1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Well, maybe, but I do remember last game had Megaman introduced at E3, then they went and revealed more new fighters later on.

To keep up the hype, I would not be surprised if they kept a few surprises in store to reveal during the wait.

2. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Yeah I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but it would have been nice to get confirmation right away. Pyra and Mythra would work great as a transforming fighter like Shiek and Zelda.

3. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Unless they put in Rex who can switch between them.

Anyway, as far as teh new Fire Emblem go, I'm going to guess some people are already shipping the Princess MC and the teacher/player unit.

4. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

Time to main Lucario!

I actually hope this pisses off the elite Melee crowd, since putting in the old characters means they have no excuse to play Melee and be a bunch of whiney babies any more. And I bet the new controllers they are making don’t have the defect Melee players rely on to play the game wrong.

5. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I could see Rex being interesting if he has a Pokemon Trainer relationship with Pyra and Mythra, so they stand in the background and give him support and if he fights near them he gets stronger or something like that. Otherwise I'd want them to be separate characters.

Yeah that's a sucker's bet.

There's not a huge amount of info since people haven't really started picking apart the trailer frame by frame yet but I already see command options of a basic attack, magic, combat arts, and formation. It looks like formation will have something to do with the troops that accompany your units on the field now, probably making you more or less vulnerable to certain kinds of attacks and getting status buffs and such. Combat arts I'm going to guess are an expansion on the skills from previous games. Magic being its own separate thing is interesting because the character doesn't appear to be holding any staves.

I do see that Edelgard's equipped weapons all have durability numbers, so breakable weapons are a thing again. Hopefully any special weapons like Falchion will be unbreakable, I hated that mechanic with a vengeance when it made me lose the Mani Katti early on way back in Blazing Blade.

Lady Vanatos likes this.
  6. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

The controllers don't have a defect, what are you talking about? The techs they use are all ingame bugs(some of which were brought into smash 4 as features). Wavedashing was in brawl as well IIRC. Most melee players find brawl to be inferior because of things like tripping and the balance issues the game has(meta-knight is meta-op).

Honestly if you're going to try to piss on the esports guys at least get your facts straight.

7. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

8. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Ah yes, that one.

The one involving controllers that are actually made to spec where most controller's have too much spring in the stick.

The one where the input is a completely intended mechanic that doesn't work because most controllers aren't designed for it.

Ya, I can understand why not having a controller that works would make someone drop out of a tournie. Of course, you can actually do the tech with a normal controller too, it's just harder.

So again: you don't know what you're talking about.

9. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

Yeah, the melee thing is a combination of a) the game's threshold for some moves is too narrow for the hardware to nail reliably, b) first gen controllers had inferior sticks, and c) the hardware is inconsistent and the input required to perform those moves varies between one controller and the next.

In other words, poor quality control plus a demand to be able to reliably do those moves equals most cube controllers fail to perform.

vyor likes this.
  10. Jimmy

Jimmy Unassuming Corgi

I'm sure there will be at least 2-3 more new characters before they go to DLC. This roster is enormous but they probably feel the need to add new faces as well.

(Nintendo please, gimme shovel knight. I need it!)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  11. Lady Vanatos

Lady Vanatos Cancer of Society

Found this for ya:

korat56 likes this.
  12. korat56

korat56 Well worn.

Thank you for trying but its not for me, notice how the player went out of his way to miss shot's and only hit limb's this will be a cake walk when you can get easy head shot's even without a spin kick. Also no mention of puzzle's at all i think this is more a resident evil 5 and 6 game.

I wanted an old school survival horror, Disappointing as the game is to me i hope you enjoy it.

Lady Vanatos likes this.
  13. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

He specifically said there would be puzzles.

14. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

So on the whole I think I was kind of disappointed by Nintendo's presentation. I know that they're moving away from having all of their announcements at E3 and I think they made a point of announcing Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee a week or two before the event specifically because they only really wanted to show off Smash Bros this time. From their perspective this was probably exactly what they wanted to do. That doesn't mean I'm not feeling a little gypped though. Aside from Smash, the Xenoblade DLC, and Fire Emblem there wasn't much to get excited about, and I think I'm more hyped for Kingdom Hearts 3 alone than I am for the whole Nintendo presentation.

John At Dawn likes this.
  15. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Hey guys, Compile Hearts is offering a new game! Main character as a guy, party members seem to be witches. Also plenty of dragons. Main theme being witches and dragons. Seems pretty cute, right?

Well, too bad.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/19/varnir-dragon-star-gruesome-dragon-babies-eat-way-witches/

For the first paragraph...

Presentation video:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Salbazier likes this.
  16. BrokenAscendent

BrokenAscendent Filthy Heretic Moderator

17. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Fucking hell Compile Heart. Stop giving me Mood Whiplash with your super Moe gruesome stories already.

18. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

NEVA!

Is what they would say to you.

Conquest Nepgear: -cries-

19. BrokenAscendent

I liked that ending.

OverReactionGuy and Salbazier like this.
  20. Salbazier

Salbazier Posting while Hot

Contemplating on whether I should get soon-to-be-released Shining Resonance Refrain, purely for the sake of elven ears (okay elven breast designed by Tony Taka) and Saori Hayami

But 1) money 2) time

Me too.

MmmApplePie likes this.
  21. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

There's a demo of it for the Switch at least. I was pretty meh on it myself. The MC kinda came off like a weiner. :V

22. Salbazier

I don't have Switch unfortunately.

Eh, who cares about the male lead. :V it's the haremette that's matters. Sides MC is a dragon. Since I don't expect anything from him that sounds good enough.

Well, maybe I better wait/check reviews and such first. 'Sides with Summer Sale Coming I'm not strapped for choice (but surely strapped for cash)

MmmApplePie likes this.
  23. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

*Check what said ending is all about*

:eek:

You monsters...

OverReactionGuy and Salbazier like this.
  24. Salbazier

I am also waiting eagerly for that new Compile Heart game. I hope it delivers.

25. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Crack open your wallets boys and girls, the Steam Summer Sale is upon us!

Salbazier likes this.
  26. BrokenAscendent

Breaking the cutie is a trope for a reason.

Salbazier likes this.
  27. Salbazier

Since this is QQ I don't need to hold back.

I'm literary sadomasochist. I enjoys seeing my characters putting trough the wringers and tragedies of their live and beyond; and I enjoyed that sweet, cathartic, pain of my heart being pull and torn and ripped seeing the suffering of my beloved characters. :p

I also like sugary sweet fuwa fuwa stuffs so it's all okay, since I keep a balanced nutrition diet. :)

EDIT: oh, and seeing my favorite characters turn into monster that torment my other beloved characters is much love too :cool:

28. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

I like seeing characters go through absolute hell so long as they get out wiser and stronger for it in the end.

Jiven likes this.
  29. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

The male lead matters because that's who the story is inevitably going to focus all of its attention on. :V I don't want to play as a whiny little bitch or be forced to endure a whiny bitch being the focus of the entire story, it would take some seriously amazing waifus to make me put up with that.

30. Salbazier

Well, I don't want to buy this game for you to play it so ... :V

Lucky-38 likes this.