1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Nioz

Nioz Know what you're doing yet?

Oh wow, that was so long ago and yet it feels like yesterday. I remember coming to that chapter, seeing where it was heading and then pausing to go grab a coke and a bag of crisps (I was reading through a 10 chapter backlog and that was like the 3rd or 4th one); it was a delicious treat watching that explosion.

See, I actually don’t think she is, and more importantly the fact that Bats didn’t bring in Scott and Barda may mean that he also doesn’t think so. Does he believe that Artemis might be compromised in other ways? Perhaps, but I don’t think he believes it to be mind control. Not to say he won’t be checking for it anyway, but still!

Gilhelmi, Pinklestia, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  2. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

Ah but you're forgetting she had a few centuries of her own Grayven-free offscreen character development/metaphysical weightlifting. How could you Vaer! /s

I agree. Thou to be fair I don't think Arty would be super jazzed about letting a telepath into her head even before her Future AdventuresTM even if the telepath in question was a friend (which at this point most definitely isn't the case from Arty's perspective - she barely remembers M'gann).

"Cola or cocaine?" Inquiring mind must know! And considering the chapter both were excusable.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  3. Nioz

Nioz Know what you're doing yet?

All I’ll say is that it was canned. Does that technically apply to both forms? Yes, yes it does :D

Ardy, Doccer, RGFJ and 3 others like this.
  4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    No, those are fine.
    True, but she couldn't prove it.
    Thank you, corrected.

5. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

When Renegade monologues to himself when he and Blackfire are towing back the missing parts of the Doomsday to Tamarans orbit, he says New Gods are immune too or are atleast immensely resistant to being influenced by the auras of fellow New Gods.

Prince Charon, Gilhelmi and Ardy like this.
  6. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I am guessing you forgot that natural growth of that sort of thing requires ambient mana, which didn't really exist in Sheeda land until after they killed the Vampire Sun.

Well, the only other option would be to have Scott take her, without Renegade, to New Genesis for a full soul enema.

Yes, that was him lying, we know this because there was a section further back where Scott and Barda explained the effect his aura could have on other New Gods.

gustyeagle likes this.
  7. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

I still go back and re-read that section when I need a smile. It's just so satisfying.

Gilhelmi and Ardy like this.
  8. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

Welp, that's a sentence I never thought I'd read.

Ardy likes this.
  9. Agent Orange

Speaking of New Gods, how many of them are there on the Team? I'm not sure if Arty counts as 'on the Team' any more so lets exclude her for the moment. Who else has been New God-ed? Wally (technically, thou he only uses it for the metabolism/Speed streamlining perk), M'gann ('once you go Red...'), I think I remember Aqualad losing his gills and... who else?

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Aqualad, Wally, Zatanna, Artemis, Tao( but not by renegade ), the girl with the magnetic powers, were made into New Gods.

M'gann technically isn't a New God, just a powerful Martian

Gilhelmi likes this.
  11. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

I can't believe I didn't make the connection between Batman and Corona until now...

RichardWhereat and Darko like this.
  12. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

No. Because he is saying that too himself. He certainly says Karsta and Tamarans are getting influenced by his Conquest aura as they have no metaphysical defense against it, but it either won't have any effect or will only have negligible affect on New Gods.

FeepingCreature likes this.
  13. Khettien

Khettien Perpetually confused

Most days, I think spite is what actually makes world go 'round, not money.

14. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

one wonders if the apathy/relative lack of active work on Earth barring suspiciously post-emptive rightous face-puncher-ish damage control might be him being subconciously nudged-even if he originally had/has resistance/immunity, he's on radar in a BIG way now...
    i mean, you'd think you'd put a guy who's whole shtick is actively opposed to your goals near the top of your shitlist, not just....mentally file him away in the enhanced-memory equivalent of a filing cabinet in the basement of the regional council office...

Caerwen, Vorian and Agent Orange like this.
  15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He did ask Georgia, a super genius social scientist, to figure out a way to solve the whole 'not adapting advanced tech thing' Earth seems to have, so he already has someone working on it, but they still haven't gotten any results yet due to the Sheeda invasion taking up some of their time.

16. Agent Orange

On one hand I'd call this very cheap on the other I really want some explanation for OL's radical character... change.

Caerwen likes this.
  17. Hidden Variable

Hidden Variable Know what you're doing yet?

Artemis has a lot more in common with Diana than she does with the team at this point. She has more experience(Sort of? Combat, kingdom building, and elf ruling life experience at the very least) than most the the actual league(and ain’t that weird) at this point.

