games.