1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Can Adventures Last Forever? (DanMachi SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Silver W. King, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

Woah, you nailed it. Mostly.

I went for the blade brings out the more negative aspects of the wielder. Specifically rage, cruelty, bloodlust. That type of thing.

2. Enigmatic

Enigmatic I will become the ultimate little sister!

So basically like the Sacrifar form of the Ten Commandments sword from Rave Master, but without the power boost?

BlueHelix and divoratore1 like this.
  3. Silver W. King

Yes and you'll see. :D

4. Enigmatic

So that's a yes on the power boost?

5. Silver W. King

Yes, but I want the specifics to be a surprise.

6. Enigmatic

What, is it closer to the Curse Series from Rising of the Shield Hero?

7. Silver W. King

I stop reading Shied Hero around the first monster wave attack. What's that?

8. shakeval

shakeval Versed in the lewd.

Is it going to be like a giant dick, it likes to get shoved in things and complains when it doesn't get any blood.

9. Silver W. King

Ah, in that case no. It's not a talking sword urging the user to give it blood.

10. Enigmatic

When one of the Heroes undergoes a situation that causes them to immensely powerful emotions of the Seven Deadly variety, they gain a weapon of that particular series, which, while powerful, corrupts their mind when used.

For example, Naofumi gains the Shield of Wrath, which grants him immense strength, but slowly erodes his sanity during use until he's basically a Berserker (and later a cliche supervillain out to conquer the world). He originally obtains this after he loses the duel against Motoyasu due to Malty's interference and risks losing Raphtalia, his only companion.

Amaki, however, gains the Sword of Greed and the Sword of Gluttony, which causes him to attack people and steal their equipment and kill people for EXP, respectively, when used. He obtained them after being betrayed by Malty, who stole all his stuff, and having his party members die, which he refused take responsibility for and blamed on them being weak.

If the wielder manages to overcome the Curse, the weapon transforms into one of the Blessed Series.

11. Silver W. King

Oh, I see. While I am not going strikely into the direction of overcoming a Cursed Weapon so it becomes Blessed Weapon or its equivalent, I am going for something similar. A weapon that causes its user to rage out is used a lot in fiction, but I want to use that for character development so that rather than it being the weapon that does that its the user.

12. Threadmarks: First Year 21
    Silver W. King

First Year 21:

"...What?" I asked slowly, hoping Lecia wasn't about to drop some terrifying world altering reveal on me. Magic Swords are special in how much power they contain, as they are literally a spell in a sword, but are destroyed quickly in using that power. Magic Items are from the name items with special effects and usually last a long time if they are treated properly and not damaged. High level smiths on the other hand, can do something beyond Magic Swords in a sense that they can create items with special attributes like Durandel i.e. indestructibility. So to create something like a Living Weapon, there must be something higher than that. "Please explain that to me, how is it 'kinda' alive?"

Lecia grunted, looking to the side with a thoughtful scowl. "Maybe 'alive' isn't the right word. It's not sentient, but its...responsive to the user."

"That sounds like something responding to outside stimuli, so alive?" I said back.

"Okay, not that." She said as she struggled with finding her words. "It can only bring out more of its power...the more its likes the user?"

"How is that not alive?" I said back, incredulous.

"Arrrg!" Lecia set down the sword as she let out a loud grunt. "Okay, not that, but it's like," she was looking around as though searching for words floating within the shop to help her. And she found it, not floating words, but the next best thing. "A mirror!" She said snapping her finger. An object to use like a metaphor.

"A mirror?" I asked for clarification.

"Well, a mirror that gives a twisted reflection." She said, waving me off.

"So, fun house mirror?"

"Ha! No, but well, yes. Except for the fun part." She smiled before looking serious again. "The thing is the forging process was long, complicated and didn't involve just straight up smithing, I, well bro, with a lot of us helping him, had to do a lot of things, like making potions from the Kobold Teeth, to some metalwork, to some enchanting, yadda, yadda, yadda." Lecia gestured to move things along to herself. "The point is, in order to make a weapon with special effects, either you imbue them with those effects, which requires a high level of skill and well, Level. Or as we did, draw out the potential within the item. However, this method isn't reliable and tends to be a crapshoot as you never know what you will get. I once met someone with a sword that makes a pink trail as it moves. No, really that was it, just a pink trail. Its owner hated to use it but was forced to as it was the best sword he had at the time." We chuckled at that. "In this case though, the sword while it has a very good and useful effect," Lecia shook her head side to side, eyes away while frowning. "It has a negative side effect that accompanies the weapon."

"Okay, and you can't remove it?" I asked.

"Nnn...o. I could but it would weaken the sword to try and do that. The two effects are linked. I guess before I worry too much, I should just ask as it might end up as a problem for you. But, do you get angry easily, or do you hold grudges? Basically are you an angry person?"

I blinked at the odd questions. "Not really, no." I replied. "About as any normal person, but I tend to forget what pissed me off if I don't deal with it for a while." I can't remember being angry at something for more than a hour or two max, then I just let it slip out of my mind. It's just being annoyed and bitter about something you can't do anything about, so there is no point in being angry for too long.

"Then you should be fine!" Lecia said a bit cheery, then moved, sheathed the sword and handed it to me. "The sword's effect is that is increases the users speed by a good margin. I would say about double their speed." Okay, that proud closed eye smile, chin up and arms crossed? She was exaggerating. Massively.

"Really?" I asked in obvious monotone disbelief.

"Hey!" She protested. "Well," she began deflating on herself. "Okay, so it would be close to, eeeehh, 25, maybe 40% increase in the user's speed. Although I'm possible double speed is possible. In theory." That doesn't really sound like it will be true, as in theory means in some ideal fantasy with perfect conditions. So yeah, 25% increase is speed is the best result, which is actually kinda terrifying when I think about it. With a sword like this, you would instantly be able to hit outside your weight class. "Also, it has a secondary effect, the faster the sword moves, the sharper it's edge gets, allowing you to hit some of the more hard skinned monsters."

"What!?" My eyed bugged out. That instantly made this weapon far more valued than I could have thought! I grinned as I looked at it. I really wanted to try it out.

"Yeah, pretty great, right?" Lecia matched my grin.

"Great doesn't begin to describe it."

Lecia then lost her grin. "Now if only that other effect wasn't there, I could even advertise the sword." Lecia looked thoughtful. "Well, I probably can't advertise it anyways given that I need a Lycan Claw and all those Kobold Teeth to make it. Anyways," she continued. "The problem is in the third effect. The sword would," she hesitated. I patiently waited for her. She sighed and just let it out. "The sword would cause the user get angry, which in turn would increase the speed effect and thus the sharpness effect. How much the user would be affected by the anger aura would depend on the person. So someone who is usually calm, only getting frustrated or a bit irritated on occasion would draw a minimal amount of power from the sword. On the other hand, someone who had an anger problem would draw the most power from the sword, but well, being berserk in a fight is not the wisest thing to be."

"...You made a sword that can grant a Skill—" I began astonished, before Lecia cut me off.

"No! No," she said with a raised open palm. "The sword only brings out whichever anger is within the users and increases it a bit, but it does not grant the Berserk Skill. It just looks like it." Said Lecia, lowering her hand back to the counter. "Unlike the Skill, there is a limit to the amount of anger the sword causes the user, so usually I would say to just be cautious when using it. It only causes the user to be irritable, but in the middle of the Dungeon, that's something to take note of."

"I see," I said as I processed all of this. "So, the moment I use it, it will rage me out."

"Not right away," Lecia tilted her head, and righted it back. "You will feel the speed effect first, and the anger effect will come last, maybe even not at all, if you're someone with a lot of self control."

I sighed loudly. "I see," I wore the sword, strapping it to my back. "Honestly, you really worried me there, so just 'there is a possible anger effect, take care when it happens'." I summerized her warning.

"Yeah," Lecia grinned bashfully. "Sorry, guess I got overly dramatic."

"It's okay, I understand wanting your work to stand out." I turned to leave the store. I had already paid for the sword in installments over the past two months. "I gotta go catch up with Lili. I'll test this bad wolf in the Dungeon as soon as I can." I moved to leave.

"Be sure to come back with feedback!" Lecia called out behind me.

I stopped as I remembered something.

"By the way, what's the sword's name?" I said, my head peeking back into the shop. Usually swords this special have names, right?

"Lunatic!"

-=X=X=X=-

AN: Beta edits provided by Maromar from SV. Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  13. Threadmarks: First Year 22
    Silver W. King

First Year 22:

"And that is why using a greatsword would slow me down." Lili concluded her argument with with a proud nod.

"You do realize I'm calling bullshit on everything you say about this subject, right? You're not gonna convince me that you can't use Artel Assist offensively." I said back, smiling in good-nature. "You are fast, that means you will never have the argument of 'I can't use a heavy weapon because I'll be slow in wielding it'. It just won't happen."

"I would look ridiculous!" Lili threw her hands in the air. "Seriously, how would I be able to use it? It would be taller than I am!"

"Jumping. Somersaulting. Flips. Whatever you need to move and slash with it. You'll be like a mini-spinning machine of death." I said back, holding back a laugh at the image of Lili being a killer rabbit.

"What am I, an Almiraj!?" She snapped back, and I laugh out loud for her voicing the thought.

"Guys guys, relax." Said Arachne with a placating smile, but I could see he was secretly amused too. "I too think Liliruca-san would make a good Adventurer, but I think she would need a more suitable weapon like a knife, or a mace." Said Arachne, trying to get us to compromise.

"Wow, that is way too cliche." I said with a dry disappointed tone. "Really, Arachne-san? Short girl uses a short weapon? Shame on you." I said with mock seriousness.

"Shame on me?" The Level 2 Seamstress dramatically placed his hand on his chest, "I'm not the one trying to hard to be different. Standards exist for a reason, Silver-san."

"Yeah and they're boring. Deviations are cool." I said with sadness at the very idea of the average boring cardboard cutout Adventurer.

"Trying too hard to be cool is impractical." Said Arachne with a self-convinced nod.

Lili and I shared a look and tried hard not to laugh.

""Oooh reeeaally!?"" Then we both turned to Arachne and spoke at the same time, before listing examples of "impractical cool things".

"Long skirts with side slits." I said.

"Shirts that do not connect at the sides." Continued Lili.

"Gloves and heavy socks on short shorts and a tube top."

"Harem pants."

"Belt Dress."

Then me and Lili shared an evil grin.

""Combat. Tutu!""

"Aaaaah, enough, enough!" Shouted Arachne covering his ears, before glaring at us. "You are taking all of those way out of context. And besides everyone of those commissions was specially designed for whomever got them. They worked for the people I made them for." He crossed his arms, pouting and looking straight ahead. "It's not my fault you can't mend coolness with practicality, Silver-san."

After a second, all of us began chuckling.

"Yeah, and don't you dare criticize Arachne-sama's work, you fashion blind Supporter!" Said an irritated Hume Bunny, who came next to Arachne and hugged his arm.

Aah, yes. Arachne's fangirl. And not the only one.

"You Supporters, stop causing disturbances to the group, and silence those pitiable voices of yours." Said the other Level 2 Adventurer traveling with us. "Those ignorant of art are only allowed to gaze in awe at it, not complain after the privilege of witnessing it, isn't that right, Arachne-sama?"

"Well, art and fashion does need to incite a response and feedback to be valid." Arachne immediately went to tray and calm the two young woman.

As I was saying, Arachne, as one would naturally expect has fangirl. Actually he has a fan club, with fangirl. And fanboys. Some of whom are no longer in the category of girl and boy, much aged up from that.

It is as horrifying as one would imagine.

The fan club even has member from outside the Athena Familia. It brings profit to the Familia by selling Arachne memorabilia. Like chibi figurines, shirts with pics and the like.

I had no idea Athena-sama had such a terrifying side to her comparable to Nike. I am really starting reconsider everything I originally thought of her.

"Arachne-sama! You are too kind. You shouldn't let them talk to you like that!" Cried out the Hume Bunny. This was Fiona Frona. Try saying her name ten times in a row. Seriously, I have no idea why her parents named her that, other than to try and screw with people. She was a blonde Hume Bunny, wearing a white combat dress with a blue skirt and those puffy shoulder things. Her weapon was a lance. She is an experienced Level 1 Adventurer that was part of this expedition, acting as support for the coming fight.

"It's fine, we are all friends here." Said Arachne calmly.

"And it is in such situations that one must adhern to proper social etiquette even more so. You are a Level 2 Adventurer, Arachne-sama. They are Level 1 Supporters. Being too amicable with them will only bring trouble to them." And this ray of sunshine was Claire Elpidius. She was one of the first Adventurers I saw in the Athena Familia. A blue hair young woman with a combat dress that looked like a fetish outfit than anything for actual combat, what with the long boots and the open side waists. Her weapon was a large greatsword that she carried with an ease, that I was sure was a Skill. I mean, she bitches about Supporters and its obvious she was one long enough to develop Artel Assist just like Lili did. She was a stereotypical rich bitch, in that she is supposedly a fallen noble who joined the Athena Familia to pay her family's debt or something like that.

There are currently four Level 2 Adventurers in the Athena Familia.

Arachne Idmon, the Seamstress and all around good guy to hang out with, if you can avoid his fangirl and fanboys. However, we usually don't go on Dungeon expeditions that much due to how important his position in the Athena Familia was, and thus we tend to have others accompany us as quote-unquote safety for him.

Claire Elpidius, the second to last person I liked to work with. I can't even give her the tsundere excuse as she is just a constant nagging bitch. Thankfully she never went far beyond always complaining and acting like a self-entitled brat. She never acted harshly toward Lili, mostly because I was in her face about it the one time she did. I didn't complain about her to Athena, as I don't want to cause a problem to the Familia with how much they are being patient on me with, given everything I did, and she isn't complaining either because it would look bad for Miss "Noble Image".

Johnny Senbonzakura, the awesome, if linguistically scarring badass knight. I liked hanging out with him the most once I got used to his way of talking.

And then there was Trisha Buenaventura. The walking innuendo and sexual harassment lawsuit (if lawsuits were a thing in this world) waiting to happen. Seriously, I would take Clare and her bitchiness over spending time with Trisha.

"Hey, comedy novel rejects, stop playing around. We're almost there." The irked voice of Leticia Arc cut through all arguments, causing Claire and Fiona to straighten out. Leticia was a Level 3 Adventurer (with only two others in the Athena Familia being Luca and Mora) was the acting teamleader of our group.

All of us currently were on our way to the 12th Floor were a Wyvern was reported to have went up there from the Middle Floors. It was a good opportunity for Arachne, Claire and Fiona to fight a strong monster in safe conditions. Or as safe as can be made.

The plan was for Arachne and Claire to focus on fighting it, with Fiona offering support to their attacks. Lili and I were here to provide potions, and if need be momentary distraction while the Athena Adventurers regroup. I wouldn't have gone with this, if Leticia wasn't around, as even with her stand offish attitude, I have come to see that she was serious about any role she is given. Also I felt like I could depend on her because of what she did in our first meeting.

"You really didn't notice? She realized that our stay with Athena Familia would have turned out very unpleasant if the negativity of your actions were the whole focus of Mora, which in turn would have made others either resentful or distrustful of you. By making herself a target for Mora's ire and in turn whatever Mora will end up spouting about the meeting later, she lessened the hostility you will face. It's a pretty nice thing she did for you, so be sure to thank her later."

When Nike explained Leticia's behavior for her, I wasn't sure whether to smack myself for not figuring it out on my own, or to not believe her. I mean, the whole being an asshole to not make others the focus of bad rumors wasn't what I thought it would look like. I really didn't realize that's what Leticia did till I thought about it hard later on. So while she acts detached from everyone, in her own way, she's a pretty kind person.

"Do me a favor, when you are dying against the Wyvern be sure to do it quietly, because I'll be busy with reading." She held some kind of action novel, judging by the cover, in her hand. "I would like the excuse for when I bring back a piece of you as evidence of your pathetic demise."

Well, maybe she's a kind person. Probably.

One thing I couldn't help but be confused by, is why use the normal monsters to Level Up, when there are things called Floor Bosses. Like the one in the 17th Floor. Aren't these things designed to basically be a Level Up fight? I mentally shrugged and tallied it as just something of Orario in being inconsistent on whether it follows the formula of RPG game or shounen manga.

As we continued, now in the 11th Floor with chatting going back to a minimum, I rolled my left shoulder once more feeling the strap holding my sheathed new sword.

"New sword, Silver-san?" Came the voice of Arachne.

"Hmm?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You've been rubbing her shoulder, rolling it, or trying to reach for the handle every once in a while as we were on the way so far. So, new sword?" He elaborated.

"Yeah," I couldn't contain my grin. "My first custom sword, it even has a name. Lunatic. I'm a bit twitch because I want us to finish up so I can try it out." I said, my voice giggy with excitement. I really wonder how it will be like to use it. But sadly I can't do so now as even with the boost I'll just get in everyone's way.

"Well, I'm sure on the way back you'll get a chance to test your new sword. If you want, you can try it out on me." Offered Arachne.

"Thanks," I smiled back. "I've never sparred with you before, so—"

"L-l-lewd!"

Fiona's cry brought my and Arachne's attention to her. We both looked at her in confusion on her sudden shout.

"T-to think you would try and corrupt Arachne-sama. You, you evil, filthy Supporter." She was whispering while blushing and look away from me and Arachne.

"...What is she talking about, Silver-san?" Lili asked in a hush voice next to me.

"I have no—" Then I got it. "GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER, YOU HORNY RABBIT!" I shouted. If Arachne's blush is any indication, he figured out what she was implying too.

"That is not what I meant at all!" Cried out Arachne.

"How dare you—" The Hume Bunny began shouting at me, before Leticia's shout put a stop to it all.

"WHAT HAVE I SAID ABOUT STOPPING YOUR COMEDY ROUTINE! I AM NOT DEALING WITH THIS SHIT, TILL WE KILL THE DAMN LIZARD. I WILL TURN THIS PARTY AROUND, YOU HEAR ME!?"

There wasn't much talking afterwards.

When we reached a certain area in the 12th Floor we could hear the distinct roar of a wailing beast. The next step from an Infant Dragon. Yet rather than focus on the silhouette in the distance, my thoughts turned back to Johnny. There was the chance that he could have came with us on this expedition, but Leticia left without waiting for him at all.

"Claire," came the Athena Teamleader's command.

"Yes, Leticia-sama." Claire began chanting a Spell, a medium chant from how long it took her. "Wailing Gale!"

Claire swung her sword, and the dense fog covering the area we were in, was slammed back by the sudden heavy wind. A circle of fog free view spread around us till it reached the silhouette and we could see the Wyvern clearly. It seemed to be busy flailing about, not noticing us even with the fog dispersing around it.

"That is one ugly dragon." I commented.

The monster's head snapped up, looking straight at us.

"I guess it has good hearing." I looked around to see the other giving me flat looks. "...Oops?"

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  14. Threadmarks: Interludes 3
    Silver W. King

Interludes 3:

Denatus

The time has come. That time once every three months. The time for the Gods to gather once more. Forces beyond mortal comprehension were congregating to discuss what would shape life in all of Orario as we know it.

It was Denatus. The Meeting of the Gods.

"And then he took the bull by the horns. Get it? Get it?"

"It's a Needle Rabbit though."

"And she said 'tawke mwe seuerioushly!', my Reina-chan biting her tongue is so adorable."

"True, I would hit that."

"I'm sitting right here!"

"Wanna know who's a real lolicon though, eh, eh?"

"CUTE IS JUSTICE!"

Basically they were nerds and otakus discussing the latest gossip.

Loki kept a calm smile hiding her irritation as she sat in the meeting. Usually she would join in on the gossip, but today she was more alert than usual, as today was the day that headache would join the meeting for the first time, at least for introductions. She probably won't see her in the Denatus again till her child Levels Up but that doesn't mean she won't cause a fuss in this one time.

"Alright, alright, stop your yammering." Loki spoke over everyone, causing most present deities to sit and listen or just start talking in a lower voice. "We got a lot of stuff to go to through. The business Familias' production rates, new Familia rankings, some stuff about Rakia." Loki tried to sound as bored as possible as swept through the last bit. "Also, I guess we should say 'hi' to Nike for her first Denatus. So anyways—"

Of course, no matter how nonchalant Loki tried to sound, a statement like that will not be ignored.

"Nike is here! Why didn't anyone tell me?"

"And the hot babes increased by one."

"Urrrgh."

"SEXY LEGS IS HERE!"

"Shut up, Pan!"

"I knew should have stayed in bed today."

"...Nike."

Footsteps clanked loudly in the hall leading to the meeting's room. Everyone looked at the doorway with anticipation, annoyance, dread or some mix of the three.

"Freakin' showoff." Said Loki.

Freya on the other hand smiled and flared her aura, letting her Charm show its potency rather than hold it back as she usually would. It diverted attention from Nike's entrance, making the Victory Goddess's presence small in minds of the present deities.

Right as she entered the room, Nike flared her own version of Charm. While not a Goddess of Beauty herself, she was comparable to one. Her aura did not cause feelings of lust and infatuation in others, as Beauty Goddesses did, but inspired a deep feeling of awe in those who experiences it. Thus even with Freya trying to steal attention away from Nike, and undermine her, the Gods around still paid attention to Nike as she strutted into the room and took her seat. With a sense of acknowledgement in not wanting to prolong the Charm match off, both Goddesses let their aura fade to normal levels, and Freya gave the floor for Nike to give her greeting, conceding to this match being a draw.

Nike didn't see it that way, things were far from over. With a grin, and crossing one leg smoothly over the other, Nike straightened her back, and crossed her arms under her breasts. Her grin wide and challenging all the while.

"Good evening all you losers, scrubs and background characters," nearly all the Gods were struck shocked at Nike's words. "Sorry but Easy Mode in this game is over. Time for a real player to show you how it's done. Hue, hue, hue, hue!" Nike lifted her hand. palm forward, as she indulged in a twisted version of an ojou-sama's laugh.

"OH, SCREW YOU!"

"Dammit it and I actually hoped you changed since last time."

"Don't care, still hot."

"Background character, whose she talking about? It's not me, is it?"

"So, you have returned, Nike. I've waited. I've waited for long time."

"Did she just seriously go 'Come at me, bro!' to literally everyone here?"

"What about Athena?"

"Athena didn't come this time."

"Yes, yes! Give in to your anger! More! Feed me your hatred! Hue, hue, hue, hue!" Niked cackled.

"Freakin' Hel, this is gonna be a long meeting." Loki facepalmed.

And as Trickster Goddess expected, the usual Denatus when on for longer than usual, what's with shouts and protests between varies Gods and Goddess and Nike, as well as Victory Goddess causing each discussion to extend more and more from her, at times, intentionally opposing opinion on the conclusion of the discussed topic.

"Don't ignore me, Nike..." All throughout this meeting, a quiet raspy voice was lost in chaos the meeting had fallen into, rather it wouldn't have been heard even in normal circumstances due to the owners withdrawn nature.

Lucy Nox

Life in the Amechania Familia was not easy.

"Where is my damn food?" Shouted "Talon Axes".

Well, not easy for others. Ever since Lucy Nox had gained the Spell Illusion Delusion, her life completely turned for the better. It was a spell that allowed the user to cast illusions of other people down to the smallest detail. It could be cast in the surroundings or on oneself as Lucy was currently doing. She could also use it to turn invisible.

"R-R-Right here, Talon-sama!" Stuttered out some boy whose name she didn't even bother thinking about. He was one of the numerous Level 1s in the Amechania Familia. Yes, she was a Level 1 herself, but she was better, thus can get away with whatever she wanted.

Lucy took a bite before she spit it out. "You call this cold crap food? Go get some real food, trash. Or I'll feed you to my sword." She growled out, and was amused to see the boy scatter away, nearly falling on himself in fright. Talon sitting next to her as "Lucy" seemed amused than anything else, and returned to "her" drink.

Lucy smiled back. Honestly, the first time she used Talon's image to get some revenge on some other member of Evilus, she was caught by Talon himself and thought he would kill her right away, what's with being a fallen noble and all, and her using her image. Except, Talon-sama recognized her talent. He opted to keep her in his wing, and a lot of times would let her replace him in day to day activities, letting her be him, and he taking on her looks and role. Of course, because Talon was the one acting like her, her achievement rose, and in turn her own life as "Lucy" improved.

In a world where dog eats dog, Talon-sama's generosity was one she could never repay enough. She wasn't so dumb as to not see how allowing her to stay close to him, or look after her if it wasn't for her usefulness, but she didn't expect a fairy tale prince. He cared about her because she was useful and that was enough, that's what she'll continue to be for Talon Axes, and stay by his side forever.

"Welcome back, Lady Amechania."

Lucy looked up to see the Familia Captain, Salestina Ignis, greet their Goddess returning from the Denatus.

[​IMG]

"...I'm back."

Lucy found herself inadvertently shuddering once more. She was never gonna get used to her Goddess. The pink haired Goddess in the black grab, and black gloves holding a large white book, spoke with a quiet raspy voice, that sounded like she was constantly sick, or something was wrong with her throat. Her eyes were sunken and gloomy, like she never sleeps. There were black markings around her eyes, with a small arrow tipped down. A constant aura of dejection surrounding the Goddess. She seemed to suck the life out of the room when she was noticed.

Lucy tried to keep her dealing with the Goddess as little as possible. The book Amechania carried around was one she always wrote in when she was alone. Lucy used her invisibility to look inside it once, she instantly ran out of the room afterwards. The book was written in Scared Text, so Lucy didn't know what she was reading, once noticing one word constantly repeating in it. However, the feel of sheer revulsion and hatred shone through the book on such a level that made Lucy want to stay away from it and her Goddess even more, ever since. Thankfully, she wasn't that important as to have to interact with her that much. Talon Axes on the other hand was a Level 2, there was only one other in the Familia, and as such he was one of the Goddess confidants. Thus while everyone was distracted, and with practiced ease, she gave Talon a signal, they switched seats, and she turned her illusion off, thus she was back again to being Lucy Nox.

"I came back from the meeting." Amechania seemed lost in thought. "The meeting..." or rather, it was like her mind was absent even more than usual.

"Lady Amechania?" Asked the Familia Captain.

"...I saw her there." A smile slowly creeped up the corners of the Goddess's lips. Lucy looked away, gods she was freaky.

"'Her', my lady?"

"Nike." Amechania focused on Salestina, her smile vanishing, as though she remembered something ugly. "I saw Nike."

Nike? Was that the bad luck thing Amechania was always going on about? Whenever something bad happened, or something good she always heard her Goddess mention that word.

"It's going to rain today. This is Nike's fault."

