1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ancient Legos [Worm/Stargate]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TCGM, Jan 31, 2018.

1. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

She wouldn't mind. Her goals are the survival of humanity, and she works anonymously, so ego isnt her thing..

2. badger.black

badger.black Drunken Woodland Mammal

No, that puts them ahead of us. Just imagine what could be accomplished with all the time sank into making sure all the links on reddit aren't blue anymore!

Who am I kidding, we would all still waste that time on cat videos and baiting Voidcowboy into another temp ban on PHO...

If Japan gets partially sunk then there is a good chance there is no 2Channel. And without 2Channel Moot doesn't have the inspiration for 4Chan. So in the end...

*puts on tinfoil hat*

It's all a Leviathan plot!!

3. RichardWhereat

2chan launched in May 1999, and the servers were based in the USA, as was the founder. At the time the dude was at UCA. He was raised in Tokyo which is not on Kyushu.

It's likely that both 2chan, and 4chan still existed in Earth Bet.

4. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Uh:

That's [hr][/hr]. It works on SB and SV too, but the syntax is slightly different; you need just [hr] without the [/hr].

5. Orion Scimatarii

Orion Scimatarii Not too sore, are you?

Dammit Chris!

Your not supposed to CREATE THE REPLICATORS!!

Modular Tinker Meet SG-verse.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?? I WONDER WHAT HMMMMMMMMM.

6. SpatialGaming

SpatialGaming Scifi Tech and Magic Theorist

That... Is not a good thing at all. If Kid Win has built the Replicators, then that is something that Weldon needs to deal with immediately.

7. TCGM

TCGM (Unverified God/Space Snek)

Ziz can be this story's magical girl Endbringer then, I suppose. I'll try to work it in.

Ah, an enemy combatant in the wild. Greetings, 4chan user.

You just know Piggot wants to do this to him at some level.

Everyone likes to be appreciated. Even Miss Fedora. Once she gets over the fact she's essentially useless to long term planning now, anyways.

Reddit is responsible for a lot of progress worldwide in the past few years. The world would be a darker place without it. PHO kind of fills that role, functioning as a hybrid of Reddit and SB/SV/QQ, but it's still not proper Reddit. No AMAs with reknowned experts in their fields, no Ask<Whatever> subs, no hugs of death to support upcoming things or things that otherwise would've never seen the light of day on any media... 4chan has none of this.

Sinking Kyushu to prevent 4chan's existence?

Might this possibly be a Wildbow plot?!

Tokyo is in Japan though and Japan got shafted on Bet due to Kyushu's sinking, sooo..... I don't know enough about the circumstances of 4chan's founding to comment either way though.

Oh my gods, THANK YOU!

Chris didn't make the Replicators. Replicators are actually maliciously programmed Alteran Constructors. Shipyard released them to repair the Hyperion, remember?

No no, Kid Win was inspired by the Hyperion's Cannons.

That statement should send chills down your spines.

moonberserker, macdjord and BBJimmy like this.
  8. SpatialGaming

Oh, dear... I'm not sure whether that is better or worse...

january1may likes this.
  9. RichardWhereat

TCGM Shipyards shown planning skills thus far have been "Come at me bro," to an endbringer. I don't think Fortuna with her resources and background knowledge would be put into a back seat yet.

CTrees and Fencer like this.
  10. TCGM

Better, definitely better. For our entertainment, that is!

This is an entirely fair, relevant point :p Weldon's specialty is clearly not making plans.

RichardWhereat likes this.
  11. SpatialGaming

Maybe he should let Tattletale be his Ops officer, with Aegis as CTO, (Chief Tactical Officer), and True as ATO, (Assistant Tactical Officer), and Miss Militia as tactical consultant. I would also like to know what Taylor is doing at the moment.

Prince Charon likes this.
  12. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

I don't recognize what 'ankh he ate us' is supposed to be.

13. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

I thought it was a very distorted pronunciation of "Ancients."

14. TCGM

Taylor's current activities have clues in CH8. As for the crewmembers, we'll see!

EDIT: Nope, too spoilery, I will just say that the word he spoke is very familiar to Stargate fans.

