1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Can Adventures Last Forever? (DanMachi SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Silver W. King, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Threadmarks: First Year 16
    Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

First Year 16:

"No really, Silver-san, you don't need worry about the quest at all. In fact, I event sent the forms to the Guild, earlier today, that the quest is completed."

"Seriously? Why?"

Upon arriving to Cian All Emporium, I found the shop closed but it was bustling with noise and activity inside. I went in to talk to Brian, to find him and five other including the Catgirl from before, all busy moving items, mixing ingreidents, or taking things in and out of the back of the shop where from the noise of hammer hitting metal, was what I believed to be the forge. I'm guessing all of them where members of the Cian Familia. There was a lot of shouting from a girl inside who was giving order to everyone else on what materials to get, or prepare.

The moment Brian, his face lit up, like his best friend came for a visit. He greeted me then told me not to worry about the quest anymore. While that was nice, I wonder what happened? What did Nike do?

"Can't you see?" He gestured to everyone working about. "You brought my Familia so much work, I can not begin to describe how grateful I am. Really, enjoy the potion, heck you can even have a second one free of charge if you want." Said Brian, unable to stop grinning.

Wait, they have a lot of work because of me, so getting in a lot of money. I think I saw some of the Drop Items and material they have around now, in the Athena Familia home.

"No, no, that's okay." I don't really like take free things like that. If he insists that's fine I guess. "...Are you currently doing work for the Athena Familia?" I took a shot.

"Yep! That's why we're gonna be closed for a while now, as we work on Athena-sama's order. Really, thanks to you and your Goddess, my Familia can finally be on the map. If you need anything, just ask." Said Brian.

"Okay, okay, I will." I said to placate him. But I'm glad things are looking up for him and his Familia. "So, no hard feeling on not having all the Kobold Teeth?"

"None at all!"

"Hey bro, I need some help over here, what are you waiting for!?" Shouted the commanding voice from the back.

"Just a second, I'm just finishing up with Silver-san!" Shouted Brian back.

"Silver? Isn't that—Jaja, come here and hole the tongs for me!"

"Yes, yes, nya!" The Catgirl put down a box and headed back.

A girl with lime hair came from the door separating the back of the shop to the front. She grinned upon seeing me and Lili.

"You're Silver, right?" She said with an eager cheerful grin.

"Yes?" I asked, leaning away.

"Thank you," she quite literally jumped, body landing on the counter as she hugged me. "Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have so many high quality materials, Drop Items, tools, just everything to make my babies!"

"Oh, oh-okay." I said awkwardly, lightly patting her on the back. "There, there."

"Sorry," Brian chuckled at how uncomfortable I was. Thankfully the girl let go, and pushed herself back behind the counter. "Lecia is just glad that she can forge and brew stuff as much as she can now. Ever since we opened, we didn't have many orders or really that many clients, so business was usually incredibly slow."

"Yeah, I have so many projects, well four big ones really, way more than I usually work on. So really, thank you for that." Said the excitable Lecia.

"You're welcome," I said, trying to hide my awkwardness in how undesired this thanks feels. "So, you're okay with not getting all Kobold Teeth, just half?" I asked.

"Half and that rare Drop Item. Why are you asking?"

"Silver-san was worried that we were shortchanged in all of this and wanted to get the rest of the Kobold Teeth. I told him it was okay, and that quest is considered over anyway, okay?" Brian said to his sister.

"Sure, bro. Like I said, I only needed ten really."

"...Seriously?" I can't believe I went to all the trouble when the quest would have just taken a good week or so. Although, things did in a way work out, so I guess all's well that ends well?

"Hehe," Lecia smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, if I caused you trouble."

"...It's...something," I couldn't honestly say everything was fine. "It all worked out in the end and no one got hu—died."

Lecia shrugged awkwardly before a thoughtful look came to her face. "Say as payback for all the new business you gave us, and the trouble I caused you," Lecia sheeishly smiled again, "how about I make you something with the Kobold Teeth and the Lycan Claw." She said, before making a money sign, thumb and index finger closed in a circle, with her hand. "For a discount of course." I found myself chuckling, something about the transition from grateful to focusing on profit-making was funny a bit. "I was originally gonna make a potion that temporary increased the user's speed by a bit, but with fifty three, I think I can make shoes that gave the user increased speed with them on. The Lycan Claw can make a great knife. With the few extra Kobold Teeth, I can make it in a better quality."

"Hmmm," I nodded cupping my chin as I thought about it. "What if you had all hundred Kobold Teeth?"

Lecia took a moment to think about it, and then there was a...change about her. She look a lot more focused, looking all her cheer and playfulness.

"What weapon do you use?" She asked, her voice firm.

"A sword," I took out my weapon for her inspect. She simply gave it one look, then turned back to me. Gesturing with an open palm that she's seen enough.

"If you bring the rest of the Kobold Teeth, then I think combining all one hundred with the Lycan Claw, I can make you something pretty special." Lecia said with excited, near manic, grin. Brian coughed, Lecia seemed to span out of her intense phase. "I meant, Brian will make it for you. With me helping him. Because I'm the Head Assistant."

"...Okay." I sheathed back the sword. Yeah, that wasn't suspicious at all. "Huh, so it will be like a Magic Sword?"

"Nothing so fragile." Lecia waved me off as she seemed to regain her usual cheer. "It would be more like a, umm," She paused for a moment. "Magical Artifact. Something that has a permanent special effect to it." Woah, that would be so cool! "So, what do you want to do?"

"I'll go for the Lycan Sword," hey, videogames all told me getting all the items for a forging item gives you the best result. "But it's gonna take a while since I wouldn't be able to focus getting Kobold Teeth."

"Good choice, I'll save the items for you." Lecia grin was so infectious that I couldn't help but return it.

"Cool," I replied. "Guess I'll see you all later."

"I'm really glad to have met you, Silver-san. I hope we can be good friends, and you keep coming back." Said Lecia with a wide grin.

"Yeah, same here." Said Brian.

"I'd be honored, thanks."

We said ours good byes, and I wished the siblings good luck, and left with Lili.

"So, onto the Guild?" I asked the Pallum.

"...Actually, Lili is gonna go and resupply her items since she will be working with more than Silver-san, and meet you at the Dungeon entrance." Lili said, her tone sound just a bit too sharp. She was also pouting heavily.

"Lili, are you okay?" I asked worried, also why is she back to third person speak.

"Hmph," did she just huff? "Of course, Lili is just busy, she will see you later." Lili moved before I could talk. She ran with her large backpack, showing her fast she could be when she wanted to.

Wonder what was bothering her?

2. Silver W. King

Oh wow, I'm finally at the second page.

Relyt33, Nawaf, Ayashi and 4 others like this.
  3. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

Glad to have helped. '<

Relyt33, Nawaf, TheWave and 3 others like this.
  4. Threadmarks: First Year 17
    Silver W. King

First Year 17:

Upon entering the Pantheon, I found Luca as I was heading to the counters.

"Ah Silver-san, good thing I caught you now." Said Luca who looked like he was leaving when he found me.

"Something the matter?" I asked, gesturing to the Guild behind him. I was worried that there might be a problem with them for some reason or another.

"No, I was just finishing up taxes."

"Ah!" I nodded in understanding.

The Guild taxed the Familias in Orario depending on the ranking of the Familia. This ranking is devised from the number of Familia members, and who has the highest Level in that Familia.

"So, did you need me for something?" I asked.

"Yes, before we meet up at the Dungeon entrance, I want you to go back to the Pallas Building and have Trisha-san help you with your clothes as well as your equipment." Said Luca.

"What's wrong with my stuff?" I frowned, wonder if the Athena Familia has some sort of aesthetic standard "you need to look this fabulous to join us". Then again Luca's clothes are practical. Maybe he's just the exception?

"Silver-san, where are your clothes and equipment currently?" I think this is the first time I heard Luca speak in a deadpan tone.

"Well, they are..." my thoughts when back Lycan fight. "Oh right." I do have a spare outfit back in my old apartment with Nike and a pajama, but no spare equipment. "Torn up or broken. Yeah, forgot that."

"Exactly, please go and meet Trisha-san about your equipment. There is already a set ready for you, so you can just head there an pick it up before meeting us. I'll introduce you to who you'll be exploring the Dungeon with today." Said Luca.

Why isn't he telling me who I'll be working with this? What's with all the mystery?

"Soooo, are you gonna tell me who I'll be working with?"

"Think of it as a surprise. Trust me, he's someone dependable."

"I'm gonna want to quit after the first day, aren't I?" I instantly replied back, causing Luca to laugh.

"Hahaha, no, no. Probably not." Said Luca after calming down.

"That's not reassuring!" I cried out.

"See you later, Silver-san." Luca began walking away while chuckling, waving back to me.

"Wait! Luca-san!" I moved to go after him, but stopped. There wasn't much of a point, might as well see what happens when I meet them, whoever they are.

Anyways, I headed deeper into the Guild and got my paper work for adding my status as a Supporter done. The process was pretty quick and without an fanfare.

It seemed like nothing exciting was going to happen till I met up with Lili, Luca and the mystery Adventurer later today.

"HA! I FOUND YOU!" Shouted a familiar voice from nearby.

I stand corrected.

I turned to see who was speaking, only to see the angry pouting face of the violet haired, Kyrie-san.

"Errr, me?" Why does she looked annoyed at me?

"Yes you!" She said as she reached me. "You have my book!" She said with a pointed finger, poking me in me the chest.

"Ok first, ow." I said rubbing the spot she poked me in. "And second, what are you talking about?"

"The book I gave you when we first met." Said Kyrie.

"The guide? Was I suppose to pay for it?" Upon saying that statement, I felt my social awkwardness that was sneaking upon him attacked. Seriously, she obviously gave me that as a gift, or its a freely provided book. Why the fuck would I insinuate that I give her money now for it?

"What, no! It was a gift, because you're a new Adventurer and I thought it would help. I just gave you my personal copy by mistake." She said crossing her arms. "So, can you please give it back. I'll get you a new one later."

"Wait, the cute, funny and helpful comments in the margins was you?" I asked taken aback. But didn't the book had a notation in the beginning saying it belonged to someone else? What was that name?

Kyrie blinked back in surprise, a light blush adoring her face. "You thought it was cute and funny?" Upon realizing what she said, her blush intensified. "I-I-I mean, you thought it was helpful?" She said, looking to the side and trying to appear nonchalant.

"Yeah, it made reading the dry part tolerable, and the suggestion for fish breath to deal with Kobolds more or less saved my life. So thank you for that." I said smiling back. Hmm, the name in the beginning of the book, its at the tip of my tongue. Ma-somthing. Mary? No, there was a "U" in the end.

Kyrie found herself smiling in return, "Hehe, thanks. But still its important to me, so could you please return it?"

"Okay, sure. It's yours after all." I tired to hide my disappointment. I like reading that book before bed. It really lightened up the end of my day, since I don't have youtube to watch stand up videos here.

The name though. Maru? Matu? Mashu? Mashu!

I snapped my finger in a moment of epiphany, then tapped my forehead. "Now I remember!"

"Err, what? What is it?"

"The name in the beginning of the book." Then I looked at Kyrie intrigued. "Is that your full name? Mash—"

The entire world and scenery moved. If it hadn't been for the feeling of air hitting me and movement displacement, I would have thought I teleported.

I fell to the ground and heard a door click, locked behind me. I was in some room with cabinets of folders and papers. As I sat up and turned to look behind me, I saw Kyrie, or Mashu Kyrielight, suppose with her back to me, and her hand on the door.

"So, you figured out who I am?" Her voice was grave, and I briefly wondered if I was in a very dangerous situation.

"Aaaaaaa..." I had nothing to reply with. Because what the fuck is going on!? What did I figure out?

"Yes, you're correct," Kyrie turned to me, her expression tense and focused. She then took off her glasses and undid her hair, letting it wave and fall. "I am Mashu Kyrielight!" Her voice was firm and filled with determination. The whole scene was strong and dramatic.

And I had no idea what the fuck is going on?

"...Okay." Was all I could reply with.

"Yes, it is me. After the fall of my Familia, I didn't wander around or join other Familias like those who were left. I knew I would just be used or hunted down by other gods."

"Uh-huh..." What was she talking about?

"Yet, my desire to help others remained. So I join the Guild with the condition to for them to help me hide my identity and start a new life here, as Kyrie, just a normal Guild employee trying to help other Adventurers against the horrors of the Dungeon, in whatever small way she can."

"Alright."

"It might seem foolish to stay in Orario, let alone join the Guild, after the Hera and Zeus Familia were exiled as they were, yet—You have no idea who I am, do you?" She sudden switch her narration, as she looked at me disappointed and disbelieving that I was clueless to who she was and what she was talking about.

"Yes, I do." What the fuck mouth, why would you say that? Okay, I already said it, so I just have to keep going with it.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, really!"

"So who am I?" She question.

"Mashu Kyrielight. Who was in a Familia and now works in the Guild. Wait, how come you just called yourself 'Kyrie' if you were trying to hide yourself?" I asked.

"Playing on people's expectation. 'There is no that's Mashu Kyrielight, and if it was she wouldn't use such an obvious name'. What Familia was I from?"

Okay, she said two name, and since she's a girl. "Hera!" I just realized that was sexist.

"Uh-huh. What Level am I?" Kyrie continued to look at me skeptically.

Let's see. Nike told me the highest Level ever achieve was Level 7, so assuming Kyrie here is famous, but not legendary (otherwise everyone would know her no matter the disguise), she might be Level 6, but those are rare too, so a safe bet would be...

"Level 5." I said, narrowing my eye challengingly.

"...Lucky guess."

Ha! Victory!

I made sure my fist pump was mental and not physical.

"Okay, fine. What my Alias?" She challenged me back.

"Uuuumm," fuck, how do I figure out this one? Okay, okay, just think attribute can draw from her?

...She's pretty?

Dammit dick, stop thinking for me! Brain, what do you have?

...Violet hair!

"The Violent One!" I said with confidence. That was the important thing right?

"...You think I'm violent?" Her words were slow. One of her eyes narrowed in a universal sign of "I'm going to crush you, if you say the wrong thing right now".

"I meant Violet. Violet. As in 'The Violet One'!" I quickly corrected.

"So, you think the Alias the Gods gave me, is 'The Violet One'?" Raised eyebrow, less anger more irritated amusement.

"...'Violet Head'?"

"You think the name I was given for my deeds was the color of my hair?"

"Aaaaaaaa..."

"Just admit you don't know me already." She said with exasperation.

And you know what, I was tired of this too.

"Okay, fine," I threw my hands in the air. "I have no idea who you are, or why your identity is so important!"

"How could you not know me!?" Kyrie sat down next to me, to be at my eye level, looking now more disbelieving than annoyed. "I was one of the top executives for the Hera Familia. How could you not have heard of me."

"I...don't know who those are either." I said plainly, giving up any attempted to appear as anything but an isolated country pumpkin.

Kyrie's eyes bugged out. "You don't know who the Hera Familia is!?"

"No."

"They were, along with the Zeus Familia, the forfronters on the Dungeon Exploration and the ones who completed two of the Three Great Adventurer Quests!"

"I was living under a rock?" I shrugged my shoulders helplessly.

"They were with the first Gods and Goddesses to decent, and have been around for literally a thousand years!" Kyrie's voice was near shouting.

"A very large rock."

"There is no one I the world that doesn't know them."

"Like a whole nation." I was just grasping at straws at this point. "One nation under rock."

"For a thousand years, your hometown or whatever has never heard of the Hera and Zeus Familia?" She was grasping at straws too.

"We were just rocking under our rock the whole time. Basically it was a twenty four hour rave."

"I am not sure whether to be astonished or—Wait, what?" She paused at my "rave" comment.

"Ummm."

Then the door opened!

Both Kyrie and I turned to the intruder with looks of dread.

It was Hilga.

"What...are you...doing...here?" Asked the Amazonian giantess.

"That..." Kyrie turned to see me as clueless on what to do as she was. "Is a good question, Hilga-san. One that I'm sure, Silver-san here will answer." She turned and grinned toward me.

This bitch!

I glared. I glared at this sorry excuse of a secret identity, with all my hate. It did nothing.

"Hmmm?" The heavy voice of the Amazoness brought me back to her. I needed to explain this situation in a way that didn't result in my death by either Hilga or Kyrie.

"Um, that is, aaah," words, something. Anything. Help. Wait, help? Help! "Consultations!"

"Consultations?" Dammit Kyrie, play along. Thankfully my glare this time was listened to. "I was giving Silver-san here consultations."

"Consult...tations?" Asked Hilga.

"That's right, they were about..."

"Life advice!" My mind began to pick up stream on this. If you want to make a convincing lie, then work with the truth. "I was talking to Ma—" An elbow hit my side. Damn it woman, realize your strength. "Kyrie-san about a problem I have with..." I tried to think of anyone. Lili came to mind. "A girl."

"A girl!?" Don't sound so surprised dammit!

"A...girl?"

"Yeah," okay, guess I'm going with this. "This girl...I want to tell her that I care about her, but I don't know how. I want her to depend on me but I don't know what words to use to express that." I looked up to Hilga. "Do you see my problem, Hilga-san?" I maintained eye contact. That's how people believe you're genuine right? This should work great.

"Oh," ...Why is Hilga blushing? "I...understand." And now she's acting embarrassed, what's going on? "I think...she would say...she's flattered." What? "And that...if you want her...to depend on you...she would like to get to know you better." Why did she say the last part quicker than usual and why is she acting like a blush maidiaaaaaaaa... "She would also tell you...she finishes her shift....early on Saturdays...and is free from...two in the afternoon...onward." Oooooooh shit.

No.

No, no, nonononononono.

There is no way this could be happening.

"She hopes...to hear from you...soon." And then she scuttered away. Hilga scuttered away with every step sounding like a miniature earthquake.

I turned mouth gaped, and eyes wide in disbelief toward the only other sane person around.

"What just happened?" There is no way what I thought happened, just happened. Please Kyrie-san, reaffirm my delusions. "She's talking about something else, wasn't she? I'm just naively misunderstanding, right?"

"You just confessed your love to Hilga-san and she accepted." Kyrie said mercilessly shattering my hopes and dreams, all with a hateful smile that reminded me of a certain despicable Goddess.

"Damn you! Why can't you let me have my delusions?" I shouted back.

"Nope!" She sounded far too cheerful. "Besides, Hilga-san is my friend, so of course I'll support her." Kyrie clasped her hand on my shoulder. It felt like an iron death grip. "Also she just got out of a bad break up, so if you break her heart. She'll break you, and if she doesn't I'll break you." Then she let go.

"Shouldn't she be mature enough to handle rejection?" I asked, hoping I could just explain the misunderstanding and avoid this whole mess. We both stood up, as it was a bad idea to still be sitting on the floor.

Kyrie shrugged unhelpfully. "She's eighteen. Social emotional maturity is still something to work on. Besides, again, bad break up. You really don't wanna add to that." She said as we walked out of the storage room, thankfully there were any people around. Or at least there were too far away and busy with other stuff.

"Buullllllshiiit!" I said with conviction. "There is no way she's eighteen. I thought she was thirty or something, that's why how she was acting was confusing."

"Well, too bad. Now go and remember to go talk to her soon, or she'll come looking for you soon, in a bad mood and return my book please." Said Kyrie.

"No, I'm keeping your book hostage from now on."

"What?"

"If I die, you'll never gonna find it."

"...You do realize it's important, but not that important, right?"

"I'll take my petty vengeances where I can, okay!?"

God help me, how am I gonna get out of this mess?

God however was not helpful.

"HUE, HUE, HUE, HUE, HUE!" Nike was literally rolling on the ground holding her stomach in laughter.

"Dammit, Nike. Stop laughing and help me!"

I returned to the Palla Building and quickly found Trisha (she's the blonde in a red marching band outfit, I saw once), got outfited with my clothes, armor, a sword, and of course a large Supporter backpack. Damn that thing is as heavy as it looked.

I then headed straight to find Nike and ask her how I could resolve my situation with Hilga. Yes, I know, it was a very stupid thing to do, but I was clueless and desperate.

"Oh," Nike began to calm herself and start standing up. "Oh man, I gotta tell Thena-chan, she'll get a kick out of this." She quickly stood up and started running to the door.

"Nike, do you seriously want to be known for having your first child die from a pissed off teenage Amazoness!" I shouted after her. I didn't have time to chase her, as I was suppose to meet up with Luca and the other soon.

"I'LL TELL YOUR STORY FOR GENERATIONS! HUE, HUE, HUE, HUE, HUE!" Nike ran cackling.

"Silver-san...are you okay?" Asked a concerned Lili.

"I have to concur, is something the matter, Silver-san?" Asked Luca.

"I...I'll be fine. Maybe, probably." I kept imaging all the ways, Hilga will squeeze me like a grape either when I tell her "no, I didn't mean to ask her out" or completely have her go through a miserable, horrible date as my dating experience was ridiculously rusty. I mean, there weren't even cinemas here, what am I suppose to do with her? "Anyways, let's just...go kill monsters and stuff."

"Right," Luca, bless his heart, was kind enough to just move things along. "So, this is who you'll be partnering with today. Silver-san, Liliruca-san, I would like to introduce you to Johnny-san." Luca gestured to the knight with rose decorations in his armor and cloak. Johnny was silent till now. He seemed okay.

Then he opened his mouth.

"By the hallowed winds and the gallop sun, it is a grand day for an adventure, young friends!"

"What?"

"Upon the hearth of destiny's eve we gathered. Then let us pay tribute to the owl for safe passage," he unsheathed his zweihander, raising it to the sky.

Seriously, what was he saying, was that even proper English? Koine, whatever?

"And upon the dark creek, have no fear! For I shall be your divider benign from harazd."

Is that even correct sentence structure? What was he saying!?

"I swear this, young friends, upon my visage. I, Johnny Senbonzakura!"

There were a few moment since I came to this world, not many, but a few instances nonetheless were I entertained the thought that this whole world, was just a creation of fanfiction written by a Meta Author version of me.

I mean, I found a Goddess who was more or less pulling me into succeeding regardless of the odds, and providing me with lots of tools and opportunities to live a better, and at times easier life. I face things that really should have me killed a long time ago, but I survive and actually grow stronger like some fucking Saiyan-wannabe from all the crazy situation I land in. Heck, just today I found myself in a misunderstanding typical of a Harem Protagonist to lay in and possibly am now going to go on a date with one of those future harem member, likely with Nike stalking the whole thing with some helper for shits and giggles.

Really, there are a number of situation that I can't help but think are the production of a shitty fanfiction, written by a Meta Author Me that has more ideas and drive to write, and a fucking empty imagination with horrible description skills, and compensates by using images or some crap for places, situations and characters.

Sometimes I have these thoughts.

But then they are very easily crushed and thrown away. The life I feel, hear, see, smell, touch and experience here is too real and too visceral to be a work on some talentless hack of a fanfiction author. The pain I experiences, the emotions I felt, and the people I interacted with, all of it too real for me to arrogantly think they exist for the entertainment of some metaphysical writer in the sky.

And yet!

And yet! Here comes a moment, that blows all that away with its sheer fucking audacity in absurdity.

Like someone being named Johnny. Fucking. Senbonzakura.

Thus toward this absurdity, I could only shudder in petulance as my whole being protested and cried out:

"BULLSHIT!"

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  5. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

Dammit, as soon as I read "Johnny-San" I was hoping for Johnny Bravo.

[​IMG]

6. Silver W. King

I already mentioned the guy a few chapters back. And as funny as having Johnny Bravo in Orario, I think the comedy might be too much for me to balance when the serious stuff happen.

7. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

I think a comedic character in serious situations is so commonplace as to be a staple, but fair enough.

8. Silver W. King

I mean, I don't know how to use Johnny Bravo in serious situations and have him be serious. It just easier to use something you can imagine and be familiar with.

9. Enigmatic

Enigmatic I will become the ultimate little sister!

...That was super meta...I think...Honestly, I only vaguely know what meta means.
    I thought her name was Hilga?

10. Silver W. King

Thanks for the notice.

11. Threadmarks: First Year 18
    Silver W. King

First Year 18:

"Eh?"

"Are you okay, Silver-san?"

"Hark?"

That doesn't even mean "what?".

"You, your name!" I pointed at the rose knight. "There is no way your name is 'Johnny Senbonzakura'. Like how!? Your family name is Eastern and everything else about you is Western!"

"S-silver-san, calm down." Said Lili, trying to be placating.

"Yeah, relax, relax." Added Luca with a nervous smile.

"I am the Unification! Culminating from the bravery of men and women across the lands!" Cried out Johnny.

"So what! Your parents just happen to meet in Orario when they're from different sides of the world?" I shouted, yet some part of my trying to fine sanity and rationality in all this.

"Nay! Upon the vast hearting city they came. And the moniker of saucier who wetted their dried navel, upon the introductory eatery they visited, was my inheritance!"

...I literally have no idea what the hell he just said?

"Translation, please." I turned to Luca, begging, pleading for some form of logic.

"When his parents came to Orario, the name of the chef of the first restaurant they ate in was 'Johnny'."

"...Oh," now I actually feel like a dick. "I apologize," I quickly turned to Johnny, fearing I offended the man who had had to suffer under such eccentric parent. "I just had a," it wasn't exactly bad. "Weird day, and your name kinda just...broke everything down on me." I'm not even sure why I said that sentence that way. But still, his parents name him after the first thing they liked about Orario? Just...fuck, they're like the gods in how whimsy they are. Can't even imagine what his childhood was like.

"Hahaha! It is but sand in the wind." Johnny laughed it off. He seems easy going about it. "Now hath, it be time for the hunt to commence." Johnny turned and faced the Dungeon. "Abandon fear, young friends. For as long as this rear is in your view, no monster shall come near you!"

"Lili does not wish to watch! Lili needs an adult!" Shouted Lili.

"Clarification, please!" I begged Luca. "Because it sounds like he's saying to keep looking at his ass."

"No, no." Luca said trying to stifle a laugh. "He's just saying to stay behind him. Monsters won't attack you then."

"I see," Lili and I sighed in relief. "Can you please come with us?" I begged Luca, hanging on one of his arms while Lili hanged on the other with cries of "please". We looked like stubborn children not wanting to go to the dentist.

"Hahahaha, rollicking are the young friends." Johnny began to head in. I was even somewhat impressed by how all the other Adventurers made way for him. In fact they all seem to be trying to stay away and not be noticed by the weirdo.

"You'll be fine." Luca disappeared, using his real speed to appear few meters away, having good bye at us.

"Then, let us be whitherward hell's heart!"

"Don't you dare us your higher Level speed to abandon us!"

Luca ran away. That bastard.

"Silver-san, are we gonna be fine?" Lili held onto me now.

"I hope so," I looked to the retreating back of the rose knight. "I hope so." I held Lili back, drawing comfort from how frightened we both were.

"For the glory of the Athena Empire!" With a sigh, I tapped Lili's shoulder and mentioned for her to get going. With a quick dash (holy crap, how fast am I now?) we were behind Johnny. He gave us a small glance and added to his speech. "Addendum: and Queen Advisor Nike!" Aww, he does want to leave us out of his delusions. How nice.

Even if the guy weirded me out though, that last thing he said could not stand.

"Make her Queen Janitorial, Queen Advisor is more power than she should be given."

"And Queen Janitorial Nike!"

Johnny, as one would expect from a fantasy anime world, was much more competent and powerful, than his demeanor would suggest.

Thankfully he was reasonable enough to wait after finishing an area of monsters, so we could collected the Magic Stones and Drop Items if they appeared.

"You will want to make one stab stopping right before the Magic Stone. Twist the knife to widen the cut, then reach in and grab it. With enough practice, you'll be able to do it like this." Lili was showing me how to extract the Magic Stones as quick and efficient as possible. It wasn't enough to just cut them out, but you don't want to waste too much time on one monster. Lili inserted the knife into the monster's body, a little bit away from Magic Stone's location, twisted to widen the gap, then stabbed the knife again, and as she carried the knife out, it held the Magic Stone on the tip.

"Woah." I said with an appreciative nod. "Okay, you know whenever we went into the Dungeon together, I never really stayed in an area too long because I barely had to wait for you to pick up the Magic Stone. So I just want to tell you, that's really damn impressive."

"So do I get a raise for being an awesome Supporter and teacher?" Hey, Lili's first joke with me!

Okay, keep it cool, keep it cool. Don't scare her by pointing it out.

"Sure, when I'm not in debt anymore."

"So expect it from your children, got it."

"Hey!"

It wasn't just Lili's Magic Stone excavating that was impressive, but the amount of situational awareness to always see which monsters to move away from the fight, as well as stay away from ourselves. The awareness of not just the monster Johnny was fighting but also in all the area around us and how they were moving. That was something I also had to learn.

"Deeper in, young friends!" Asked Johnny when he saw we where done and have packed up.

"Deeper in."

Working with Johnny was actually pretty nice, he wasn't at all like how I expected Adventurers to be toward Supporter, but he may be the exception than the rule. Maybe Luca arranged for me and Lili to work with him first, to ease me into the job? Maybe.

However, while he didn't treat Lili and I badly, he exhausted us. He would run in laughing and shouting, drawing all the monsters to him while we had to keep up. Even with my new acquired speed I had to use it all and force myself to go faster in order to keep up. Even Lili was beginning to sweat.

However, no matter how dangerous or absurd Johnny's traveling into the Dungeon was like, for us the Supporters is was, how should I say, bizarrely safe. As long as we were behind Johnny, monster seemed literally incapable of attacking us, not only that, but I could swear his weapon, a great sword of a length of 1.8 to 2 meters, seemed to reach twice its range.

"It's a Skill," Lili confirmed my thoughts.

"Has to be," I answered back. But really, its a hell of a skill, double your reach (maybe), and make himself the focus of the attacks as long as we stay behind him? That was amazing.

But also incredibly reckless for him. A man who takes on all the heat of the fight? Knowing how skills manifest, I wondered what the hell happened for him to get a Skill like that?

Darkban, godeater111, Rega and 60 others like this.
  12. Silver W. King

Author Note:
    Something I forgot to mention but after the next chapter I plan on having a timeskip, and seeing that some events, or just the one (Hilga's Date), would happen within the period of the timeskip, I'm going to write it separately as a Side Story.

13. Enigmatic

I'm curious about something. Is the main cast going to show up, or will they be ignored?

Nawaf, BlueHelix and divoratore1 like this.
  14. Silver W. King

Loki Familia might show up, Freya too, but Hestia and Bell are going to be a while.

A very long while.

Timeline-wise, I made a mental note that canon starts in the Year 1000, this is 9 years before then. Hestia will probably decend 5~4 years before canon.

15. Enigmatic

Johnny is my favorite character so far. His over-the-top hamminess is hilarious. I hope we to see more of him.

16. Silver W. King

I'll try to have him around more. Maybe.

17. Enigmatic

Yay!

Though for some reason, I keep thinking that Johnny should be wielding a lance rather than a sword.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe it's because a lance is a thrusting weapon and Johnny strikes me as the kind of guy who plows on ahead...

18. Silver W. King

Sure I might add that. Johnny was meant to be multi-weapon wielder.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  19. Enigmatic

Cool. I was just stating that that's the image my mind evokes of Johnny, though...

20. Threadmarks: First Year 19
    Silver W. King

First Year 19:

All too soon, we reached the 10th Floor. The previous Floors were not really dangerous in their monsters. As I was I could kill them, however the number of monsters seemed to increase by a huge margin, and the Floors also expanded in size. I was told that Killer Ants were the worse though, as they do not only travel in a group, they have annoyingly hard shells and sharp antler attacks, and can call on more allies (not sure how this is terrifying to other Adventurers, as other monsters did this to me). However seeing Johnny swiping through them, all while joyfully chortling, like they were paper mache, really hits the self-confidence I had on my newly gained strength.

Immediately upon entering the 10th Floor one can see how different it was from the other Floors. There was a bit of a mist spread around. Not bad to decrease visibility, but it made it difficult to see things that are afar.

"Woah," I looked to the awed Lili beside me. "I've never been here before."

"Yeah," I started but didn't have anything to add. "Neither have I."

Lili gave me an exasperated pout.

"Stayeth close, young friends. For the danger hangs in every corner hither." Said Johnny, sounding a bit more focused now. We found a location next to a giant boulder, where Johnny simply stuck his sword to the ground and waited.

"Are we waiting for something?" I asked.

"Aye, for the beasts of wickedness and defamation comes for I." Said Johnny.

"Ah, I see." I replied. "Wait, defamation?"

"The ground shakes!" In distance they started to appear. Monsters that stood three meters tall, looking like giant fat bipedal pigs. A classical Orc. "For laudation seeks me." Johnny didn't charge to meet the monster. He waited for it and its brethren with greatsword in hand. Naturally I did the smart thing and stayed back. "And I shall answer!"

I looked at the monster towering over Johnny and to my sword that had gone unused in this expedition. It was longer than the length of my arm, but against something like an Orc I wasn't sure how useful it would be. Unless I went for Death By A Thousand Cuts. I guess I could cripple them, but hitting their feet and then stab them in face, but that didn't seem practical for going against hordes of giant monsters. My eyes went to Johnny's greatsword.

When the monster came, Johnny didn't go out to face it. He simply stood in place, and attacked it once it was in range. His strike cut through the monster in half. Then he did the same for the second, and the third and the fourth. The monsters simply kept coming for Johnny like prey to a beast's death maw. I almost felt sorry for the poor bastard.

I groaned, as staying in one place and not moving much made me more conscious of the weight of the Supporter bag.

"You can let it down, you know?"

"Eh?"

I turned to Lili who had already put down her bag, and opened it to get her tools, for cutting Magic Stones, out. She seem to be only slightly winded and not from carrying the bag around, just the travel till we got here.

"You can put it on top of that rock," she pointed to the boulder behind us. "And stay on it. We should be safe with Johnny-sama acting as a lure for the monsters."

Something I was curious about for a while, I felt now was a good time to bring up.

"Lili," I said getting her attention. "How long were you a Supporter that your Strength rose high enough to carry that bag like its weightless?" Really. She made carrying that giant bag so easy that I couldn't help but be self conscious about it.

"I was always a Supporter," was Lili's simple answer, that made my stomach twist at the reminder of what it meant. "But," Lili had a thoughtful look. "Its not like I'm particularly strong. It's my Skill that helps with that."

"Skill?" Huh, first time I heard her talk about that. Skill are usually impressive, wonder what it is?

"Nothing that grand, Silver-san." Lili smiled sheepishly. "Artel Assist is a Supporter Skill, it compensates for how heavy an object is above a certain point by raising my abilities to be able to carry said object."

I blinked as I processed that.

I thought about it and turned that statement in my mind again.

That's just...

"Lili, when is your birthday?" I ask.

Lili seemed startled by the non-sequitur.

"Errr, November, in seven months." Said Lili. "Why?"

"I'm getting you a warhammer."

"Eh?"

"Basically, big giant hammer to bash stuff with." I explained.

"Eeeh, no Silver-san, you don't need to do that!"

"Nope. I've decided, your not changing my mind." I switched my focus and ignored Lili and whatever rationalized protests she came up with. My focus easily slide to Johnny slashing and bring down monsters left and right with his greatsword, all while still standing in the same spot. From small, nibble and fast Imps, to large overwhelming Orcs. Nothing could come close or get past him.

"I want that!"

"And really, it would be even more of a detriment for me to—Eh?"

"I want one!" My eyes sparkled as I fell in love.

"S-silver-san, are you okay?" Said Lili creeped out.

"I want a giant sword!" I explained, much to Lili's added confusion. "Its the best answer to giant monsters, right?"

"Eeeeehmmm," Lili let out a low sound, as she was unsure on how to answer me. "I...guess?"

But I already had my answer. Against monsters like the Orcs and other things like them, I need a giant sword.

"Silver-san, Silver-san, am I dreaming?" Lili eyes shined with jubilation, like all the holidays came at once, and brought all their gifts for her as well.

"I know, I know. I can't believe it either. Is this for real? Is this really okay, Johnny-san?" I said with the same excitement. I felt like I'm going to cry from joy.

After a long gruelling day, we finally came back from the Dungeon. And even though we went as far as the 10th Floor, this was the safest expedition to the Dungeon I've ever been on.

Then we went to the Pantheon to cash in on the Magic Stones.

"Hahaha, take the narwhals entrails and bask in the feast of life!" Cried out Johnny, sharing in our enthusiasm. I think for him, this is normal, but for me and Lili, seeing roughly over 100,000 valis from a day's work in the Dungeon was not something we ever dreamed of. And this wasn't the total, but my 20% of the loot.

