1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I thought that Hinon was tall like most of the other Controllers?

Unless renegade Hinon chose to look differently?

moralrelativity likes this.
  2. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Tamarans conquering other worlds? Under Komand'rs leadership? Yeah, can't see that going wrong at all.

And Grayven vs Grayven! Round one: standing with your hands behind your back! Go!

3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Komand'r is a tamaranean Tamaranean from Tamaran.
    Telsomere is a g-goblin Tamaranean from Earth.

When 'tamaranean' is used as a species name rather than a planet-nationality, it shouldn't be capitalised.
    He doesn't have Anti-Life any longer.
    Thank you, corrected.
    I don't... Think so? I'm going to need a quote on that.

4. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

What if this grayven shares info/IS actually Paragon's grayven?
    And he can tell first glance that renegade is a transformed paul.

Relyt33 and Cuchulin like this.
  5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I can't remember if it was ever mentioned that she was tall, but I just thought that she was like most of the other Controllers.

So both paragon and renegade Hinon look like the Guardians?

Fellow, igfry and Cuchulin like this.
  6. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Oh no. Imperialism.

Also, maybe Hinon is human-tall, not Grayven-tall?

7. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

He has Harmony, other Grayven is going to have any hard time to make his eye rays to anything. Granted he had an army and probably more experience fighting but if he is anything like the comics he never fought someone close in power to him.

Ardy and Cuchulin like this.
  8. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

All Controllers should be tall, as the Guardian split occurred before they turned into small blue dwarves.

[​IMG]

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I don't think Harmony can help him, because he doesn't have it in him.

I guess that if he asks the ponies then they can help, but I don't think he has it himself.

In the comics Grayven was just some New God that was sired by Darkseid on some random planet and was left to fend for himself.

This story's version of Grayven actually grew up on Apokalips, so he probably has fought against others that can match or even surpass his power.

10. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Zoat used this image when Paragon first saw a Controller.

[​IMG]

Paragon didn't note that Hinon looked any shorter, and I've definitely been assuming that she was the size of a standard humanoid.

11. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Another break from the OL show, I see. Good chance to skip over the days of barely-above-light-speed travel in the gyuanites' system. So, Grayven's looking in on one of his investments, eh? Hopefully all's been settling in well...

Another G-Goblin? And I see where his name comes from: Telomeres. Another fitting name. And why waste precious fuel when raw genomorph muscle does the job just as well?

Presumably equipment more suited to underground mining than the farming gear they have now. After all, they don't have G-moles or something like that for the work, do they.

Also, maybe tell them you don't have suitable sexual equipment? Not that that would stop particularly interested ladies... Or gentlemen. Then again, he has fingers and a tongue...

I know, right? He must be a cunning linguist, then, or have magic fingers. :p

...Okay, that's one way to leave the ladies (or lads) satisfied. And no risk of biological transfer...

Environment seems to play a big part in their development. Dubbilex is a scientist through and through. Ixy is a diplomat (likely from having to smooth feathers ruffled by Grayven...) This guy? Stoic leader.

Well, that's one way to carry on with your solitude.

Very interesting fellow.

Bonus: It would give him someone to talk to, if he felt the need.

Pleasant little stop on the road. Now to something more lively, eh?

So the sharp crack of the tube materialising has become so mundane, it's like the sound of traffic. Could be an issue if they have to deal with other New God forces.

And why would they? Far more personal freedoms out here. :p The smoking hot orange guys and girls are a nice bonus.

Hopefully offering them the choice of a quite retirement somewhere pleasant on Tamaran, or a teaching position. I'm sure some would enjoy the chance to help shape their successors.

Ah, cleaning up sidequests, now that you have some free time, eh? At least, the ones that aren't time-sensitive (like the Pirate Conference quest OL did.)

I see the Tamaraneans haven't been wasting time. Must be quite a heady rush, to go from conquered to conquerors. Let's hope they don't make the mistakes their predecessors did.

And what of any native populations? Integration into Tamaranean culture, presumably, but how subservient are they being positioned as?

And I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun convincing her. Though I find myself wondering what Koriand'r's up to.

More Acquisition for the Godhead. Still have to question how well they'll take to ruling, though...

