1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Player in the Force (SW/Lite Gamer)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by USSExplorer, Apr 24, 2020.

1. USSExplorer

USSExplorer Doing what's necessary, even if it causes chaos

No, it's not.
    That was more Serra just reacting to the presence of a male in that moment. She'll have issues over what happened obv, but it won't be around Cam.
    Though this will sort of push her to spend more time with Bo to become stronger

ovoid_orca, kerleth, illerayn and 8 others like this.
  2. jokarun

jokarun Know what you're doing yet?

It seems that constantly acting without the force in these schools made people forget that they are still Jedi? I can't for the life of me think of another reason why they would be so stupid to think they could win such a stupid fight.

ukatz, Maffmaff, Hosseini and 8 others like this.
  3. alec_potter

alec_potter Versed in the lewd.

Fantastic update. Thanks for the time skips.

Looking forward to the trial, hope it’s a honour duel of some sort.

Maffmaff, The Dude and Memory like this.
  4. Khettien

Khettien Perpetually confused

See, you say that, but history is filled with people picking fights they have no business in, for a huge variety of reasons. Sometimes, they even win them, laying seeds for the next generation's insanity.

kerleth, Amrynel, Jacobs lash and 8 others like this.
  5. theaceoffire

theaceoffire Versed in the lewd.

I would like to say that rape is not a common occurrence when learning how to become military forces... but it also has happened before and probably will happen again, and in a story is much more interesting to have something happen than to have four or five years of 'and then we train some more'.

6. Don-7

Don-7 Know what you're doing yet?

I really hope that there won't be more instances of best girl being raped or almost raped in front Cam or anywhere else.

Otherwise it's a nice chapter.

Maffmaff, almostinsane and The Dude like this.
  7. Russian conscript

Russian conscript Not too sore, are you?

That's nice but I was more talking about cams reaction of "oh geez their tryna rape my maybe but not really girlfriend better choke em a bit an and talk about honnor before kicking another around a little bit" It feels like a really weird interaction and the honnor stuff feels even weirder, hes not a mando and has never shown a real obsession with it so it just comes off as insulting them a bit to me.

ukatz, Maffmaff, shinighoul6 and 3 others like this.
  8. twilightwanderer

twilightwanderer Making the rounds.

I enjoyed the story as always. However,

...really?

*fishslap*

That was bad and you should feel bad.

On a different topic, given that Tor Skirata is here as an instructor, I'm assuming Kal's backstory has been changed somewhat?

9. LEGENDARYNOT

LEGENDARYNOT I trust you know where the happy button is?

Time for slaughter, everything must burn

10. The Dude

The Dude Verified Not Jeff Bridges

Pretty sure, if they tried to cover it up, the results would include something along the lines of Cam staring the adult most responsible for the cover-up in the eyes while he uses the force to simultaneously snap the neck of every recruit involved and then throw the adults involved out the nearest windows.

However, I'm also quite sure the adults have no desire to cover it up.

I can see one of two paths here.

The first: They did say something about recording. Video is pretty open-and-shut.

The second: Trial by combat. Cam vs all of 'em at once, bracers off. Because sometimes you just want a good ol' gratuitous beatdown.

11. Miestwin

Miestwin Monster on the outside, bishoujo on the inside

Considering most Mandalorians view most Jedi as dishonorable pacifists, and Cam is a kid to that, it's not very unbelievable they would think "he has no lightsaber, so what he can do against three of us?".
    I got the Thunder, but I'm missing the pun with that one.

almostinsane and LEGENDARYNOT like this.
  12. Zendrelax

Zendrelax "All yours. I think it always was. Welcome home."

Strictly speaking, it was indeed Force Bullshit. That's not even a lie.

13. tamagat

tamagat I Find Your Lack of Cake Disturbing.

how did the mando develop those force supressing cuffs? i cant find them on the internet.

Maffmaff and Septaemus Meridaeus like this.
  14. USSExplorer

Karen Traviss is the writer of most of the key books about Mandalorian culture in the EU.

THe honour comment was more for Bo than for the boys. Cam saw a moment where he thought he could get through to Bo about why her father allied with the N-M. But he hadn't exactly thought it through, hence why it sounds... stiff

Nah, Thunder is someone I know on Discord who suggested Karen Traviss appearing in the story, so it was a bit of a thank you.

Kai's story might not change, we'll see. But I thought a small call-out to him via his son would be an interesting breadcrumb for the future

Well, one of those is what will happen. WE'll just have to see which it is next chapter

15. USSExplorer

Likely from wherever they got that cage for Maul. Bo said that Satine had destroyed all the other ones, so nothing says they didn't also have (and then destroy) cuffs that did the same job, though not as effectively.

