1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

How I Saved History (Fate/Grand Order SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Charles Flynn, Apr 22, 2020.

1. HelloThereItsMeGeralt

HelloThereItsMeGeralt Know what you're doing yet?

And you have fallen into the shounen trap. Congratulations. Truthfully speaking, Shounen path requires that you have absurd luck and/or gifted in any manner. For people with abysmal luck paired with poor people skills? Flynn's way is the only option. And frankly speaking, Flynn is not an asshole by choice. He has adapted now, otherwise, he felt it that he was wrong. If Flynn forgets this and starts believing that what he does is right, then he deserves what you think he does. Otherwise, its open fest. And ain't it the fairest thing of all?

And whats about Flynn losing this war? He already lost it when he decided to fight it. He will be traumatized, and I feel if it will be time for him to return home:

1) He will reject home because he has changed and his home will no longer be his home.

2) Even if he returns to his home, he will remember all of his, and/or retain the feelings in his home, making his life an absolute wreck. I mean full-on PTSD and stuff making normal life impossible.

And consider this, considering your viewpoint elitist, and by that viewpoint, it is desirable and acceptable to see Flynn lose. But a pragmatist [like Flynn] will consider even your viewpoint acceptable and the corresponding victory if you fight for it.

And people, why do we forget?

>>Battles may be won by the better soldier. Wars are won by those who are willing to sacrifice everything to ensure victory.

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Don't forget that even if he wins the chances of some mage being offended that Flynn saved the world are very high and that said mage would want to harm Flynn for his actions, because most mages are utter bastards.

3. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

And you're right. Logically, it makes sense for Flynn to try his hardest to win and be rewarded for his efforts, even if I don't like how he wins.

I just can't help but reject that because a part of me strongly believes, or rather wishes, that when worst comes to worst, at the eleventh hour, when things are really, really, really bad, humanity will show it's best version. It would, well, present its most kind acts, it's most compassionate, it's most understanding, it's most brave. It's why protagonists like Ritsuka, or Narukami Yu, etc., characters that social-fu their way to victory, appeal to me.

They win because of doing the right thing, the kind thing, the humane thing.

But realistically, well...you don't win by being a good person.

And that's really the crux of it for me.

The ones who save the world aren't people who are heroic as we tend to idolize, but the brutal realists who were most pragmatic.

Charlies is not an escapist VN Protag. He's not a bad person. He's just a normal guy doing his best in a bad situation.

And because SI Protags tend to easily be vessels for the readers (as in, it's easy to imagine yourself in their place), due to relatability, I reject him, and the idea of him winning, because...if I was in his shoes, would I do the same things?

I hate that this story makes me consider that the answer might not be a solid "No".

And there is that too.

You do your best and your reward is to be shot in the back of the head, or taken and experimented on while alive by some shitlord with a stick up their ass that your can see it out of their ears.

4. Princess Celestia

Princess Celestia Supreme Ruler of all of Equestria.

Don't forget everyone being a good person and refusing to flush the Crypters down the toilet is also gonna bite Flynn in the ass where in an Alien God now gets to try his hand at destroying everything.

Like no idea what it would do if it didn't have the Crypters on hand, might just wait for the end of it all or still try.

Also the Crypters are gonna be pissed if Flynn does presumably beat Goatia because all of them combined barely fucking managed if I can recall then we get our one guy who's managing it pretty well with just one of him.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  5. Fire guard

Fire guard Know what you're doing yet?

Mash might not really go to goetia side. Because remember Flynn held her hand at what he thought was their final moment. Maybe that will be what saves the day. Because I can just imagine Mash just having an anime flashback to that moment. Like Mash having a sort of vision like Archer/Shirou had in UBW going all "Thats hell your walking into" to a real or imaginary Flynn who is gonna march off to save humanity.

6. HelloThereItsMeGeralt

So, let Flynn lose and kill off humanity, or let him win so he can be shanked by a toilet brush. Hmmm, the choice is simple, the first. After all, dying off due to Goetia in infinitely better than getting shanked by a toilet brush.

