1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtVS] Harmony Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Biigoh, Apr 15, 2013.

Loading...
  1. Threadmarks: Index
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
  2. Threadmarks: Character Sheet
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [​IMG]

    Name : Harmony Kandell, Gentlelady Adventurer and Professional Cheerleader
    Status : At the Summer's residence and quite confused.
    Alignment : Ditzy Good

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1170/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (554/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League / 3 Miles / 4.828 Kilometers

    Basic Aetheric Equipment Repair Kit
    - The absolute minimum, mind.

    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol Charger
    - Requires plugging into an aetheric charging station. Alternatively, vitae capacitors can be recharge via electrostatic discharge from a negative charged atmospheric region. But only in the most barbaric hinterlands is this necessary.

    Portable Babbage/Lovelace Analytical Engine
    - Monocle Display unit
    - Hand held scanning device
    - Miniaturize Babbage/Lovelace Analytical Engine

    'Immobile' Thinking Clank "Victoria Celestia Lunatic Pandora Frankenfurter the First"
    - High speed dial-up connection to the "internet"
    - Spy Satellite Drone
    - Wireless Display Unit with a connection to Victoria

    A lady's personal effects
    - It is most crass and impolite to ask about the contents of such. And only the most brutish of boars would do so.

    A coin purse
    - Contents are most distressingly low. You are down to your last few sterling notes and shillings.
    - Contents are TRULY distressing, you don't have your credit card on you and only have money from Britain.
     
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  3. Threadmarks: 1 - Ethan's
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    You are Harmony Kendall.

    You're a student in Sunnydale High, a totally boring high school with the exception for the clique you were in, and the hotties in the football team.

    And today has been a bad day.

    You had a costume lovingly made for halloween and everything, and boy did your fingers hurt from when you accidentally prinked yourself with the needles. but like the world just kept trying to shut you down or something.

    Your unicorn princess costume was totally awesome, complete with wings and everything. You had it stored in closet... but... but moths got in there.

    And the wings were just absolutely ruined, along with OTHER things. Very important things, because clothes were how you showed you were cool as they were part of the Cordettes' unspoken creed.

    You wouldn't be able to go to the highschool halloween as pretty princess unicorn pink sun, and that was a total crying shame.

    Luckily, you heard from Aphrodesia who heard from... well, she didn't matter because she wasn't a part of Cordettes, and that made her totally uncool... that there was this Halloween costume store called Ethans... which had some pretty nice costumes for reasonable prices.

    Score~

    You've made your way there after school...

    And now came the difficult choice, what to buy~ uh huh... you'll need to think on this because you kind of need to get a concept first to pull the costume together. A theme was central or something like that...

    You stand at the door and looked in at the screaming children, the parents and guardians looking extremely stressed out... this wasn't cool. Not cool at all.

    It was obvious that your day wouldn't get any better.

    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Ethan's
    - - -

    Do you...
    [X] Back away, you heard that Party Town in LA had pretty good costumes and woulnd't be a hastle to get clothes at...
    [X] Brave the crowd of children. There had to be items that you could use to make a costume.
     
  4. Threadmarks: 2 - Choices
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] Brave the thong of little monsters

    You stand outside in the chilkly fall breeze, and breath in and out.

    This would require perservance, but you can't just find a unicorn withou that and stuff. You're fairly certain that was what the word meant... from your vague memories of the 1 word a day calender that your mother had bought you.

    You focus your full attention.

    Maximum power.

    Full endurance.

    You push open the door and step in.

    This was nothing, had you not survived the Dreadful Battles of Black Friday at Macy's?

    You would endure!

    You are Harmony Kendall, and you roared loud and fierce...

    Well... not really, you squeaked and darted away from a young perverted boy whose hand had landed upon your tushy. Disgusting little perv, he would grow up to be a perv like that that that guy that Cordy was seeing. Oh, how she had fallen.

    You shake your head and explored the store.

    While there were choices, that didn't make things easier for you. After all, there were choices and then there were choices.

    Still, a few of them had given you ideas~

    You believe you could piece together an outfit of a future you, president of the United States or the world or something. That was a hilarious thought. Girls couldn't be presidents, even if people said that it was possible. That was as likely as a black man becoming the president. Just wouldn't happen.

    There was also a possible oufit that you could make some kind of victorian lady. While you didn't hold with the fashion sense, you could see yourself looking snappy with that little hat, flashy jacket and rather short skirt. There were also oddly, lots of gears everywhere. You're not sure why they're there...

    Or you could maybe... that was a rather fetching princess dress... you could include in some glittery fairy wings you saw in the window and throw in a tiara and maybe wand? You guess you could look like a fairy godmother... a stupidly sexy fairy godmother.

    There were so many choices...
    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Choices
    - - -

    What do you pick?
    [X] Future President Harmony Kendall
    [X] Steampunk Victorian Harmony Kendall
    [X] Fairy Godmother Harmony Kendall
    [X] Write In.

    Please be aware that if your write in doesn't fits Harmony's personality, it will be filtered thru her personality~
     
  5. Threadmarks: 3 - Score~
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [​IMG]
    Click on picture for a larger version of the jacket

    [X] Steampunk Victorian Harmony Kendall

    You hemm and haww as you wondered the store, mind lost in what you could do with the assorted costume pieces.

    You were tempted by the knight outfit, being somewhat inspired by the comment made by that dweeb behind you when you were looking at the pieces of it.

    But even if it was come as you're not, you're not into other girls and would want to go prancing about like a les... lebanonist in a man's outfit and hitting on them with a sword and stuff.

    Because you're totally not like what they say cheerleaders or the Cordettes were. And Cordelia had made it absolutely certain that the Cordettes were not that way.

    Something about don't ask, don't tell... like totally bogus, why couldn't you tell if you score some total beefcake? Or a scrumptious blondie bear? S'not fair that you couldn't brag.

    Still, it was a good idea to try something new. After all, EVERYONE was expecting you with a unicorn type halloween costume or maybe a pink princessy outfit... or even a fairy godmother outfit.

    You're going to surprise them!

    You'll show them. You'll show them ALL!

    A short white french waistcoat that had to be silk if you had any kind of a judge, a skirt with gears already sewn in them, a tiny top hat... oh!!! a monocle. It was fancy, total score-age!

    That's when you behold it; the jacket.

    The weave, the stitching, the embroidery, the lacey design. And that fabric. It was absolute perfection.... this was more than just a jacket, but it wasn't long enough to be called a proper coat, even if it did have the double vent tails at the back for such.

    Creamy yellow that was almost gold, and given the way it shone under the lights, you could swear that this... this jacket might have had gold and silver threading.

    Naturally, you took it before someone else could lay their filthy and unworthy hands on such a thing. This absolutely gorgeous and perfect jacket that you would get even if it wasn't halloween. Why it's in Ethan's, you do not know. What you DO know is that such a item would have kill your credit card easily. But the price tag on it... well, if the man didn't know what this was worth... not your fault.

    It would take work to get the skirt to match the fancy jacket, but it could be done. You know so. You had a pair of boots that could sort of go with the jacket, but then, black went with everything.

    You sigh and idly included a toy gun that looked like it had been a nerf gun at one point before someone bronze plated it and added a few gears, dials and... was that? It did look like someone included in some LED display on the side with a little slot for a battery to power it.

    How... well, if you were going to be a lady adventurer, you really needed to include in a vintage gun that looked like it belonged to the era of Mary Poppins.

    Paying for the items in question wasn't too bad, while the cost was more than what Party Town would have charged for outright buying of said costume parts, it was underscored by just how cheap the jacket had been. And that jacket would have cost a fortune in any normal clothing store.

    And with the receipt in your hand along with the outfit... it was yours.

    You made your way home and tried it on and discovered that yes, your keen eyes and astonishing fashion sense was unbeatable. This would beat even that cat costume that Cordelia was said to have gotten from Party Town in LA...

    Becaue you were Harmony Kandell, gentlelady adventurer~


    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Score~
    - - -

    What To Do Now?
    [X] Didn't you have some brats to escort? Conscription by that total Nepotalian Principal.
    [X] Hahaha... time for some treat or treating...
    [X] Let's party at the Bronze and show off your swanky costume~
    [X] Write In.
     
  6. Threadmarks: 4 - Happy Halloween
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

    Sauce is http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=34330.0

    [X] Didn't you have some brats to escort? Conscription by that total Nepotalian Principal.
    - - [X] Let's not forget your accessories need batteries~...

    (7:58:18 AM) ***QQ-Dicebot --> "bii_home rolls 1d20 how many little brats?!?! and gets 18."

    "I must say that I didn't expect you to show up with that," The nepotalian principal Snyder blinked at your costume. "Still, I suppose something like that would be a costume for you, being classy and such. You're handling that group of kids."

    You're pointed at a group of eighteen boys and girls, still in elementary school and still doing the boys/girls are icky. This was tricky, you didn't really leave that until you go to high school. You didn't want to have to deal with children fighting each other and such when they should be doing fun things like getting as much candy as possible.

    You'll have to take the initiative on this, given the sullen boys who weren't happy to have gotten a boy to chaperon them.

    "So, I take it you prefer soldier boy over there to be the one who walk you around," The dour looks and nods from some of the boys were really hard on your feelings. The other ones, you're fairly certain that boys THAT young shouldn't be attracted to you... but you REALLY were hot, amazing, and have the most swanky of outfits of the... conscripted high schoolers.

    You shake your head. "Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't be like cool while being pretty, you shouldn't be hating girls because girls are prettier than boys."

    As the boys blinked at your statement, you whipped out the ZAP pistol as you had named it out of its holster. It was already glowing from where you had flipped the switch. Mister Pinky would have to do without his AA batteries for tonight. As you pointed the barrel at one of the boys, you can see the eyes of the boys widened in surprise.