"We got a lot of money today. It's going to be lost and it will be Nike's fault."

Lucy could remember her Goddess going on about "Nike this", "Nike that" like it's a Goblin that is responsible for any and all misfortune for as long as she's been part of the Familia.

"She came down from Tenkai and is now in Orario." Those twisted eyes turned to everyone else in the room. "Why didn't anyone tell me?"

There were a lot of shuffling and looking around. Nobody knew what to say, they didn't know this Nike was a Goddess.

"It must be the cunning of that sneaky deviant, my Goddess. That's why no one found out til now." The Familia Captain said smoothly, easing the worry of the Familia members by taking away the Goddesses attention for now. No one wanted to suffer Amechania sudden violent fits. Her shouts and screams would drill into their ears like banshees that would follow them into their nightmares.

"Ah..." Amechania spoke, seeming to accept that explanation. "Yes. That makes sense." Lucy and others let out a sigh of relief. Amechania took out a poster with the drawing of a familiar face on it. "Nike has a child." Amechania held up the poster. "Find him and kill him." The Goddess spoke with such an intensity never seen before, that it made the hair at the back of every Familia member's neck stand on end.

The Familia Captain seemed to blink at the statement, taken aback. "My Goddess," Salestina spoke slowly and placatingly. "It will done, but at the moment we need to focus on—"

"I know that face." Talon's voice cut through the scene from next to her. "I think I met him once. Didn't we, Lucy?"

"Y-Yeah," Lucy looked from Talon to her Goddess and Captain talking, before focusing on the Captain. "Don't remember how long, but some Level 1 trash got me and Talon-sama in a Pass Parade a while back."

"HAHA, you let some pipsqueak Pass Parade you. Are you still wet behind the ears, Lucy? Or were you wet in general for Talon's dick?" Laughed out some random Familia member, inciting laughter in others as well.

"Shut the fuck up! I'll kill you, you shitwad." Shouted back, Lucy.

"Quiet." At the order of the Captain's voice, everyone shut up, in fear of the calm rage of the woman who commanded the Amechania Familia. "Talon, explain."

"A few months back, we got Pass Parade on the 3rd or 4th Floor by Goblins and Kobolds. It was easy to take care of, and we were going to teach that brat and his Supporter a lesson, but some noisy Astraea Familia got in the way." Explained Talon in his ever calm manner, that made Lucy blush at how regal he was.

"I see," said Salestina. "Then you and Lucy are to take care of that." The Captain spoke, and there were no arguments after that. It was going to be an easy and enjoyable task after all. "Is that to your satisfaction, Amechania-sama?"

"Cut off his head," said the gloomy Goddess, "I want it as a trophy to taunt Nike with."

"Of course, Lady Amechania." Said Talon.

Lucy grinned. Taking a break to finish off that Level 1 trash should be fun. She wondered if he still had that Pallum around. She really wanted to play with her.

-=X=X=X=-

AN: This was suppose to be an easy chapter to write, but my mind kept blanking out and my motivation was constantly on empty.​

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  15. Index: Character Profiles
    Silver W. King

AN: Someone on SB requested that I make a character profile because there are too many to keep track of, so here we go.

Nike Familia
    Name: Nike
    Species: Goddess
    Position: Familia Head
    Appearance
    Info:

Known as the Goddess of Victory, one can't help but doubt that claim and see her as just a lucky troll. Although she does have her moments of wisdom, they are buried under layers of smug.
    Name: Silver W. King
    Species: Human
    Position: Familia Captain?
    Appearance: (Tentatively. May delete and go with something else, or just leave this blank)
    [​IMG]
    Falna Sheet:
    Coming Soon!
    Info:
    It's a me! Silver! Basically another Self Insert. He found himself in a fictional world and is rolling with the dice. Currently he's objective is to get out of debt and help his friend, Lilirua Arde get out of her debt and leave her abusive Familia.

Soma Familia
    Name: Liliruca Arde
    Species: Pallum
    Position: Supporter
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Falna Sheet:
    Coming Soon!
    Info:
    A young girl born into the Soma Familia, inherited a debt by her lazy good-for-nothing parents. Those assholes addicts are dead, having gotten themselves killed trying to get money for Soma (the drink). She initially hates Adventurers due to how as a Supporter and Pallum she was always treated like shit, thus she became a thief that tricked and robbed Adventurers to gather enough money to leave her Familia. But chance she met the newbie Adventurer Silver, and his treatment and eventual friendship has improved her outlook on life a bit.

Athena Familia
    Name: Athena
    Species: Goddess
    Position: Familia Head
    Appearance
    Info:
    Head of the renounced Fashionista Familia, and the only person Nike calls a friend. She seem cold and aloof but deeply cares for the children in her Familia, and will use all her strategies and tactics to aid them. To the surprise of her Familia members, she seems more energetic with Nike around.
    Name: Allegra Talmai
    Species: Amazoness
    Position: Familia Captain
    Appearance
    Falna Sheet:
    Coming Soon!
    Info:
    Gruff, always looking angry, but seem perceptive.
    Name: Luca Schreien
    Position: Familia Vice Captain
    Appearance
    Falna Sheet:
    Coming Soon!
    Info:
    The helpful, insightful Adventurer who ever appears as the only sane man in the Athena Familia.
    Name: Mora Pendragon
    Position: Familia Executive
    Appearance
    Falna Sheet:
    Coming Soon!
    Info:
    A brash and headstrong tomboy who tends to get angry easily for the sake of defending her loved ones.
    Name: Leticia Arc
    Position: Familia Executive
    Appearance
    Falna Sheet:
    Coming Soon!
    Info:
    A calm girl who thinks those who are weak should stay away from danger and not pointlessly throw away their lives. Doesn't like noise and annoying drama, but does like to read romantic dramas.
    Name: Arachne Idmon
    Position: Adventurer/Seamstress
    Appearance
    Falna Sheet:
    Coming Soon!
    Info:
    A kind and beautiful young man easily mistaken for a woman, which severely annoys him. He is skilled at making magical clothes and his favorite food is sushi.
    Name: Trisha Buenaventura
    Species: Human?
    Position: Adventurer/Organization Manager
    Appearance
    Falna Sheet:
    Coming Soon!
    Info:
    A stoic woman with a monotone voice whose actions, innuendos and crass words show her to be the deviant that she truly is.
    Name: Claire Elpidius
    Position: Adventurer
    Appearance
    Falna Sheet:
    Coming Soon!
    Info:
    A young woman from fallen nobility. She cares about manners and appearances a great deal, and respects good behavior and hard work. Has a crush on Arachne. (Her and the entire Arachne Fanclub).
    Name: JOHNNY SENBONZAKURA!!!
    Species: Human (I'm thinking of changing this to Werewolf)
    Position: ADVENTURER!
    Appearance
    Falna Sheet:
    Coming Soon!
    Info:
    Known as the Rose Knight, he is an Adventurer with great bravery ready to take on the burden of defending all his comrades single-handedly. No one knows if he was taught the language wrong or if he's a failed poet, but his way of speaking is odd, sometimes broken and always dramatic. He had a pet turtle named Tarasque.
    Name: Fiona Frona
    Species: Hume Bunny
    Position: Adventurer
    Appearance
    Falna Sheet:
    Coming Soon!
    Info:
    A swift Adventurer with a sharp thrust arm. She has a crush on Arachne and doesn't like anyone to even imply something bad about him. Hates carrots, but likes orange-carrot juice.

Cian Familia
    Name: Brian Kord
    Position: Adventurer/Blacksmith
    Appearance
    Falna Sheet:
    Coming Soon!
    Info:
    A diligent young man who is always doing his best to protect his little sister, however he always worries because of her boisterous nature.
    Name: Lecia Kord
    Position: Adventurer/Assistant
    Appearance
    Falna Sheet:

Coming Soon!
    Info:
    She is totally not a genius inventor with a rare skill. Totally.

Amechania Familia
    Coming Soon!

Astraea Familia
    Coming Soon!

The Guild
    Coming Soon!

AN: I'll tweak and add to this ever once in a while

16. Threadmarks: Interludes 3 (Addendum)
    Silver W. King

Goddess Loki

Loki was sitting crossed legged, with her feet wavering up and down, from her anxiety and irritation of her current meeting.

"And this is caramel. This one is lemon, and this is vanilla? Woah!"

Loki gritted her teeth and tried not to blow up at her guests. Of course, if it was only Athena then she wouldn't mind, but bringing the annoyance that was Nike with her, made the Trickster Goddess want to throw them both out, Athena's enchanted clothes be damned.

"Would you stop already!? Who the hell goes to someone's house and eats all the guests sweets!" Loki exploded, not able to contain herself anymore.

"What? They are for the guests, I'm a guest!" Retorted Nike, very much offended.

Throughout all this, Athena was calmly sipping the tea provided for her.

"That doesn't mean you take the whole damn thing, you hamster brain!"

"I'll show you hamster brain!"

"Wha! You bitch, don't put them in your mouth! Gross."

Currently Nike with her cheeks stuffed with chocolates and sweets, did look like a hamster. Loki reached out and tried to make Nike spit them out. Not to take the sweets back, but to deny Nike the pleasure of actually eating them. For sheer spite.

In the background the captains of Athena and Loki Familia, Allegra Talmai and Finn Deimne respectively, sighed at the antics of the Gods in front of them. Finn was apologetic at Loki's childishness, and Allegra was just annoyed at Nike making this meeting be longer than it should be.

After a bit of roughhousing, Nike started to actually choke on the massive amount of candy, and started to cough it out in a trash bin nearby. Loki sat back in on her couch in satisfaction.

"HA! Serves you right, you arrogant bitch!" Loki laugh to herself while Athena sighed.

The Goddess of the Fashionista Familia raised her hand and slammed it on a point on Nike's back, causing spit out most of the sweets in her mouth. Nike took giant gasps of air as she turned to Loki with a glare.

"I swallowed half of them, and they were delicious, so suck it you bean pole." Cried out Nike.

"Arrrgh!" Loki looked like she was physically struck in her chest. "Well, why don't I visit your house and empty your refrigerator! How'd you like that!?"

"HA! Jokes on you, I don't have a house. I have a crappy apartment and I don't live there anymore."

"...That is seriously not something to brag about."

"Loki, Nike," Athena's soothing drowsing voice spanned both Goddesses out of their spat. "Could we all try to be adults here, just a little?"

"I'm not the one going to people's homes and being a headache."

"I'm not the one who likes to tease her guests with food and drinks, and throws social bullshit around so they can't actually have any of it."

Athena leaned her head back and closed her eyes. She took a deep breath as a way to focus herself before continuing. "Loki while I can't tell you what to do, I would like to ask you to be the bigger woman here and not let Nike bait you." Loki rolled her eyes and grunted. "And Nike," Athena turned to face the mischievous Goddess who was paying attention to her. "You live in my house and you eat my food." Athena softly smiled to Nike's paling face. "If you can't control yourself I might start to ask you for a housing payment, and since you wouldn't be able to afford it, I can always extract it through other means."

"...You don't mean that, Thena-chan~." Nike nervously laughed off what her friend said.

"I still have the whips and chains."

"I'LL BE GOOD!" Nike shouted, before drawing up her legs and hugging them, while rocking back and forth with a thousand yard stare.

Everyone looked astonished, while Loki quickly shook her surprise and grinned widely.

"You know, I heard rumors but I didn't think you two really were into that stuff." Loki leered.

"I don't threaten people with bondage sex, Loki." Athena sipped and finished her tea. "And besides, you really think that would scare Nike."

No.
    Thought Loki, odds are she's be into it.

"Papers, papers, so many papers. So many requests, why are people so noisy? Shut up, I don't care your admin permission to get an admin permission. Ink, so much ink. My hand drenched in ink. The papers never stop coming." Nike kept muttering as the memories of her trauma kept playing in her mind.

"...Point." Said Loki. "So what are you here for, Athena? And why bring Cloudcuckoolander over there with you?" Loki pointed a thumb at the still rocking blonde Goddess.

"I wanted to negotiate a contract with your Familia. In return for you bringing some difficult to obtain materials and supplies to me, I will make your orders my Familia's top priority, halting everything till your commissions are finished."

"Uh-huh, and since that sounds too cheap and easy, what's the catch?" Asked Loki.

"I want your help a little bit." Nike seemed to change in an instant, sitting back with her arms and legs elegantly crossed, her predatory grin back on her face. "Basically be my meat shield against some of the noisy Familias out there, nothing direct, or fight openly for me. Just enough so no one gets any funny ideas. For that," Nike paused to draw out Loki's curiosity. "I'll make that cute, newly Level 3 mini-blonde firecracker of yours be a Level 4 in a year."

-=X=X=X=-

AN: After looking at my notes and reviewing them along with the order of how events will play out as well as characters mental tactical skills, I decided to add this part now, rather than in a later chapter.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  17. eveakane

eveakane I'm definitely a Hooman

Yus, looks like Aiz is joining the party if I'm reading this correctly.

18. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

Oh full on boiiiiiii!

Does this mean there will be lewdz?

19. Silver W. King

Not in this SFW version. I do have a few ideas for a NSFW version of this story, but it will likely be way later on and if I do write it, it will be an AU so to speak that diverges from the normal story.

20. KinKrow

Oh, sorry, thought this was the NSFW board.

Pardon me while I go commit sudoku.

21. Threadmarks: First Year 23
    Silver W. King

First Year 23:

While Arachne was chanting a mid-long spell, Claire went on to occupy the Wyvern's attention.