Huh, I guess that's one way the dust could have settled. These would be some of Grayven's 'How about we not raise them to be amoral science-nerds?' experiment, then.

Oh, that's never a good sign.

"After all, I put that sort of thing behind me long before my... Little nap."

Since Maltus here is not. That would give the local Grayven free reign. Presumably something's nobbled his plans, though.

Huh. That does not sound good. Wonder what he ran into that could have caused him to change his mind?

:rolleyes: Well, shit. Looks like there's no escaping the Galactic War thing in any timeline...

Looks like he might have to speed up Tamaran's rebuilding, and the plans to secure Vega. Because I doubt he's got the option of cutting off the head of the beast this time, like he did on Earth-50

I guess we can expect a battle of the Grayvens sometime soon, then. Off-shoot Gordanian fleet versus a rebuilt Tamaran. Bet there'll be some fierce fighting there. Not that I expect it to happen soon. Wonder how the Renegade will handle Grayven-16's oversized penis substitute Planet-Killer Dreadnought...

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Poor girl.

The amount of feathers she must smooth is endless.

But she did find it pleasant.

Actually they are.

It's just that renegade isn't fighting them.

I'm thinking that maybe he doesnt like the fact that there's someone using his name, so wants to have words with renegade.

Zoat once mentioned renegade and his daughter going to the Babylon 5 universe and using Grayven's New God ship.

13. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

It does lessen the narrative impact of this Renegade vs. Grayven showdown for me somewhat, even though as others have mentioned there are likely to be differences; Renegade can't use Anti-Life as an attack, surprise or otherwise, anymore, for one thing. I hope he'll reach out to Scott and Barda for assistance. It would be cool to see Karsta in action too. If the Shade's powers work in space, which that lady from Talok should prove that it does, he would be a very useful ally too. Renegade should have an appreciation for the true power of friendship after his MLP experiences, after all, so getting all his allies together for what could very well serve as a test run for fighting Apokaliptian forces (even if Grayven is the only actual New God there).

Too bad he disintegrated Melmoth (I think that's what happened but I don't remember exactly), he could have gotten access to Aurakle, which would probably have been useful for his plans.

I wonder how much horrific physical injury he'll take in this showdown; we all know it's inevitable at this point.

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Assuming he didn't find out about her and just put her out of her misery.

Or Melmoth may have just broken her down for parts.

15. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

Unfortunately for fake Grayven, our boi already has significant Gravy vs Gravy combat experience.

Cuchulin likes this.
  16. Sorrow

Sorrow Getting sticky.

Honestly, I prefer the Renegade Chapters. They are far off the rails to the more... common points.

17. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

And that was how Grayven's story ended.

All things considered it was a good run, but the First One's aren't a force he can ever stand up to and they don't take kindly to people from other dimensions showing up in their playground.

18. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

Can someone remind me how the state of Euphorix and its queen differs in Grayven's verse compared to that of the Illustress?

19. Mr Zoat

Guardians were designed to look like David Ben-Gurion. Hinon looks like his late wife. Only shorter. Controllers don't have a uniform appearence, but most are taller than that.

I mean, that's what I thought I meant to write, anyway. If I've actually written something else then please let me know.
    What exactly were you expecting from a God of Conquest? A British God of Conquest, no less?

20. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Lots of tea drinking? ;)

21. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I thought her name is Ixy? Or is this just due to pronunciation?

Prince Charon likes this.
  22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think it's just shortened.

Like how you call someone Joe, but their name is Joseph, or Sam, but their name is Samuel.

NightmareWarden likes this.
  23. Fellow

Fellow Know what you're doing yet?

I also remember him using a picture of an elderly woman for Hinon.

Edit:
    Found it! It's the link on 'Controller'.

Xmaster3000 and Prince Charon like this.
  24. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

In my head I imagined Hinon looking like a female guardian, but I don't recall if that was due to something in the story or just my head filling in the blanks.

25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

She did use to be a member of the Guardians.

26. Mr Zoat

Ixy is on the team. Ecksey is helping Karsta Wor-Ul.

27. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Mr Zoat, just wondering if you remember these corrections I made earlier in the thread.

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'shown'

29. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    No, completely forgot about them. I'll try and find time this week.

30. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

dead