1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Skittering Chaos (Worm/Hazbin Hotel)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Thread Necromancer, Aug 7, 2020.

1. VisV

VisV Lost in the Dungeons of My Mind.

no, the world is better off without coil.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Thread Necromancer likes this.
  2. Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer Creator of "mean" and/or "excessive" things

Well, obviously but I'm playing a bit of devil's advocate here.

Jaime01 and Catter like this.
  3. Miller At the Wash

Miller At the Wash Experienced.

If Cauldron had been even a little bit competent evil (instead of the canon idiotic evil) Calvert would have never left the Cauldron base. He had a bullshit tier useful power and he should have been mindwiped and put in the bed next to Doormaker and Clairevoyant.

4. Gaming Geek

Gaming Geek Tired of the random default stuff

^ This.

All the this. Why did this complaint never occur to me?

They clearly did this before to useful powers, why not for this guy?

5. Night Hunter

Night Hunter Getting sticky.

What have you expected from people that let super powered psychopaths running around free and selling powers to anyone not thinking or caring for the consequences, all for a nebulous goal in building a army that's not even guarantee to win only a possibility.

Constessa's power don't allow to make plans to directly kill Scion but they going around in asking if a a army could (keyword: could) kill him, the power allow that. Of course it allow, since they would be indirectly helping to propagate conflict on Earth Bet.

Jaime01, ~[]~ and Thread Necromancer like this.
  6. VisV

Thread Necromancer the interlude happened awhile ago in universe right? Is Annette aware of the clone situation in present day or what?

7. Thread Necromancer

Not at the moment, there were only 3 Taylor clones and Hell is a big place, at least Earth sized if not bigger in my mind, and unless you have some investigator looking for someone, you're not likely to find them unless they make international Hell news. Compared to Taylor, her clones have exceedingly little magical potential compared to Taylor due to literally only being alive for a couple of minutes before being killed, their soul being barely formed. Their progress as such has been hampered or they have ended up getting fucked over in one way or another. This none of them have become news worthy in Pentagram and unlike with the one Annette met, she hasn't seen any others.

Jaime01, ~[]~ and Ngamer11 like this.
  8. VisV

That creates an issue tho... How would Annette and Real taylor ever even meet?

Real taylor doesn't actually look entirely like taylor anymore, and is using a different name.

And considering her clone is happy to basically impersonate her... Taylor basically just had her mom stolen from her.

kinda fails to be very wholesome in that light.

Oh well, its not like Taylor needs her mom anymore, and a new betrayal will just fuel her further, the cosmos shall tremble.

9. Thread Necromancer

Likely one way or another, it could also happen that Clone!Taylor finds out about Taylor on the news and realises that the real Taylor is here. Guilt builds and eventually, she has to do something about it, whether that is admitting to Annette that she isn't her real daughter but a clone, or possibly trying to take out Taylor one way or another. It depends on how things go really. Since Clone Taylor would know that real Taylor is still alive, unlike Annette who would have stopped searching, Clone Taylor would likely keep an ear open on news regarding Skitter and her subsequent identities, if she has the time that is. Let us just say that Annette and possibly Taylor as well have very busy lives.

Jaime01, Winged One, ~[]~ and 2 others like this.
  10. VisV

Pretty sure Taylor is definitely gonna have a busy life, she's got lots of stuff to do, vengeful dead to kill again, heists to pull, overlords to overthrow, cults to coordinate, and eventually territory to run.

11. Thread Necromancer

Yes Taylor has a busy life but I was also talking about Clone Taylor as well since Annette and Clone Taylor are very busy doing things as well.

Jaime01, crazygrox and Ngamer11 like this.
  12. swarm

swarm Versed in the lewd.

Hmm did she have more clones could there be a taylor squad?

13. ElegiacCrown

ElegiacCrown Neither grandly nor intoxicatingly innocent.

There were at least 3 clones, and I would love for Annette to adopt all of them.

14. Thread Necromancer

There certainly could be a Taylor squad, though it all really depends on how Annette takes the deception, and how she decides to try to deal with Real!Taylor and the various other Taylors that are around. Not to mention how she will deal with a Taylor that has had many more experiences than the other Taylors in the real world and has come out as much harder for it. In the Bioware sense where you can harden characters like Liliana, Taylor, even compared to the clone Taylors, is pretty hardened at this point. Be interesting to see how Annette might interact with her poor baby girl.