"Ephemeral Reach," after finishing the spell, with a shout Arachne extended his hand and a whip made of electricity appeared in it. He gripped the whip in one hand, and his rapier in the other. He looked like a very aristocratic version of a Belmont vampire slayer.

"Whips, huh? So that's what you like? That's what you're into?" I said dryly barely hiding my amusement. Sometimes I just really couldn't help myself. Moments like these just need to be commented on.

"Wha-What!? No, it's just how the spell turned out when I got it!" Cried out Arachne in adorable protest.

"E-Eh!? Th-That's," and of course Fiona blushed and stuttered at the misunderstanding. "If...If that Arachne-sama is into that...I guess it's okay." mumbled the lewd bunny, her voice disappearing toward the end. And of course her brain would go into that direction. Well, it's not like I didn't imply, but still.

"It's not like that at all!" Shouted Arachne.

I found myself smirking. This is so much fun.

"Um, not to interrupt but shouldn't you go help out Claire-san already?" Said Lili, being the voice of reason.

"Right," Arachne shook his head and quickly straightened himself, focusing on the monster. "Let's go, Fiona-san!" He said with a commanding voice I only remember hearing when he was leading the other clothmakers in the Athena workshops.

"Yes, sir!" Replied Fiona as she followed her Adventurer senior, her blush receding.

As the trio composed of Arachne, Claire and Fiona went to fight the Wyvern, I looked back to Leticia who was leaning against a nearby boulder and reading a novel.

"Errr, I know you said you wanted to catch up on your book and all, but should you really be reading when they are fighting," I pointed to the roaring monster, causing heavy winds and intense flames with its every movement. Its fire breath was a whole other beast as it was a ball that covered a wide area before it. The range was weak, but its power was such, that I could feel its intensity from where I was standing. "That!" I pointed.

"They'll be fine." Leticia said with bored disinterested tone.

Admittedly, the Athena Familia team were doing pretty impressive on their own. Fiona was using some sort of spell, or skill, that allowed her to move while thrusting her lance, insanely fast from one area to another, blowing through everything like some sort of juggernaut. Although I noticed that she can't seem to use it except for straight directions, unable to maneuver except for sharp turns at the end of her streak.

Claire, as much as I don't like to admit it, made using a greatsword look easy. She was dashing and jumping with the elegance of a ballerina while swinging her giant blade like it made of paper. Claire seemed to have an odd air about her, as she dodged and moved around attacks be it the monster's claws, tail or flames. In fact, at times it looked like the physical or elemental attacks were moving around and avoiding her.

Arachne was the biggest surprise though. He would use the lightning made whip to hold a limb of the Wyvern, weakening or paralyzing it with the magical spell-weapon's hold, and then slash it with his rapier, causing crippling wounds that would eventually make the limb useless.

If nothing unexpected happens, then they were very likely to win this with a bit of struggle, given that even with all their abilities, the Wyvern wasn't falling, or giving them an inch to take it down for good.

"Also," Leticia's calm voice drew me back to her. "Even if something should happen, with me around I'll take care of it. Heck, it is very likely they will get a lot less excilia with me around, even if I didn't step in at any point."

"Huh," I made a thoughtful noise and nodded. "Cool."

I guess having a Level 3 around would be a pretty big safety net for an expedition like this.

"Besides," I looked back to Leticia, "you should be more focused on your role." She gestured with her head to the fight, and I saw Claire get blasted back from a dragon's breath while holding her greatsword as a shield.

"Shit!" I ran, hearing Leticia's snort behind me.

It was a good time as any to test Lunatic. I didn't draw out the sword, only reaching with behind to grasp the handle.

I instantly felt a difference. Not a gigantic one, but enough to know I was visibly faster than before. Maybe two, to four seconds faster?

"Here!" I reached Claire in practically no time and handed her a small bottle of Mega Potion. God, the heat near the battle was unbearable, and that was with all my current Endurance and the Salamander Wool, meant to greatly resist heat, given to us in for this fight.

"Well?" Said Claire in annoyance and hurry.

"Well, what?" I had no idea what she was on about.

"Pour it for me. I do not have time to take my eyes off the battle." And indeed she wasn't look at me but at the ongoing battle.

"Oh for the love of," I complained while uncorking the bottle and tipping it in her mouth. With how things were I didn't have time or want to argue.

"You dropped some on my shirt," Claire said, twisting her lips as she looked much better and as fresh as she was at the start of the fight.

"I'm surprised they didn't evaporate in this heat, and good luck with the dragon, princess." I shouted while running away, so as not to get caught up in the battle, and not to get in anyone's way.

A few times, I did see a chance were I was sure I could at least give the Wyvern a cut, distracting it and letting others would use that to get an advantage, but I held myself back. We already discussed and planned how to act in this battle, as any emergency would have Leticia stepping in. Best not to do something reckless when there was no need.

After that Lili and I would circle the field, seeing how would need a potion, or a mind potion. Some monsters did come close and try to get a swipe at me or Lili, but we were at least able to run away from them, and Fiona or Claire would quickly take them out, while Arachne held the Wyvern in place.

Nothing else of note happened except after the group managed to killed the Wyvern and we collected its Magic Stone and the Drop Item it left behind.

Its tail.

That reminds me of something, but I'm not sure what. Like a joke at the tip of my tongue.

Anyways, on the way back, we met up with Johnny Senbonzakura who looked in a hurry, till he found us.

"Aaah! With swift and wind, there was no need for my blade to be lend." He said upon reaching us.

"Tsk," Leticia angrily clicked her tongue and briskly walked ahead of us.

"Umm..." That was weird. So Johnny came to help us out, why was Leticia pissed off.

"We are thankful for your generosity, Sir Senbonzakura, but we had triumphed on our own." Said Claire with a polite nod.

"Thanks for coming, Johnny-san. Having you walking us back will be more reassuring." Said Arachne, with smile.

As we walked back I couldn't help but feel there was an...not tense, but odd atmosphere. Mostly when it came to Leticia and Johnny. I wonder why she was bothered by him coming to help us out. I decided to ask him about it after mentioning for him to come to the back of the group next to me.

"It is a duty of an unwanted guardian," said Johnny, "None wish for suffering. More so on those who take the peerless task."

"...Okay."

...Huh.

So wait, Johnny has a crush on Leticia and she doesn't like that he's overprotective of her? That's actually kinda cute. Well, as long as he doesn't overdo it I guess.

The next day, I was giddy as hell.

I woke up and did my meditation as usual, having gotten pretty adept at it, to not let my thoughts drift off, or falling asleep, just going into a concentration zone in a sense.

And finally! Finally, it appeared on my stat sheet.

Silver W. King
    Lv. 1
    Strength: F 368 —> F 370
    Endurance: F 357 —> F 358
    Dexterity: F 344 —> F 345
    Agility: F 381 —> F 386
    Magic: I 0

"I have magic," my voice trembling with barely contained excitement. "I have magic!" I nearly shouted, before remembering that not everyone in the Pallas Building, or at least the floor my room was in, woke up as early as I did.

"Yep, congratulations," Nike grinned with me. "From what I can 'see' you have two whole Spell Slots. Cherish them, care for them, and be sure to fill them with lots of love."

"What, you want me to shoot love beams as a Spell?" I snorted. I didn't care that the attempt at a joke wasn't good, I was in too good of a mood to care.

"Sure, I'll get you a dress and a heart shaped wand, and you can start practicing shouts and poses," said Nike, her grin widening.

"Hell no!"

"Hue, hue, hue."

After a moment, I found myself laughing with her. Today, seemed like it was gonna be a good day.

"Hey," the blonde Goddess spoke, getting my attention. "I'm not going to be doing any morning training with you from now on. Also, you don't have to do any deliveries, so you're gonna have to fill up that part of your morning training on your own."

"How come? Something happen?" I raised an eyebrow, finding myself intrigued.

"It's a long story, but part of a deal me and Thena have with Loki, for stuff." She said before I could ask what the deal is about, "Business stuff," she elaborated. "Is that I'll give training instructions for a few of her Familia members for the next three years. So I won't be with you as I'll be busy during the mornings."

"Huh..." I said, letting out an intrigued breath. That's interesting, I wonder what sort of maniac would let Nike train her children, or does she not know what her trainings tend to entail.

"Can I come watch?" I kinda wanted to see who these Adventurers were, and what they will be doing. I know comparisons were not a good thing to do or mentality to have, but I at least wanted to see if these Adventurers were strong or not. If not, maybe I can use them as a training aid, as I could finally see how well I improved compared to other Level 1s, rather than always feeling behind while training with Luca or the others. If they are stronger, I want to see how high above me they were. It was just curiosity really.

"Hmm," Nike made a show of thinking before shrugging. "Meh, sure. Just don't spend too much time there, and finish your own training afterwards."

And so, today I would meet the Loki Familia Adventurers.

22. KinKrow

ayyy lmao

Now use that dragon tail to beat bigger dragons to death and steal their tails in a vicious, evergrowing cycle.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Idiot444, Relyt33, ArKFallen and 4 others like this.
  23. Threadmarks: First Year 24
    Silver W. King

First Year 24:

The Loki Familia are famous, so much that even someone like me who doesn't tend to bother with rumors, things outside his social group, or general news (oh judge me!? Like you know all the local news where you live all the time!) has heard about them.

I thought that Nike would be training a bunch of Level 1s or Level 2s, as Goddess Loki would want to increase the quality of a large group of her Familia members.

"Riveria Ljos Alf, nice to meet you." Said the emerald haired Elf with a nod. She gave a hell of a regal feel, almost like royalty.

"Ah, likewise. I'm Silver W. King." I found myself acting more humble with her, giving a light bow back to her, rather than a casual hand wave.

"WOOOAH! Your Alias is 'Silver King'? That's awesome! Wait, does that mean your name is just 'W' the letter?" Cried out the hyperactive short haired chibi Amazoness. "Or is it the opposite with 'W' being your Alias? ...I don't get it, what does it mean?" The mini-Amazoness took on a contemplative look, that was absolutely adorable.

"No, no," I chuckled. "That is my name as it is. I don't have an Alias, I'm just a Level 1."

"So what? That's a nickname you gave yourself." Asked the less enthusiastic looking, other mini-Amazoness.

"No, that's my name, in the same way parent name their children. 'Silver W. King' literally is my actual name." I interally sighed as I explained this. It was fun the first few times, people asked on how odd my name seems, but after the fifty or so time, it was just too repetitive. "And yes, I know the name is both ridiculously pretentious and delusionally ambitious, but well, your name isn't exactly something you have a choice in." I said, cutting off the future remarks on the impression my name gave.

"Heh, at least a weakling realizes when he's one. Unlike some trash that think they are above their station." Said the gruff Werewolf.

It was surprisingly easy to learn how to differentiate between the feline and canine Demi Humans, as their animal parts tend to be distinct enough. Cat ears are more triangle, while dog ears are more floppy, with fox ears being longer and more sharp. There are tanuki people, but their ears are round. Thus people with usual canine ears, along with sharp fangs are most likely Werewolves.

"Bete," came Riveria's chastising voice.

"It's fine," I said, feeling confident, "he was just being a..." damn, I felt heat rising to my cheeks, as I couldn't think of a comeback. "Damn, it's went away from me."

A supportive hand rested on my shoulder. "There, there, Silver. The Art of Comebacks, is a long and torturous road. You'll get there eventually." Said Nike serene empathy.

"It's not that I didn't have a comeback." I grunted. "It's that I couldn't think of one at the appropriate level to the situation. I mean, I could have made a joke about his mom or his masculinity, but that would have been too antagonistic."

"What?" Bete grunted his tone shocked, not for what I said, but likely for the fact that I dared to say it.

"I could have made some comparison to dirty dogs or Cat People, but well, that would be unfair to Chienthropes and I actually like the Cat People I know and met so far."

"Oi," Bete growled, while the two Amazonesses were chuckling or giggling.

"The rest of it were just plain swears, which just didn't have enough class and just tasteless, but then again, this guy looks like a gang member reject."

"Oi!"

"Oh hey, I'm actually doing good." I could see Nike in my periphery vision wipe an imaginary tear from her eye.

"Why you!"

The Werewolf growled, his presence intensifying, I could feel a slight killing intent directed at me. I felt my brow give cold sweat as my heart pounded, but I stood my ground and smirk in defiance back to the overgrown mutt.

"Both of you enough!"

We both turned and shrank back at the scolding face of Riveria.

"Bete, they are out guests here, how you acted was out of line," then she turned to me, and my shame swept down my back, like needling ice cubes. "And Silver-san, you are a guest here and I believe you should be better mannered than to act like a ruffian while under the hospitality of ours."

I swallowed my saliva, mostly because my throat in these types of confrontations tended to close and dry up. "You're right," I said while looking away, not wanting to see those scolding, judging eyes anymore, and turned to Bete. "I apologize." I said plainly, with a single nod. I already knew how to act in these situations. Saying sorry to the Elf wouldn't be the right one, and I would have to show respect and humility if I wanted to fix my first impression with this group. Although the little Amazonesses didn't seem to mind, and the short haired one seemed more amused than anything, giggling at our situation. The other two Loki Adventurers who have been observing us till now, a Pallum and a Dwarf didn't seem offended either. In fact, it was only the Elf who was annoyed.

...I guess I know who the strict matron-like party pooper of the group is. I made sure not to look toward her as I could feel her eyes narrowing at me.

"Bete," she finally said, while turning her scolding look to the disgruntled Werewolf.

"Tsk, fine, fine. Sorry."

As one my eyes and the Werewolf's met each other, then looked away at the same time in annoyance. I don't think I like this guy.

"Now, now, our Familias are going to be working together for hopefully a long while now. Let's try and get along, shall we?" Said the Pallum in a placating manner. "Silver-san, Bete might seem rough, but he is a pretty caring individual in his own way."

I blinked a few times as a realization came from those words. Oh god, please don't tell me that wolf son of a bitch is actually a male Tsundere. "And Bete, Silver-san is a new Adventurer, but he does show a lot of promise, why, he took on and defeated a mutated Kobold in his first week as a Adventurer."

I felt a chill yet I didn't know why. ...How did he know that? I mean, its not like this information is hidden, and can be gotten with some digging, but I didn't expect someone in the Loki Familia to be interested in me enough to find out about my fight with the Lycan.

"...Huh," Bete looked at me with new eyes, before scowling and looking away. "Yeah, yeah, I get it."

The air lost its tension, things becoming a bit more easy-going again as introductions continued.

The blond Pallum and Captain of the Loki Familia, Finn Deimne (Rivera was the Vice Captain). The jolly looking old Dwarf, and one leaders of the Lokie Familia, Gareth Landrock. The Asshole Werewolf, Bete Loga. And finally, the Twin Amazonesses, Tiona and Tione Hiryute.

"Right, so Tiona," I said pointing at the short haired brown-skinned girl, to make sure I got the names to faces right.

"No, she's Tiona." Said the younger twin with a mischief smile.

"Tiona?" I pointed to the other twin, who easily to identify had long hair.

"No, I'm Tione, she's Tiona." She said back trying to sound annoyed, but her mirth was easily slipping through.

"So wait," I tried to focus, but seriously, their names were tongue-twisters. "Tiona," I pointed to the older twin. "Tione," pointing to the younger.

""No!"" The shouted at once. ""Tione, Tiona!"" They said again together, pointing at one then the other. This is so confusing, and I know they are being deliberately obtuse.

"Well," Nike's loud clap stopped the hijinks and got everyone's attention. "Now then, I think the amusing segment had went on for long enough, it's time to begin your training. Well, we'll first spend the first few minutes getting to know what you want to improve, and I'll give you your exercises then. Silver, you may go sit in the timeout corner."

"What?" I said taken aback. "What did I do?" I cried out.

"Well, this is a private lesson that will discuss some hush-hush stuff, so," she pointed at the far end of the garden in the Loki Familia mansion we were in. "Away with you." Some chuckles were heard, the Werewolf's was most obvious.

"Nike, I'm not a child, you can't put me in a timeout corner." I mean, I was going to leave them to their training, after watching for a few minutes, but I didn't want it to be told to sit in a "timeout" corner.

"First one to put Silver in the timeout corner gets a prize." She turned to the three younger members of the Loki Familia.

"Me, me, me!" Before I could comprehend what happened, the pint-sized energetic Amazoness reached and grabbed me.

"HEEEEEEY!" I shouted in lieu of not being able to think of a curse while being thrown in the air.

"Stupid Nike, stupid chibi, stupid timeout corner." I muttered, while sitting on a bench in the "timeout" corner.

"Stupid Loki, stupid Riveria ...stupid Loki." Said the pouting chibi blonde sitting next to me. I honestly have no idea who she is. She just arrived a short while ago, and went to the Elf to talk to her about something, before Nike came to them. They talked for a while, before Nike pointed toward me and after some insistence, the mini-blonde stomped her way to the bench and sat next to me.

She was silent in the beginning, but started to curse like I was doing, copying me after a while. In retrospect I should have calmed myself and not acted like that in front of an impressionable child.

"So, what are you in here for?" I asked the blonde chibi as though we're in a prison.

"...Tiona talked about getting a 'cool new teacher' that would make them 'Level Up in a day', but Loki said I wouldn't train with them. Then I came but Riveria said I can't train with them. Then Goddess Nike said to sit in the timeout corner." Said the near stoic little girl.

...Good god I wanna hug her. She's so adorable! I mean, she's pouting, but its like someone who is so used to be expressionless showing emotion, that it's ten times more effective. It was cute as hell.

I felt a killing intent directed at me, from the mini-blonde and she grabbed her sword.

"Woah, woah, woah, calm down, what is it?" I quickly cried out while holding my hands up in a placating manner.

"...Sorry," she said and instantly the killing intent was gone. The girl bowed her head, look apologetic and more cute. "You felt like Loki-sama for a second there."

"...I don't know why, but I feel like I've just been massively insulted."

The girl looked at me and seemed to tremble. Not in fear but indecision as though, she did a wrong and doesn't know how to correct it. "Sorry."

"There, there," I acted before I thought (as usual) and patted her head. She blushed but didn't seem to mind. My god, she's really adorable.

"I'm Silver, Silver W. King," reluctantly, I let go of patting her and held out my hand for her.

"Aiz Wallenstein," she said shaking my hand before we let go.

"Like the Record Holder?" I asked. Something that was distinctly displayed in the Guild was a large plank that held the name of the fastest Adventurer to Level Up from the moment they became an Adventurer. The fastest Adventurer to get to Level 2 was Aiz Wallenstein managing that feat in a year. It was something of a mental goal that I wanted to beat eventually. But that's a long way off and with my current pace I should manage it.

"That's me." She nodded.

I was shocked by this. "Really?" I asked, to which she nodded again. This is the Record Holder? Holy shit, she was young! Like seriously, how old was she when she managed to Level Up?

On second thought, it is only by sheer luck that she didn't attack me, since she did say I resembled Loki for a bit. And good thing too, I might not have survived. Wait, is the implication here is that—

"KOOORAAAAA!" A battle cry came from the Loki Castle entrance as a thin Goddess, (Loki) I'm guessing, came running down the stairs and toward me and the kid. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY AIZ-TAN!?" She shouted and jumped in the air, making a flying kick toward me. "DON'T-TOUCH-MY-CUTE-AIZ-TAN-KIIIIICK!" She actually attacking me with a flying kick.

My first instincts were to dodge or to counterattack, but this is a Goddess, and she is as weak as a normal human being right now. I would break her in half if I did anything. Should I catch her instead?

The decision was taken from me as the girl came and stood up in front of me. The Goddess seemed to stumble mid-air as she tried to right herself and not hit the girl.

I stood up and moved Aiz away from the flying Kami. I didn't want that cuteness to be hit. Naturally, the Goddess hit the couch and flipped it over, but was relatively fine, as she jumped back up and snatched the chibi blonde from me.

"Hey, what do yo think you are doing to my Aiz-tan? You better not be getting any idea, brat." Shouted the Goddess as she hugged Aiz protectively.

"Loki. You're smothering me." Came Aiz stoic, yet distinctly annoyed tone.

"Okay first, no. Second, nooooo. If anything, you're the one giving some creepy vibes." I said before realizing from Aiz's word, this was Goddess Loki. "With all due respect of course. But really, I was just talking to her, that's all.

"S-Silver..." Came Nike's hesitant voice from behind.

"Oh Nike, you're here. Help me out clear this u—" The moment I looked back, I saw Nike leaning away from me with a look of horror and disgust on her face.

"You god. damn. lolicon!"

Now the look of horror was on my face.

"THAT'S NOT IT AT ALL!" I needed to fix this and not let Nike screw me over before my reputation will never recover if it takes this type of hit.

"Oi Nike, I don't think our deal can work out, if your child is gonna try to snatch my Aiz-tan." Said Loki.

"You literally, physically snatched her just moments before!"

"Yeah, I know what you mean. As unexpected as may be I agree with you on something. Seriously, I am worried about my reputation and integrity here too." Sighed Nike exasperatingly.

"Stop throwing fuel to the fire! And you have no good reputation either!"

"I want to train with Tiona and Tione." Injected Aiz in the middle of the argument.

"Ah, Aiz-tan, I told you, next time you're gonna have all the super special training you want, but this time it's just Tiona, Tione and Bete. Well, you can forget about Bete." A distant shout of a crying wolf echoed and was ignored.

"Yep sorry, you're just not ready for this training, Aiz." Said Nike.

"She so too is ready!" Shouted Loki.

""Whose side are you on!?"" Surprisingly both Nike and I cried out the same thing.

"I'm just saying, Aiz-tan can complete any training, it just that she'll skip over it this time... to give everyone else a chance."

"That so sounds like a flimsy excuse." I muttered.

"Besides," Loki pointed at me like a detective calling out the true criminal of a case. "I can't trust Aiz-tan's safety with this useless beast around."

"I told you, you're misunderstanding!"

"Hey!" Shouted Nike, sounding offended for my sake. For a moment, joy at seeing Nike start to defend me swelled in my chest. "He may be a beast but he's not useless. Silver is slow, stupid, and you need to repeat things a few times for him to get it."

"Oi, oi, oi." I deadpanned. The moment passed.

"But eventually after nearly dying, he shows his dependable size."

"So what, Aiz-tan is much more dependable easily. Heck, even comparing her Level 1 self to your child, she was more dependable." Said Loki

"Oi, why are you insulting me that much?"

"Ha! So not true. Silver not only got me a starting capital on the very first day we met, he only got a Supporter on the very first day of being an Adventurer. How's that for dependable?" Said Nike with her arms crossed, and eyes closed in pride.

"I'm kinda worried on where this is going." I injected.

"Oh please, when Aiz was just starting out, she was a Supporter for a party of ten single-handedly and help them beat a Monster Rex!"

"Oh yeah, well Silver manage to beat an Enhanced Species Version of a Kobold in a week after becoming an Adventurer."

"Um, can you please stop competing? Please! I don't like where this is going!!"

Sadly, pitifully, I was right.

"Why did it come to this?"

"Sorry...Silver-san." Said Aiz.

Across from me stood Aiz. As expected, Nike and Loki's one-ups kept going till they decided to have me and Aiz duel.

With a strong win conditions for my sake given the difference in strength between Aiz and me. Aiz is not to use a weapon, and to win, all she has to do is manage to hit and knock me out. She has only one attack to do so. All I need to do to win is either win is either dodge, or withstand her one and only chance to attack.

I drew out Lunatic right from the get go, feeling its effects right away. I tried to call on any and all memories of anger and hoped they could add to the effect and help me.

"It's okay, our Goddesses are...unreasonable." I said in a way to be polite. "Just, please go easy on me." I asked to which Aiz gave a serious nod. I have a feeling that she might be getting hype up in the wrong area here.

"Begin!" Shouted Nike and Loki together.

"Silver ga shinda!"

"KONO HITO DE NASHI!"

24. Threadmarks: Interludes 4
    Silver W. King

Interludes 4:

Finn Deimne

"So what are we really doing?"

"Hue, hue, hue."

"Look blondie, you can't expect me to believe that we're really going to fight a Floor Boss as a spar."

"Hue, hue, hue."

"Come on, isn't this exciting, Bete~?" Cried out the excitable chibi Amazoness, Tiona.

"Huuuh, what's so special about this 'Floor Boss' thing anyway?" Asked the trying to look bored Amazoness, Tione.

Finn watched the trio of Adventurers, his juniors of the Familia, animatedly chat with the one known as the Victory Goddess, Nike. After using the only Elixir they had on hand to heal Nike's child and let him stay at the Loki Familia home, Twilight Manor, Nike abruptly seemed to decide that they will do their training regime in the Dungeon fighting the 17th Floor's Monster Rex, the Goliath. Nike said that this would be training for the junior Loki Adventurers, while the seniors would follow as back up.

There was worry about a goddess entering the Dungeon but Nike reassured them that such a worry exists only if the divinity in question where to release their power in any measure. As long as they protect her then everything should be fine.

"As long as the Dungeon doesn't notice my presence then it's fine." Nike said.

Thus with a group full of excitement and anxiety, they headed into the Dungeon.

Finn was told to follow the eccentric goddess's instruction by Loki, but to be mindful that nothing goes too far, and to take everyone back should it does.

"What do you think, Finn?" The High Elf asked from beside him.

"About Nike or her claim that she's have us reach Level 7 within a year?" Finn answered back.

"Both." She answered back.

Finn made a thoughtful noise.

"Isn't it just Loki giving Kami Nike an impossible task, out of sheer spite?" Offered Gareth who was next to them, keeping his eyes on the younger group and the blonde goddess.

"I would say yes," Finn finally spoke, "but I can tell you that while at the meeting for this deal, Kami Nike didn't seem that bothered by Loki's challenge for her to train us rather than any lower Leveled Adventurer... I think." Finn said after a moment. "I would almost say she expected it, if she wasn't so difficult to read."

"Hmm," Riveria hummed. "So she can mask her emotions that well." She commented more to herself than the others, while looking intently at Nike.

"No," Finn chuckled, getting his friends' attentions. "Rather, she's so animated, giving off so many emotions, that I wasn't sure what she was really feeling. But she is definitely more cunning than she seems."

Riveria and Gareth's eyes widened momentarily in surprise, before looking forward at the goddess who was clinging to Bete's back, literally biting his head while Tiona and Tione cheered her on.

The Dwarf and High Elf sighed and looked back to their friend with dry eyes.

"Probably." Finn added with a sheepish smile. "But you know," Finn continued regaining his more inquisitive look. "Don't you think it's odd? She gave us some instructions on equipment and tools to bring to this first training session, which included only one Elixir as the healing item. Yet the item is used before the training session began, and immediately without giving us the chance to resupply she had us head into the Dungeon. I mean, there is no way that could have been planned between her and Loki to make the training have harsher conditions could it?"

"...I see," Riveria rested her chin on her fist. "It does like a random series of events, but looking back, maybe that was the objective. Give us a difficult training but with reassurance of having healing items, then take away that reassurance thus give said training a more difficult feel to it."

"It's possible." Agreed Gareth. "Or it could be a coincidence with the events being the result of Kami Nike just being wayward."

"She wouldn't cause her own child to be hurt just to set up things like this, would she?" Asked Riveria, frowning as she looked at the goddess whose hand Tiona held high as the winner of her bout with Bete just looking to the side and grumbling and walking a few steps ahead.

"Objectively, he wasn't in any real danger given that we were at the Twilight Manor, and you were there," said Finn toward Riveria, "who knows though?" He finished with a shrug.

True, they weren't sure on the blonde goddess's thought process, but they supposed they will see soon enough.

After reaching the end of 17th Floor, the figure of the Floor Boss could be seen in the center of the massive room called the Big Wall of Grief. The room had tens of Minotaur laying about and moving around, generally ignored by the Goliath.

"Holy crap!" Shouted Tiona upon witnessing the Floor Boss. "We're fighting that!?"

"Okay, that is big." Commented Tione who was skeptical on how large the Floor Boss was. Now she could see that the description of the 7 meter giant was not an exaggeration.

"Pfft, it's not that tough." Huffed Bete.

"Alright!" Said Nike as she jumped off Bete's back, ignoring his "heavy-ass lug" comment.

Nike had forced the Werewolf to carry her after winning a rock-paper-scissors game upon reaching the 17th Floor with its rocky ground. She had been an annoying passenger all the way.

"Here's how it's gonna go," began Nike. "Tione and Tiona will engage the Goliath, you said you wanted to improve your Fist Strike Development Ability, so focus on trying to divert or parry the Goliath attacks with punches, but do not take them head on. Bete will go help you after cleaning the place from the Minotaurs. Of course, don't get caught by the Goliath's hands is an obvious thing. Finally, you'll have Gareth as back up should something go wrong." Nike finished with a self proud nod and folded her hands. "Any questions?"

"Yes!" Asked Tione, showing a surprisingly energetic side to her like her sister. "What's Finn-sama going to do?" After a moment, she quickly added. "And Lady Riveria as well!"

"I have other tasks for them, so don't expect them to be around. Now quickly go beat up those Minotaurs and have fun with the Goliath. Shoo, shoo." Nike gestured for them to go, like they were kids off to the playground. "Also, don't actually kill the Goliath. It's going to be your sparring aid for a while. I don't want to wait for it to respawn while you're sitting on your asses twirling your thumbs for the next two weeks." Nike called out after them, to which she received some cheerful "Yeses" from the Amazonesses Twins, a laugh from Gareth and an eye-roll followed by a grumble from Bete. "Now for you two," Nike turned to remaining Loki members. "Riveria I want you to take this and go to the Floor above and wait for us." Nike took a notebook out of her satchel and handed it to the High Elf.

Riveria took the notebook and opened to a random page to give it a look. "'I saw Susie sitting in a shoe shine shop. Where she sits she signs...'" Riveria stopped upon seeing the word was actually "shines" and coughed to hide her stumble. "What are these, Kami Nike?"

"Tongue twisters. Phrase games for children. I want you to be able to say it as fast as your chanting speed." Said Nike.

"I see, and is there a particular reason for me to go to the 16th Floor." Asked Riveria.

"Yes," Nike smile seemed ominous. "I want your comforting presence gone while the kids are dealing with this challenge."

"What?" The royal Elf was taken aback.

"Honestly," Nike continued with a dramatic sigh. "I would rather the three of you wouldn't be here, but I expect pushing things that far wouldn't work. Loki probably told you not to let me have too much fun, right?"

The question was directed at Finn who laughed in good-nature. "Yeah, pretty much."

"You're honest about that. Nice." The Goddess noted.

"My thumb isn't tingling." Was Finn's simple reply. Because as long as it wasn't then things should turn out okay.

"So, you wish to mentally pressure them," asked Riveria.

The sound of battle began in earnest in the background.

"Improving stats aren't complicated, but Development Abilities need a bit of roundabout work, however the general idea is still that same." Nike paused. "Improvement only comes through struggle, thus I would kindly ask you to leave for a little while princess, let the kids grow their wings a bit."

Riveria looked at the notebook, the Goddess with the smile that hide everything behind it, and her Pallum friend.

"You have everything in hand?" Riveria asked Finn.

"Don't worry, me and Gareth will be here, and even without us, Bete is Level 4. Tiona and Tione are strong Level 3s. It should be fine." Said Finn.

"Very well," Riveria gave a polite bow before turning to leave. "I will take my leave. See you all on the way up."

The blonde Goddess and blond Pallum watched as the High Elf left through the room's entrance and turned back to the on going battle.

"So," after a moment of silence, Nike moved to lean on the wall next to the entrance, letting her weight stand on one leg, while cross the other over it, and folding her arms over her chest. Finn couldn't help but notice that for as long as he saw her, Goddess Nike's body language seemed to be the closed off type. "And then there was one," said Nike with gravitas as she grinned. "Let's talk, Finn-chan."

Finn chuckled. "Did you really do all this just to talk to me alone? You could have just asked and we could have spoken privately back at the Twilight Manor." Said Finn, who moved to intercept some Minotaurs who noticed the duo and headed toward them.

"I like to multi-task." Said Nike as she kept her eyes on the Amazon Twins battling the Goliath and the Werewolf culling the scattered Minotaurs.

Nike chuckled as she saw Bete loudly curse having noticed that the shoes she gave him for this exercise, are lowering his speed and weighing him down when he tries to kick with them. He will either have to push himself, or use his fists more. She had Loki's agreement that she could use any tools or equipment for the sake of training her children and the Trickster Goddess would cover the expense for it. So, might as well have fun with that.

"So," asked Finn as she easily sliced through the oncoming monsters with his spear. "What did you want to talk to me about, Kami Nike?"

"How long have you been at Level 6, Finn?"

"I believe it's been about 12 years now." Said Finn as he flicked his wrist, lightly punched one Minotaur causing it to fly and slam into another Minotaur, then another and another and another. After that the monsters wizened up and ran away from the terrifying short blond creature and the other blonde he's protecting.

"Hmmm," Nike made a thoughtful noise," I see. I assume its mostly the same for the other two." She asked about Gareth and Riveria.

"More or less." Said Finn as he went and stood next to the Goddess, watching the battle as well, with his spear at ready to kill the Goliath should he need to. He noted that Bete had finally finished off most of the Minotaurs in the room.

"Tell me," Nike licked her lips as she kept her eyes on the fight, while her thoughts ran in many directions. "Have you three decided on whether all of you will train with me once a week, or interchange who will train with me each week?"

Finn lips twitch. He shouldn't be surprised that Nike had thought of the discussion he had with his friends on whether to go with Loki's whim and go through this training session, or focus on their responsibilities to the Familia.

"Because of our duties, we decided to meet with you, all together, once a week. I hope that's fine, Kami Nike."

"It works," Nike waved his concern off. "What do you imagine yourself being stronger would be like?" She continued.

"Hmm, I would say improve my Hunter and Abnormal Resistance. I guess I would also like to improve my Endurance and Strength a bit." While Loki told them that they can give details on her Falna if they want Nike as their contract entailed secrecy to any Loki Familia member's information to it, Finn wasn't willing to be free with this skills and abilities yet. So he only told of Development Abilities that would be obvious for him to have, and vaguely on Basic Abilities he wanted to improve.

Nike sighed loudly. "This is gonna be more annoying than I thought."

Finn chuckled, "you do not need to worry that much, Nike-sama. I think if you succeed with Tione, Tiona and Bete, Loki wouldn't mind if me, Gareth and Riveria didn't Level Up. After all, Level 7 has only been achieve twice in the last millennia. Loki was just being unreasonable in her request due to you bringing Aiz in the meeting." Finn said in reassurance.

"No, no, it's not that." Nike waved him off. "You, Papa Dwarf and Mama Elf aren't that difficult when it comes to Leveling you up. All three of you can just use the tried and true method of fighting the Balor and winning to Level Up. That's not really the problem." Finn smiled at the labels the goddess gave his friend, and continued listening. "The problem is that you three believe you're strong, and have been proven to be so for a pretty long time."

"What?" Finn was slightly puzzled by what she said. "I do know that there are those who are stronger than me. It's not like I do not think there aren't things that can't threaten me. As you said, fighting the Balor would be a challenging task."

"That right there." Nike pointed at him. "You said a 'challenging task'. Not a 'daunting' or 'impossible' one. For you, it is something difficult but still possible to achieve. Your mindset, and probably those of your friends, is that of someone who had reach the epitome of success and excellence. For you, there isn't a task that's terrifying, just another thing to passby and check off the to-do list." Nike looked back to the Goliath fight as Bete has joined it. "You believe your are already 'strong'. Even if you intellectually understand that there are things greater than you, in your heart you don't acknowledge it. You have been strong for a long time, you forgot what it was like to feel helpless yet struggle, persevere and win anyways." She turned to meet the Loki Captain gaze. "That is what's going to be the biggest hurdle for the three of you if you want to Level Up." Nike looked back to the fight. "You need to be an Adventurer again."

Finn took in and thought about Nike's words. The feeling of being an "Adventurer" again.

...Had he really forgotten what that was like?

His motivations hasn't changed, he still wishes to be a Hero to the Pallum Race, he can't afford to die for the sake of selfishly Leveling Up himself when he doesn't need to. Yet, he couldn't help his thoughts go back to his earlier days and his struggles back then. He still held that dream and responsibility for his Race even then, yet he still braved a lot of dangers all the same.

Finn thought on Nike's words and found himself reminiscing while viewing the battle before him. He found himself smiling as he watched Tiona shout and punch the Goliath's own punch from the side causing it's arm to be waved aside and for the Floor Boss to lose it's balance.

To be an "Adventurer" again, huh.

Liliruca Arde

Lili stood shifting from side to side on her feet. Today was once again the day for the monthly quota of the Soma Familia. She stood anxiously waiting to enter Soma's room, give her payment and have her status update and then leave quickly.

While one would expect those addicted to Soma to rush to pay their quota on said day and be given their beloved prize, not all of them have gathered their quota, and obviously it is too early in the morning for the alcoholics to be up. Mostly though, it is because the one who distributed the Soma was the Familia Captain, Zanis Lustra, who the members would make arrangements with for certain favors.

As she discreetly looked to the far end of the hallway, there he sat in the mess hall calmly nursing but not drinking, a glass of wine. Soma obviously. He deliberately held it in view of the Familia members. All to show them their prize should they please him. For a moment, Zanis's gaze turned toward her.

Quickly, right as another person exited from Soma's (the god) room, Lili darted forward, carrying her money and entered the room. She thought she felt the Soma Captain look at her, but that couldn't be it. She wasn't worth noticing, and more importantly his head was turned away.

Soma briefly looked up at her, and as she placed her payment on his desk, he simply gestured for her to come to his side. She did so, unveiling her back and stood in silence as the god updated her Falna.

There were no words exchanged between them. There was nothing to be said. Once upon a time, Soma may have given Lili the warmth of kindness, but such memories where gone from her mind.

Methodically, the Falna updated was finish and Soma handed Lili the sheet of paper with her improved stats. Lili took the paper and hide it on her person to look at later before heading out.

And with a quiet footsteps, she walked out of the room, and moved to leave before anyone (from the little present) took notice of her.

"You've been doing pretty well recently, Arde." Lili froze. She looked to the side to see, Zanis whose back was to her, turn slightly to look at her from the side. "I think this is the, what, fourth time you met the quota?" He said casually.

"Ah, Lili was just lucky, because of the graciousness you great Adventurers, Lustra-sama." Lili quickly said with her head bend down. "Lili is a pitiful Supporter that wouldn't have been able to achieve anything without the help of Adventurers. Lili has been just paying on her overdue quotas, she has yet to catch up."

"Hmmm, so you still haven't updated your Falna till now?"

"Yes, Lili knows she must first meet her quota, Lustra-sama. She wouldn't dare to bother Soma-sama with anything else, as she knows it is only with your mercy that the rules could be argued, but worthless Lili knows she must work harder and not try to mooch of your kindness."

"Huh, I guess that's true." Zanis looked back on his drink. "So, you don't want some help with updating your Falna," he turned till he was sitting sideways from her, holding the glass of Divine Wine in full view. "Or some Soma?"

"No, no, no," Lili laughed while shrinking in on herself more. "Lili wouldn't dare bother or entrench on Lustra-sama's kindness. Please, ignore this lowly Supporter, as she isn't worth your time." Lili kept her face hidden in her hood, hoping the Soma Captain would just drink his damn Soma and be too blessed out to think, so she could leave.

"Well, whatever floats your boat." Zanis looked away from her and into his glass. After a thoughtful moment, he pulled back and drank it, letting out a satisfied sigh as he finished.

Lili took that as her cue to leave. With any luck, he will forget they ever even spoke.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  25. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Nike is evil...

Still, nice to see Loki familia making an appearance.

26. Silver W. King

How come?

Edit: It's the tongue twister, isn't it? :D

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  27. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Training from hell, in general, requires a devil to pull it off.