    Well... it looks like you've won the loyalty of the gaggle of children that had been dumped on you, you post standing in an action pose, with one leg resting on a chair seat, gun point upwards while glowing. "I am Harmony, Gentlelady Adventurer. And tonight, we will adventure and we will locate and ac... ac... acquire much treasure and candies, right?"

    You smile cheerfully at the children who beam back with brilliant smiles.

    "Looking nice there, Harm," Oh, it was the dweeb, what's his name... Xena or something like that. "Was totally not expecting you to get a costume that kickass."

    To that statement, you just smile and shake your head before waving your baton with its glow in the dark stripes in one hand and guided your gaggle of school children off. You didn't need to speak, you knew you weren't the brightest of bulbs but... even so, best not to socialize with the dweeb. Your coolness rating would drop just by being near him.

    And thus, you visited home after home with your gaggle. And you find that for little kids, they could be cool and wished that they didn't refer to you as the cool old lady. You weren't old!

    - - -​

    Elsewhere...

    "I understand that you have foreseen issues that would arise for you and the world from certain individuals and prophecies. Rest assured that Wolfram and Hart take the concerns of their clients in the most absolute and serious of terms," The woman spoke into the phone and leaned back on her rather comfortable chair.

    She nodded at the response. "And I can appreciate that you feel that there are delays and such that would impact your continued existence, and as such, your status of being one of Wolfram and Hart's valued clientele."

    "However, let me reassure you that by tomorrow noon at the very latest, there will be a new slayer. One who is not prophesied to endanger you, at least, moreso than a normal slayer. That is a guarantee from Wolfram and Hart that you can cash," She smiled. "One way or the other, the issue will be solved for you. We have our top people on this."

    There was more nods and agreeing sounds from her lips at what was said over the phone.

    "Happy Halloween to you too." And with that, the phone was hung up and she looked out the window of her office on to a modern day city of iniquity, ancient Sodom and Gomorrah reborn, a city of angels... all fallen; Los Angeles in all its glittering glory.

    - - -​

    Elsewhere, in the nearly empty storage room of a certain costume store, Ethan Rayne knelt before the bust of Janus, the god of duality... praying. Murmuring to the statue surrounded by candles.

    "Janus, evoco vestram animam. Exaudi meam causam. Carpe noctem pro consilio vestro. Veni, appare et nobis monstra quod est infinita potestas.

    Persona se corpum et sanguium commutandum est. Vestra sancta praesentia concrescet viscera. Janus! Sume noctem!" As he finished his prayer, the eyes of the statue glowed with green light.

    "Showtime!"



    You are Harmony Kendall.

    You're a student in Sunnydale High, a totally boring high school with the exception for the clique you were in, and the hotties in the football team.

    You are currently escorting a gaggle of school children.

    No.... you are....

    You are.

    So much more.

    You are [​IMG]. A minor spark of no note. Late of Eternal Albion. Clacker extraordinaire and a surprisingly good runner amongst the shadows cast by gas lamps.

    You had to flee the Empire and Europa, the continent wasn't safe for you not after that snafu in your last job for Mister Smith, to... to....

    Where WERE you?

    You glance around, the local seemed almost rustic with the design of the houses, the vehicles that were unfamiliar to you even if the principles behind it had to be.

    You sniffed the air. Burnt petroleum byproducts and other... the air stank with pollution. How barbaric.

    That was when you noticed the growling around you, as miniature monsters rose. Your Portable Analytical Engine clicked and clattered before displaying the results on your monocle, results gathered from the rod-shaped scanning device in your hand.

    You frowned before smiling. You had OBVIOUSLY triggered a defense mechanism of this town. They had their defensive monsters hidden as 'innocent children'. "How absolutely delightful. A transmorphic effect powered by a harmonic resonance in the lower band of aetheric energies..."

    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Happy Halloween
    - - -

    What should you do now?
    [X] Deal with the monsters swiftly and lethal. A few dead monsters should put the fear of you in them.
    [X] Deal with the monsters with non-lethal force. Let's not trigger additional dangers.
    [X] Run away!
    [X] Wait... was that a scream? Was there some helpless maiden in danger? Begone, little annoyances!
    [X] Write In~



    [​IMG]
    Name : Harmony Kandell, Gentlelady Adventurer~
    Status : Location unknown, surrounded by little monsters... it's going to be one of those days or nights.
    Alignment : Ditzy Good

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League

    Basic Aetheric Equipment Repair Kit
    - The absolute minimum, mind.

    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol Charger
    - Requires plugging into an aetheric charging station. Alternatively, vitae capacitors can be recharge via electrostatic discharge from a negative charged atmospheric region. But only in the most barbaric hinterlands is this necessary.

    Portable Babbage/Lovelace Analytical Engine
    - Monocle Display unit
    - Hand held scanning device
    - Miniaturize Babbage/Lovelace Analytical Engine

    A lady's personal effects
    - It is most crass and impolite to ask about the contents of such. And only the most brutish of boars would do so.

    A coin purse
    - Contents are most distressingly low. You are down to your last few sterling notes and shillings.
     
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  7. Threadmarks: 5 - Princess of Helium
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] Wait... was that a scream? Was there some helpless maiden in danger? Begone, little annoyances!

    It takes but an instant. Nay, a fraction of an instance and your scanner is back in its contacted, while your trusty Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol has replaced it in your hand.

    Even as you held it in a comfortable grip and gave a devil may care smile, easily worth a hundred Europa tokens straight from the mint, you could feel the rotary engine spinning up as electricity arced from the aetheric ionizers over the vitae chambers.

    "Hold!" You loudly interrupted the growls and snarls from the little monsters who had slipped out of their disguises. "Or be prepared to taste hot stella ion pulses, for while the gods might forgive you. Know that I, [​IMG], am not as forgiving nor as merciful."

    They care not for your words. It is with regret that you target them.

    The sudden shriek from nearby, that pitch, that tone.... you know that frequency of distress. Why it was number forty five, the good old "I'm female, helpless and have no idea what's going on. But there are strange monsters around me. Someone help me!"

    Instincts, that you've tried to correct and get rid of, kick in as you reflexively shot the monsters around you. Stunning shots, because you never know... and it's always best to slowly escalate events instead of going straight for the kill or vaporize options all the time. After all, that minion just shot could have been another hero trying to also save the day by infiltrating the fortress as a minion.

    The pulses of incandescent bolts of electrostatic charges struck true and the little monsters collapsed to the road unconscious. Well, that was a relief... that they were still vulnerable to human level electrical disruptions of their neural pathways.

    With a clatter of the compact heels of your boots impacting the ground, you dashed down the street and around the bend to behold a strange sight.

    A maiden struck up upon a lamp post, but the sight that met your eyes was one of a vision of loveliness; a slender girlish figure of modest sizes and not that of overfed slatterns. Her face was oval and delicate as if crying out that it was a flower just ready to blossom. Her skin was the thing of interest to you, for it was the hue of henna. But the flow and complexion said that this was natural and not make, and if designed by a madboy, then he was talented beyond compare.

    More of the little monsters were gathered at the bottom of said lamp post. Well, you were going to have to deal with this.

    "Have no fear, mademoiselle. for [​IMG] is here. Give me but a moment and we shall soon see you free of your tormentors."

    A series of shots later, and the rather scantily clad alien was soon saved, and was gingerly climbing down the lamp post. You were being generous in calling her scantily clad given all she wore were tattoos and highly wrought ornaments, gold if you were to judge such. But save for the tattoos and ornaments, she was clad as naturally as she had been born.

    Clearly, she was a savage barbarian from the hinterlands of the western continent, or perhaps from the dark depths of India. You've heard that the natives of that land tended to to have odd coloration even if they were wont to wear silk.

    "Many thanks, daughter of earth. I fear I was quite lost when I was set upon by those rude beasts," She certainly did seem confused, still she dipped and bowed. "I am Willow, princess of the empire of Helium."

    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Princess of Helium
    - - -

    What Do?
    [X] Talk with her and continue exploring the strange world you find yourself in with Princess Willow.
    [X] .... Just what is with the shrieking females? Was there some sort of ratio of females needing saving?
    [X] You encounter a confused soldier. Excellent, you could always use a stout lad to help with the heavy lifting and such.
    [X] You catch sight of a construct being chased by the little monsters. She is fast of foot and soon lost to your eyes.
    [X] Write In [Within reason, please]

    Writer's notes
    Spent 30 shots thus far of non-lethal shots.

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1170/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (600/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League
     
  8. Threadmarks: 6 - Wave Fronts
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] Troublesome discoveries...

    Walking with this alleged princess of Mars, yes she had admitted to being an extraterrestrial human-like entity, you are starting to feel uncomfortable with what she was saying.

    Or rather the tales of her adventures. They brought to mind the tales of the Hetrodyne Brothers from the continent that you listened to as a child. You recall those evenings where you were seated around the radio-paleophone cabinet in the family room, listening to the soft hissing, clicking and scratching sounds caused by interstellar radiation impacting the aetheric layer of the stratosphere used by the transcribers of public radio, waiting...

    Yes, waiting for the tinny music to start, announcing the wireless broadcast transmission over the airwaves. Tinny music that didn't stay tinny for long as its fidelity increased to true high-fidelity in quality. You had to smile at the memory of Cros-Bell's "Sound quality better than reality".

    Still, the tale that Princess Willow told could have been a Hetrodyne Brothers tale, if one but removed this Alexander Harris Carter person and replaced him with one of the Brothers or perhaps the Baron.

    "And so, I drew my xinther blade from my hair," You blinked at her words, paused and looked at her, which resulted in her looking back at you in puzzlement. "What is the matter, Harmony Kandell of Earth?"

    "You drew your weapon from your hair," Your raised eyebrow as you spoke was a good hint at your surprise.

    She smiled and nodded. "Indeed, like so."

    With that, she reached into her hair and clicked something. The result was surprising to you as her hairpiece shifted and adjusted as it collapsed in structure... slipping into her hair.

    As Willow pulled her hand free of her hair, you blinked at the delicate metal basket around her hand and from which a wicked curved blade that glimmered in the light of the electric lamp. A slight flick of her arm and said metal lamp post was parted in twine and collapsed to the ground with a crashing sound of metal and shattered glass by fiet of gravity.

    "Wait... if you had a weapon all this time, why didn't you use it?" You eyed the blade carefully. If it could cut steel that easily and casually, that made it dangerous as you didn't have anything on you at the moment capable of stopping bladed weapons of that grade.

    "Ah," She looked to the side and coughed. "It was the fact that they are humans and a sword doesn't do nonlethal well."

    Sensible, if misguided. "You do know that they're not human, right?"

    "Ah... not so," She shook her head now. "When I first became aware of myself, I was looking at a group of children, human to be sure, but perfectly normal children. They looked surprised and then... one by one they changed as if a wave of something moved across them."

    You frowned now and thought about it. "And by your best estimates, which direction would this wave have come from?"

    At her gesture, you had to think about it, extrapolating that it was a wave effect of some sort that transformed children into monsters, and it came from that direction... the children you had been surrounded by would have been affected before hers. How disconcerting.

    Your thoughts are broken by a loud piercing shriek... one that resonated in your ears like a harpy's cry. You've had the displeasure of having experienced the actual constructs used as the guards at the Louvre.... that it was almost as bad as that, worried you. But no, there were no subharmonics in the sound. Just a woman in distress.

    Was there some sort of quota you had to fulfill?

    Still, you shake your head and are away! Followed by your current side kick, Willow of Mars!

    As you approached the source of the scream, you can hear rapid staccato bursts of.... yes, that did sound like a primitive and barbaric kinetic based weaponry. Something that shot metal bits.

    Thus did you temper your charge with caution as you peered around a house to see... a woman dressed in a scandalous skintight outfit that put to mind that of a cat. Surely, not even the most shameless of... women of negotiable affections would dress like that!

    You can feel yourself blush at the outfit before your focus shifted to that of the soldier she hid behind. And it was a soldier with a crisp dark uniform with a crimson beret on his head. His winged globe insignia within an oval was unfamiliar to you. But it likely meant something. His focus was admirable.

    Him shooting at the monsters advancing on his position... not so much. Especially given that a good number of said monsters ignored the damage from said weapon, being mummies, vampires and... assorted various superstitious creatures that were derived from constructs.

    "We'll need to pull back, ma'am," His voice sounded familiar to you as he and the female retreated from the vehicle they were sheltered behind. "I'm just not doing enough damage to stop them."


    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Wave Fronts
    - - -


    What Do?
    [X] Introduce yourself! Well... this one is a given, but how?
    - - [X] Make some last minute adjustments to your ZAP gun to get an area attack and take out the monsters in one shot?
    - - - - [Adjustments WILL require a successful roll, and the shot will consume MORE energy than normal]
    - - - - [A GOOD write in or omake will give bonus to the dice roll here.]
    - - [X] With a volley of stunning shots at the advancing monsters and then introduce yourself?
    - - [X] Posed on top of a vehicle with an introduction before opening fire on the monsters?
    [X] Write In?
     
  9. Threadmarks: 7 - Soldier of UNIT
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] Introduce yourself! Well... this one is a given, but how?
    - - [X] Posed on top of a vehicle with an introduction before opening fire on the monsters?


    Damsel in distress... for a given value of damsel. Young lady? No... no lady would dress like that. Perhaps, young woman? No, she wasn't that young either.

    Let's go with the basic female in distress. Yes, that worked.

    A stout and valiant man at arms defending her against unspeakable odds and monsters.

    You're starting to like this equation.

    A quick look about reveals high ground. Perfect.

    Zig Zagging~, you make your on to the vehicle to stand on the top and thus have a perfect view of the on-coming monstrosities. The breeze that rustled your hair gave you that slight dashing heroic look.

    You gesture at the monsters before calling out. "Hold. You vile and pernicious little constructs! For,
    [​IMG]
    has arrived. And those who you would harm are under my protection!"

    At your introduction, the little monsters paused as did the soldier and that rather... depraved woman dressed in such a scandalous outfit. Their attention on you brought a smile to your lips, a slight curve and flash of pearly whites.

    Naturally, you take full advantage of the distraction and shot at the befuddled creatures that might or might not have been human once.

    The rotary engine of your Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol revved up to its top speed, the hmmming from the spinning vitae chambers and their brilliant verdigris glow spoke of your weapon preparing for a rather staggering amount of discharges while the scent of ozone filled the air from the electricity arcing from the aetheric ionizers over the vitae chambers.

    That was when you pressed down on the trigger and swept your weapon in an arc over the on-coming horde and then back once more. Back and forth your weapon swept, scything down the little horrors.

    The miniscule and rather soft cracks of thunder from your ZAP pistol filled the air in a constant crackling, sounding almost like a type-writer machine clacking away at an impressive speed.

    When the last fell, that was when you released the trigger.

    The slight blowing on the muzzle before you slipped said weapon into its holster seemed to make quite an impression on the soldier and his companion. Certainly, his salute at you was sharp and very respectful.

    "Ma'am, that was some rather impressive shooting. And that's a nice weapon you have there," The smile and nod was vaguely irritating and familiar.

    "Alexander Harris Carter?" The voice of the alien cut in.

    "Ah, I apologize, but my name isn't Carter. Corporal Alexander Harris of UNIT at your service," Another sharp salute.

    Wait... Alexander Harris? Wasn't he that rather droll and banal terrorist from NuWC? A villain from the continent with that rather ridiculous amount of bounty on his head?

    Still, you shake your head. It had to be a coincidence, after all, this Alexander still had both natural eyes and wasn't scarred from countless revivifications?

    "Good show yourself too, lad. That was some exemplary shooting yourself," You nodded back at him. "Small targets and aiming for their extremities can make for a challenging shot, that you didn't waste too much of your ammunition speaks well of your crack shot."

    "The princess," you gesture at your companion who smiled and nodded at the Corporal. "and I were searching for the source of whatever has displaced us on to here as well as the transmogrification effect that has affected them."

    As you said them, you nodded at the affected monsters, who might have been innocent children. "We could do with a doughty man-at-arms with a steady arm and a crack shot. Admittedly, I must say I have some apprehensions with regards to your... lightly dressed... female companion."

    "W... what's wrong with you, Harmony?" said lightly dressed female spoke up, clearly in distress at her garments being brought into question. "You're acting like your costume is... is real, and the way you're speaking. And Willow, why are you... not wearing any clothes. I know that you were a freak show, but still. I can buy that dweb Xander acting like this, but... but... argh!"

    "I beg your pardon, miss," You frowned at her as did the others with you. "Are you implying that you know us prior to this night? That this is not some random convergence in realities by some Mad Boy experiment?"

    "Mad boy?" Raised eyebrows were now directed at you.

    "But of course, it is a well known fact that strong sparks, otherwise known as Mad Boys," You capitalized the important words in what you said. "can cause reality to bend and flux with their experiments, such as was witnessed towards the end of the Pax Wulfenbach and the fall of the Baron."

    "God, this is just getting stupid," the rather scantily clad female sighed and rubbed her forehead. "Look if what holds true for Xander holds true for you two. You likely won't remember me. I'm Cordelia Chase."

    You blinked. You had heard of the Chase, a minor nobility of not much note beyond their wealth from their mercantile pursuits. To see one of their scions fallen to such a depraved depths as to go around in such an outfit.

    You sighed and shook your head. "Very well, miss Chase. I swear upon my word that I shall not reveal to any of this night and the... outfit you wore. But really... you should see about finding a more reputable line of work if you were disowned by your family."

    She blinked at you.

    "Oh god, can this night get any worse," She sighed into her hands. "Look, we really should get to the library, the old man... Giles should know what's going on."



    - - -​
    Harmony Quest /// Soldier of UNIT
    - - -


    What Do?
    [X] Accept Miss Chase's advice and head to the library.
    [X] Continue to zero in on the source of the transmogrification effect wave front.
    [X] Explore this city of... Sunnydale, at least that's what Miss Chase calls it.
    [X] Meanwhile, elsewhere...
    [X] Someone decided to do a write-in.
     
  10. Threadmarks: 8 - Enthusiastic Haiku Beneath Moon
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    "Juiced up on Vitate,
    So very hungry tonight.
    The moon is quite full."

    "I sup upon no beast,
    once a prince, always a prince.
    Always, a rich feast."​

    Words carved upon a wall in Sunnydale​
     
  11. Threadmarks: 9 - Library
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] "Very well! Never let it be said that Harmony Kendall, Gentlelady Adventurer would ignore the wisdom of any, regardless of their fortune or profession! Off to the Library we goooo!"

    "Oh god, can this night get any worse," She sighed into her hands. "Look, we really should get to the library, the old man... Giles should know what's going on."

    "Very well! Never let it be said that I would ignore the wisdom of any, regardless of their fortune or profession! To the library! Full of delicious knowledge, mysteries, wisdom all hidden in pulped paper and guarded by deadly simian librarians!"

    "What?" You paused as your companions stopped following you and just looked at you, uttering but a single world.

    You turned to look back at them, surrounded by stunned monsters and constructs. "Isn't it obvious that we should find out more? Libraries are nice archives full of knowledge. But one can't just simply GIVE them out, obviously, the best method of defense would be the librarians, and I'd take an enhanced simian over a human any day in deadly pugilist battles over late returns."

    "Giles... isn't... isn't an ape or anything of that sort," that Chase girl sighed before speaking up. "He'd just go ahem and just LOOK at you, and you'd just feel rather put out. That's why no one goes into the library unless they have to."

    "Fascinating, some sort of guilt inducing mental field triggered by eye contact," You thought about it. "But how would that even work, it would require some sort of adaptive electro-magnetical neuralogical field inducer. One that can adjust its frequency on an individual basis, but...."

    Your companions carry you off as you tried to puzzle out the logistics of squeezing the neural inducer into a biological form and then squeezing it to fit into a human mind.

    Before you know it, you find yourself settled in a small private and rather quaint library with a few paltry shelves of books with a rather nice older chap standing with a cup of tea in hand and looking rather bemused at you and your motley crew.

    Giving a quick look at your Pulse Pistol, you idly noted just how many shots you had spent thus far. Just in case, because you never know when you're going to need to shoot some people.

    Or things, you amended in memory of the young constructs that might be human.

    "Good lord, Xander? Willow? What's going on?" The surprise from the older gentleman seemed genuine from what you could see as he looked at your two companions, ignoring the scantily clad female who had led you here.

    This was the point where introductions naturally occur.


    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Library
    - - -

    What Do?
    [X] Wait for Willow and Alexander Harris introduce themselves first.
    [X] Take charge and introduce yourself first, before explaining the situation as you understand it.
    [X] Let the Chase young... female explain the situation, keep an ear open while you look about.
    [X] Write In.

    Writer's notes
    Spent 50 shots in that last splurg of non-lethal shots.

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1120/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (600/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League
     
  12. Threadmarks: 10 - The Librarian
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] "Have no fear, Harmony Kendall will handle this."

    How could you turn down such a situation?

    Introductions!

    Good man, this Giles to allow for an introduction to be done. The set up was perfect. His confusion beneath bright and sterile light, that cup of delightfully scented tea mixing with the aroma of old books, that grassy notes mixed with the tang of acids, and just the slightest hints of vanilla over mustiness... ah, that scent of nostalgia that brings back memories of one's youth in libraries and old book stores.

    Ah yes, good times.

    You smile, nay beam, at this Giles. "Good day. You must be the librarian, Giles?"

    A firm handshake later, you had a better measure of the librarian. A firm handshake, but one with a hand with interesting scars on it that couldn't be easily seen. This was a librarian that you could respect, even if he hid his past with a veneer of civility.

    "Well, yes, Harmony." Admittedly, he did seem to have some knowledge of you. But then so had the fallen and depraved Chase girl. "You do seem to be behaving quite differently than normal."

    "Right, there's a simple reason for that, I suspect," You smiled before bowing politely, even if you did keep your eyes on him.

    "I am [​IMG], late of Eternal Albion. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I find myself stranded here in your quaint little town of Sunnydale."

    "With me are my companions, who too have found themselves stranded here. Princess Willow, a princess of the empire of Helium. Located upon Mars," You gesture at Willow and then at Alexander Harris. "And this is Corporal Alexander Harris of UNIT. I believe you mentioned it stood for Unified Intelligence Taskforce, Corporal?"

    "Yeah, it is," The man at arms nodded before saluting very sharply at the Librarian. "As miss Kendall noted, I'm from UNIT. One moment, I was on patrol at the base, and the next I'm here in the... America? Or well, here. No by your word or anything. No hint of a transmat or even alien involvement. Just one moment walking, and the next being assaulted by little horrors."

    With that, you and your companions explained what you had noticed and inferred to the librarian. He certainly seemed surprised and had questions for you and that Chase girl. Odd, he seemed to treat all of you as equals. Perhaps, there was something to miss Chase' beliefs of transformations and such.

    Or... more worryingly and certainly of concern was that everyone affected had been swapped with a transreality alternate or analog. This notion was the more worrying one, for if you had been affected... what of the children that miss Chase or that Princess Willow had mentioned? Innocent little children transported to replace their monstrous counterparts.

    How horrifying.

    "The only thing I can think of is that I got my costume at Party Town in Los Angeles," You blinked at what the Chase girl was saying. "But I know that Harmony was making her own costume, and those two and maybe everyone else got their costumes at that Ethan's store."

    "Did you just say... Ethan's?" There was a frown now on the Librarian's face. He hadn't liked that name. Perhaps, it was something associated with his past? There was sigh as he placed the cup of tea he had been sipping at on the table.

    There was a look of command on his face as he took off his glasses to wipe at them with a cloth. Indeed, your analysis of Giles had been spot on, it looks like. "Cordelia. You will take me to this Ethan's. Now."


    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// The Librarian
    - - -


    What Do?
    [X] Follow this Giles to Ethan's. It was possible that he would need some support.
    [X] You're assigned to look for a girl. By the name of Buffy, and make sure she's safe? But, you don't even know who or what she looked like? You're going to need to kludge some sort of searching device for this. Let's see, what DO you have?
    [X] Stay at the library?
    - - [X] Give in to your minor spark needs and look at the devices and equipment available here.
    - - [X] Read up on the books here to see what the local technologies are like, as well as history.
    - - [X] Secure the library into a little bunker with the UNIT soldier.
    [X] Write In
     
  13. Threadmarks: 11 - The Madness Place
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [​IMG]

    [X] You're assigned to look for a girl. By the name of Buffy, and make sure she's safe? But, you don't even know who or what she looked like? You're going to need to kludge some sort of searching device for this. Let's see, what DO you have?
    The Madness Place - 1d100+25=104

    "Cordelia. You will take me to this Ethan's. Now." That look of command upon the Librarian's face. It was one that was somewhat familiar to you. You've seen similar on the face of battle hardened storm knights of the Realm. Beyond training, beyond equipment and assorted augmentations, they possessed the most deadly aspect of a knight; experience. Hard won experience on the battle field taught one much, kept one alive.

    "Xander, Willow," how interesting that he reflexively looked to your companions. Perhaps, here in this world, their analogs had been important or useful. He paused and looked at you. "And you too, Harmony..."

    Another pause as he looked at the three of you in consideration. "I would normally ask you to stay here, but I would fear for the safety of my library. Go look for Buffy."

    With that he left the library with the Chase girl in tow. Yeap, that Librarian was someone to watch out for. You suspect that he would find whoever did this and demonstrate the whole Wulfenbach rule of law in the "Don't Make Me Come Over There" sense.

    Still, you had been given a mission. Find this Buffy... next, likely keep her safe or something.

    You just had a library, your equipment, and whatever Princess Willow and your man of arms, Corporal Harris had.

    A quick search of the library revealed something interesting, a picture of this Buffy girl and companions and more importantly, a simple electrical analytical engine. You would love to take it apart to see how it worked, but there was also what it was connected to, a mechanical electrical telegraph system. Likely, it was tied in to a massive data collection.

    How intriguing, that the technology here was derived on just the principles of electricity and not just clockwork gears and crystal matrices.

    A few minutes later, after starting up the analytical engine, you had to frown at the information that you've found on this.. Buffy Summers. An arsonist with an asylum record which was correlated across several several databases, and yet, she was also a student here in a 'high' school?

    Most disconcerting, certainly. But you suppose you could see how someone like the Librarian might want an attack dog to point at people who didn't return their books on time.

    Time was something against you, and thus... you found yourself turning to that dark side within you. After all, you were too a Mad Girl. You simply didn't like advertising what you were... there was a certain stigma with being a Mad Boy or girl in your case.

    You gathered what you could find, needs must, and all that rot, the "panasonic" audio visial receiver unit, the "IBM" analytical engine, the tool box you found in the storeroom with primitive kinetic weaponry, and your own aetheric repair kit (purchased at old man Gibson's shoppe "for those with a discerning eye").

    You breathed in and out and hummmed a simple tune. A trick really. You knew it was a stupid and rather simplistic method of containing one's mad boy impulse. Controlled subliminal controls to leash or unleash as it maybe one's impulses to YOUCANMAKEITBETTER!AnDShOWTHEMaLl!

    - - -
    Th҉e ͘Ma͏d ̛G̷įrl̢s ͟are ̸f̢ix͏ing̀ th̛in̨g͟s͝.̶..̡.̵ p̴l̨eas̛e wait ̀f͜o̧r à wh҉i̡ļe.̀.͢.͡
    - - -


    THErEAlLDoNE!

    You come to, still humming and gazing down at an aetheric electrical display unit that was tapped into the little satellite you had flying over the town.

    Faces were scanned by the camera in said satellite, compared to the image you had fed into the... you're not sure what... only that it thought and the best description you had was an immobile Crank that did nothing but think.

    Still, it served you... for now. You suspect that if it could but move or communicate beyond sending a signal to the display unit you held in your hand, it would have risen up against you and all of humanity. Wait... it could kind of move, you had given it legs and arms after a fashion, and it was hooked into the satellite as well as the database on this 'internet'.... right.

    You might as well do this right. You dubbed it Victoria Celestia Lunatic Pandora Frankenfurter the First. And it served you well enough as it searched for this Buffy girl and if it wanted to rise up against humanity later, it would have a proper name to do so with.

    This might take some time...

    Enough so that the Librarian might solve the issue first of... of what to do about this psyche transference and transmogrification issue. How unbearable.

    Still, you did eventually locate a low class pub not too far away, that Victoria flagged as a possible location to find information as it appeared to service human, constructs and such without issues. After all, it couldn't locate people within structures which appeared to be the smart thing to do.

    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// The Madness Place
    - - -


    What Do?
    [X] Take Victoria's advice and go to Willy's Bar?
    [X] Continue searching for this Buffy with the satellite?
    [X] Check up on this Ethan's where the Librarian with side kick had ventured?
    [X] Explore the boundaries of the town to see how far this effect went?
    [X] Write In.
     
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  14. Threadmarks: 12 - Willy's
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [​IMG]

    [X] Take Victoria's advice and go to Willy's Bar?

    Given that you are so very far from the heart of civilization, that is to say London, the capital of Eternal Albion, you shouldn't be too surprised at ruffians and an assorted scurrilous lot showing up.

    Really, it was almost expected, you know.

    Still, you had a stout man at arms and a princess who was really handy with her sword if not so much with clothes. This wasn't in consideration of yourself.

    Despite that, looking at the people and things entering and leaving the bar, you find yourself... if not worried, then concerned. Not for yourself, but for your companion, the fair princess Willow who had declined any other garment beyond what she wore.

    Still, you stalked into the bar by the original name of Willy's Bar. You could tell this was going to be a bad idea given the wash of music that flowed out the door when it was opened.

    The upside was that beyond a few curious looks directed your way, there wasn't too much attention paid to you or your... no, no wait... there was a surprising amount of interest shown to the princess. But not what you hadn't accounted for.

    More worrying was the look being directed at the corporal, and his rather heavy weapon.

    And while you COULD go in all rowdy, you were hardly some kind of paragon who was into heroics. Well, you WERE an adventurer, that didn't make you a hero. And that didn't take into account the fact that you had dealt in such situations before.

    You were cool, you were discrete, you got your companions seats by the bar that they could easily defend from with what they had and a quick easy exit out the emergency exit.

    "So, what can I do you for? Couple drinks?" The barkeep seemed relatively harmless, a snitch if you had ever seen one. Still, it looked like Victoria was correct in noting that this was an island of "calm" as it were from the sea of madness outside.

    Especially when you considered the humans and inhumans interacting, and good lord... was that construct offering that man money for a drink, straight from his neck? Well, it appeared so... thankfully, it looked like you didn't have to intervene, given that he was paid up front and the drinking wasn't to the point of death.



    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Willy's
    - - -


    What Do?
    [X] Buy drinks (mildly alcoholic) and add in a "small" tip saying you're looking for someone?
    [X] Buy drinks (non-alcoholic) and add in a "small" tip saying you're looking for someone?
    [X] Buy drinks and look around the bar discretely.
    [X] Write In.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  15. Threadmarks: 13 - The snitch
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] Buy drinks (non-alcoholic) and add in a "small" tip saying you're looking for someone?

    There were some things that one never forgets; how ride a war crank, how to fix and maintain one's aetheric toys, and how to get information from snitches.

    The art, as it were, involved being discrete and having something the snitch wanted.

    In this case, the snitch was a bartender and you desired to get information from him. A quick look at the board up top above the bar showed prices of drinks, a good number of which you didn't recognize. Still, the fact that the non-alcoholic juices and "pop?" were relatively expensive on their own meant that you had an in.

    As such, you end up buying orange... wait... this couldn't be real orange juice, it was like some kind of watery derivative... really, this was just overpriced orange water with sugar in it. Still, your sterling notes were accepted without an issue.

    At least, no more than a look of surprise at the amount there, and the bartender needing to work out the conversion from the pound sterling to dollars. The change of thirty dollars he returned was pushed back with a smile and a mention of a tip.

    There was a look of disbelief before understanding blossomed on the bartender's face when you mentioned you were looking for someone.

    Indeed, this "Willy" was truly an experienced snitch.

    Still, the reaction when you described this "Buffy Summers" and mentioned her name... she had a reputation, an unsavory one at that.

    There was the shake of head from the bartender, and a response that the 'Slayer' hadn't come by his bar this evening. And that as much as he liked clientele who tipped well, it was quite likely, the 'Slayer' had gone to "The Bronze".

    "It's this nightclub, across town," he casually mentioned before handing off a tomato juice and vodka cocktail to a waitress. "But I were you, I wouldn't go out there. It's gone crazy for some reason and normally, Halloween's the quiet night, you know."

    "You don't get any of the vampires or demons causing problems or even out there. It's like the one night where you shouldn't have problems," He shook his head. "But tonight has just been crazy. I've heard talk there are all kinds of monsters out there along with odd things. Must have been some wizard doing things."

    The way he said things was worrying.

    There was also the factor of time, from what you could see of the clock in the bar, it was past midnight now. Which also brought up a worrying concern, what was the Librarian up to? Was he experiencing problems on his end?



    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// The snitch
    - - -


    What Do?
    [X] Go to Ethan's and see how Giles is doing, even if it's hours later since he headed there.
    [X] Go back to the library and wait for Giles while using the satellite and Victoria to look for Buffy?
    [X] Go out of Willy's and head to the Bronze?
    [X] Check in on Victoria to see if the satellite has spotted anything?
    [X] Stay here in the bar and talk to Willy some more.
    [X] Some kind of amusing write in occurs?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  16. Threadmarks: 14 - Random Encounter
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] Go out of Willy's and head to the Bronze?
    Harmony Event - 1d100 → [8] = Terrible

    There was nothing to it. You had to frown at the information provided to you. There were few choices available with what you had learned.

    One, this Buffy Summers was... dangerous.

    Two, the locals had a version of Sparks and the science they did. Only they called such magic, and constructs and such were called vampires, demons and so on. It was delightfully quaint, but it was only a naming convention.

    Three, this Buffy Summers was a killer of constructs gone wrong. Perhaps, a runner of blades equivilant. Only gone rogue or at least under the minimal command of the Librarian.

    Four, it was noted that she would frequent this "Bronze" cabaret. And thus, could likely be found there.

    You didn't exactly have much of a choice based on the information. After all, you couldn't just very well go back to the library and claim that you couldn't find this Buffy. Why your companions and peers would mock you for that. Nor could you just rely on Victoria to hunt down Buffy, not when there were gaps in what the clank could see.

    No. It was up to you, to make the best of the situation you found yourself in.

    For were you not [​IMG]?

    You could do this? And so you did. With a nod of appreciation at the snitch barkeeper, you stood up and made your exit with companions, stage left.

    Once outside, you did a quick check with Victoria for any signs of Buffy.

    The response was a maybe, the clank had made some tentative matches to the description of Buffy. However, there were also errors in each tentative matches.

    It was the hand on your shoulder and a quiet hiss that got you looking up from your display unit and stopped your distracted walking. Your man at arms had his rifle ready, while princess Willow had her sword at the ready.

    "Well, well, what have we here?" The man standing before you didn't appear to be deviate too far from human norm. Certainly, he looked scruffy and had a certain air of disrepute around him. There was also the scent carried on the wind as it blew towards you now. Garbage, rotting food and drinks. "It looks like it's time for some exotic food."

    The twitch from the man as he stretched his neck in a manner that you KNEW wasn't normal on a human had you put away your display unit and drawing your pulse pistol.

    This was possibly a rogue construct, or worse... an intelligent revenant.

    Lightning danced over the vitae chambers of your pulse pistol as you set it from its normal and standard stunt form to one that you had seldom call for; kill to death.

    "Perhaps, you should go hunt different prey tonight," you kept your pulse pistol pointed down, and your finger away from the trigger. With your arm relaxed, but ready to move, you wouldn't be easy prey for this... thing.

    It tilted its head at your reply. Far too wide eyes looked at you keenly, and you note with distress... hungrily. "Is that so?"

    Perhaps, it wasn't an intelligent revenant, or some sort of construct, but a human driven to insane heights and augmented.

    - - -

    Harmony Quest /// Random Encounter

    - - -​

    What Do?
    [X] Open up dialogue with that thing? [Write in on conversation starter]
    [X] Strike first and hard. No mercy.
    [X] Introduce yourself to this... thing.
    [X] Write In.
     
  17. Threadmarks: 15 - Bug
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] Strike first and hard. No mercy.
    Harmony Event - 1d100 → [4] = Terrible

    Given what you knew of rogue constructs, of the monsters that men could create and become, was it any surprise the way you responded?

    This... thing from what you could infer in its look had unwholesome and what some might consider unnatural hungers. And as it twitched and stepped forward and closer to you, your keen sight noted the way it moved its leg, its stance and the stiffness of its limbs.

    This... this was no human, and from the way your good corporal chambered a round into his weapon and kept it trained on that thing, he too had seen it for what it was.

    "I would suggest you go away and look for easier prey elsewhere," You called out, the Vitae Capacitors of your pulse pistol spun faster as you slipped a finger on to the trigger while the scent of ozone hung heavy around it and you.

    "Is th... that so?" There was another jerking motion of a step forwards by that thing.

    You knew better than to let something dangerous close to you, your arm snapped up and the air filled with the whining hiss of your pulse pistol discharging.

    By your side, there is the staccato roar of the rifle of corporal Harris. The scent of cordite and ozone hung around the two of you as founds of solid matter and energetic plasma pulses struck home, flesh and ichor tore from the thing as it fell back.

    The impact from your combined weapons were sufficient to throw the body of that thing backwards and on to the street.

    Arcs of electricity danced over the twitching form as you eyed it carefully. There was a hint of movement from your side and you find the corporal keeping the princess from approaching the fallen body to determine if it had died.

    "Ma'am, it's not safe to go near corpses until we can confirm it's truly dead," There was a certain hardness in his eyes as if he spoke with great experience of not going near fallen enemies until it was confirmed that they were dead.

    A precaution that you had to agree with, and which found vindication as the corpse twitched before arms armored in dark slick chitin burst their way out of the fallen figure.

    The thing that pulled itself free of the fallen "human" figure had you nodding. It was a construct within a human skinsuit. The thing was a giant insectile creature with a pseudo-exoskeleton, a dark slick and slimy chitin shell that resembled a cockroach. What worried you was its maw with the rather large and sharp fangs.


    [​IMG]
    Sauce is MiB Wiki

    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Bug
    - - -

    What Do?
    [X] Stand your ground and keep shooting.
    - - [X] Keep shooting and try to hit something vital? A tricky proposition given insect robustness.
    - - [X] Target the limbs to slow it down. Also tricky given you are uncertain how fast it moves.
    - - [X] Target its eyes. Another tricky shot.
    - - [X] Ask your companions if they have any ideas, because now would be a good time for such.
    [X] Run away, or a tactical fall back!
    [X] Write In.

    Writer's notes
    Spent 28 shots thus far of lethal shots.

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1170/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (572/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League
     
  18. Threadmarks: 16 - The Bronze
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    Stand your ground and keep shooting.
    Harmony Event - 1d100 → [11] = Success?!?!

    No matter where you go, there are certain things that strive a repulsive chord in human females. Or not so human females in Princess Willow's case.

    One of them being slimy, disgusting bugs like cockroaches and assorted other... bugs.

    Like what stood before you.

    It might have been a relief to be able to see what you were fighting, but the revulsion within you at the sight of that insectile Thing wasn't going to stop you or even slow you down. No, it in fact made you shoot FASTER and HARDER at it!

    Your man at arms beside you proved to be stout, loyal and in a word sharp of wits, as he too filled the air with the roar of his rifle discharging a surprising number of metal rounds at the bug without thought of conserving ammunition.

    You would need to speak to him about this later. Not that you fault him for liberal usage of rounds on that Bug. It was a disgusting and gross bug that was also slimy.

    Eeeewwww. Thankfully, you didn't need a man or anyone to squish it for you! You were a woman of the new age, and armed with a pulse pistol modified to shoot lethal shots of plasma.

    The Bug, however, to be more resilient than expected and thus could and did withstand a surprising amount of damage done to it by you and corporal Harris.

    Still, science and physics triumphed over base biology and it collapsed.

    Taking no chances, you made sure to snip off its twitching limbs with well placed shots before making your way pass it.

    Continuing on, you eventually reach the Bronze. Which despite its notation of a hours of operation up to one in the morning, was still open. With neon lights outside, and what sounded like a fist fight within.



    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// The Bronze
    - - -


    What Do?
    [X] Go in nice and easy, and see about having Princess Willow and Corporal Harris sneaking in
    [X] Charge in, full tilt and be prepare to shoot away~
    [X] Write In

    Writer's notes
    Spent 45 lethal shots total on the Bug. Currently reset to Incapacitate.

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1170/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (555/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League
     
  19. Threadmarks: 17 - Police Girl
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] Go in nice and easy, and see about having Princess Willow and Corporal Harris sneaking in

    It didn't take much to determine that there was a back door into the Bronze, what with it being a converted warehouse. Naturally, said back door led into the kitchen.

    It didn't take much effort for you to jimmy the locks on it. It was almost magical how easy it was, no deadly poison needle trap, no gatling cannon arrays, no amusing crushing plates... there wasn't even a flame thrower to give you a warm welcome.

    In a way, it was also disappointing. Still, with the doors jimmied open, your companions had a way in while you walked in bold as brass.

    In the front door.

    Without a single care, you walked in. With weapon in easy reach of your hand, you projected an aura of nonchalance. The perfect gentle lady taking a stroll in a park or entering a tea salon.

    You walked not into a battlefield, but a brawl. A vulgar occurrence, all in all.

    How disappointing, still, you suppose this was somewhat to be expected. What with it being a nightclub mentioned derogatorily by the snitch, Willy, and frequented by the type of people with colorful names such as 'slayer', you shouldn't be too surprised at there being a low class barfight. Why, if one didn't know any better, they might even have assumed that this was an Irish bar or even a bar after the Mechanicsburg fashion or some such.

    Well... it appeared you had managed to catch the tail end of a barfight between constructs, humans and possibly even some of the so-called vampires and demons with but a lone victor. After all, she who is left standing is the winner, right?

    "That'll show you," the blonde construct in the yellow tan uniform spat blood to the side as she kicked her opponent away from her where he had fallen.

    At least, you assumed she was a construct what with her crimson eyes and fangs in mouth and the inhuman strength that she had demonstrated with the elbow drop that had shattered a table shortly after you entered the nightclub.

    Comparing the image you had of this "Buffy Summers", it was... possible that this was her, but she had a far larger set of... talents than the girl in the picture.

    You nod at her as she staggered to the bar and settled down there. "Whacha want?"

    How delightful, a lower class london accent.

    Also, she was aggressive. But not overtly so as suggested by what you had inferred from the records and speaking to Willy. Still, it WAS possible that she had been altered or transferred as the children had been.

    Offering her a hand, you smiled. "[​IMG] at your service."

    "Seras Victoria," She warily shook your hand. Blinking, her eyes returned to a lovely shade of blue. Oh, this was adorable, that she was designed to signal if she was in combat mode or not.

    A shake of head and she seemed more... confused or was that bemused.


    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Police Girl
    - - -


    What Do?
    [X] Introduce yourself fully, and conscript this lost police girl.
    [X] Call in your companions before proper introductions, and conscripting the police girl.
    [X] Gush over how adorable her design was...
    [X] Write In.
     
  20. Threadmarks: 18 - Vampire Seras
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] Gush over how adorable her design was...
    Harmony Event - 1d100=60

    The retractable teeth, the crimson indicator eyes... the near human form. She was, for want of a word, adorable. She also reminded you of the dog-human constructs that had been in vogue during your childhood as assistants to the constables.

    You couldn't resist as you inched closer to her, and she inched backwards from you. It was most likely the way you had licked your lips, that smile you had on, or perhaps that not quite sane look in your eyes.

    Still, you likely didn't trigger her defensive instincts as you trapped her against the bar and squealed as you pinched her cheeks.

    She really was too adorable. Perhaps, a designed notion of making a predatory type look innocent and cute when not fighting.

    And this was what corporal Harris and Princess Willow sneaked in on; a struggling construct being abused by you as you poked and prodded at her and asked her questions on her design, abilities and limitations.

    Her attempts to escape you was futile, you knew this instinctively as she looked desperately at your companions.


    - - - And time flashes by, causing a scene transition - - -

    [​IMG]

    - - - And an introduction later~ - - -


    Some time later, the four of you settle down with drinks, pretzels, and some bowls of peanuts. With introductions made, there was the matter of "what now".

    Well... it was a question with a relatively simple answer. Recruitment.

    "So, let me get this straight. We're all some kind of alternate reality version of people here," You nodded as she repeated your nice and long explanations with details and such to a single sentence. How vexing, but then she wasn't a spark, just a construct. And constructs, unless designed so, weren't usually bright or intelligent outside of their specialty.

    She seemed like a combative type, and had explained that she had been a constable who died and was made a vampire. How quint, calling a construct a vampire as if they were some sort of mythical creature. Still, having myths as a basis of a construct or vice versa wasn't exactly unheard of, in fact... it wasn't even really rare, now that you think about it.

    Right, you were mentally digressing. "And you're out looking for some bint who is most likely been altered and you have no idea on what she is."

    You and the others nodded. "On the upside, we do know that she would look somewhat like her original self."

    Seras nodded grudgingly. "And you need my help?"

    "It would be nice, yes," You smiled. "We could always use someone with your abilities."

    She mmmhed and looked at the three of you. "I guess I'm in. We would need some kind of samples of her for me to be able to track her down."

    "We've got her address," You shrugged at her question. "But I guess we could head back to the library to confirm it."


    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Vampire Seras
    - - -


    What Do?
    [X] Go to the Summer's residence?
    [X] Return to the library?
    [X] Write In.

    Writer's notes

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1170/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (555/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League
     
  21. Threadmarks: 19 - In the Dark Heavens
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] Go to the Summers' residence?

    The night seemed unending, a single moment taking perhaps months to pass, as you traveled the dark streets of Sunnydale. And yet, there was hope.

    Guided by both the construct Seras Victoria and your man at arms, you darted from shadow to shadow, from cover to cover... watching out for marauders and worse.

    You had seen those things flying in the night sky.

    The low screeches of their mounts, as their transphasic body hovered between a solid material form and a shadowy mist. You had spotted them, but it had been the construct who had described them after your instruments failed to get a proper reading.

    Magic, it appeared was a real thing.

    It was hard to imagine that there were technologies beyond your current comprehension. But there it was.

    Still, it wasn't long before you find yourself at the address given to you by your thinking clank. It seemed quiet enough with the lights out.

    It was when you attempted to enter the domicile that you encountered the first problem; namely the construct Seras Victoria's inability to enter the home. At all.

    Eventually, it was Corporal Alexander Harris who worked out what was causing the problem.

    A neuro-engram programing to prevent constructs like her from simply entering homes without invitation by an actual person. This was useful.

    Still as you investigated the house, you hear rustling outside and the sound of a creaking door opening.



    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// In the Dark Heavens
    - - -


    What Do?
    [X] Ambush the intruder?
    [X] Wait and see?
    [X] Write In.

    Writer's notes

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1170/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (555/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League
     
  22. Threadmarks: 20 - That Which Is Not Dead
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] Ambush the intruder

    Given that intruders were bad, and there hadn't been the sound of keys jangling to unlock the door, nor was there any light being turned on... this was most definitely an intruder.

    It was definitely a pity that you couldn't just kill 'em. After all, who knew what they wanted or if they were along.

    Which was why you signaled the pthers and jumped the intruder.

    Seras and your Corporal Harris proved to be very good as after an eternity later of struggling, the intruder was subdued and held down by the two of them in a manner that made struggling very undesirable as it would result in dislocated limbs.

    You turned on the light.

    .....

    You blinked at the sight of who you had caught.

    This couldn't be.

    A dimensional analog of him?!?

    The Angelus?

    The Butcher of Europa? That psychopath?

    "Willow?" Oh, lovely, it appeared that he recognized your companion. Make that companions as he looked at Seras and the Corporal. "Buffy? Xander? What's going on?"

    Well, this was certainly a disconcerting discovery. At least you've located the missing muscle of the Librarian.


    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// That Which Is Not Dead
    - - -​


    What Do?
    [X] Write In.

    Writer's notes

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1170/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (555/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League
     
  23. Threadmarks: 21 - Old World Justice
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] Clearly, the Butcher is playing dumb to make his way into these good people's good graces! Well, not today- Harmony Kendall, GENTLELADY ADVENTURER, will put a stop to this devilry before it starts!
    - - [X] Hot Plasmatic Death kills most things pretty damned dead.


    There are stories.

    There always were. Of this Spark or that one running wild, of the Baron and the golden era when he ruled. But not all stories were nice to listen to.

    Because there were horror stories.

    Tales of darkness, violence and depravity beyond compare. The Madness place was a known thing for Mad Boys. People knew how to handle those.

    Sometimes, however, other stories drifted out of Europa. Stories of senseless murders, massacres that served no purpose beyond that of amusement. Not for science, not for war over land and resources, not for religion.

    Murder without a point.

    Destruction without a purpose.

    You knew of the man once called Liam of Galway, the self-titled Angelus. You knew him well, did not the aether waves speak of him and his deeds as he traveled across Europa? Was there not the many wanted posters with a higher reward for him dead than alive?

    He might have called himself Angelus, but newscasters called him The Butcher of Europa, the Scourge, and many more other titles. All for his beauty, and of the bloody swarth he called across Europa with little regard for man, woman, spark or construct. In a world where faith and religion had little place, it is he and his deeds that some pointed at and declared that there was a devil.

    Yes, there are stories.

    You can not believe your eyes as he looked up at those holding him in confusion.

    Clearly, the Angelus was employing guile and the fabled wiles that allowed him to charm his way at the start, and to gather... like-minded companions.

    To befool the good people you were allied with? Such a thing was without contenance! Not if you [​IMG] had anything to say about it!

    You would put a stop to this devilry before it can begin!

    "Hold the Angelus down." With those words, you rotated the modulator nob on your pulse pistol so that it drew upon the over charged capacitor for the next single shot.

    As you looked down at him coldly, it is clear that the devil with the face of an angel knew his doom came. That you knew what it was. "Know that I do this in the name of those you have butchered, Angelus. And that the world will be better without you."

    "Wait-."

    You brought your pulse pistol to bare and, with a single flash of emerald shot to his head, ended the Butcher of Europa. No escape, no "second chances".

    There is a look of surprise from your companions as Angelus proved he was a construct of some kind by simply disolving into dust after his execution.

    "Well, what now?" You looked at the one that you now had confirmation was Buffy, and the other companions you had gathered earlier. "Should we wait here? Or go to the library and wait for Giles? Or go hunting for him?"

    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Old World Justice
    - - -​

    What Do?
    [X] Bunker down in the Summer's residence, and examine the things of this world?
    [X] Return to the Library.
    [X] Go searching for the Librarian.
    [X] Write In.

    Writer's notes

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1170/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (554/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League
     
  24. Threadmarks: 22 - A Girl and Her Toys
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] Bunker down in the Summer's residence, and examine the things of this world?
    Event Roll ~ 1d100=95

    You were certain that the librarian knew the address of the Summers' residence and as such would be able to get in contract with your motley group.

    Still, it was worrying that you had not gotten any updates from Victoria Celestia Lunatic Pandora Frankenfurter the First, you had left instructions with the thinking clank to notify you if any one entered the library. That it hadn't meant that the Librarian and Cordelia had not return there.

    Most disconcerting. Still, you were in a safe-ish location after your companions had locked the doors and drawn the curtains shut. You are certain that Mister Giles has everything in hand and things would be fixed shortly.

    But this doesn't mean you can't study the technology found in the home of the average citizen of this analog of your world. Why surely... you could glimpse the principles behind said technology and when you return home...

    You would show them.

    You would show them all!

    You find yourself giggling softly as you examined the more advance television set in the Summers' residence. It appeared to be more advance in that it used a different imaging mechanism. One that hinted at things that make you wonder at how advance this world was with its electrical technology.

    The telephone used a wireless transmission between the base unit and the hand held component. Nothing revolutionary, but you could see hints of a genius here. Someone had created something... wonderful and then broke it so that it could be used as a common household item instead of a high powered deathray. This was hinted at the microwave radiation device used for heating food.

    Truly, this world had tame Mad Boys and Girls somewhere... laboring for the common man.

    This gave you ideas.

    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// A Girl and Her Toys
    - - -​

    What Do?
    [X] Enter the Madness Place with all these wonderful toys?
    [X] Check with Victoria to see if Cordelia or Mister Giles had been spotted by the satellite?
    [X] Go out there and look for this Ethan's.
    [X] Write In
     
  25. Threadmarks: 24 - Morning After
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969
    [X] Enter the Madness Place with all these wonderful toys?
    Event Roll 1d100=58

    While you didn't like that part of you, you were in the end a Mad Girl. One to whom the madness of the gods shone within and without. You weren't a particularly strong one. But you were skilled, you were trained.

    And there was so many nice toys here.

    You had your aetheric repair kit, as well as the electronic devices of this world.

    You breathed in and out and hummmed a simple tune. A trick really. You knew it was a stupid and rather simplistic method of containing one's mad boy impulse. Controlled subliminal controls to leash or unleash as it maybe one's impulses to YOUCANMAKEITBETTER!AnDShOWTHEMaLl!

    - - -
    Th҉e ͘Ma͏d ̛G̷įrl̢s ͟are ̸f̢ix͏ing̀ th̛in̨g͟s͝.̶..̡.̵ p̴l̨eas̛e wait ̀f͜o̧r à wh҉i̡ļe.̀.͢.͡
    - - -​

    THErEAlLDoNE!

    You come to, still humming... the light of the sun shining in the windows.

    You had to blink.

    You are [​IMG].

    You are a minor spark of no note. Late of Eternal Albion. Clacker extraordinaire and a surprisingly good runner amongst the shadows cast by gas lamps.

    You are Harmony Kendall.

    You are a student in Sunnydale High, a totally boring high school with the exception for the clique you were in, and the hotties in the football team.

    Last night... things.

    You groan and shook your head.

    The memory cascade was going to be an issue despite the shielding you had kludge up.

    Wait... you're a normal high school student? You were more than that.

    You are still [​IMG].

    This was awkward.

    You blink and look at Willow who was still dressed as she had been last night.

    Oh dear, this was going to be really awkward, you noted to yourself as you looked at the pile of ash past her in the kitchen. At least, you managed to stop a monster.

    You stretched... and looked at your equipment.

    It looks like Victoria is still transmitting. Apparently, things had not changed back to normal, at least from what she could infer.

    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Morning After
    - - -​

    What Do?
    [X] Check in with erm... your companions?
    [X] Call Cordelia and find out what's going on? Did the Librian fix the problem or was there something else going on?
    [X] Write In

    - - -

    [​IMG]

    - - -​

    Name : Harmony Kandell, Gentlelady Adventurer and Professional Cheerleader
    Status : At the Summer's residence and quite confused.
    Alignment : Ditzy Good

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1170/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (554/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League

    Basic Aetheric Equipment Repair Kit
    - The absolute minimum, mind.

    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol Charger
    - Requires plugging into an aetheric charging station. Alternatively, vitae capacitors can be recharge via electrostatic discharge from a negative charged atmospheric region. But only in the most barbaric hinterlands is this necessary.

    Portable Babbage/Lovelace Analytical Engine
    - Monocle Display unit
    - Hand held scanning device
    - Miniaturize Babbage/Lovelace Analytical Engine

    A lady's personal effects
    - It is most crass and impolite to ask about the contents of such. And only the most brutish of boars would do so.

    A coin purse
    - Contents are most distressingly low. You are down to your last few sterling notes and shillings.
     
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  26. Threadmarks: 24 Vampire and not Vampire Slayer or Layer?
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969

    [X] Check in with erm... your companions?

    You must admit to some confusion. This was a thing that couldn't be helped... after all, you are currently a hybrid of High School Girl Harmony Kandell and Gentlelady Adventurer Harmony Kandell.

    On the one hand, you were Harmony Kandell. An every day normal high-school girl who was part of the Cordettes Clique, true... you had designs on Cordelia's position in said totem pole of Cheerleaderness, and you would have cheerfully pushed her down if she had made a mistake.

    On the other hand, you were [​IMG] and you were a minor spark of no note, at least... you had been in Albion... erm... England? A Clacker extraordinaire and extremely good runner amongst the shadows cast by gas lamps. This was verifiable in that you were still alive to brag about it, and not conscripted into the service of one of the various Powers That Be.

    It's clear to both sides of you that something had gone wrong and right, as you examined the shielding system that had once been a rather expensive flat-screen TV. After all, the things that had changed hadn't reverted... in your case, which was as it was meant to be. You were within the shielding area of effect... that you had your original self's memories could be deemed worrying.

    That Willow looked like she was her normal self... just dressed like she had last night. That worried you. You tried VERY hard not to think about what this meant for Buffy. Which was why you were about to VERY carefully nudge Willow awake.

    "Harmony." The no nonsense words from behind you before you could nudge Willow awake had your instincts working as one. Sunnydale was a dangerous place to be surprised even if it wasn't acknowledged, which was why you spun about with an eep! even as your other instincts kicked in, and your trusty Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol fairly leapt into your hand to point at the speaker.

    With the rotary engine spinning as electricity from the aetheric ionizers danced over the vitae chambers with a soft hmmm and the scent of ozone, you could feel a certain relief and confidence as you looked at... the dweeb Harris, or rather the amalgamation of the dweeb and Corporal Alexander Harris, Late of UNIT. "Alexander?"

    "Kind of... I'm surprised your weapon still works... but then..." He held up his rather functional rifle. "Mine didn't change back either. Even if my body seems to have returned to normal."

    There was a soft groan from where Willow lay. "Owie... why do I feel like an army of green martians marched over my head?"

    "So... Buffy?" You swallowed drily at the thought of a Construct/VAMPIRE!?! Buffy.

