• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Ah.. You see, I can see a problem with that...

"Issei kun?"

"Yes Mittelt?"

"Why is Asia the only one with a Lover Shard?"

"Are you unsatisfied with your Warrior?"

"Well... no. But still, out of all of us, she's the only one who has Lover as a Title!"

"Yeah!" "I wanna be called a Lover too!" "Not fair" Issei's other harem members protested, all while Asia is humming in the background in her own little world while preparing dinner.
To be fair, they should probably be called Serenity Shards.

The five of them are officially titled the Maiden of Serenity, Maiden of Battle, Maiden of Secrets, Maiden of Journeys, and Maiden of End(ings). Also matching up with the Stars (and in Creation they are Stars) of Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Mercury, and Saturn respectively.

To be fair, they should probably be called Serenity Shards.

The five of them are officially titled the Maiden of Serenity, Maiden of Battle, Maiden of Secrets, Maiden of Journeys, and Maiden of End(ings). Also matching up with the Stars (and in Creation they are Stars) of Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Mercury, and Saturn respectively.
Or here's an idea, how about we NOT use something named after the Cerberus of Exalts

The Cerberus of Exalts

or have you never heard the whole Taco stand thing?
Oh. That. *Shrug* We're just naming it after them really, and even then we're not actually in Creation. I imaging Sympathetic affects are kind of hard when we're not even in a dimension/reality/plane working on the same system of physics.

But feel free to suggest other names I guess?

Oh. That. *Shrug* We're just naming it after them really, and even then we're not actually in Creation. I imaging Sympathetic affects are kind of hard when we're not even in a dimension/reality/plane working on the same system of physics.

But feel free to suggest other names I guess?
I don't think it's a good system myself, I'm one of the people who think using major+minor arcana as a thing would work, with the base unit being a blank card that shifts based on the targets personality into one or multiple cards giving them a static boost + letting them train themselves higher still without trying to half ass an Exalt type/shrug

I don't think it's a good system myself, I'm one of the people who think using major+minor arcana as a thing would work, with the base unit being a blank card that shifts based on the targets personality into one or multiple cards giving them a static boost + letting them train themselves higher still without trying to half ass an Exalt type/shrug
The only way that would be valuable is if the Static boost removes/extends the 5 dot limit and gives them Epic Attributes.

I listed it before, but with this upgrade we need to give Mortals General Dots in Abilities instead of the Specialty dots they usually end up buying, give them access to Celestial MA, get them an Excellency, and access to Epic Attributes... or Epic Abilites. Which is kind of more in theme for a Solar/something made by a Solar come to think of it. Although its our Dragon side that will eventually give us access to Epic Attributes, so... *Shrug*

The only way that would be valuable is if the Static boost removes/extends the 5 dot limit and gives them Epic Attributes.

I listed it before, but with this upgrade we need to give Mortals General Dots in Abilities instead of the Specialty dots they usually end up buying, give them access to Celestial MA, get them an Excellency, and access to Epic Attributes... or Epic Abilites. Which is kind of more in theme for a Solar/something made by a Solar come to think of it. Although its our Dragon side that will eventually give us access to Epic Attributes, so... *Shrug*
Exalted stuff can't give Epic Attribs because, well it's not a thing in Creation, which is why we can't get them, that dosn't mean our minions can't get them, please note, Evil Pieces, you know, the things we are working out how to make give Epic Attributes as a matter of course so it goes to reason that we will work out how to do the same thing for our minions, they won't be Solars, but on the other hand they will have Epic Attributes, in some cases more then they already do

/shrug

it's the marrage of the two that's the big thing, if we just wanted to teach them CMA, well, I've already made a charm extension that's been oked for that, and we could probably inject enough dragonness into the pure humans to keep them from exploding even without anything else

but we have options, lots of options, so we don't need to half ass a major thing just to make 'Fake Exalts' badly

I just wanted to use the constellations and Talismans like in Jackie Chan. It's other guys who complicated by wondering which constellations.