28. Threadmarks: First Year 25
    Silver W. King

First Year 25:

I was jolted into waking up by water splashing down my face.

"BAAAH! Wha, huh!?"

"Weel keek who's awake. Guid mornin', sleeping beauty." A very gruff jolly voice with a heavy Scottish accent grabbed my attention, like Wonder Woman catches criminals with her lasso.

"Silver-san, are you okay!?" Asked Lili, concerned.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good. Wait, Lili? What are you doing here? Did you have that meeting thing today?" I ask trying to get my bearings.

"That was this morning. It's noon now. I came to hang out, but you weren't in in your usual training area." Lili explained. "I met Hirshman-san at the Glamour Threads. He said he was coming here to pick you up, so I came with him. I heard you...got into a fight?" Asked Lili, sounding a mixed between exasperated and disbelieving.

Right. It became sort of a tradition for me and Lili to take the day she gives her quota to Soma as a day off and just hang out or each do our own thing.

"Yeah, laddie. Bin tellt a bawherr lassie kicked yer bahookie, gahahahaha!"

I instant righted myself up, on the couch I was apparently sleeping on, and looked next to Lili to see the grinning face of Hirshman Gallagher.

"He-Hey, Gallagher-san." I said politely, dipping my head down in a small bow.

"Aaaarh, whit hae ah tellt ye? Hirshman, laddie. Hirshman. Say it wi' me."

"No, no, I can't..." I raised my arms in a placating manner, while smiling nervously.

Hirshman was one of the nicest and kindest people I've met in Orario. He's a guy whose always walking around with a smile, and a belly laugh ready to be shouted.

And as I looked at his mechanical right arm that looked like part of an iron robotic skeleton, the drenching tar of guilt rose up like invisible bile in my chest and throat. Hirshman was one of the three people that got permanently injured by the Lycan almost three months ago.

One of the three whose life was irrevocably changed because of me.

For the most part Hirshman seemed to take things in stride. He had a prosthetic that worked with well with some magic spells he had, and gave him some extra boost in hitting power. The other two, Ellen and Berva, opted to take the potion that, through a week long aggravating period, regrew their arms.

Ellen seemed...I don't know. Those I asked said she didn't seem that different, and I couldn't tell as she tended to be stoic in how she acted seemingly imitating Trisha (thankfully without the innuendos). Although, she now wears bulky gauntlets at all times.

Berva on the other hand, well... The few rare moments when I saw her she looked—

I slammed that thought, and shut it down right there. No. Think about something else.

"Horseshit! Ye bet yer skinny-malinky bahookie, ye kin. Ye'r a pal, a comrade. Dae ah hae tae tak' ye oot fur annur dram fur ye tae git that?" Hirshman pulled me up to my feet, and put his flesh arm around my shoulder as he let me out, of what now I could see was a large lounge area. Wait! Did he just say go for a drink?

"No, no! There is really, really no need for you to do that." My stomach prepared itself for throwing up, just from the memory of the last time, Hirshman tried to "cheer" me up, and "bond" with me. "Besides, I was just in a fight and I'm not feeling well at all..." I trailed off as I tapped my chest and focused on my body.

I...I actually felt good. Surprisingly refreshed even. Actually, I didn't feel sore or tired at all given the duel I was just in.

Wait. The duel!

I remember Aiz appearing in front of me, the sound of something cracking, then blackout.

What happened? And what was that cracking sound—

"Aaaarh, if ye'r nae feeling weel, then dram th' feeling awa'. If ye'r feeling weel, then ye kin dram wi'oot worry." Said Hirshman.

"How the hell does that make any logic at all!?" I cried out.

"Hmm, I guess going to the Hostess of Fertility wouldn't be that bad." Hummed Lili.

"Why are you encouraging him!?" I cried out to the chibi traitor. Et tu, Lili?

"You buy me those really expensive, delicious, desserts when you're drunk." Lili stated as a matter of fact, with a big innocent smile.

"I, just, what!?" I was flabbergasted. "Who the hell did you learn this from?"

"Eeeeeeeh," Lili looked to the side.

"...Oi, Lili, Nike isn't a good example of a responsible adult. Don't learn stuff from her—"

"Aah, you're up." Said a nearby voice.

As one, all three of us turned to see the petite blonde, Aiz Wallenstein catching up to us.

"Yo, Aiz-chan." I said with a casual hand wave. For some reason Lili's right eye began twitching. "Something the matter?" I wonder if this is about the duel. I don't remember how it ended, so I am not sure how well I did. Or...did it really only last that single moment? That would be embarrassing.

"Ah, umm," Aiz looked down, her brows tightening as she seemed to struggle with something, before looking up with a cutely determined expression.

I found myself smiling amused at how she acted. Lili's eye twitched further.

"I'm sorry I broke you in half!" Aiz cried out with a bow.

"...What?" I asked, confused.

"...I'm sorry I broke your spine?" Aiz tilted her head as she tried to clarify.

"What!?"

I have recently learned that I don't like getting drunk.

You know how some people have a romanticized idea on how they act when they're drunk. Like they expect to become this cool, super social, fun version of themselves.

"And like, reeeeally," tears framed my face as I continued my story. Thankfully there were plenty of tissues around so I don't have a runny nose. "I end up in these stupid, stupid crazy situations. MY BACK WAS BROKEN BY A CHIBI TODAY!" I shouted. "I hate that unreasonable Nike. Well, maybe not hate, more like intense dislike. My blood pressure is high when she's around."

I'm not like that.

If left alone, I was the sad version of a drunk. A sad angry version of a drunk.

"Gahahahaha! Thare, thare, let it oot laddie. Juist let a' yer feelin`s oot wi' a dram 'n' ye'll cop better ah aye say." Hirshman laughed next to me, thankfully returning to his drink, rather than slap me on the back or anything stupid in the drunken friend routine like that.

"You know, I always hear you complaining when you're here, but I think you actually enjoy how lively she makes your life." Said the owner of the pub we were in, only known as Mama Mia. Or at least that's what I know her name to be. She seemed to be amused by my complaining than anything else.

"Would you just let me bitch and moan about my constant self-tormenting deprecation, Mama Mia!?" I cried out.

"You're hilariously self-aware." She shook her head and got back to her work.

"There, there, Silver-san." Said Lili encouragingly. "You have us here to help you, whenever you need."

"You know Lili, I would really believe you, if you didn't have that cake in front of you!" I cried out and dramatically at the blackberry ice cream cake in front of her. Lili just looked away while trying to hide a self-content smug smile.

"Sorry, Silver-san." Said Aiz, head lowered toward the glass of milk in front of her.

Currently all four of us, me, Hirshman, Lili and Aiz, were at the Hostess of Fertility, a pub as well as a bar-slash-restaurant-slash-cafe. It was a relatively new place, two to three years old I think, but it's food and drinks were really good.

"Don't worry about it, Aiz-chan." I waved her off, which only seemed to make Lili look at me with her eye twitching.

"...Why do you call her 'chan'? You never call anyone 'chan'." Asked Lili, which only made Aiz focus up on our conversation.

"Because she's a kid." I said easily.

"I'm a kid." Said Lili.

"Lili is an adult." I said shaking my head.

"I'm an adult." Aiz injected into the discussion, with a pout.

"That's adorable." I said before taking another gulp from my rum. The sweet taste followed fire, made me unsure whether to cry or sigh in satisfaction.

"I'm eleven." Said Aiz, her calm voice carrying a defiance in it.

"And I'm ten." Added Lili in protest.

"See," there my point made.

"No, no," Lili injected. "Ten," she pointed at herself. "Eleven." She pointed at Aiz, who gave a firm nod.

"Is this the 'lolicon' thing?" Asked Aiz, and sudden the whole place felt silent.

"Nah," I found myself answering easily. "That's Loki and Nike being stupid. Lolicon is liking kids in a wrong way. Liking kids in general is fine, since they're all cute." I said waving her off. "I call you 'chan' because you seem like a kid, but that's not a bad thing. And Lili," I patted the Pallum's head which seemed to placate her and cause her to blush. "Is an adult because she the one responsible for me and I've known her longer, right Gallagher?"

I looked back to see Hirshman sleeping.

Seriously, dude. I mean he sometimes does this, but really?

I looked back to see Aiz thinking deeply and then looked at me.

"...Call me Aiz." She said.

Lili looked at Aiz frowning then turned to me. "I guess being just called Lili is fine."

"That's adorable, but you need to be this high to be considered an adult." I said holding my hand up to my waist. Or at least tried to, my hand seemed asleep for the moment.

Lili and Aiz looked at my arm expectingly before realizing what happened. Lili turned to Aiz and shrugged. "I guess we win."

I pouted.

The door to the Hostess of Fertility opened. A man that looked like he belonged to an asylum entered, carrying some long staff with it's head covered in bandages. His presence causing silence to fall on the civil customers of the pub.

He came and sat in one seats next to us, and the tension seemed to be held on a string.

"One glass of milk, please." Came the young cheerful voice.

Just like that, one could hear the tension and expectation break upon the man's request. I think someone even fell from their chair.

I however, wasn't impressed.

"Oi, was that suppose to make you look like a badass or something?" I gruffed out.

"What?" The guy looked toward me confused for a second, before narrowing his eyes in challenge.

"Hey, no trouble here." Mama Mia warned calmly, ready to kick ass if anyone did anything stupid.

Everyone was tense again. Except of course, Aiz who was just passively watching all this in curiosity, and Hirshman who was asleep. Lili was massaging her temples.

"If you're a real man," I said focusing on the guy. "You drink coffee milkshake!" I shouted and pointed at him dramatically.

The guy was taken aback, looking at me with wide eyes.

Tension broke again. Lili sighed shaking her head, while Aiz wondered what 'coffee milkshake' was and what it tasted like.

Mama Mia facepalmed. "How does he keep knowing what's on the secret menu?" She muttered frustrated.

"Woah!" The guy looked at me impressed.

Right here, this moment, that's the day everything changed.

That's when I met Bartholomew Ignis, my best friend.

...And most hated enemy.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  29. Yinko

Yinko Versed in the lewd.

Such is the way between peers in greatness.

30. Threadmarks: First Year 26 (Mini-Interlude)
    Silver W. King

First Year 26:

"I'm telling you, the best cake is a moist chocolate cake, or a fudge cake. Those really taste the best."

"Nah, I'm not really a fan of chocolate," I said to Tattoo Guy next to me. I changed seats with Aiz, so I was sitting next to my new acquaintance in appreciation of sweets.

"What? No way! That's like, the only sweet that deserves to be eaten. The rest are just extra side shows." Protested Tattoo Guy.

"I just never really liked it's heavy taste. I mean, I'm okay with it in small dosages, but too much, and it's just blurgh," I let my tongue out in disgust. "Although," I continued. "I don't mind flourless chocolate cake with some vanilla ice cream." I had some fond memories with chocolate soufflé. Like the time in my old world, when I went with some friends to a third restaurant in two hours, already full, someone ordered molten chocolate cake with a scoop of ice cream and then we all got sick. Aaah, good times.

"...You don't like chocolate but you like baked chocolate with an inside of melted chocolate." He said dryly.

"As long as their some vanilla on the side." I added.

"Do you realize how hypocritical you sound? What are you the politician of sweets?"

"You fucking take that back!" I cried out in jest, and Tattoo Guy seemed to take it in good humor given in small suppressed smirk. "If anything I'm a gourmet of desserts." I think I heard Mama Mia snort. "I don't just chocolate, it's like a sweet that's trying too hard to be sugary but distinct. I can't eat it unless it's with something else."

"'Trying too hard'? As if strawberry isn't anything than an over-marketed fruit with many tiny seeds, that could potentially sprout hundreds of snakes when you eat it." He said with a shudder. "Or what about vanilla that you love to mention with everything. It's basically milk."

"Okay first, that's a very disturbing, specific criticism about strawberries, which just isn't true. Second, about vanilla, it is not!" I shouted that his nutjob's blasphemy.

"It really isn't," Mama Mia said while handing a waitress an order for people sitting far away from the counter. Actually, there seems to be a large empty space between us and the other customers. Sure it's still day time, and so almost no Adventurer will be around, but still.

Anyway, not important. Back to what is.

"Vanilla is milk that's been refined and perfected to be glorious. It is not just plain milk!" I explained to this ignorant philistine.

Mama Mia shook her head while giving off an amused scoff for some reason.

"Oh please, chocolate is the epitome of sweets. Heck, that's what all sweets consists of, everything else is variations on chocolate." Argued Tattoo Guy back.

As I gave back my rebuttal to this heretic, Lili and Aiz where getting to know each other next to us.

"So, what do you do outside of going into the Dungeon? Or do you just train all the time?" Asked Lili.

"Jagamarukun." After a moment of deep contemplation, Aiz said with determination. Lili sighed and shook her head.

"Heck no, the real epitome of sweets is..." I actually stopped to think about it for a while. While I do like stuff with vanilla and strawberry, it is not the definitive thing.

"What, lost your marble?" Tattoo Guy said smirking.

"Ah, shut up," I said back lamely. "It's just that I can't actually think of the best type of sweet that I like above all else. There is just a lot of stuff. I know I don't like chocolate except in certain cases, but I can't think of something as the one true sweet—Wait!" I thought came to my head, but then I dismissed it. "Actually, never mind."

"What?" Asked Tattoo Guy intrigued.

"I was gonna say dates, you know the fruit, the black ones." I explained.

"Well, you don't eat them when they are red."