Many pop cultures have destroyed reality for us. His reward for saving humanity is the safety of mankind from Goetia. Not his continued survival. After that, even if there would be no lostbelts, Flynn would have to fight off Mage's Association and their ilk because that will be a war of his survival. No longer humanity, but trying to protect himself will ake him a complete villain because you are supposed to sacrifice for the sake of humanity yes?

As for rejection, yeah it might be considered for you, but the truth is, it is unacceptable because almost everyone hates mirrors. The truth of victories rarely come to light, we very easily venerate normies and the extraordinaries are d**ks. In the worst hour, men are not better than beasts, that's why propaganda exists, to drive men. Just look in your surroundings. Things are not getting any better. People in many places are denying the means to combat and reduce the spread of corona either because they think they will be safe no matter what, or they deny corona. Many people are happy to burrow their heads in the sand and pretend all is well, rather than act in many many problems.

My friend follow Doomslayer, Goblinslayer, Guts and you will find so many disturbing parallels to the reality that it is not funny. People are inherently selfish. Try working for any movement that is not agreeable to local politics, when your family is not of the same background; and see how suddenly your family, the so-called family that is supposed to stand through with you thick and thin becomes your greatest enemy.

VN protagonists in each and every topic are cracks, the stories are crack. Start thinking through in parallel with real-life and suddenly all those heroes appear worse than villains.

I will give a final example, few years back a movie was released, Man of Steel. The execution could have been a lot better, but it was nearest to reality what could have happened. Because Protag of that film was not taught to think like this, he followed the words of a Church priest rather than try to make tactical decisions. Because the truth is, even if you are going for peace you must be ready for war.

Flynn's victory is a very variable thing, if we go for even more realistic story, and the most realistic part would be, replacements are brought in to fight off the Lostbelts who fail extremely miserably. Then Flynn has to be brought back but now he has to work with men who sold him out, who experimented on him, who hate him [he feels the same] against men/women who were the very best and this time the stakes will be even higher. Can you do that Charles Flynn?

And we must keep in mind that if the Crypters cause the Lostbelts, here, maximum chances are to hide their shame, people will blame Flynn for "not taking action" or "hesitating" rather than take responsibility themselves. If Charles Flynn keeps Roman alive, I want to see that retard say regretfully, "I cannot do anything about this. Chin up and move on".

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    LazyGlutton, tjkkwk, Jack-21 and 3 others like this.
  7. HelloThereItsMeGeralt

FFS, I do not care if I get warnings or bans, just update Chaldea on fire. At least there Chaldea is gone, so you can give the protags as many as happy endings as possible.

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Except Flynn is determined to restore humanity to life, so the chances of him choosing to die are basically non existent.

How would him trying to survive a group of sociopaths make him a villain?

He wouldn't be sacrificing for humanity if he lets them experiment on him, but rather he'd just be trying to not give a bunch of inbred psychopaths the chance to do their evil shit.

I'm pretty sure that most people would agree that running away from the insane clutches of the Mage Association is a good thing to do.

That's assuming that he's betrayed by anyone in Chaldea.

Also that the ones they bring in fail, the author has changed some things from canon.

Flynn has also worked with people who have harmed him in the past, like Nero, who enslaved him.

True, some people may blame him for some bullshit reason, even though he kinda wanted to take them off life support.

How was Roman supposed to know that they would go crazy?

In case you've forgotten he's not a Servant, or a magic user, anymore, so he doesn't have any powers that would allow him to see the future.

Yeah he may feel guilt, but he can also easily justify it to himself that at the time he didn't know it would turn out like that because there was virtually no indication.

And you know what?

He'd be right!

When he argued for keeping them alive he didn't know that they would become crazy, he was just thinking of preserving the lives of people who were willing to fight and risk their lives for the safety of humanity, so he would have some very good reasons for keeping them alive.

Ignoring how you post most likely violates rule 8, the no modern politics rule, here, you are wrong.

Yeah people have been dicks throughout history, but there have also been kind and noble people throughout it that have fought for the lives of innocents and the oppressed.