16. yuuzz

yuuzz Getting out there.

and the recommendations of this chapter?

17. USSExplorer

The Dude likes this.
  18. Sandsforever

Sandsforever Anakin's Arch Annoyance

Explorer why do you have to remind me that peeps suck

if PM wasnt in control I'm sure he would have killed them all

Le sigh the wait begins anew

Maffmaff and The Dude like this.
  19. Devx13

Devx13 Getting out there.

How far did those guys even go? Torn shirt and what? Makes me uncomfortable thinking about it but I am curious about it because how it might change her character.

The Dude likes this.
  20. The Dude

The Dude Verified Not Jeff Bridges

Pretty sure exactly what was done is being left vague, both for good taste and because it's more impactful to the audience.

Reading between the lines, though, I'm pretty sure it didn't get past her being groped.

Septaemus Meridaeus likes this.
  21. twilightwanderer

Got it, that was a nice gesture.

My memory (supplemented heavily by Wookiepedia) says that Kal never got to train his sons to be Mando. His wife wasn't Mandalorian (Kal wasn't born Mando either, but was adopted young and fully embraced it); anyway, she didn't approve of him starting his sons' training in childhood and ran off with all three kids (2 sons, 1 daughter). If Tor's involved enough in Mandalorian practice and culture to be teaching at their academy, then things have changed.

The Dude likes this.
  22. USSExplorer

Um... whoops. Missed that (as did my lore guys)
    Well, there goes that part of the EU. :p

illerayn and The Dude like this.
  23. twilightwanderer

I can get rather pedantic about Legends EU Novels details, given that they were basically my life right up until Legacy of the Force crushed all further interest (also I got busy with work). I'd imagine the subpopulation of people reading this story who also read the Republic Commando novels AND payed attention to minor backstory details is probably just me, so you're fine.

Fortunately, this is fanfic. AU is inherent in it's nature, and the first change was 4000 years ago, so who knows what butterflies have flapped in that time. Maybe in this universe, Kalbuir won't end up a cult leader. In other words, It's Not a Bug, It's a Feature!

The Dude and Khettien like this.
  24. almostinsane

almostinsane Getting sticky.

Plot twist: The jury/judges/etc. find the rapist not guilty, but only because half of them want Cam to demand Trial By Combat so they can see if he'll go full Revan or not.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  25. NakedFury

NakedFury Not too sore, are you?

Prologue 4 so far.
    Making him be so young at the start is way too weird and the way you have him acting makes the suspension of disbelief hard. Acting too much like and older teen than an eight year old.

The choice to have Gamers Mind be toggle on/off is also weird and sort of takes out from the character to have him turn it off to feel and off not too.

The other criticism is having the usual cliche responsive sarcastic system.

as for the story well so far a lost chance to explain how you feel oily or some other negative thing when you saw the corrupting thing about the nexus and well quite disappointed you mentioned the becoming a ruler but dismissed it.
    as gamer the first chapter proved you dont need the Jedi to learn force skills at all. You just need to try stuff out or find holocrons.

26. SRWilsonMR

SRWilsonMR The King of Gods

Serra will really need to talk to someone after that. The girl had no experience with feelings, now add the little trauma that occurred and you have someone who needs a psychologist fast. I recommend someone who is not a jedi, as was shown throughout the work, they are not the best people to talk about it.

Zendrelax and almostinsane like this.
  27. Sandsforever

Sandsforever Anakin's Arch Annoyance

But we know how the council will deal with it

The force will fix it fuck it your on your own

What your a sith now wtf how did that happen

Edit:Still dont who's worse on child development the jedi council or the PRT?

28. Tersin

Tersin Know what you're doing yet?

The Jedi, easily. The PRT at least will generally leave kids in healthy family environments and send them to school for normal socialization, instead of kidnapping them and raising them in homogeneous lots.

29. SRWilsonMR

SRWilsonMR The King of Gods

The jedi way looks like animes Japanese culture, every time someone suffers a trauma the guys expect the person to be 100% working the next day.

30. USSExplorer

Actually, PM was only on until Nia turned up. Since that was the end of the situation, PM turned off. So Cam's reaction to hearing what the boys did was emotional (and well deserved imo.)

That was about it. It's implied that when Serra called out to Cam, she also used the Force to push the boys back.
    Bo came in right after that and was able to get between the boys and Serra, which was about where Cam came in.

Well, you're half right about what they'll do :sneaky: