1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

AMV Theater

Discussion in 'General' started by Guile, Mar 11, 2015.

1. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Masaki Endoh version of Aquarion OP, plus a SRW AMV here.

2. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

Then I suggest a template for proper indexing

Name: Nightmare
    Anime: Mirai Nikki
    Category: Action

Name: Bankrupt
    Anime: C, Persona, Mixed
    Category: Action/Adventure

Name: Aozora Tears MAD
    Anime: Madoka

Name: 【MAD】トップシークレット 【魔法少女まどかマギカ】
    Anime: Madoka
    Category: Action/Adventure,

Name: Play My Game
    Anime: Kara no Kyoukai

TmDagger and Nuit like this.
  3. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Got a few more for the pile.

Warp
    Stein's Gate AMV. In case you haven't seen the anime, the crux of it is that this team of amateur chuunibyou nerds discover time travel, must avert their own grisly deaths. Bit of a mind fuck, really. The AMV does a pretty good job of showing the show's 'cutesy slice of life meets crushing despair' angle.

Yona of the Dawn
    I don't even watch Akatsuki no Yona. This AMV makes me think I should, though. It reminds me of things like Gensomaden Saiyuki, in a good way.

Never Give Up
    Various, at least half I don't recognize. Most of what I take away from this AMV is a reminder that the costuming in Magi is great, and a determination to try Free!, an anime with a plot that has been described to me as 'four guys learn that swimming is fun'. But damn if it doesn't look... let's go with refreshing.
    Mmm, muscles.

World So Cold
    Naruto AMV, same group as the last one. Remember when Pain was just the coolest fucking villain since Orochimaru, just wiping out beloved characters left and right?
    Also contains copious amounts of Sharingan, but you know... that's life in Narutoland for you.

4. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

I just found this:

League of Legends Anime Opening
    I never played League of Legends, but this is Kind of hilarious because I am pretty sure that isn't the style of the series. Kind of remembers me of that Harry Potter Anime opening. My Cousin was crazy over that, she complained about Snape looking moe.

5. Master of Squirrel-fu

It's Lu's Time. A fan anime about a bunch of LoL players. The actual fight scenes are of the Players in the Champion's costume so you can tell who's who. That's why the one who's normally a little girl is a fat guy.

Also:

A tribute to the greatest earth bender ever. Guile you might like this.
    Toph - Let it Rock

6. Guile

Not bad at all, although the lyrics were pretty distracting. Allow me to retort with:

Toph Means Business, because nobody has ever had the idea of setting an amv to the Mulan song before.

Also, Cornerstone. More generally about Earthbenders, but since the best Earthbender is Toph she gets plenty of screentime.

Turns out I have a lot of these. They start to get a bit same-y after a while; how many times do you need to see clips of Toph's intro fight? Nonetheless.

One-Girl Revolution. There's a lot of strong women in the Avatar world, for good or (and) bad.

Brick By Boring Brick. In similar vein as the last, but different clips set to a different song.

Dance with the Devil. A bit weaker technically than the others, but an interesting character piece. Azula really was quite a villain, wasn't she? She felt like a revelation, at least for young adult animation.

7. Master of Squirrel-fu

Loathing

8. Red Sectoid

Red Sectoid Punmaster

Here's another good Azula one, just a little edit heavy.

9. mizzet

mizzet Connoisseur.

10. Metraxa

Metraxa Well worn.

Name: Everybody Talks
    Anime: Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai!
    Category: Humor, Feel-good

Name: Angel with a Shotgun
    Anime: Gunslinger Girl
    Category: Action, Drama

Name: It Has Begun
    Anime: Selector Infected WIXOSS
    Category: Action, Drama

Name: With a Capital T
    Anime: Kill la Kill
    Category: Action, Humor
    Mildly NSFW due to Mikisugi and it being, well, KLK

Fair spoiler warning on all of these, as one might expect.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    Germtheory3Z and Guile like this.
  11. Guile

I could've sworn we exchanged Redline AMVs in this thread. Oh well, have some.

Starting with the best, first: Ride or Die neatly shows the sheer, sexy style of Redline. Like if Tengen Toppa got turned into a racing movie (and dialed back on the speeches a little bit).

Don't Know How To Stop is the other Redline AMV in my list. A little less technically proficient, but it's not like Redline is ever less than gorgeous.

Legacy is another one that benefits from an incredibly high-quality anime: Unlimited Blade Works. Plenty of those around, but I like this one a lot.

Remember the Name. Everybody and their brother has an AMV out with this song, and this one even still has the subtitles left in. But I'm a sucker for Haikyuu stuff, and they did a good job matching the lyrics to the scenes chosen.

And finally, Strongest. I expect we'll be seeing a lot more Onepunch Man AMVs coming out by the end of the season, but this functions as a great little trailer for anyone who hasn't tried it out yet.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    dragonx99 likes this.
  12. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

Guile likes this.
  13. Guile

Hard to beat that one, but Shut Up And Dance With Me is another pretty good RWBY one. Focuses on a couple different couples.

pepperjack likes this.
  14. Trilonias

Trilonias I trust you know where the happy button is?

I feel like crying... why? There's no trauma involved!

Snake/Eater likes this.
  15. Guile

Just the trauma of life, I guess. Still, Usagi Drop got an anime? Awesome.