There have been times where in the worst hour people have shown themselves as being better than beasts.

I'm sorry if you've had bad experiences with your family, I wouldn't want that to happen to me or to others, but thinking that just because some people are bad means all people are bad is not helpful.

It's not going to help you or anyone else.

9. HelloThereItsMeGeralt

Let it be... Too many misunderstandings. Reason why I do not go to debates online. The thing is my post was showing how it can all go bad. And family, I have given specific conditions for my scenario.

It is extremely easy to try and prove my facts wrong, because these things are not discussed, and kept unsaid. Yes, there are good persons, but not good people. Never good people. If you have seen, then you are beyond lucky. The dependance on "good" leaders is so bad that it is funny.

About Crypters, my point is to show that people as a whole will always choose to blame someone rather than own up, which will influence the narrative. Even we players had no idea that something like that would have happened. So yes, Roman is right. Even Charles is right. But in long run, Roman's actions will be taken as a mistake and Charles would be considered as bad/evil/anti-social etc. I was not at all talking about Charles being right and Roman wrong. My focus was on narrative which I explained. Of course we do not care about narrative, but the side cast cares, because their actions towards MC are influenced and will be influenced by the overall narrative no?

The first opposition is almost always family. A supportive family is rare man. Even when they want your best, it is not necessary that they will be supportive, possibly due to circumstance. Those noble people faced opposition from their family most of the time, especially during the formative years.

I am thankful for your words, but you are hilariously wrong about me, sorry.

Some not, almost everyone is bad. However, we must behave as if all are good unless proven otherwise; and prepare as much as possible if we are harmed in any manner. That means lying many many times and its another can of worms.

Again so funny that my words were taken as-is and completely misinterpreted. But that allowed clarification.

Charles has gone for realistic route, and IMO the only happy ending will be this will be a singularity for MC too. Basically when all is said and done, the events will be removed from MC's timeline so they never happened with MC anytime but the results remained with Nasuverse.

As I said, lot of misunderstandings as well as lot of debates. Lets hope no one misunderstood these talks and reacted "appropriately".

PS. Removing modern politics from here.

LazyGlutton and Silver W. King like this.
  10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I have to disagree on this since the people who followed those 'good leaders' can also be considered to be good people.

Yeah they may not have been saints, but they still did a lot of good in their lives.

11. Truck-Sama

Truck-Sama An adventure awaits...

Dam, what an existential crisis Kingu went through there. Also Shakespear dam you scary, poor Kingu basically brainwashed, hopefully, he doesn't get summoned by Charles or the results will either be bloody or Flynn will play it off like a pro and pretend that he some mishap happened like the stage light broke and fell on his head and he's been in a coma for such a long time and great he can come to help out with the next play while diving into Chaldea's liquor supply for that drink he promised him.

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think that Kingu was made by Tiamat and he's separate from Enkidu, who died.

It's much more likely that Chaldea would summon Enkidu rather than Kingu.

13. K70Amam()to

K70Amam()to Legion of Badassitude Member #24601-Coom Raider

If any thing the cryptrer who would be the most understanding in my opinion would actually be Wodime, considering his plan...
    had it worked in his lost belt would have screwed over the outer god completely even though he wouldn't live to see it.
    mind you he might have some reservations on the methods of our mc, but the do what you can given the circumstances and use all you can to ensure victory style he uses. Wodime would at least understand the mind set that led him to the methods he emplo.ys

Charles Flynn likes this.
  14. Luciel Ars

Luciel Ars I trust you know where the happy button is?

FGO has too many plot holes
    1.) It has been hinted again and again that Chaldea is an organization with superior tech; but they were never able to detect Fou, Lev or Hinako.

2.) After betrayal from Lev who was a top authority in Chaldea and inceneration of mankind, there was no vetting of the remaining human personnel's in Chaldea to check whether there were any sleeper agents.

Personally I think Roman knew what was going on during the first phase of FGO and was aware of everyone's loyalties and was a bit uncomfortable with the inceneration of mankind and was ready to actively sabotage Chaldea but had a heel face turn moment when he started to get involved with the Chaldean staff (in game terms; Chaldea got max bond with Roman as such Roman stopped being a secret last boss and went ahead to have a Big Damn Hero moment)

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They would have most likely had abilities that allowed them to remain undetected. Lev was sent there to sabotage the place, so it would make sense if he could hide what he was from any sensors so he could be successful.

The vetting may have been done off screen.

I don't think Roman knew what was going to happen.

He basically went there because his friend, who was also his Master when he was a Servant, created that organization to protect the world and Roman wanted to help people.

LazyGlutton and Silver W. King like this.
  16. Luciel Ars

Roman never did give up his authority as a Grand servant until he was replaced by Merlin
    A caster of Roman capacity must have had clairvoyance, which makes me doubt that roman was in dark for the whole of FGO phase 1

Kapellan23 and Silver W. King like this.
  17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

But he was turned into a human after he and his Master won the Holy Grail War.

LazyGlutton and Luciel Ars like this.
  18. onii-sama

onii-sama Know what you're doing yet?

Roman had one last vision before he lost his Clairvoyance, iirc. That of humanity's... barbecuing. It's why he has the last of his 10 rings on his person.

Also, iirc, he holds most everything to his chest, and to Da Vinci...'s chest. Or idk. Hey may have been skeptical of the people, but wanted to believe in the good of humanity instead.

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If he didn't see who caused the incineration then he may not have known about the infiltrators Chaldea had, and probably joined the organization to stop what he saw, but he didn't know who started it.

20. Me. Joka-r

Me. Joka-r Professional Procrastinator

1. Having 'superior' technology don't mean thr best or appropriate for that task. Superior means better, that could mean they might be ahead of the curve in tech area but if technology doesn't exist or isn't advanced enough it couldn't have found out lev, who was an demon and had been living stealthy in magic crests of families older than a thousand years.

2. You are assuming that they might have done that, Chaldea have to eat food too but they didn't show that too doesn't mean that they didn't do it.

4. Roman incarnated, his wish was to live a 'normal life'. So the holy grail made him Normal and he let it, causing him to gain emotion he didn't have as Solomon but losing powers too, he didn't step down as grand caster rather he earased himself from existence. He was a just a copy (servant form) of the Solomon in the throne who was incarnated.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    Darko, Silver W. King and Luciel Ars like this.
  21. HelloThereItsMeGeralt

Since we are discussing the games and all, why is that there are no supplies run in FGO part 1 and 1.5? The only notable mention of supplies is done in Paul Bunyan event, and even then only for Paul Bunyan, because she was a giant so she was hungry.

I am playing the Lostbelts, and the game has suddenly become so much realistic.

Charles Flynn and Silver W. King like this.
  22. onii-sama

Early installment weirdness, is all I can say. It's not focused on at all, not even the fact that their base is partly rubble for a while.

Charles Flynn and Silver W. King like this.
  23. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

I think they do some supply runs in Servant Interludes, but I'm not sure, so don't quote me on that.

Charles Flynn likes this.
  24. HelloThereItsMeGeralt

onii-sama and Silver W. King I think they made it off-screen and off-topic to prevent turning off players, even though it destroys the story sense.

LazyGlutton, Charles Flynn and Darko like this.
  25. Threadmarks: Chapter 152
    Charles Flynn

Charles Flynn I trust you know where the happy button is?

Medea swears like a sailor, clutching the shattered stump of her arm, as the now-Broken Rule Breaker detonates, its task completed.

And as I stare down at the now-inert clay that used to be Kingu, I find myself feeling… numb.

So. This is what being the worst person to ever live feels like.

“Alright,” Galahad says, looking cautiously at the lumpy gray remains of the man who I just gaslighted into believing he was my friend so I could stab him in the back. “Is he dead? Because, speaking as the guy who was blocking his Noble Phantasm and those goddamn daggers while you were all doing that play-within-a-play of yours, I really hope he’s dead.”

“I’m not really qualified to tell you that,” I say, my face a cheerful mask. “Medea?”

“FUCK YOU! I JUST LOST A HAND FOR YOU!”

“Oh, don’t be overdramatic, you’re a Servant and one of the greatest spellcasters to ever live. You’ll have grown it back by tomorrow.”

She sighs, still glaring at me. “Fine. He’s dead. His body was essentially one of the gods of Mesopotamia’s Noble Phantasms. He’s more or less an artificial life form, powered by god-tier magecraft. Normally, Rule Breaker would be incapable of disrupting that, but making it into a Broken Phantasm succeeded in destroying the underlying architecture of his body beyond repair. So, congratulations, he’s dead. And all it cost us was my hand and Noble Phantasm.”

“I think we summoned Rule Breaker once or twice. We can just grab a replacement from on of the junk closets.”

She looks at me incredulously. “What?”

“The FATE system summons Noble Phantasms or parts of heroes’ legends far more often than it summons the heroes themselves. We actually have two separate copies of Excalibur in Chaldea. Roman uses one of them as a paperweight.”

“You… used the Sword of Promised Victory… as a paperweight,” Galahad says, looking at me incredulously.

“Roman did. Not like we could have actually used it for anything without its proper owner on hand, after all.”

“Splendid!” Shakespeare calls out, making his presence known once more. “Shall we return to our base, so that we may sup together once more?”

“Yeah, sure.” I stare at the remains of Kingu one last time. “Just to be safe, we’re going to take some precautions.”

---

We bury Kingu in five pieces, each one miles apart and at random depths. Galahad secures the Grail, and then we feast to our victory.

It’s a somber affair. None of us really feel like celebrating our defeat of Tiamat’s eldest son. We all know the truth, after all: We didn’t win because we were stronger, or because we were better than him. We didn’t win through kindness, or love, or friendship. We won because we were better monsters. No more, and no less.

About halfway through, though, somebody knocks on the door.

Odysseus, still our host, rises, and goes to get it. “That’s probably our guests.”

“Guests?” I ask, latching onto the words after a moment of silence. “I wasn’t aware…”

The door swings wide, and Gilgamesh, King of Uruk, enters.

“…of… any…” FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK.

He’s not alone, either. The servant we identified as Perseus is with him. As are two more. An old man I don’t recognize, and a man in white robes, holding a wizard’s staff.

“Ah. Welcome to my humble abode, Master,” Odysseus, that backstabbing genius weasel of a man, says, still smiling affably. “I was just wondering when you’d show up.”

Oh, God, what the Hell was I thinking? Why did I think that sticking around Gilgamesh’s Servant, who presumably has a mental link with him could ever be a good idea?

“A pleasure to visit, Odysseus,” Gilgamesh says. “I see that the Master of Chaldea and the goddess Ishtar are here.”

Is Gilgamesh being polite? I stare at him blankly as he takes a seat between an amused Cu and a spluttering Ishtar.

Okay, odds of this being an imposter… rising.

“Pass me the bread tray,” he commands, and I give it to him before I realize what I’m doing.

No, seriously, what is happening right now?

I notice with a start that Odysseus is resting his curved bow against his knee. And then I remember exactly what his Noble Phantasm can do.

Right, no breaking the laws of hospitality. I can do that.

It’s almost sad to say that the God-King of Uruk, who I told to go fuck himself not-even a week ago, crashing the party actually livens things up. Before, it was a thing of avoided eye contact, limited conversation, and crippling guilt. Now, however, the guilt has been supplanted by a growing sense of panic.

“What the HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?” Ishtar finally snaps, her face flushed as she points an accusing finger at Gilgamesh.

He pauses mid-bite. “Eating.”

“No, I meant here! These ones are mine, Gilgamesh! No poaching them!”

“I also brought this.” He offhandedly hands her a clay tablet.

“Yeah, do you really think that- TEN PERCENT?”

“Oh? Well if that’s too little, I suppose I could bump it up to fifteen.”

“F-F-F-Fifteen?” she repeats faintly, looking overwhelmed.

