1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

I hope for the console user's sake they don't get matched against PC players...

2. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

How's Overwatch 2 coming along by the by?

3. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Today on "Didn't See That One Coming":

Strategy game but it's Metal Slug.

4. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

If you want that classic Metal Slug action, then check out Mighty Goose on steam. The game at times can be particle vomit, but its fun.

5. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

As a funny little side story, someone on biz bought the domain for Battlefield2042 on a lark before the company swapped the new battlefield name to it and decided to have it redirect to pol after askin the rest of the board. Link to the biz thread. https://www.battlefield2042.com/ (directs to pol, nsfw)

Drak4806, Imabot and Rakdos92 like this.
  6. Melmar

I mean, I don't hate the idea. If nothing else, it's a pretty good trailer.

Anonnermus likes this.
  7. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

I foresee a lot of upset parents who demand to know why DICE is directing their poor widdle babbies towards a radical website.

UnthinkingWisdom, Imabot and Malcolmo like this.
  8. Melmar

Also
    Eldin Ring trailer.

Renko and Anonnermus like this.
  9. Malcolmo

They should be grateful it was just pol. The other suggestions were lemon party and goatse.

UnthinkingWisdom and Rakdos92 like this.
  10. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

/b/ and /d/, I presume?

Malcolmo likes this.
  11. Malcolmo

Nah they literally suggested those two. Though it'd have been funny if they had suggested the b and d.

12. Mistodon

Mistodon Invading the city of Alexandria

Oh, so Elden Ring isn't dead in the water? Guess all we need now are news from these three.

[​IMG]

Desalis, Velk, Imabot and 5 others like this.
  13. Renko

Renko Look closer ~☆

Interesting.

The aesthetics and designs reminds me of FLCL and Gurren Lagann.

:cool:

14. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

I backed that. Looks neat.

Renko likes this.
  15. Lord Invictus

Lord Invictus Impropérium nulla oblivione eris Gone for Good

Thing is-there was like a short window in which she could have intervened. Legion is right in front of her, so is Shepard. Tackle them, knife them, shoot them, whatever. Legion needed at least 25 seconds or so to upload the code.

Once Shepard said I'm sorry-she ought to have jumped Legion. If not Shepard.

16. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

So, what you’re saying is that her emotional reaction wasn’t logical enough?

17. Lord Invictus

I'm saying it was unsatisfyingly passive and inconsistent with other characters who take violent agency when Shepard says "sorry you gotta die" in ME3.

Is it inconsistent with Tali? I don't think we can say-as yeah that's an extraordinary situation to be in-your people's fate being decided by someone else and that choice being destruction.

You'd think Tali would die to save her people, even if that meant taking a bullet from Shepard, much less Legion.

18. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

I think the despair reaction fits Tali a lot better. She always struck me as someone who’s not really suited to being a combatant; she’s too naive and too nice, and clearly much more competent in a support role. She’s also deeply insecure. Having her completely shut down when the Commander she’s placed her trust in for so long betrays her to exterminate her species works; it’s a poignant ending to her story. Her going berserk and trying a futile charge just wouldn’t feel like the same character. It’d feel shoehorned in.

19. Lord Invictus

You have a point. It just feels passive when Legion grabs Shepard by the neck and Wrex goes on a suicidal charge.

Makes me wonder what Shepard thought when he tried to save her. (I mean beyond it being the nice thing to do).

There's no way she'd cooperate.

20. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

If nothing else, probably reflex from having worked together so long?

21. Lord Invictus

"So Tali, like your people are extinct and all, and you hate my guts, but we still need you in engineering."

22. DawnGazer

DawnGazer Versed in the lewd.

I was pretty demoralized by FF14 recently. It has a system called Glamour that can save the appearance of a piece of armor or weapon and use it on other armor or weapons.

This was all I was told, but apparently it also saves the items class and level. Meaning that you can only use some of the armor or weapons some of the time. A Red Mage can't use a Machinist item, not unless that item specifically says so. Meaning most items can't be used with each other.

After playing for a while, I had my first idea to set up a Glamour and committed to it. I was real hype for it, too. I was going to make my Red Mage look like the most flamboyant and awesome Renaissance era musketeer-looking motherfucker ever. I put it all together but when I activate it, all I see swapped is the earring and only one of the rings, despite both of them being for all classes.

Despite playing a relatively lot of the game and more or less liking it up to this point, this really killed my interest in the game at the moment. Because part of what was sold to me on this game is that you can change your look however you like which apparently isn't fucking true.

Derek58 likes this.
  23. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

...Goddamnit this game should not look this cool.

Check out the gameplay trailer too. Moving away from XCOM style, though there's still guns and stuff I guess? Dunno. Rabbid Lumas too wtf.

I hate this now-franchise because I want to play it but am equally sure it would annoy me to no end.

24. Melmar

Behold, Final Fantasylvania: Nioh. I guess it's a weird remake of FF 1? Only with if the warrior was Doomguy.

Derek58 and Garlandknight like this.
  25. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

Oh hell, it's written by Nojima. That doesn't fill me with confidence.

The dialog is... terrible, even for a trailer. And I hope you can turn off the quips during Glory Kill/Grapple animations, or at least make them happen less often. The game is edgy enough already.

But aside from that, I'm reasonably hyped for this game. Team NINJA knows how to make a good action RPG and if they brough the expertise from Nioh then all the better. The fact it's coming to PC is also good news for me, because I've given up on consoles.

Velk, Anonnermus and Melmar like this.
  26. Melmar

If goofy dialogue was enough to turn me away, I'd wouldn't enjoy half the things I do. :V

But yeeees, gimme that sweet Nioh action. And then a sequel where we can make our own anime girl instead of playing as William without a ponytail.

It is a shame they went with KH, FFXII guy tho. Nooooot their best guy.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  27. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

Goofy dialog is fine. The way the trailer handled the dialog and narration was just plain bad. Nojima doesn't have a great track record, in my opinion, but I'm willing to put most of the blame on the trailer for now.

But I swear to God, if Garland doesn't scream he'll knock you all down, I'm going to knock Squeenix's HQ down. :V

And I second the demand for sweet Nioh action. I like those games. *looks at the savefiles totaling almost 2000 hours between Nioh 1 and 2* I like them a lot.

Velk and Anonnermus like this.
  28. Melmar

Having trouble getting the video on my phone but the latest Smash Bros character is some dude from Tekken named Kazuya.

Super not interested myself but good for Tekken guys.

Edit: In less apathy inducing news, Metroid 5 is a fucken thing.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Velk and heralding_bubble like this.
  29. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Hm. Not sure how I feel about that trailer. On the one hand, gameplay looks pretty good. On the other, seems like we're dealing with more SA-X shenanigans with that robot. Hopefully those were different robots, and we get to kill or disable it in a given area so it'll quit fucking with us while we explore.

Not sure about the white suit. I'll withhold judgement, depending on how Samus lost all her upgrades this time, and what the final suit winds up looking like.

Also a little concerned about where they might've gone after Fusion, since that's probably when we are.

And just hoping this doesn't wind up being another Other M fiasco.

Also Also: Some game called Hellpoint is free on GOG. Reviews are good, but I dunno if I'll actually play it, because it's a Souls-inspired game. Sci-fantasy with a landscape that shifts due to a black hole or some shit.

30. Melmar

I suspect they're different robots and each one is vulnerable to a specific powerup. There was a green one so that one probably takes super missiles.