1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Brainwasher-Boy

Brainwasher-Boy Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

Honestly? My money is on Heph either keeping business as usual with his sham of a marriage, or take a page out of Hera's book and divorce her.

2. Duquette7

Duquette7 Not too sore, are you?

This assumes her face will be visible sometime this millennium, nothing but palms boys, palms all the way down.

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'concentrated'

Metis, it's time for you to leave.

Ohh, yeah, some myths had Zeus tricking her unto a shape-shifting contest and then eating her.

Add a space between them.

But there are a lot if things worse than death.

This is...not what I was expecting.

Just make sure you don't push off the latter.

Maybe God of Pinnatas.

He can show up for parties and children can beat him with sticks.

Well...this was expected.

4. Signaller

Signaller Know what you're doing yet?

Is Paul going to provide a recording of the events to Canis?

5. TodaBruh

TodaBruh Fiction is life's spice <( ̄︶ ̄)↗

Eh. I'm just tired of this trope where the cheating wife gets away with it. And the husband focuses on the guy. It's like, you weren't married to him? And if he didn't know she was in a ship then isn't he innocent? Though that doesn't apply here obviously.

6. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Does Hephestean think a knowledgeable weather god Zeus won't immediately try to take his throne back? Or is this one of those weird greek punishments that are never meant to be completed?

7. Duquette7

Duquette7 Not too sore, are you?

Considering that Zeus has been relining on Metis to do his thinking for him for a very long time, it's possible he has learned nothing himself since the age of bronze, preschool might be a more appropriate starting place then collage, but I doubt his pride would allow it.

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well the task Heph gave him involves Zeus potentially bettering himself and learning things, so even if Zeus does potentially become a threat, it may take a long, long time for that to happen seeing as its Zeus.

9. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

OL just standing there singing that shitty song has just sucked out all the tension and gravitas this whole conclusion had. It was pure cringe grafted onto a good moment.

10. Splinterface

Splinterface Getting sticky.

Wow this all went a lot smoother and faster than expected. Neat. My only concern while reading this chapter is that Hephaestian said that he was exiled “until [he] graduated with a Masters in Meteorology”, not that Zeus had to have Masters-level knowledge in Meteorology, so I’m worried Zeus might just sleaze his way into graduating (possible very early) rather get the (possibly, hopefully) humbling/humanising experience of learning/bettering himself and catching up with the mortal world.

11. 0zymandias

0zymandias Making the rounds.

Makes sense, he wants to break Zeus's style of permanent punishments give on a whim so he instead gives him by all accounts a very mild one that really only lasts as long as Zeus wants. It's more of a shaming than a punishment because Zeus will probably shag his way through the university rather than study.

12. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

Heph wasn't angry about the infidelity - neither he nor Aphrodite actually wanted the marriage, it was just Zeus pawning Aphrodite off to get Hera off of his back for him deliberately crippling their son - what he was angry about was them rubbing it in his face. Like, Ares and Aphrodite were fucking in Heph's bed, that's how much disrespect they were showing.

So, Heph has lots of good reasons to hate Ares, he went out of his way to emasculate Heph. Aphrodite isn't blameless, of course, but "lashing out at a convenient target because the real source of the anger is untouchable" is a much lesser crime.

13. TheLunarwolf

TheLunarwolf Making the rounds.

01000111 01101100 01101111 01110010 01111001 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100001!

All hail Deus Mechanicus!

Ardy, pervyshyguy, Gazing Eye and 6 others like this.
  14. Awkward

Awkward Know what you're doing yet?

I know it's originally a song, but I read it as him reading a long poem. And I wasn't taken out of the fight. Neither did I feel like the fight lost its gravitas due to the poem.

15. 0zymandias

0zymandias Making the rounds.

A little but I understood why he was singing the song, it was basically a eulogy for Zeus's reign and honestly this is far better for Heph as it's far more impressive he beat down both Zeus and Ares single handedly than had he relied on Paul's help. It's a weak king that needs outsiders to hold his throne after all.

16. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

They are immortal.
    Hephestean waited millennia to exact his revenge. Does he expect Zeus or Ares to be less vengeful than he was?

Then immediately followed it up with some Zeus level vindictive pettiness.

AR760, ArKFallen, kagekami42 and 5 others like this.
  17. redleo37

redleo37 Getting some practice in, huh?

So I’ve been a reader and happy fan of this fanfic for a long time (years), after many changes in sites I kept reading and catching up to the current, reading the new post of the day has become apart of my daily routine but I’ve finally decided to make a profile just to comment on what has become my favorite dc story.
    set that sink in.
    As for Hephaestaean I’m happy to see the culmination of the Hephestus stuff and really Olympus though I want to see more I wanna see the changing of the old guard in Olympus and if another Titan of Tecnology is possible (multiple cultures multiple titans) imaging first emerging from the Dreaming to the sight of a brother the first Titan of technology having fused with some old god.
    will this Titan merging become a way for gods to seek power and change the statues quo in many Pantheons?
    so many questions.

ohnana, Ardy, Deadring and 1 other person like this.
  18. anirocks

anirocks always lurking

Yep Zeus and Ares got what they deserved. All hail omnissah.may his reign be eternal. Tho seriously am i the only one that Poseidon or apho

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    Cuchulin likes this.
  19. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

He’s expecting Zeus to come back and get beaten again - he mentioned improving the hammer for next time

20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I can potentially see Poseidon trying something, but he may decide to stay away, seeing as Heph managed to beat both his brother and his nephew with relative ease.

Aphrodire may try something, but probably nothing like a coup, just causing some minor problems.

21. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Counting his swans before they hatch, I see. As if destroying a single weapon will slow down the God of Technology? I half expect him to jettison the damaged limb and teleport a fresh one into place... It would drive home the message of implacable advancement.

I picture him saying that in a bored, dismissive tone. Like the outcome is already known, it's just a matter of the program running and Zeus realising he's done.

Ooh, impromptu brain surgery. But you're focusing on the wrong head. You know he doesn't do much thinking with that one. :p

And that is the move of someone who's already won. Hasty, but I bet his predictive systems can see Zeus' possible responses.

Really, Ares? He has a dozen arms. You don't think some of them are on defensive watch?

Ha, built-in kinetic control system? So, can it wield itself if Phaeste commands it to?

...An interesting loophole, but if Hephaestean is stronger than Ares, than his domain is dominant here.

Oh-ho, OL was looking for something? Well, who could he possibly be watching for, hmm?

Not the first time something has sprung from Zeus' brow at the hands of Hephaestus. :D

And with that, a chunk of Zeus' power is gone. Along with what wisdom he did not naturally possess.

Heh. Looks like he commands even more power over metal now, able to corrode it as easily as he forges it.

Benefit of Divine Wisdom, I take it. Or she was fully aware of what was happening while inside Zeus. Which means she had a front-row seat to all his little seductions. :confused: Urgh.

Your domain is depreciated, Savagery. Enjoy your imminent retirement.

I picture a huge grin on Phaeste's face, as he connected with that hit. First the bull, then the unfaithful cow.

Athena's aid, no doubt. And a huge 'take that' to Ares.

Right in the kisser. That won't make the splitting headache any more fun. :p

And now I'm picturing a ring of little harpies fluttering about his head, waving their bare breasts at him. :D

Because there's almost certainly going to be someone dumb enough to try it. Or as Blade put it: "Some muddafuckas always tryin' to iceskate uphill..."

Heh. A double surprise. I doubt Hephaestus existed before her little experience in Vore Fetish, and Humanity was probably still barely capable of smelting bronze...

If only to see Zeus get a long-deserved comeuppance, eh?

Mechadendrites are fun, but sometimes, you just got to choke a bitch. :V

Oooh, there's a challenge. Does anyone picture Zeus, without the intelligence buffs Metis provided, being able to complete high school, never mind a college course?