Prince Charon, Gilhelmi, Ardy and 6 others like this.
  18. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Maybe Artemis should go ask her for advice and then she'll be Artemis' new "mentor", alongside Mister Miracle and Big Barda.

19. Agent Orange

Does she? If anything she's Diana's senior (several times over). YJ Diana is in her mid to late 80s at this point. Artemis is... at least that old (if we take Grayven's most conservative 'decades' guesstimate at face value). She has every right to call Diana a 'whippersnapper'. Or maybe even a 'brat' depending on her 'tude.

Gilhelmi, Ardy, Z3r0Sama and 2 others like this.
  20. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Was that a reference to that Worm/Okami crossover where Taylor is Amaterasu's shrine maiden? And people keep petting Ammy without realizing it?

21. Joelseph14

Joelseph14 Know what you're doing yet?

"Yeah, no." I fold my arms across my chest. "I barely remember any of you people. I'm not doing anything with you without the person I trust most being here. This happens with Grayven here, or I'm out. Completely."[/QUOTE]
    Woop this is gonna be a great conversation

Prince Charon and Gilhelmi like this.
  22. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

I don't get it. Miming some British idiom?

Gryaven
    Grayven certainly appreciated having her there and was better off for her presence. Earth, and she herself? Much less certain. Had Diana been there instead, it would have been better for everyone involved (and probably set another ship sailing).

23. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Not a bad ship.

Gilhelmi and jasonh23761 like this.
  24. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

You don't toss coins where you come from?
    Thank you, corrected.

25. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

I wonder how Bialya is getting on. That sexist layabout still on top or did she get lynched while Grayven wasn’t paying attention?

In fairness Queen Arty has been playing things extremely close to the chest. I would not be at all surprised if that was the first time she actually told any of the team that she doesn’t trust them.

Also that Amazon who only appeared in two (possibly three?) updates. His pet Tiger who’s name I can’t recall at present.

Then of course there is Grayven’s daughter, Lynne.
    Plus his scythe minion, Iname. As well as Circe.
    Not sure if Sunset Shimmer counts as she went through Alicornification rather than Awakening but the mirror suggests the two states are comparable. Not sure if she walks around on two feet or four but last we heard she was still on Earth.

Ngamer11, Ardy and Darko like this.
  26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

She was more homophobic than sexist.

Also I think that Scandal Savage is running things there.

I know he Awakened them, but Agent Orange asked about New Gods on the Team, and the ones you mentioned are not on the Team.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  27. Pez

Pez Spaceman

It's an excellent ship. Now I'm wondering how Diana would have handled a couple hundred years there before she encountered Grayven. Would she have done as Artemis, and conquered half the planet to stabilize it? What kind of divinity would have emerged out of her?

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Most likely her Truth divinity.

The only times I remember her being the goddess of anything else was when she became a war god in the n52.

Vorian, Gilhelmi and Pez like this.
  29. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

plus the rumors that spread around among the criminal underclass, basically you're generic Mooks, of the few guys that they knew for years that were brutally beaten to the point of full body cast, and traumatic brain injuries, being spread around.

It's important to note that the beatings that Batman lays down on people, would almost certainly be fatal. If not fatal, there be an entire wing of Gotham General Hospital filled with Batman's victims.

I mean his gauntlets nowadays are clearly weighted, with studs on his knuckles. Not to mention they have to be engineer in such a way that he himself gets very little backlash into his own hand. Otherwise his knuckles would be just battered and shot by now.

So in addition to his brutal use of joint locks, smashing moocs in the skull with hardened pieces of whatever his batarangs are made out of, he's also beating the living piss out of them with high-tech brass knuckles.

So yeah, Batman would have already left a lot of bodies in his wake. That sort of thing tends to get spread around. Lot of weeping mothers tending to their full grown children, whose brains have been beaten back into infancy

Cuchulin likes this.
  30. Pez

Pez Spaceman

Divinity is based on domains, correct? Artemis is the "Goddess of Arrows" because she uses them. That just means that, outside of general god powers, she has super special arrow powers, right?

That's what she started off as, but... is that really what she is now? She has arrow powers, but... she's a god queen now. Arrows was never her domain, anymore than speed was Wally's. They were just things they used.

Artemis isn't a queen now, and she feels her missing that. That's why when she commands the console, and it obeys, she feels better. Maybe more than just some god-bond with Grayven, she's shares his domain for Conquest, or a small part of it.

I don't know. I'm not smart enough to figure any of this out. To me, my thoughts on what her domain is (or domains are) seems to make more sense. I mean, look at Scott and Barda. They're married, but they don't seem to share the same domains at all.