    There was a yipe from somewhere upstairs. A cry of pain and then... horror.

    Oh dear, you were going to have to do something about Buffy Summers, wouldn't you? You really hoped it wouldn't be necessary, that she had kept her humanity and not become a ravaging monstrosity that needed to be put down.

    From the look on Corporal Harris' face, it was clear that he was thinking along the same lines as you. "Right... we're going to need to talk to her and see what's going on there."

    "At least, it's day?" You sighed in response as the two of you walked up the stairs to Buffy's bedroom.

    There was a shake of head by Harris at that. "Yeah, small mercies."

    Right... you weren't going to mention that you had been working on a shielding system that apparently was more effective than expected. It might get people thinking along dangerous lines. You were a Mad Girl... not a stupid girl or a suicidal girl, after all.

    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Vampire and not Vampire Slayer or Layer?
    - - -​

    What Do?
    [X] Carefully and slowly talk to Buffy with cover from Harris?
    [X] Let Harris talk to Buffy as he is more familiar with her?
    [X] Go in with guns blazing... ah hahahahaha... no. You were going to carefully examine her to see if she was safe.
    [X] Vampires were harmed by sunlight, why not go look for the Librarian Giles with Cordelia and Willow, he might have an idea of what to do?
    [X] Write In?

    [​IMG]

    Name : Harmony Kandell, Gentlelady Adventurer and Professional Cheerleader
    Status : At the Summer's residence and quite confused.
    Alignment : Ditzy Good

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1170/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (554/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League / 3 Miles / 4.828 Kilometers

    Basic Aetheric Equipment Repair Kit
    - The absolute minimum, mind.

    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol Charger
    - Requires plugging into an aetheric charging station. Alternatively, vitae capacitors can be recharge via electrostatic discharge from a negative charged atmospheric region. But only in the most barbaric hinterlands is this necessary.

    Portable Babbage/Lovelace Analytical Engine
    - Monocle Display unit
    - Hand held scanning device
    - Miniaturize Babbage/Lovelace Analytical Engine

    'Immobile' Thinking Clank "Victoria Celestia Lunatic Pandora Frankenfurter the First"
    - High speed dial-up connection to the "internet"
    - Spy Satellite Drone
    - Wireless Display Unit with a connection to Victoria

    A lady's personal effects
    - It is most crass and impolite to ask about the contents of such. And only the most brutish of boars would do so.

    A coin purse
    - Contents are most distressingly low. You are down to your last few sterling notes and shillings.
     
  27. Threadmarks: 25 - Depressing Perspective
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969


    [​IMG]

    [X] Let Harris talk to Buffy as he is more familiar with her?

    As you stood outside the door to Buffy's bedroom looking in, you had to admit that this was a problem. A serious one at that.

    The blinds in the room were down, blocking out most if not all the sunlight from coming in. The scent of not quite smoke and burning meat a good indication of how Buffy had woken up.

    There was also the way she was looking at herself in the mirror, with eyebrows replaced by ridges and yellow eyes.

    Inwardly, you knew that this was a problem. A very big one. Buffy wasn't human, at least... not any more. Whatever the 'slayer' might have been, in terms of muscle for the Librarian, she had been human even if likely augmented. But in the here and now, she wasn't.

    As a native of Sunnydale, you were well aware of the things needed to avoid... trouble. You never invited people into your home, it just wasn't done, even if it was someone you knew. One did not go out alone at night, there being far too many dangers such as... gangs on PCP.

    It was an instinctive knowledge that outsiders from Sunnydale never seemed to quite acquire fast enough. It was why the city had forty-three churches and twelve cemeteries, things could and did go bump at night.

    And those unspoken of guidelines to survival in Sunnydale were only guidelines... things still did happen at night or worse... in the day. There were tragic murders, numerous children and teens who... ran away from homes, never to be seen again.

    You knew all this in the back of your mind. However, the sight of Buffy with that inhuman face threw that in your face. That this was... bad. This was one of those things you needed to run away from. That you needed to fight and kill.

    Your hand inched towards your zap pistol, a motion that was stopped when Harris and Willow go into to speak to the inhuman Buffy. You didn't really have any connection with the blonde that those two had. At least beyond the adventure of this one night. You really could do nothing but sigh as the door was closed before you and muffled words were heard.

    "Sucks to be me..." You could only sigh and walk away from the bedroom. Now... where was Cordelia.

    Hmmm... why was she looking down at the pile of dust that used to be... Angelus? Angel? Oh... didn't he had that horror face like Buffy? This could be awkward. "Morning, Cordelia."

    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Depressing Perspective
    - - -​
    What Do?
    [X] Write In?

    [​IMG]

    Name : Harmony Kandell, Gentlelady Adventurer and Professional Cheerleader
    Status : At the Summer's residence and quite confused.
    Alignment : Ditzy Good

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1170/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (554/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League / 3 Miles / 4.828 Kilometers

    Basic Aetheric Equipment Repair Kit
    - The absolute minimum, mind.

    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol Charger
    - Requires plugging into an aetheric charging station. Alternatively, vitae capacitors can be recharge via electrostatic discharge from a negative charged atmospheric region. But only in the most barbaric hinterlands is this necessary.

    Portable Babbage/Lovelace Analytical Engine
    - Monocle Display unit
    - Hand held scanning device
    - Miniaturize Babbage/Lovelace Analytical Engine

    'Immobile' Thinking Clank "Victoria Celestia Lunatic Pandora Frankenfurter the First"
    - High speed dial-up connection to the "internet"
    - Spy Satellite Drone
    - Wireless Display Unit with a connection to Victoria

    A lady's personal effects
    - It is most crass and impolite to ask about the contents of such. And only the most brutish of boars would do so.

    A coin purse
    - Contents are most distressingly low. You are down to your last few sterling notes and shillings.
    - Contents are TRULY distressing, you don't have your credit card on you and only have money from Britain.
     
  28. Threadmarks: Barbs in the 'morn
    Biigoh

    Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    21,412
    Likes Received:
    64,969

    [X] "So, now what?" Eye Cordelia. "After all, if Buffy is still some form of Vampire, Alexander still has a working gun, and I have my own devices... how many other newly 'gifted' people do you think are now drifting around town?"

    You really weren't feeling yourself.

    On the one hand, you were Harmony Kandell, professional cheerleader and a Cordette. On the other hand, you REMEMBERED being Harmony Kandell Gentlelady Adventurer.

    Everyone knew that things weren't quite... right in Sunnydale. That you had it waving in your face so blatantly meant that you couldn't ignore it any more.

    You had to acknowledge that the monsters who went bump in the dark of night were real. And... that Buffy Summers was now one of them. Her boyfriend had been one of them.

    Even if his dimensional analog had been evil and he 'claimed' he wasn't... he'd been one of the monsters of Sunnydale.

    ....

    She really wasn't going to take this well, was she?

    "So... now what?" You sighed and looked at Cordelia. "Given that Buffy is some sort of constru... ahem... vampire. Alexander has a functional kinetic gun, and I am armed and dangerous."

    There was a disgrunted look on Cordelia's face at your intelligence, but she seemed willing to wait for you to complete your ponderings.

    "How many other... newly 'gifted' people do you think are still around town?" You shook your head. "I have this... bad feeling, you know?"

    "Bad feeling?" Cordelia's opinion about your instincts said much, but to just dismiss such out of hand with the way she spoke. That slight raised eyebrow and slight curve of lips that subtly mocked you. Oh, it would fool a non-Cordette, but it wouldn't have fooled the others... and it certainly didn't fool you.

    Which you supposed was the aim of Cordelia in an attempt to put you down and give herself a superior ground to build up on.

    "Think on how many little monsters there were. Now think on what that means for the teenagers and grown-ups who bought costumes at Ethan's."

    You settled for a sigh as of encountering a simple girl who didn't know what mascara or lipstick was. Said reaction of shock on Cordelia's face as if she hadn't expected you to react in putting her down.

    "We're going to need to find the Librarian." The certainty in your voice was only fitting as you declared the path of what needed to be done.

    - - -
    Harmony Quest /// Barbs in the 'morn
    - - -​

    What Do?
    [X] Head off to the school and library.
    [X] Head off to Ethan's.
    [X] Something Else.

    [​IMG]

    Name : Harmony Kandell, Gentlelady Adventurer and Professional Cheerleader
    Status : At the Summer's residence and quite confused.
    Alignment : Ditzy Good

    Resources / Equipment :
    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol (in layman's term, a Z.A.P. gun for ladies)
    - Current Charge (100% Ionization Charge x 6 Vitae Capacitors)
    - Settings : Incapacitate Pulse (1170/1200 shots) / Modified Lethal Pulse (554/600 shots)
    - Maximum Range : 1 Imperial League / 3 Miles / 4.828 Kilometers

    Basic Aetheric Equipment Repair Kit
    - The absolute minimum, mind.

    Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol Charger
    - Requires plugging into an aetheric charging station. Alternatively, vitae capacitors can be recharge via electrostatic discharge from a negative charged atmospheric region. But only in the most barbaric hinterlands is this necessary.

    Portable Babbage/Lovelace Analytical Engine
    - Monocle Display unit
    - Hand held scanning device
    - Miniaturize Babbage/Lovelace Analytical Engine

    'Immobile' Thinking Clank "Victoria Celestia Lunatic Pandora Frankenfurter the First"
    - High speed dial-up connection to the "internet"
    - Spy Satellite Drone
    - Wireless Display Unit with a connection to Victoria

    A lady's personal effects
    - It is most crass and impolite to ask about the contents of such. And only the most brutish of boars would do so.

    A coin purse
    - Contents are most distressingly low. You are down to your last few sterling notes and shillings.
    - Contents are TRULY distressing, you don't have your credit card on you and only have money from Britain.
     
Loading...