Last edited:
Exalted stuff can't give Epic Attribs because, well it's not a thing in Creation, which is why we can't get them, that dosn't mean our minions can't get them, please note, Evil Pieces, you know, the things we are working out how to make give Epic Attributes as a matter of course so it goes to reason that we will work out how to do the same thing for our minions, they won't be Solars, but on the other hand they will have Epic Attributes, in some cases more then they already do

/shrug

it's the marrage of the two that's the big thing, if we just wanted to teach them CMA, well, I've already made a charm extension that's been oked for that, and we could probably inject enough dragonness into the pure humans to keep them from exploding even without anything else

but we have options, lots of options, so we don't need to half ass a major thing just to make 'Fake Exalts' badly
Maybe you missed the memo of Solars being able to do anything with enough time and effort. We totally can make Epic Attributes a thing, we just need to know its possible, which we already do thanks to Oni-Loli-Grandma and Dragon stuff. Besides, we're emulating the Maidens' Exaltations based on the Evil Piece system anyway, its not grounded in Creation in how it will function.

And I don't even get what you're arguing at this point, that's exactly what I'm saying we should make!

And you're kind of missing the point that no one has come as close as we are to even half-assing an Exaltation. This is fucking huge.
I just wanted to use the constellations and Talismans like in Jackie Chan. It's other guys who complicated by wondering which constellations.
*Sits back down* I know, but it was going to come up. Creation has a bit more of a limited set of Constellations to work with, but... *Shrug* Still a lot.

Maybe you missed the memo of Solars being able to do anything with enough time and effort. We totally can make Epic Attributes a thing, we just need to know its possible, which we already do thanks to Oni-Loli-Grandma and Dragon stuff. Besides, we're emulating the Maidens' Exaltations based on the Evil Piece system anyway, its not grounded in Creation in how it will function.

And I don't even get what you're arguing at this point, that's exactly what I'm saying we should make!

And you're kind of missing the point that no one has come as close as we are to even half-assing an Exaltation. This is fucking huge.
*Sits back down* I know, but it was going to come up. Creation has a bit more of a limited set of Constellations to work with, but... *Shrug* Still a lot.
And maybe YOU missed the QM flat out saying Issei would never get Epic Attribs

You know, it's quasi canon in the oWoD that Autochthon somehow made it to Earth's reality and is in a shadow-orbit of the planet, exactly opposite us on the other side of the Sun.

If that's true here, and there's anything approaching sentience left in the old guy, than what's the bet he senses what Issei and Bright are doing and decides to contact them?

[X] Apologize
-[X] "Irina, I'm sorry I was such an idiot when we were children and even more of one just now. I don't have any real excuse for my stupidity and even if I did I won't insult you by making it. But I will say this; It's wonderful to see you again Irina-chan." Hug her.
--[X] "How can I make it up you?"
---[X] I wonder why your parents never corrected me. I always did use male pronouns while talking about something you did around them.[/QUOTE]

What if we just made a general RPG reference:

Knight, Priest, Rogue, Witch, Bard

They can be pendants based off of iconic symbols or weapons, and offer bonuses to the appropriate Abilities. Maybe a special Class Charm or something for each of them, with more somehow unlockable?

What if we just made a general RPG reference:

Knight, Priest, Rogue, Witch, Bard

They can be pendants based off of iconic symbols or weapons, and offer bonuses to the appropriate Abilities. Maybe a special Class Charm or something for each of them, with more somehow unlockable?
So Knight, Bishop, Pawn, Pile of Cinders, Never invited to Parties

seems a little to close to Devil style but as I've said before, this really isn't doing anything with 25% of the project left unfinished, we don't have a definite target to work towards so we are just going to argue and bitch at each other if we try and work on this now, and in the end get nothing done but pissing everyone off, mods included

Then there's the whole 'Set' argument. I'm not against quantity, but we can't exactly get into a rating game with a 100 followers, can we?