Half of this would go to Lili, which means that she can now easily fill her quota and focus on her debt. And for me, working with Johnny was not a bad experience, in fact, if I get a bit more stronger than this I think I can maybe, even start participating in the fights.

My debt wasn't something I was worried about, other than how it will effect my efforts in helping Lili, but now that this worry subsided, I feel like I cane finally look to the future and its ambiguity with hope.

-=X=X=X=-

AN: Next chapter will be after a timeskip.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  21. Silver W. King

Sorry, no update today as I'm feeling sick. I should something tomorrow. Either the Side Story 1, or I'll hold off on that till its finished and just post a normal chapter.

22. shakeval

shakeval Versed in the lewd.

I have this bad feeling that lili making any impact on her debt will only bring bad attention her way, granted I've only seen the anime and have no clue why she hasn't left the familia she was born into.

23. Althero

Althero Not too sore, are you?

While Soma doesnt give a fuck if Lily leave, the captain will want her to pay an exorbitant fee if she want to leave, of course, they all douches so...ya know. Fat chance

24. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Take your time and don't force yourself.

25. Lalzparty

Lalzparty Functional Alcoholic

Hmm.
    I have read your work in SB.
    were there any significant changes?

BlueHelix and divoratore1 like this.
  26. Threadmarks: First Year 20
    Silver W. King

First Year 20:

Breath in. Breath out.

It's been close to three months now since I started working as a Supporter for the Athena Familia, and it feels like I am doing no impact on my debt. I've been going into the Dungeon near every day, except Saturdays (those I usually relax or go into the Dungeon solo, only till the 4th Floor), with a Level 2 Adventurer. Usually we would only hunt for Drop Items for three to five hours and that's it. I learned that other than Johnny, nearly all the Adventurers above Level 1 in the Athena Familia have either a Skill that helps with Drop Item Hunting, or apparently the Development Ability, Hunter, adds to getting those rare items.

I've also noticed the vast difference in loot gain when acting as a Supporter for those other Athena Adventurers and Johnny. With the other Athena Adventurers the loot gain is little, 20% cutting into that even further, but we have the rest of the day free, and can go Dungeon exploring on our own.

The days with Johnny however were the best, even if they weren't as many as I would like. And while we did spend all day in the Dungeon, the loot gain in the end was worth it. They were the only days I felt like I was making progress.

On my own with Lili, we can now go all the way to the 7th or sometimes 8th Floor.

All my muscles were tense. It took everything not to fall to the ground. Not even from finishing my training or the sparring, no, I had gotten used to my extreme physical conditioning a while ago. Rather, trying to do the usual cardio, sprinting and sparring, all while wearing heavy armor enchanted to make all the user's movement be like moving in water, that was a new level of masochism. I really hope I don't develop that fetish.

While there is reward in this anime-esque, Training From Hell, as my stats do rise everyday no matter how little, it does not make the process any more enjoyable. Add wielding a greatsword for those spars, and by the end, my arms just want to fall off my body and run away form me in protest. The greatsword in question however, beyond being heavy, and a whole bitch to balance in swinging around without being dragged by it, was not even sharp enough to be used against the Dungeon's Monsters.

At the very least Gut's sword from the manga Berserk can cut down demons neatly, this lump of steel was just a giant baseball bat. Well, it can still be used as a bashing weapon, but I could have just gotten a club then. But then, that's why I got it from Brian for cheap. At some point though, I'm gonna have to go back and have it sharpened.

With a punch, I was slammed into the ground and actually bounced and hit the fortress wall of the city. I cried out, feeling the air leave my chest, as even with the protection of the heavy armor I still felt the the sheer force of that hit.

"Hey, no sleeping on the job. You're not a good stress ball if you just take it and don't fight back." The growling aggressive voice that said that, was not Luca. While the ever dutiful Athena Familia Vice Captain did continue to spar with me in the morning, even after our training period ended, he wasn't always available. At those times I would just subject myself to more physical training, or someone else would spar with me for the hell of it.

"Ye-yeah, just a second." I whizzed out, trying to stay on my feet.

Usually it's Johnny that spars with me, that sweet, sweet awesome man. For one thing, he actually uses a greatsword, so eventually when I do get the one I have Dungeon Exploration worthy, I would know how to use it. For another, the rose themed knight was so damn motivational I couldn't help but feel energetic sparring with him. Really, after getting used to his usual speech and antics, he's pretty fun to hang around, the mood never feels down with him.

The other person who I spar with, and I really, really do not want to. In fact, I would rather interact with her as little as possible was Trisha Buenaventura, one of the four, including Johnny, Level 2 Adventurers of the Athena Familia. That red colored, marching band uniform chick was just creepy. She freaks me the fuck out. Worse, she's the manager of the Athena Familia production operations, so if I want to get any item, clothes or anything from the clothmakers of the Athena Familia, I have to go to her. I shudder just thinking about her. Burrr.

"You know, its fun watching you bounce around, as the water-effect stays on even then, but I'm falling asleep here." However from time to time the Athena Captain, Allegra Talmai, would drop by to spar with me. Those were the most painful days. "Fuck it, this ends when I knock you out, right? Guess I'll do that." Hey turns how, Allegra was Hilga's older sister, how the fuck could that have happened or why, I have no idea. It feels like she's just pissed off on how my date with Hilga ended and taking it out on me. Although she looks angry all day long so I don't know.

I never saw Hilga in the Athena Familia building. I later learned she doesn't live there as she isn't part of the orange haired Goddess's Familia. Kinda weird that one sister would be in a Familia and the other wouldn't.

"That's not a rule!" I shouted in panic, and used the best defense I had. I slashed my blade at her with all my speed.

I mean it's not like the date even ended badly. Heck, it ended on Hilga's terms.

Allegra exchanged blows with me, casually holding her claymore, yet even with her loose grip I couldn't knock the blade from her hand. I tried everything, heck I even let go of my sword, grabbed her hand and sword handle and tried to forcibly remove her sword from her hand. Nothing. She was so amused, she back handed me into the ground, before letting go of her weapon herself. She switched the spar into a boxing match. One that involved headbutts, kicks, chokeholds, and throws.

"AARRGH!"

Lots.

"COUGPH!"

And lots.

"OOOOHOO! OH GOD IT HURTS."

