1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

QQ Pride! Questionable Merchandise!

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by tehelgee, Apr 1, 2019.

1. CorruptKing

CorruptKing Best Ass of Sin

[​IMG]

Above is how I imagine the mods and admins feel after the April Fool's joke about QQ merch suddenly became a genuine business propostion. :p

Ddmkm122, macdjord and Alayne like this.
  2. Student of Zelretch

Student of Zelretch Put the ice back on my lake. Moderator

Question now becomes if they raise the commission on the things enough to pay some of the server costs...

Ddmkm122 and january1may like this.
  3. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. sunandshadow

sunandshadow Impractical Fantasy Animal

I got april fooled - I was going to offer to help design a sex toy. :oops: :D

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. rocket501

rocket501 Versed in the lewd.

Could anyone explain the Tanuki thing? That reference went right over my head...

I must admit that while I am not planning on buying one now, the water bottle design is quite nice.

Ddmkm122 and january1may like this.
  6. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

There are noh tanuki here. Only fluffy mods!

[​IMG]

Ddmkm122, Colafusion, Imabot and 4 others like this.
  7. CorruptKing

Biigoh is our Tanuki Overlord. *paws in the air* HAIL HIS FLUFFINESS! LONG MAY HE NIBBLE!

Ddmkm122, Colafusion and Imabot like this.
  8. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

People like to joke about making stew out of Biigoh, our tanuki moderator.

For some reason.

9. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

Cause Tanuki Hotpot is delish!

Ddmkm122, Colafusion and CorruptKing like this.
  10. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Look at that gilgamesh telling fibs!

Ddmkm122 and Imabot like this.
  11. Student of Zelretch

[​IMG]

Overall, the base waterbottle appears decent and durable. However, the "Questionable" color is both very similar to the base bottle, and pitted. The "questing," on the other hand, is both beautiful & looks cleanly applied. I am unsure as to the durability of the bottle, though the 'instructions' deem it appropriate for cold liquids & hand washing. Will most likely end up using it for water & alcoholic beverages, and should it start to show deterioration quickly (may end up machine washing for destructive testing purposes) will update you all then. The words are either some form of epoxy or plastic applied, not a paint as it appeared in the picture; as such, they act as a fair grip enhancer (though they are more likely to be chipped off.)

12. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

It does look about like the generated image paints it to look. Hopefully it stays good and useful.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. Student of Zelretch

The real question: should I use it for my BYOB business law exam review? I don’t know how stainless will interact with beer...

Ddmkm122 and Alayne like this.
  14. The Halfa Wannabe

The Halfa Wannabe Halfa is now Dark Lord of the House Elves Gone for Good

I want that Laifu Waifu cup so much...

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. CorruptKing

You mean Bar Review?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. Student of Zelretch

Nah, business department required course, which largely consists of our (lawyer) professor telling stories about him, his friends, and his ex-wife’s misadventures with the law - and either how they got out of it, why they were arrested, or how he used technicalities to win court battles with his ex-wife. He gave us the option to have a review in the classroom or a ‘review’ BYOB barbecue in the park across from campus, with the sheriffs department apparently providing meat.
    after the class ends, I’ll ask if I can have blanks of his exams and upload them (65% of the exam questions are supposedly based on reality.)

Ddmkm122, january1may and Alayne like this.
  17. CorruptKing

...I'm impressed he hasn't been disbarred? And simultaneously incredibly curious.

I'm currently in law school so I've read some fuckin weird and usually depressing court cases (those are the ones that tend to set important precedents in common law), but sometimes professors share interestingly weird stories of their own.

For example, my criminal law professor last semester told us a story about a former student of his who got arrested for a DUI because he had weed in his system. Said former student was a Defense Attorney who specialized in DUI clients (considering it's Wisconsin, it's pretty lucrative I'm sure). And the whole reason it came up is my professor was explaining the different types of DUI charges.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  18. Student of Zelretch

He never talks about clients other than general trends between cases, just personal/familial experience. Additionally, all the stories that contain criminal activity are either very much beyond the statute of limitations, were not criminal activity when the occurred, or have already been tried. This is quite deliberate; just like how he explicitly told us the only reason the bbq is BYOB is so he doesn't have to assume liability for the students if they do something dumb after drinking.
    Edit:
    One of the more verifiable stories:
    So my Law prof & his buddies were boating in Missouri back 'quite a few years.' According to him, the punishment for a DUI at that point were less severe - especially if it was your first local offense. As such, they weren't worried that they all got raging drunk - though the laws on marine sobriety are more stringent than those on land. However, when they got back to land, they encountered local law enforcement. Now, the guy who was driving the boat has a masters in mechanical engineering... But he's also from West Virginia. And he never lost the accent... So even to the cop he sounded like a hick. So the cop essentially asked this friend, "Joe," if he could count from 1 to 100. Joe got a really thoughtfully look on his face, nodded, and confidently drawled
    "Usually."
    Joe spent that night in jail, and my professor, "Jeff," bailed him out the next day. Well, Jeff thought the whole incident was fairly funny, so he contacted the arresting sherrifs office, asking for the mugshot. The officer on duty esentially said
    "I need a reason to do that, why do you want it?"
    "Well, I found the whole incident pretty funny, so I want to make some T-shirts."
    "Alright, Jeff, I'll send it to you... but I want that shirt."
    Well, my Professor was wearing a shirt with "Free Joe" then a mugshot, then a county jail address on the front, then "can you count from one to one hundred," a glass of whiskey, and "Usually." on the back. as he told this to his business law class.

19. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Stainless is not corroded by beer unless it's a really shitty stainless with too little chromium.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  20. CorruptKing

That is fucking brilliant. Also I want to specify is my criminal law professor was a former Prosecutor and never took on that former student as a client. He also never disclosed any names.

But yeah, your professor sounds like a trip.

Ddmkm122, january1may and Alayne like this.