Prince Charon likes this.
  15. SpatialGaming

She must be FluteGirl... I don't see it, but I hope that we get the answers in the coming chapters. Also, what is your update schedule for your stories TCGM?

16. Gaming Geek

Gaming Geek Tired of the random default stuff

Anquietas in Ancient, pronounced ang-kwih-eh-tas

Ah Wikipedia, you have all Ancient words so easily found.
    So yea. Seems this Merlin's got some secrets.

17. SwiftRosenthal

That must be some EU shit, because I've been a fan since the start of S6 and seen every episode and movie outside of Origins, and never encountered that word before.

18. RichardWhereat

I never understood why that was meant to be Taylor in fanfics. Yeah, we understand the connection because it was a horrific event in her bullying, but it was an horrific event in her bullying, I hardly think she'd reference that as her username.

References to Reading, yes.
    References to Middle name, yes.
    References to English, yes.
    References to Docks, yes.
    References to Ferry, yes.

Flute references, no.

january1may likes this.
  19. Admiral Naismith

Admiral Naismith Getting some practice in, huh?

I distinctly remember Daniel saying it at least once at some point as part of a larger phrase in Ancient, then repeating the phrase in English, with Anquietas being the Ancient's own word for Ancient (even though I think they technically never actually used that as their own species name - they called themselves Alterans or Lanteans at different times IIRC).
    I think that scene may actually be when the Ancients were named so, though I'm almost certain that word got used more later on...

Also since Myrrdin knows that word, I'm guessing he may not even be a parahuman here... or more than just that if he is who I think he might be...
    Or maybe there's an "Ascended Ancient" shard just like there's a "Lantean with all Ancient knowledge" shard... if that's even a "real" shard and not something that came from a Repository... or a shard ate a Repository... also that might mean Myrrdin has been massively sandbagging... or since this seems to be a crossover beyond the unusual power, Ascended Ancients are "corrupting" that shard to help humans against the Entities...

20. Gaming Geek

Gaming Geek Tired of the random default stuff

21. SpatialGaming

I agree, Richardwhereat, if you can think of anything better, then say so.

I cannot think of a username that is not synonymous with either her experiences at Winslow, or her cape identity. This is the case with all the fics that I remember reading, and it should be noted that we are not the author, nor are we undergoing similar treatment, (if you are, I hope and pray that you are able to get out of the situation quickly), and thus, cannot easily empathize with, or understand the motives of, someone in Taylor's position.

Bullying, from what I understand, can really change a person's thought patterns, perhaps FluteGirl is her username because she doesn't want to forget what the flute meant to her, and as a minor form of payback and defiance to the Trio that destroyed it. It could possibly be a show of strength, telling those on PHO that know her that while she may be battered and beaten, she is not broken. If that last is the case, then I can not say enough about her strength of will and quality of character that she can do that.

22. TCGM

All shall be revealed... in time ;)

As for my update schedule; the schedule of my updates is that it doesn't exist. I write when I can, on what I can, and release it when I'm able. As the previous hiatus proved to me, pushing myself to write at all, and especially on a specific thing, only makes my muse go on strike for months. So, basically, it's all up in the air. So far that lack of any kind of structure has lead to Chapters 7 and 8 being written in the last few days, alongside Shipping It being two chapters finished already. This is after months of absolute jack entering my head.

I'm gonna go with the thing that works xD

Indeed.

There's your problem, Swift. The Fifth Race is an SG1 S2 episode.

So here's how I see it. The flute is not a major incident in her bullying. The destruction of it is, but the flute itself is one of the only remaining things from Taylor's mother. Something incredibly special to her. Moreso than reading, her middle name, the English language, a bunch of dried up docks or some stupid ferry. The flute is something deeply personal to Taylor. It's why she brought it to school in an attempt to weather the bullying in the first place. She didn't bring a book, a printout of her name, a postcard of the docks or the ferry.

She brought her mother's Flute.

And yes, as Spatial said, there is some aspect of sticking it to the trio behind the username as well.

Also, in this story, Taylor has had FluteGirl since before the Flute was damaged. This tends to reign true in my headcanon overall.