A few others I've found here and there since the last time this updated
    I don't even like Spice & Wolf much, but This Is Why makes a good AMV mostly on the back of a lovely song, and the way the tune itself feels like it harmonizes with what the anime was trying to be.

Lean On, Samurai Jack
    Season 5 of Samurai Jack is coming out this year, I gather. Some cartoons just have style coming out of their metaphorical ears. Samurai Jack is one.

Fangirl Chronicle, Free! with a touch of Watamote
    Speaking of style... Free! is unapologetic fangirl-bait, but for what it is it's incredibly stylish and entertaining. It makes no pretensions to high literature, and it's not one of those anime that's trying to break new stylistic ground. But that's true of a LOT of anime, and I liked Free! a lot more than most of those.

Volleybot, Haikyuu
    I'm not really sure what's going on here, but the song is punchy and the editing is maybe a little excessive but slick and professional-looking. And I am perhaps unreasonably into Haikyuu.

Trilonias likes this.
  16. Trilonias

Trilonias I trust you know where the happy button is?

Germtheory3Z likes this.
  17. Red Sectoid

Red Sectoid Punmaster

Can some explain VermillionAMVs to Me? Is it a robot? A group of artists? What? Like twice a week a ridiculously high quality amv gets released.

18. Guile

Wow, I don't know, but that's some quality stuff.

Some of my favorites, in order from slice of life or light drama feels shading to dark or adventure feels:

1) Endlessly (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)

2) Polaris (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann). A Gurren Lagann AMV that is sweet and thoughtful instead of action-packed? Bizarre.

3) Crucible of Souls (Full Metal Alchemist)

4) Wheapon (K). The first episode of the anime didn't make a lick of sense to me, but you don't need to understand it to enjoy the slick animation.

5) Phoenix (Korra)

6) Hero's Awakening (One Punch Man). Instrumental, which I always feel is a little... lazy? But OPM is so pretty...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  19. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

I'm not sure why I've been binging on RWBY AMVs recently, but I re-watched this one again while not sleep-deprived and realized it was actually pretty good. (I think. I may not be a good judge). I tend to appreciate good timing and noticeable differences in charccter between different verses and especially between different iterations of the same chorus.

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, by Set It Off (RWBY AMV by Elemental DAR)

kinglugia and Guile like this.
  20. Guile

I like the way it bounces from comedy to drama, much like RWBY. And the song seems pretty appropriate.

kinglugia and pepperjack like this.
  21. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

22. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Imabot likes this.
  23. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

I saw this video and it touched me deeply in the feels.

Trilonias and Metraxa like this.
  24. Guile

Dirty Fantasy
    Comedy AMV about an anime middle schooler perving over pretty boys. Great editing.

Firewall
    People are still making great AMVs of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Not the most heart-pumping track to set an action AMV to, but good timing matching the song to the action. And FMA is so very pretty.

Still Breathing
    I wonder why I like Lucy Heartfilia, despite all the many times she's beaten up, kidnapped, saved, useless, and/or sidelined in Fairy Tail. And yet, I like her more than many stronger, cleverer characters that have way more agency. 'Tis a mystery. But it may go something like this.

Inspirational Universe
    Steven Universe is REALLY good at sneaking the feels up on you in what's ostensibly an action-adventure cartoon. Hardly even an AMV at all, just cuts of the show set to an instrumental track.

Just Funkin' Dandy
    It's somehow appropriate that there's a weird AMV like this one for a show as weird and experimental as Space Dandy. Uptown Funk is kind of played out as an AMV song, but it's still catchy.

25. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

I don't believe I've seen anyone post this one. I remember seeing it with higher quality video, but I can't find that one.

Welcome to the Black Parade
    Anime:Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Smuthunter likes this.
  26. Master of Squirrel-fu

This needs to be shared. It's a fake op for a fake anime that I would pay real money to see.
    Fuwa Fuwa Foof

Fuwa Fuwa Foof, a show about a sweet little bunny who used to be a vicious gang leader. Her old accomplices Giri Giri and Kiri Kiri constantly try to lure her back to a life of debauchery while Foof struggles to resist the good ol’ days of punching in some teeth.

It looks like Nickelodeon animated the crossover between Hello Kitty and Panty & Stocking.

27. DawnGazer

DawnGazer Versed in the lewd.

I think I know what you're talking about. If so, it was taken down a long time ago. It MAY be on an amv website somewhere, but I'm not sure.

28. Lazurman

Huh. Thread seems a little quiet.

LET'S CHANGE THAT.

29. Lazurman

Figured I'd post one of my favorites here. Been listening to this practically on repeat. Song matches the fight perfectly.

Blue Flash also made this neat OPM thing too, as well as another Naruto one.

...Poor Obito. A lovable goofball with a crush...and then that happened.

Imabot likes this.
  30. Guile

Oh hey, this thread! It's been a while.

1) Slice of life thing. The Usagi Drop anime is pretty great, and the AMV artist does some cool tricks with perspective, like the video is shot using pictures in an album.

2) Weeaboo Peekaboo. By the same guy as the last one. It's kind of like an AMV about badass poses. Like, the Jojo of AMVs.

3) The Witchtrip and Stinger, primarily Bakemonogatari. Both just as weird and hypersexualized as an AMV of that anime deserves, I think.

4) Unsheathed, apparently the anime is something called Bakemono no Ko? It looks kind of like a Ghibli film, if Ghibli made swordfighting movies.

5) Yuri Station. I don't even know, man.