“All right, twenty. You drive a hard bargain, but I’ll go no further.”

Ishtar faints on the spot.

“Hm. As expected from so useless a goddess.” Then, he tents his fingers, and looks at me. “So, then, Master of Chaldea. I have something I’ve been meaning to say to you.”

Welp. This how I die. I look him in the eye, doing my best to stiffen my back, as, around the table, my Servants prepare to leap into battle. Against Gilgamesh alone, we might scrape out a win. But Gilgamesh with backup, and a bribed Ishtar? We’re dead.

“I’m sorry.”

“What.” I look around, and I’m not the only one who’s trying to pick their jaw up off the floor. Even Odysseus looks surprised. But the Servants he brought with him aren’t shocked. The wizard in white is actually holding in laughter. Something to think about.

“I am sorry, mongrel. Do not force me to repeat myself.” He takes a deep breath, and then continues. “I wish to offer my apologies for misjudging your worth and insulting your prowess as warriors. It was… uncalled for, and not my intent.” He takes another deep breath, and then proceeds, his hands clenched tight around the silverware. “You have indeed proven your mettle, and I need your… I need your…” He grits his teeth, and then powers through. “I need your help to save Uruk.”

I look him in the eye, and I realize that he hates me. I’m not sure on the why of it, but, then, even I hate me, so I suppose he might not even need a reason. I am a very hateable person. But even so, he’s swallowing his hatred, and his pride… for Uruk. Because no matter how much he hates the measures he must take, he will save his home.

I swallow nervously, staring at the King who just proved himself to be ten times the man I’ll ever be. What can I say to that except…

“I would be glad to lend you my assistance, your majesty.”

“Very well. Will you return to Uruk with me?” he asks.

“Yes. We also have some fairly vital information to share with you.” I hesitate, remembering just where we got said information.

“From your interrogation of Kingu,” Gilgamesh says, giving me a measured glare. “Do not attempt to lie to me. Odysseus already told me.”

“I see.” And I do. He doesn’t just hate me. He… respects me? I have no idea why, but it’s in there. And all I had to do was permanently destroy the last remnant of his best friend.

Jesus, my life is fucked up.

I realize then that Ishtar woke up sometime during Gilgamesh’s… display of humility, because she’s staring at him in gape mouthed confusion.

“Your table manners are atrocious,” Gilgamesh notes, helping himself to some of the stew.

“WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE REAL GILGAMESH?” Ishtar finally snaps, pointing a glowing finger at him.

“I grew up, Ishtar. I understand that you might be unfamiliar with the concept, but you really should try it one of these days.”

And then the King of Uruk grabs some of the brisket, while his city's patron goddess gapes at him in impotent fury.

26. Luciel Ars

What happened to Gilgamesh?
    Who is that imposter? Is this a body double?

Edit: The latest chapter was one hell of a whiplash.
    lol!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  27. Narmish

Narmish I trust you know where the happy button is?

Cas-Gil is indeed best Gil. Also poor Medea, she didn’t know they had Rule Breaker, the epitome of her life, lying in some closet.

28. onii-sama

Well, it's hard not to swallow his pride and ask for help when the guy he couldn't be bothered to be truthful with the first time, went straight to mind whammy and knife bombing the corpse of his best friend and primary enemy back into dirt.

Kudos though. That was a lot of fun, for how short it was. And also, Medea!!!!! At it again with playing the magical dive bomber-chan. She really deserves to main an event... and a Medea-centric CE. And lots of vanilla lewds.

29. Potates

Potates Degenerate Spud

Flynn: Able to manipulate and/or bullshit heroes who should know better into dancing to his tune.
    Also Flynn: Doesn't mention to his own servants he has copies of their noble phantasms.

Either that is a some grade A incompetence or malice. I'm not sure which.

30. Charles Flynn

Charles Flynn I trust you know where the happy button is?

He thought she already knew. I mean, it's not like Roman was subtle about using Excalibur as a paperweight. They even staged a production of the play Camelot using the actual Excalibur as a prop at one point.