Prince Charon and RichardWhereat like this.
  23. SwiftRosenthal

"I started watching with S6 (and the move from Showtime to Sci-Fi)" and "I've seen every episode" were unrelated statements. I caught the weekday evening reruns that included S1-5, when they were still a thing, and watched the entire franchise from start to finish after SGU ended.

E: That's still 6-7 years since I last watched The Fifth Race...

24. TCGM

The rampant speculation is deliciousness incarnate :D

Take another step outside the box of reality and you'll get closer.

25. january1may

january1may Versed in the lewd.

The way I understand it? The flute wasn't just a horrific event in her bullying. The flute was an important event in her upbringing - important enough that she'd plausibly use it for her PHO username, which was probably in use well before the horrific event happened (autumn 2010, I believe, so only a few months prior to canon start).

Of course, then the horrific event happened, and the significance of the flute fundamentally changed. I suspect that she only stayed with that username because changing it was too inconvenient.

In other words...
    ...basically this.

26. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

So, it isn't his cape name, he 'is' Myrddin.
    Aka Merlin
    Aka a descended Ancient.

27. TCGM

You should join the SG Discord on our rewatch! We're on S2 last time I checked.

I'm not going to admit how many times I've watched the various shows through, though. Don't wanna seem like a crazy person.

Looks at username

Okay, any crazier.

Pretty much. Except for the significance of the flute changing. It is still an artifact of her mother. One of the only ones she has left. If anything it's even more important now.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. The clues are present if you look closely enough, and as our Glow Club friends are fond of saying, open your mind ;)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  28. TheDisturbedDragon

TheDisturbedDragon Prepare the Titans.

Yes. YES. YESSSSSSS!
    THIS is how an endbringer kill should be reacted to! So many stories have it being either a "great, now what" or an intensely private celebration thing, but this perfectly shows how I believe people would react to this. Also, if that WAS a replicator... well, the Alterans have tech that the Replicators can't beat as is, and there's no way to adapt to something if you get annihilated on a subatomic level before you can give any scans of it to your leaders. Alterans vs Reps in SG universe would likely be the reps victory, but that's just because the Alterans had practically no military culture. If they'd been tactical and/or more aggressive even the Wraith would have definitely lost, considering the sheer capabilities of the Alterans.
    In addition, I'm curious: is this actually in the SG universe? Shipyard said the stargate worked, so doesn't that mean there have to be stargates elsewhere? And if so, just what is the discovery of a 2nd earth and someone who can summon Atlantis-sized cityships complete with armaments going to do to it? I presume the Ancients are going to flip their shit at a living, non-ascended lantean, but... well... he has all the blueprints created by the Lantean civilization. That technically should include Moros's shit and the Dakara superweapon.
    TCGM can we get a WOG on this?

29. TCGM

THIS. SO MUCH THIS. Humanity is besieged for over half a century by unstoppable, unkillable monsters that continue to take down cities, killing millions of people, and decimate countries. And someone takes one out. A worldwide party should be step ONE. It irritates me to no end that a lot of Worm stories brush such an achievement off either through cynicism or lack of hope. That's not how Humanity works.

Are they Replicators? ;)

Yeah, there really is no reason the Alterans should've lost to the Wraith except them being retarded. There was actually a fic out there somewhere that posited the idea Stargate Earth-based Humanity having warlike tendencies was actually put in place by the Alterans as a way to succeed where they failed.

Has Shipyard tested a Stargate? Not yet. He is assuming the Gate network exists only because he hasn't yet looked too closely at his reality.

This is Earth Bet, the Wormverse, not the Stargate multiverse. And, assumptions abound about how much Weldon actually has access to. He does have blueprints to the Dakara superweapon ("Galactic Scale Matter Manipulation Wave Generator", first chapter), but I have not stated anything about him having Merlin tech.

CTrees, BBJimmy and Prince Charon like this.
  30. Daimonin

Daimonin Lewd the loli!

Love your story tcgm, please keep it up.

Awww but if ziz becomes a 8-9 year old magical girl, shes much less likely her and Weldon will be together. ZIZ IS BEST GIRL!

january1may likes this.