And soundly evicted from the pocket dimension. Hopefully a couple of kilometres up, so he has time to think about how much the stop at the end is going to hurt. :D

...Not sharper... Honed. Polished. Refined.

Kratos is probably the better option. Hippolyta's busy with Themyscira, after all.

Oooh, Ares isn't going to enjoy this demotion...

:eek: ...Ow. Though... I could see Ares adapting that into gaining the Godhood of Involuntary Celibacy. His primary worshippers? :V Angry internet jackasses! It's a perfect match.

And so the coup is done. :oops: Along with Ares' love life. Now, to see the reactions of the denizens of Olympus, and perhaps a happy meeting between a mother and daughter. And oddly, I didn't see OL's little poetic interjections as an annoyance. More as an accompaniment. Like having a bard singing during an exhibition pankration match at a classical party. Or as Iron Man once put it: "Some phat beats to beat my buddy's daddy's ass to." :D

Ares swings at Hephaestaean's exposed back, striking-.
    ...intercepted from the side by a mechadendrite.

22. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

All hail Deus ex Machina! The only one acceptable, actually!

I was expecting for the Illustres to run some interferance so Ares couldn't try to sucker punch our boy Heph, but I guess the new King didn't need the help. Technology is good at multitasking, I suppose.

I personally ignored the Illustres' singing, cause anytime it happens it takes me out of a scene completely. I know it's his quirk but same way I can't stand singing in most disney movies (and it's the reason why I don't watch them) I wouldn't be able to stand somebody doing it in real live; and if I'm immersing myself in the story then that's what I imagine, the Illustres just randomly singing some quaint, soliloquy like poem and that's just immersion breaking. So, again, I ignore it completely and have done the same before, even with the Renegade, and nothing of value was lost.

23. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Good news, everyone! Ares’ temple on Themyscira is getting rebuilt. It will include a large number of works based on Ares’ latest battle.

I’m glad Paul didn’t have to intervene. I approve of the song/poem and think its content will help sway Themyscirans to Paul’s side through the upcoming disruption.

24. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

Everyone expected aph to cheat though, even Heph, it's literally her nature. It's the scorpion and the frog, you can't blame someone for something you knew it was gonna do.

25. draconomial

draconomial Getting out there.

That’s not fair to the eunuchs, now.

Prince Charon, Aabcehmu, Ardy and 8 others like this.
  26. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Preparation over Passion.

That is right up Pauls angle. Maybe he will be tempted to switch service providers?

Hephaestaean is a much better name than Hephaestian, imo

Zeus punishment is just :p

But Ares punishment is o_O

However, except for Metis none of his Titan connections were cut, right? Or are those tied to Olympos' throne?

Prince Charon, Ardy, Cuchulin and 6 others like this.
  27. Treekin3000

Treekin3000 Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

If Olympus is somewhat conceptual, adjacent to the Dream, and all of this is at least partly GODSPEECH, does that mean that OL's little poetry jam affected the fight?

Does that break his agreement with Diana?

She is going to be pissed one way or another, nobody likes it when you set up a religious coup.

Prince Charon, _The_Bomb and Cuchulin like this.
  28. Ciber

Ciber Know what you're doing yet?

I loved the song.

29. anirocks

anirocks always lurking

1. Remember heph's ascension isn't widely known. As far as Poseidon knows a cripple (heph) beat Zeus which means Zeus has become weaker and as such he can claim the throne from heph given that heph is a cripple and thus easily beatable

2. As for apho since Ares is now cast out and heph won't treat apho well she can try and succeed to cannibalize Ares to become Aphrodite areia and start new shit

3. Also a plot idea:- have the civil war between Greeks consumes the supernatural world and jl busy to minimize fallout. True darkseid sees this as a good opportunity to invade paragon's Earth, sends army under grayven (its also serves as to test his loyalty) supernatural community unite to fight grayven

30. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Oh, that was nice. Sad that a potential tool against the Reach was lost, but nice.
    The sun god? Why would he?

Cuchulin likes this.