15. Jacobs lash

Jacobs lash Not too sore, are you?

Taylor could have just barely made it to hell.
    I mean if I remember correctly she did shoot a baby and enslave all parahumans on earth. And got several killed.
    Saving the word might have balanced out the Khepri thing.
    But she might not have been remorseful about whatever didnt balance out or whatever she was sent down for not being remorseful.

She could have barely made the criteria to go to hell. Which is sorta fucked up in a you got a 69% on your finals now your gonna be sex slave forever kinda way.

Jaime01, swarm and Thread Necromancer like this.
  16. Thread Necromancer

The way I am interpreting it as isn't that it is a scale like with the Egyptian after life but rather that if you have sins that you are not truthfully and completely regretful of, then you are not getting into Heaven. way I see it, Heaven doesn't want any of those "For the Greater Good!" types to be around up there. Way I see it, Heaven is that gated community with the over active Home Owner association that really doesn't want dick bags screwing up the place with their awfulness, sure that means that some of the people who are genuinely good but did immoral things are raked across the coals, but they want to have the absolutely perfect little community up there where they are the pinnacle of human morality and kindness and all the rest are just things that they don't care about or are scared of ruining their little paradise. After all, and this is unfortunately true in real life, if you let the riff raff in, then the place will be worse than before.

It's kind of like Tenpenny tower in FO3, yes they are being dicks by being so exclusionary, but when you actually let the ghouls in, or in this case the sinners, then the place stops being a paradise and everyone, good or bad, who made it into Tenpenny tower, ends up dead.

And let us be honest, if people like Taylor made it into Heaven, it certainly wouldn't be Heaven for very long.

17. VisV

So... not actually the pinnacle of human morality and kindness then?

Also tenpenny tower was shithole to begin with.

This just confirms that we must overthrow heaven.

Jaime01 and Thread Necromancer like this.
  18. Thread Necromancer

More like unyielding morality that has no room for concepts like "For the Greater Good" and doing sin in order to save more people. Think a civilization of people with a very unyielding black and white morality who think that people who don't work to get into heaven, or don't believe in it, or did sin and didn't truly regret it with all their soul, don't deserve to get in. As for Tenpenny I'm not going to get into because it's off topic.

Also, why overthrow Heaven when you can just make Hell a better place than Heaven? From what we know about CHERUB, while it would be a lot of work, no more than building up to invade. Especially since we know that Heaven isn't as wonderful as all the prayers make it out to be.

Jaime01, Night Hunter and VisV like this.
  19. BaronNoir

BaronNoir Fallen Lord of Bubbleburg

I like the idea of a Taylor Squad roaming around. As for the relationship between Annette and Real!Taylor I suspect that Annette would likely be able to recognize her daughter as a grown up in her own right and capable of makin her own decisions just as she herself did back during her college days (Besides she'll be busy taking care of her new baby (Owlets) girls to worry overly much about the one that knows how to fly on her own, if anything I imagine their relationship to that of a parent distantly keeping in touch with a child going off to college on their own (Annette would be well versed in such having been both a college student and a professor herself after all). Also if I remember correctly... isn't there an Owl Demon working for Charlie's family, one that dealt with assassins trying to harm Luci's Little Princess? Annette just so happens to be an Owl Demon... COINCIDENCE I THINK NOT! Regardless, if this story continues to move the way it is then they'll end up meeting at some point and I'm sure that at least some of Skitter's usual stiff and hard personality will have been cracked a bit. Lil' Mark will surely see to that. Babies and their cuteness are very difficult to defend against, only soulless and black hearted bastards can even begin to stand against their power.

Jaime01 and Thread Necromancer like this.
  20. VisV

Daily reminder that Taylor shot a baby in the face.

I mean it was absolutely the right call and the best choice out of a bunch of shit ones, but she was still able to do it.

