1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

Ey. Cells at Work: Code Black is streaming on Funimation.

Idolatrine8103 and Priapus like this.
  2. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

Anyone else have a dream where after you wake up you're confident is the plot is ripped off from something you've seen and now want to figure out from where?

I just had a dream about where two characters teamed up to figure out the mystery behind who tried to abduct a pair twins. The characters went around interviewing people and chased down a suspect and at the end the two are at the house of the parents and the main character is talking to the mother while the other is secretly searching the house. The MC is chatting with her and complementing the house. At the end the MC tells the wife that he thinks he knows who was behind the attempted abduction of her children but he's not 100% confident and doesn't have tangible evidence and he really shouldn't say because he doesn't want to cause problems for her. But the wife begs him to tell her and he relents and tells her that he suspects her husband was behind it as part of a plot to be with their maid who he has been sleeping with. The wife is shocked and the MC says stuff like he's not 100% sure and his friend was just looking through her husband's cologne and didn't find the one they were looking for but that doesn't mean he couldn't have disposed of it or just had used it up.

And then the wife slips up.and says something that the MC hears and he's like oh I thought it was your husband fucking the maid but it was you. And the maid interrupts and says that the wife is not her type and like her women slender and the wife is like I'm not fucking the maid I just like being appreciated.

But then i woke up and didn't get to see the end of it but I'm like 99% confident that the plot of the dream and most of the ending conversations were ripped off from somewhere and now I'm wracking by brain to figure out from what.

3. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

I have the opposite problem. I see something and go 'wait, didn't I have a dream about this already?'

Priapus likes this.
  4. Priapus

Priapus Engorged member

I occasionally have dreams that seem to draw continuity from previous dreams, like a sequel.

5. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

Yeah, those tend to happen a lot to me. Also repeating dreams, as in pretty much the same one every now and again.

Especially when you chain rem-phases of sleep during the same night, so you get coherent story thorough several dreams per night. A few times I woke up in the middle of a cool dream, decided I wanted to see how it ended, went back to sleep and finished dreaming it to its proper conclusion.

Daytripper and Priapus like this.
  6. Sargon

Sargon I trust you know where the happy button is?

Can anyone illustrate the distinction between bluish black and blackish blue?

me-meboi likes this.
  7. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

Why?

me-meboi likes this.
  8. CelestialDragon

CelestialDragon Missing TTS

Does anyone know how to copy and paste something in QQ and not have the paragraph spaces removed, all text is just merged together and it is really annoying. I have tried paste and paste as plain text using the browsers and the paste options in QQ. It is really annoying.

I don't really know where to ask the question so I figured here would work.

9. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Where did you copy paste it from?

10. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

There‘s two options. Option one: write in notepad instead of word. That doesn’t seem to have the same issue. Option 2: put a space in each empty line, rendering them no longer empty.

11. CelestialDragon

CelestialDragon Missing TTS

Tried notepad, grammerly and a program on steam called nimble writer (all three ended up the same, merged together even if all the programs show that the paragraphs are spaced out). Haven't tried word because my new computer doesn't have it yet. But your answer Hyp3rB14d3 worked with the spaces. Bloody amazing, saved me so much work and effort there.

Thanks for the responses though from both of you.

LurkingInTheDeceit and kinglugia like this.
  12. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

13. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

I just found out that "177013" is not an appropriate name to use for Among Us. Now I have to go find another username...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    wasprider and kinglugia like this.
  14. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

I had a wart growing in my armpit that was rubbing against my side whenever I let my arm hang down, so I decided to cut it off with scissors. Surprisingly, cutting it off did not actually hurt, but the wound is bleeding a lot more than I expected it to.

15. Daytripper

Daytripper Connoisseur.

Have you ever been friends with some one that likes a show that you don’t like and vice versa?

16. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

Yes.

We just kinda didn't talk about it much except when we were giving each other hell for having shit taste.

Imabot, lunardraco and Daytripper like this.
  17. LeonLex

LeonLex Hoe don't do it, Oh my gawd.

It's a fun way to start "fights" when you are bored.
    Also music tastes, that's fun too.

18. luciusoso

luciusoso SI in Westeros? Tech uplifts? Farming? Yes please.

Off topic (on an offtopic thread): Is there a way to list 'new threadmarks' from watched threads like on SB?

19. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

Mmm, saw this again. Great fun.

20. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Started looking for more Vita games, and came across a little title called Shinobido 2; Revenge of Zen. Did some research, and it's by Aquire, the developers behind the Tenchu series and is a spiritual successor to the series. Naturally, I picked it up immediately. I loved those old games. And yes, it does play almost idential to the PSX-PS2 Tenchu games. Both the good and bad. The controls and AI are a bit simple, but they work. Also the mandatory english dub is shitty early-2000's Dynasty Warriors-level bad, but it lends the game some nostalgic charm.

21. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

Just bought some things from wish.com, I might post some pics when/if they arrive...

22. heralding_bubble

Cliff Simon, the actor of Ba'al in Stargate died on Tuesday.

23. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

Last night in a nutshell:

Me: “Oh, it’s 10 PM. Better go to bed, since I have work tomorrow.”

My Brain: “You could do that. Or you could draw an image of that snippet you wrote, scan it into your computer, color it, and upload it together with the snippet.”

Me almost six hours later: “Dammit, brain!”

24. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

Replaying the Megaman X games. Currently working on X5. Since I beat Sigma with the Falcon Armor last playthrough, I decided to use the Gaia Armor, expecting it to be more of a challenge.

I was wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong. The Gaia Armor is slow, can’t air dash, and has no special weapons. Because it doesn’t need any of that. It’s apparently the armor you pick if you want to just trade blows with bosses while making no effort to dodge and still come out on top. (Makes the actual levels much harder, though.)

I have never beaten Sigma that quickly before.

slime jello likes this.
  25. slime jello

slime jello Versed in the lewd.

26. GhostHaxStomp

GhostHaxStomp I trust you know where the happy button is?

I have no idea what Hololive is but I’ve seen it often enough, and had my questions ignored long enough, that the mere sight of these fucks makes me mad for no reason. I have no reason to be so angry but I’d rather go back to not knowing they exist.

The only thing I know is that it’s kinda like... ProjektMelody? with the body tracking stuff, which is cool as shit to be honest. The rigs they have to have are impressive as fuck. But they’ve made a cult of millions of weebs that are simultaneously friendly enough to be in public and fanatic enough that I hate them.

slime jello likes this.
  27. slime jello

slime jello Versed in the lewd.

It might be the vile, conspiritorial and totally unnecessary socially engineered circumstances in which they cropped up (people being forced to stay at home), leading to exploitation and widening numbers of untalented and socially awkward degenerates that has you upset, which is understandable. Pretty much anyone can get into a streaming gig independently if they don't sign up for a group. There are good independents out there, but they aint numerous. A ton of virtual personalities both company based and independent, are unoriginal screechy-voiced people jumping on a bandwagon to vie for fame and simp donations, and sell merch, catering to the lowest common denominator. Some fans can be very cringe.

The dog girl I like isn't exempt all the time from it, but I find her heaps better than the vast majority of them, being wholesome for the most part, apart from the finger-cutting running gag (which I like and sets her apart from the common mutt and other slavering hordes), and her yandere undertones. Her making a smaller ratio of annoying sounds helps.

I don't even want to get into Coco, even after hearing that she was or is the most popular of VTubers at one point, because of the lengths she'd go to, to draw attention. Like lasering her pubes as ASMR, or talking about it. Like wow, people are desperate to get their rocks off, but that sort of shit makes the whole community look even worse when it gets popular.

Kizuna AI was one of the first I've seen. Haven't looked at her lately, but she was alright years ago. Saw some others who didn't stand out and were too obvious as sell-out attention whores that didn't make that trait entertaining.

For honorable mentions, Haachama has a weird obsession with feet, but I got some laughs out of her cooking. Pikamee streams some content I'd recommend to people, but in other content I think people would give me the stink eye if I told them they should check her out, and they saw that. She's very vocal, and it works both for, and against her. Like she isn't family friendly all of the time, but her swearing and witty lines containing mature content sometimes adds to her appeal. But sometimes she is constantly excessively loud, and it gets on my nerves. Still more classy than Coco streaming pube lasering.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    Something and GhostHaxStomp like this.
  28. heralding_bubble

Just found this cute webcomic on webtoon and thought I'd share it.

kinglugia and slime jello like this.
  29. Daytripper

Daytripper Connoisseur.

So I have a question. In a Godzilla/Marvel crossover story that I am working on, the second Godzilla that the Avengers and other Marvel heroes fight was a mutated dinosaur created by the Castle Bravo test that happen in 1954 (The first Godzilla was created by Operation Crossroad in 1946 for this timeline). The story set 50 years after the original Godzilla and my question is how radioactive would Godzilla be after 50 years?

30. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

It depends on the half-life of the substance that irradiated it.

Edit: For example, Carbon-10 has a half life of about 20 seconds (meaning in 20 seconds, half of the Carbon-10 would be gone), but Uranium-238 has a half-life measured in billions of years.

Edit2: Assuming the same types of bombs that were used in Japan, Godzilla would have been irradiated using Plutonium, which has a half-life of around 90 years. So Godzilla would still be very radioactive.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    Daytripper likes this.