1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Can Adventures Last Forever? (DanMachi SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Silver W. King, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eveakane

eveakane I'm definitely a Hooman

Okay, so token good member? Bart seems to have already made an observation on Silver, and finds himself a kindred soul...on hating their goddesses. His sister is either a secretly good person who wants out of the familia, a very control freak type person, or she's a yandere for her brother.

2. shakeval

shakeval Versed in the lewd.

Have familia gods/goddesses ever been slain while on the mortal plane by mortals?

3. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

Nope. It is generally a bad idea for anything to kill a god/goddess other than another one, as their Arcanum automatically activates healing them, and in whatever time they have before they are booted back to heaven they can do some serious shit to whoever killed them. Also, they can meet the soul of whoever killed them in the afterlife, so that's extra shit for the mortal.

4. shakeval

Ok, can an outsider consume some of their godly power, possibly if you consume some of their flesh or blood?

Damnedmatt likes this.
  5. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

I don't think that's even remotely a thing in the setting.

6. shakeval

Fingers crossed until OP denies it, could get him an interesting title

Damnedmatt likes this.
  7. Silver W. King

The Falna is basically a god literally using their blood in a sort of ritual to make you into a baby Demigod, so there is that.

But if you are asking specifically for a power or a skill that allows someone to kill a god and absorb some their power (kinda like a Campione when you think about it), then no.

Or in this fic no. Because I don't see a story if the SI or a character had a skill like that in this fic/setting.

Or rather, the story would go into a direction I am not interested in writing. Either the person with said OP power will be hunted by EVERYONE the second they find out about him, thus he spends his life on the run if found, or in hiding if his power isn't found out yet. Or they pretend to be a god, which is a whole other type of story dealing with a long con. Or they just crub-stomp everyone, The End.

In conclusion, no, this power does not exist in this fic. And in the original setting, it wasn't a thing.

Again, sure, someone could write a story with it being some character's Skill or Development Ability, but I don't think I would be interested in introducing this element to the fic.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  8. Fullmetal

Fullmetal YonkoOfMonkeys Gone for Good

MY GOD NIKE IS SO GOD DAMN IRRITATING.

I'm not sure where you are going with her for this, but this far in, not only is the MC incredibly wimpy (outside of bloodlust battle) and ridiculously stupid, but Nike is grating.
    So grating.

I understand you're attempting to make this funny by having us laugh at the MC's misery and Nike is the instigator of most the shet but when you continuously have him become unfortunate it becomes so much worse.

*phew

Right the rant is nowhere done, but I shouldn't go on too much.
    In comedy and in writing you should attempt a sort of balance between characters. So far this has been stretched way too much in Nike's favour and it is not good because it feels like you are attempting to bash the reader. Especially since this is an SI where the Reader is put into the MC's shoes as much as the Author here.
    Nike's wins, okay that fine I get that its her thing, but not winning ALL the time.
    So please.
    Let the (*&%)(*#@%Y)($#^ MC win.

Thank you.

Damnedmatt and Krulla_Chief like this.
  9. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

OG HIPSTER NECRO

[​IMG]

It's been well over a month, dude.

Edit: It's your first post though, wow. Reminds me of my first couple of forum posts on my first forum joined.

SixthRanger and Wild Transient like this.
  10. Fullmetal

I'm a bit confused on what you said here.
    A lot of unfamiliar lingo.

SixthRanger and Wild Transient like this.
  11. Silver W. King

It basically means don't post in threads that weren't active for a long time, although I think it's okay on QQ if it's to further the discussion. Not entirely sure though.

As for this, well thanks for reading, hopefully if you decide to continue you'll see that things get better.
    Yeah...fuck it, I'll bring it back. Two days should be enough.

12. Fullmetal

oh whoops. I just thought you were in quasi-hiatus-late-update mode

SixthRanger likes this.
  13. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

Nope, they added it to the RURURUS.

Wild Transient likes this.
  14. SoleksTheWolf

SoleksTheWolf Getting out there.

• Warning Rule 7:Thread Necromancy
    Kobold, actually.

15. Moderation: Locked for necro
    Silvercrystal

Silvercrystal That’s no moon! It’s a Moderator! Moderator

a necro after this amount of time? I think this is a safe lock till OP asks for a resurrection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.