21. BaronNoir

Isn't there a trope to validate that (regardless of how vile and loathsome the act was)? Something like "better to die than to become a monster" or some variation of such. Granted that's usually at adulthood, but considering what the S9 did to Riley to create Bonesaw, the Yangban's "recruitment policy", Coil's pedo tendencies, and lord knows who else, there was no better option for Taylor to trust or even go with at that moment. Astor was potentially a walking WMD just with Purity's power in the mix with out Kaiser's added to it. I'm sure that Taylor would have done something to try and save Astor if she could (especially if she wasn't also being given the nudge by QA towards conflict), but to be Taylor Hebert is to suffer and do horrid things that will continue to torment you for the rest of your life, despite being potentially the only moderately bad choice out of a tire fire of worse choices.

The Series Finale of M*A*S*H has a similar situation if I recall. A group was coming back from a trip somewhere when they were notified that enemies were in the area. I won't give out more than that for spoilers, but it's a good relatable example of tough choices that sometimes need to be made... even if they will break you.

Also this is beating a very dead horse. It's so dead that it's already halfway through putrefaction and pieces are flying off like kicking apart a rotting log.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  22. Thread Necromancer

In truth, by the time that it took Taylor to die, the other Taylors would be adults as well, though the one that Annette met might not have left yet both due to the state of Hell among other things that might be going on. Heck, Clone!Taylor might never properly leave the roost for one undisclosed reason or another.

As for the others, I haven't yet decided what might have happened to them, whether Clone Taylor has found them or has even been looking for them. Heck, the whole issue regarding clones may have been resolved and they just need to find out that Taylor is in Hell again and they might want to bring her into the fold, or something like that.

Jaime01, Ngamer11 and BaronNoir like this.
  23. VisV

You know... I just realized that technically... every human being currently alive and who will live in the future owes taylor their life.

You can make a legitimate argument that taylor already owns everyone's soul, she just has to collect.

Now I know that you wont do this Thread Necromancer... but Imagine if you did though?

Taylor already owning the souls of quintillions of human beings upon manifesting in hell and automatically claiming ownership of all every soul thats born in the aftermath.

Would be a fun image.

She Accidently blows up the Pride ring when she first tries magic.

24. BaronNoir

Would that, by right, make her Harry's boss when he goes and becomes Master of Death? Taylor Hebert the Queen of Souls... sounds like a Dark Souls character.

doomlord9 and Thread Necromancer like this.
  25. Thread Necromancer

Who's harry?

26. VisV

The main character of some big YA novel from the 90's.

The author later would go crazy and retcon all the characters into being gay, and black, and women.

Despite the whole book series taking place in 90's britain.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  27. BaronNoir

I was referring to Harry Potter. Lots of Fics after he collects the Deathly Hollows make him into a Entity or God of Death with him usually ending up as either a bored immortal character that gets either really depressed and looks for purpose and meaning, a Troll character becoming a general pain in the ass for everyone, a sort of Accountant or Hatchet man for the ACTUAL Death who sends Harry out to kill false immortals or collect errant souls, a dimensional/reality/time traveler who goes and inserts himself in some random world and interacts with that story's canon characters and plot, or a combination of the four.

Since when did that happen?!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  28. Thread Necromancer

Sometime in the last for years, Rowling declared it on Twitter. If you want more information, PM me as I really don't want this descending into politics and getting someone in trouble.

Also thank you for the information as I don't really read HP fan fics unless Taylor is in them, and even then, rarely.

29. Night Hunter

Night Hunter Getting sticky.

Happy New Year.

Speaking of it, I always believe the Purge happen during New Year so it would be nice if you write a interlude about a POV during the Purger or a chapter where of Taylor's experience during the Purge.

30. Thread Necromancer

Happy New Year yourself.

I likely will write one eventually, though at the moment I've already written two interludes and I want to start to progress the story again. Plus, I'm nearly done the latest chapter so I will likely be trying to finish this before the end of the day where I am. Latest chapter's been like pulling teeth since I've been all tuckered out from writing essays and such but I want to get some stuff done before the end of the year. Coming down to the wire and it looks like I'll actually make it, so hopefully it will be out in the next few hours, that or I will be editing it, depends on well I can plow through this latest bit of writers block.

Winged One, ElegiacCrown and VisV like this.