I'm favorable to an extended servant set:

Saber, Lancer, Shielder - Knight classes, buff for STR, AGI, END respectively (or whatever are the Exalted counterparts)

Berserker (this one goes for Shougo, does have that mad enhancement, but does not hinder skilled brawler), Avenger (for Yang, power goes up with damage taken)

Archer, Launcher, Caster - Accuracy, Artillery, and Special effects.

Enchantress (buffer), Temptress (debuffer), Assassin, Ruler (Battleground Control, Eiko) - Support classes.

Of course we can have more than one, there's no problem with that.

Rikuo and Kenichi are also valid to be Half Caste. Need to introduce each other as mortal friends, though.
Honoka, too, of course.

Rikuo and Kenichi are also valid to be Half Caste. Need to introduce each other as mortal friends, though.
Honoka, too, of course.
errr, no, I wouldn't trust them with it and I doubt Bright would, they may be friends but they are not anywhere near as close to use as our ladies or even Berserker, Ken-chan barely even counts as a friend, and Rikuo doesn't need the boost, the kids OP as it is, it's not like he needs to be made into a half-caste to learn CMA in the event we chose to teach him anyway

and Honoka, don't even get me started, as adorable as she is, she doesn't need an even bigger target on her back

Then there's the whole 'Set' argument. I'm not against quantity, but we can't exactly get into a rating game with a 100 followers, can we
We WON'T be able to do Rating Games unless we limit our 'Sets' to equal of the Devils which would mean temporarily neutering the people joining us in Games.

errr, no, I wouldn't trust them with it and I doubt Bright would, they may be friends but they are not anywhere near as close to use as our ladies or even Berserker, Ken-chan barely even counts as a friend, and Rikuo doesn't need the boost, the kids OP as it is, it's not like he needs to be made into a half-caste to learn CMA in the event we chose to teach him anyway

and Honoka, don't even get me started, as adorable as she is, she doesn't need an even bigger target on her back
They will earn our trust, in time. Or at least we can teach them Terrestrial Martial Arts (in Kenichi's case).

They will earn our trust, in time. Or at least we can teach them Terrestrial Martial Arts (in Kenichi's case).
to learn TMA you need Essence, which means we need to turn him into a Half-Caste, no, he does not need it, he is not anywhere near that close to us, and is very unlikely ever to be, TMA, CMA and Essence are not Candy you give out to passing acquaintances just because the have a bad taste in there mouth, they are worth warping truths that shatter the foundation of existence as people know it, no handing out nukes to teens without being by them almost 24/7 and Ken-chan is so very much not going to become that close to us, Alexander is not into that sort of that, even if Issei was.

besides, Ken-chan has more then enough teachers as it is, Honoka would be the only one with a shit show in hell of getting to learn that sort of thing in that family from us, and even then the chances are slim that she will want or need it or that we will be willing

I think fundamentally people are making a mistake in assuming that we need to stick with the existing trend of having different types of piece for different "classes".

The blank arcana idea is better because rather then having us decide which class the person fits in the card itself does it. But it still has the problem of assuming predefined classes, with matching card designs, are required.

Instead of all that I suggest a glowing dragon, IE: mini-Solar-Dragon, that gives the ability to reach E5, learn Celestial MA, and some other kinda of bonus that is allocated not in any predefined way but by the receiver's subconscious.

The details of that other bonus would depend upon just how powerful our booster is but I figure it would probably be about making them better at doing stuff they can already do.

My reasoning there is that the ability to reach E5 and learn Celestial MA are fundamentally about boosting the amount of power a mundane human body can withstand. That is really a dragon thing since they are all about raw power. Therefore the other aspect of the enhancement should reflect Solar thematics which ultimately boil down to simply making a person better at things they are already good at.

Oh... wait... wouldn't happen to be "Glorious Shotgun Princess" you're talking about?
2012-02-27-226.jpg

I think this is the reference

Uhm, maybe I wasn't clear:

Issei completed 75% of the Evil Pieces. Yes. But that's enough: he already has everything he needs to start creating his own Pieces. Bright is providing First Age technology to cover lacunae.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back