And lots of throws.

I mean, I know she's Level 4, but could she just please stop using me like a literal rag doll? Seriously, training with people who I can see none of my efforts do anything about was really ruining my self-confidence. I mean I can see my stats improve, but I'm still getting beaten the same way, because against them I am never fast or strong enough. It almost makes me want to cry.

There was a moment were she left herself open, as I dashed to my sword nearby, having gotten close to it, from being thrown around. A took the blade and slashed at her neck, before changing directions to her torso. It didn't matter in the end as she slapped the blade aside. Slapped it. Just...seriously!?

Allegra kicked me into the fortress wall and pulled her fist, readying it for when I bounced back.

"No, no, nononononono!"

The last thing I saw was her wide grin.

My eyes snapped open as I sat up taking huge gulps of air.

"Welcome back to the land of the living." Came the amused growl next to me.

"Holy shit I'm alive!" I spit the words out quickly, as I took out the potion bottle saved for the end of my spars and drank.

"Oh shut up you drama queen." Allegra bit back as she leaned on some crates with her arms crossed.

I drank my potion and stood up, leaning against the fortress wall, and waited for Allegra's thoughts on today's spars. Which were usually just her telling me I'm shit.

"You were shit," I was right, go me. "You're still slow."

"Armor," I pointed to myself.

"When it comes to swinging your sword or changing directions with it, or even just moving about. I'm not counting being slow in general by the armor." Said Allegra with gritted teeth. I wisely shut up.

"What really pissed me was when you had chances to land a hit but didn't." She narrowed her eyes. "You better not be thinking of that 'I don't hurt girls' bullshit."

"No, never." I replied shaking my head.

"You had a few good shots at times, but tried to change where you're hitting. Those weren't feints," She said, her tone ripping through whatever argument. "Like toward the end. That hit at my neck could have landed, but your changed directions. Like, what the fuck. You have seen me take more dangerous hits than that," Said Allegra. "Also, side note, your feints suck too."

"Geez thanks," I said back, before paling and straightening myself. Allegra doesn't seem to care, but that doesn't mean take attitude with the Amazoness Familia Captain. "I um," I scratched my head trying to answer what she said. "I guess I, aaa..." I twisted my mouth trying to form the words I wanted to say, before picking them like pulling up teeth. "I was...worried for a second...what if this is the hit that does some really damage, or something." I looked up to meet Allegra's usual glare, and flinched. I didn't look away though. "Sorry."

"Hmm," Allegra grunt back. "Are you afraid of blood?" She asked after being in deep thoughts for a bit.

"No, really. No." I wasn't sure where the question came from.

"Hmm," she grunt again, before standing from leaning on the crates, and began walking. I guess the session was over. She stopped after a few steps with her back turned to me. "Hey," I looked back to the Amazoness. "I'm not good with clarifying things as Luca, so when you meet him he should explain this better but," she looked back. "If you want to get anywhere, if you want to survive or be strong...you gotta stop being afraid of yourself." She finished and walked away.

"Huh?" I...really didn't understand what she meant. I am not afraid of myself. What does that actually even mean?

I put the question out of my mind, as I looked up at the sky to see how long I had before meeting Lili. From the sun's position, just enough time to pick up my finished Lycan Sword. Good.

"Hey Lecia, manning the shop today?" I asked as I entered Cian All Emporium.

"Everyone is busy with deliveries and stuff, so I'm taking a break till they get back." Said the lime haired assistant, who seemed to nearly run everything in the shop, regardless of Brian being the older one.

"Cool, so is it done?" I was eager to see my new weapon. Nearly hopping in my boots really. Lecia's face fell. Uh-oh, that wasn't good. "What's wrong?"

Lecia tilted her head, and her mouth twisted into a frown she had when she had too many ways to deal with something, but wasn't sure which one to take. I've seen it many times when we discussed ideas for weapons or equipments.

"Not...exactly. The sword is fine, just..." Lecia kept turning her eyes from looking at the ceiling to the side, weight her options before finally just shrugging. "Wait here." She said, going into the back of the shop.

I wonder what the problem was? I hope the forge turned out fine, because I don't want to get more Kobold Teeth. It took forever, more than two months really, to get enough to complete one hundred, as I wasn't devoting my time to it as I could, and just had to settle for the occasional Kobold Tooth I found, or negotiated for.

Lecia came back with the sword, took it out of its sheath, and laid both sword and sword holder on the counter in front of me.

It was beautiful. I never thought I would say that about a real life weapon, and not just the fantasy drawing of one. The blade was elegantly designed, with dark blue metal covering most of it, almost seeming like it was ink covering the blade, and not the blade itself. The inner metal was silver in color, its hilt was of the same color. The sword was designed to be wielded by one hand, but looked like it can also be used with two. At the joining of the sword and handle laid a blue jewel and almost seemed to glow at times, even when there wasn't light.

"You made this...out of a hundred Kobold Teeth and the Drop Item of an Enhanced Species version of one." I was awed. Really, I was. If she can make something like this from Kobold's Drop Items, then what about Wall Shadows, or Hellhounds, or Minotaurs or even Dragons of any kind?

"My brother, I just helped." She seemed to almost say it by reflex. "That's not the point though, Silver-san." I focused on Lecia, who was now frowning, and nervously rubbing her arm with her nails in the opposite direction, so as not to actually scratch herself. "The blade is complete. There was nothing wrong with its manufacture or its structure right now. It won't suddenly break or something, and should even be able to stand up to any Level 1 monster."

"Okay," I said, trying to smile but not sure how with her foreboding tone. "So what's the problem?"

"The problem," she held it up with the gen facing me. For a brief second, it felt like an eye looking at me. "Is that, in order to give the sword its special effect, I may have made it alive. Kinda."

-=X=X=X=-

AN: My fucking perfectionism almost made me not post anything until I finish the Side Story. Thank god I was able to push that aside. So enjoy till the next one.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  27. Silver W. King

Nope.

...Although I have entertained the thought of making an AU of this fic where Lewds happen and post it in the NSFW section.

28. Enigmatic

...Is the sword going to start talking?

29. Silver W. King

:D

But for real, nah, it is whole other problem than talking.

30. Enigmatic

Is it going to have a Muramasa curse? Or make its wielder go into a Rage Mode?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.