"I know, but some people like them when they're crunch."

"Weird people." Said Tattoo Guy as he shrugged.

"True."

"While good," he had a speculative look. "They can't exactly be used for everything."

"I dunno," I shrugged. "I think you can make a cake with them but don't remember how. Although, they do make a pretty good juice drink." I said pointed with my index finger.

"Huh, that I gotta try. Hey, Mama Mia, do you have any date palm juice?"

"In a minute!" Replied the giant bar owner.

"You do know, this doesn't mean chocolate isn't the best right?" He turned his head to me.

"Meh," I chuckled. "I know what I like, and for me chocolate isn't number one. I don't know what is but—" The image of the most delicious sweet hit me like a lightning bolt, and I snapped my finger. "Cinnabon!"

"What?" Said Tattoo Guy startled.

"Cinnabon, that's the best dessert. Heck, it can even served with chocolate syrup, so it works on all fronts." I said, a grin started to form on my face. Damn, now that I thought about it I couldn't stop. Man, I haven't eaten cinnabons in a long time. It would really be awesome if it exists here. For the most part nearly any type of food or dessert is served around, even with Orario being medieval-ish in technology because any fruit, vegetable, or thing that serves as ingredients can be farmed by Familias that specialize in that, like, I think Demeter was one. "Hey, Mama Mia, you have any cinnabons here?"

And as for the cooking, some people are so good at it, it because one of their Development Abilities. One of the reasons the Hostess of Fertility was such a success was because one of Mama Mia's cooks was someone with Cooking Development Ability.

"Hmm, what's that?" She asked.

Oh right, Cinnabon is the brand name of the store. "I mean, umm, cinnamon rolls. You have those around?"

"Can't say I've heard of those."

"...Sweet rolls?" Come on universe, don't fuck around with me on this. Just let me have this. "It's bread shaped like a snail." I began telling her more of what it's made of from when I remember, when her eyes widen in recognition after a moment. My heart surged with hope.

"Oh! You mean Freya Rolls."

I blinked at the odd name. I mean, having something named after a Goddess is pretty common, but a dish?

"Is that what it's called?" I asked.

"Yeah, it fits what you said. You want one?" She asked.

"Umm," I turned and looked at Tattoo Guy who looked as uncertain as me. While desserts and good ones at that are expensive, on days like today where I am free, I have enough money to splurge without worry, so it isn't a financial issue. But... "Is it okay to eat something with the name of another goddess than the one of your Familia on it?" I asked.

"Well, when you buy a really good weapon from the Hephaestus Familia, they tend to have the Smith Goddess signature on it. So, I think it's okay?" He said.

"Kids," began Mama Mia. Both me and Tattoo's eye twitch at the label. "It's just a dish. Lots of people have eaten it, and didn't get in trouble, nor does it mean anything. The only reason it's called that was because the Cook who invented it made it as a tribute for her, and when she liked it, that became its name. That's all." She explained.

After a moment of silence, Tattoo Guy shrugged. "Alright, I'll have one."

Well, seeing another person order it, I did as well. "I'll have one too, but with extra cream cheese please."

"Alright," Mia gave our orders to the kitchen.

"You know," began the guy, "With all the talks on sweets, I don't think we introduced each other." He said.

"Oh yeah," I chuckled. "I'm Silver. Silver W. King." I extended my hand to him.

The guy was looked at my hand, before quickly blinking, grinning friendly and taking it into his own. "Bartholomew. Or just Bart for short."

As we let go and turned to face the counter, there was this...odd, or rather, awkward tension all of a sudden.

"Something the matter?" I asked.

"Huh?" Bart looked at me, before grinning widely. "I'm fine," it reminded me of Lili, early in our partnership. It was very fake. I raised an eyebrow and waited for his reaction. Bart deflated and gave out a long sigh. "It's just," he looked forward. "The moment, the topic of a goddess came up, it reminded me of my Goddess, and how I'll see her when I go back home after just, going out and relaxing today."

That hit me. That hit me deep because I instantly had a hunch on what he was going through.

"You're goddess is weird and in a way crazy too." I asked, but it was more of a statement.

"Yes," Bart looked at me with wide astonished eyes. "You too!?"

"First month after I joined her Familia, her idea of training me to be physically ready for the Dungeon was dragging a cart around, while motivating me with a whip."

"Mine's idea for self awareness is to stab you in your sleep."

"She willingly took on a 40 million valis debt when she didn't have to, all just to fuck with me."

"She once spend all our money, even from our personal accounts just so she could have a book whose pages never ends, and can not be decrypted. It shouldn't have even cost that much, and I'm not even sure what she spent the rest on."

"Wait, she could do that!?" I cried out, wide-eyed and flabbergasted.

"The Gods of the Familia you join, literally own you. Oh sure, it might be worded differently in a flowery way, but it mostly boils down to that."

"Holy shit!"

"You said it."

We were silent for a moment, then I continued.

"My Goddess conditioned me to wake up an hour before the first sunlight, either cold water, or bodily harm."

"I can't sleep because my Goddess tends to use my room instead of hers to write in her book-slash-journal-slash-diary, and it feels like a creatures that eats thoughts speaking because she mutters to herself, like all the time. I might cover my head with a blanket to appear asleep because I don't want her to ask me about my opinion on her murder fantasies, but I can't actually sleep because I feel she might devour my soul!" She said the last part a lot of spirit. It looked like he was holding onto all of this for a long time.

As one we sighed at the insanity we had to live with. I looked back to Bartholomew and he looked back at me. We smiled, with tears held back, in solidarity. I placed my hand on his shoulder, in gesture of understanding and having his back. He placed his hand on my shoulder in turn.

"Friend." I spoke and no other word was needed.

"Friend." He nodded back, looking relieved to have someone who empathized with what he had. What we had. Crazy bitch ass goddesses whose existence annihiliates any piece of mind we could ever have.

"What the hell? I looked away for one second, and then this? What the heck just happened?" Shouted the astonished Lili next to us, who finally turned away from her conversation with the mini-blonde. I shook my head, she wouldn't understand.

"Ah, I know what this is." Aiz hit her fist on her open palm. "The bonds between men formed from sweat and fists."

"What?" Asked Lili utterly confused.

I chatted with Bart for a while, we ate, we complained about our lives, we joked but eventually we each had to leave. Aiz also had to leave since she had her own stuff to do, like lessons with the emerald haired elf or something. She insisted on paying for our meal at the Hostess of Fertility as an apology for injuring me in our duel, but I told her that she can get the next one if we hang out again, as Lili gestured that I should accept. Something about image and how accepting her apology is the correct path and a way to not appear like I'm okay with people injuring me. Fucking social politics bullshit. At least Lili and Aiz seem okay, although Lili seemed to struggle at times with Aiz's surprisingly introverted demeanor.

Anyways, on the way back to the Pallas Building Hirshman told me something interesting.

"So mind th' Muckle Expedition comin' up?" Said Hirshman. He was referring to the Big Expedition the Athena Familia every two or so month where they go deep into the Dungeon, like the 30th or something Floor, I believe, to massively resupply their items. Usually all the top Adventurers in the Athena Familia would go leaving the one of the stronger Adventurers behind to supervise operations in the Athena Glamour Threads, along with the Level 1s essential for day-to-day stuff.

The important thing about this expedition is that given how deep the group would go, the pay out would be beyond anything I could make in a week or two weeks. It would put hell of a massive dent in my debt and Lili's even after splitting my loot in half with her.

I didn't get to go last time, even if I would have likely been a Supporter, but if Hirshman is bringing it up...

"Yes..." I asked, trying to keep my expectations low.

"Well, Luca tellt me tae tell ye, that ye'r comin' oan th' neist yin. Sae, in a week fae noo, ye'r joining th' Muckle Expedition. Be sure tae be ready." Hirshman said with a grin. "Of coorse, Lili kin come too."

"YES! Thank you, Hirshman-san!" I shouted, to which Hirshman laugh. I didn't realized the real reason why, until it registered that I called him by his first name.

Still, it looked like everything is turning out for the better.

I sighed as I landed on my back, on my bed. It was the end of the day, and I felt exhausted but satisfied. It was a good thing, I remember to do my daily training lest Nike come up with some hellish thing for me to do, to make up for the hypothetical missing training day.

Overall, today turned out pretty well.

"But really, you had to be a pussy about it." Said the blonde Goddess, as she was setting up her bed in our room. While we shared a room, we each had our own bed and closet. It was actually much bigger than our old apartment, and the bathrooms down the hall were large enough, that one never has to worry about going to wash their face or take a shower whenever they needed to.

"What now, Nike?" I sighed.

"I'm talking about your duel," she said as she sat on her bed, rest on her arms, while crossing her legs. "You couldn't at least take a punch, then come here to faint. You had to pass out standing."

"I think the fact that I was standing by the end at all is a testament to my ability. I desire a prized medal for not being blown off my feet or something." I said back.

"Hmm," Nike twisted her lips, while tilting her head to the side. "Well, if you were blown off in half, and your upper part hit the ground, I wouldn't have been able to pull that technical win."

"Oi, oi, oi. Nike I would have died!"

"Meh, details. Besides, there was an Elixir around. As long as your head was intact, and our body was generally in one piece you would have been fine."

"...Nike, that's not reassuring at all. That's fucking terrifying." I turned my head, looking at her in stunned horror.

"Again, details. So anything interesting happened today?" Nike asked.

"Well..." I told her the abridged version of today. Not because I wanted to hide something, but because I know that orally, I was a horrible storyteller, so keeping things concise was my way to fixing that, and getting the important points across clearly.

"Huh, did you know which Familia that 'tattoo' kid is from?" She asked, looking contemplative.

"Not really. It didn't come up."

"Okay," Nike twisted her lips for a moment. "Next time, ask him if they are tattoo or Runes."

"Runes?" I was familiar with term, magic words written down to have a certain effect, but I wasn't sure if it was the same here as back in my old world.

"A certain type of Development Ability that comes from being a Mage and knowing a lot of Magic Theory."

"I thought Magic Spells were instinctive to each person?" I asked.

"Magic Spells are personal, but that doesn't mean Magic as a whole can't be studied with concepts behind it. Mage is a Development Ability that comes from using Magic Spells a lot, and grants you more magical power. Runescribe comes from studying other Magic Spells well enough to write them down and use them for your own." Nike explained.

"Huh," I looked back to the ceiling wonder if that full body tattoo Bart had really was Runes, or just a really bad life choice. "I'll ask next time then."

"Okay," said Nike. It seemed that would be the end of that, but then she turned to me and proceeded to kill some of the joy I found today. "By the way, you're not allowed to eat Freya Rolls ever again."

"What?" No. No, no, no, no, no. After I finally found some bits of my lost comfort heaven, why are you ripping it away from me?

"While Freya and I aren't exactly enemies, we are rivals," Nike drew a breath through her teeth. "It would looked pretty weird if my child is favoring a dish with her name on it that much."

"But, but it's like buying a weapon from the Hephaestus Familia, with that Goddess's signature on it. It just means, its from her Familia, that's all." I sat up and tried to argue.

"Yeah, except you don't eat Hephaestus's weapons, do you Silver?" Nike noticed my distress at the topic. "Why does this matter that much anyway?"

"Because what you call 'Freya Rolls' here, are called Cinnabons, or Cinnamon Rolls back in my old world." I tried to explain slowly, almost pleading with her to understand. "They were my favorite dessert, and it's not like I'll eat them that frequently. They're expensive and have a shitload of sugar in them." I waved my hand. "So I eat them once in a while anyways, and given the prices, that means once a month or so anyways."

"Ah, I see," Nike had a look of understanding, and for a moment I had hope. "Yeah, you're definitely not eating those ever again."

"Why!?" I shouted. "Do you just enjoy my suffering or something?"

"Hue, hue, hue, hue."

Bartholomew Ignis

A tall man with a thin slender built, wearing dirty grey suit, with a Boss of the Plains hat and a scarf-like tie held by gold medallon entered the large mansion in the north-eastern side of Orario. It was the mansion belonging that no one would dare enter without massive amounts of caution, or was already a member of the Familia that it belonged to. The Amechania Familia.

"Ah, Velner-sama! Welcome back, how was your day? Did you come back from meeting the other Evilus heads, or—" One of the men inside greeted the tall man, smiling widely toward him.

"Fuck off," the cold bored voice, cut through whatever the sycophant was going to say. "I'm not in the mood for whatever bullshit anyone wants now. If you or anyone bothers me again, I'll burn you to ashes." Although his words were threatening, they were delivered with the same tone of one speaking about the weather.

Soon enough, with anyone who met him, moving out of his way, the man called Velner reached his room, where he could finally calm down. With a sigh, and a bit of will, his form began to weaver and fall off him like water, revealing Bartholomew. The form he was known by in the Amechania Familia was just a disguise formed by magical layers overlapping onto him, to give him the physique and characteristics of what people know as Velner, the Vice Captain of the Amechania Familia.

However, it was only after relaxing that he noticed two people in his room. The only people who could enter his room, and know his real identity. His older sister, Salestina Ignis and his Familia Goddess, Amechania.

"Ah, Bartholomew," the Goddess with the depressing eyes said upon seeing him. "You're back." She commented, as she went back to her large white book, writing in it once more.

"Bart," his sister greeted him. "It's good that you're back. I was just talking with Amechania-sama about the Rudra and Xipe Totec Familia on an idea they proposed, however in turn—"

"And kill Nike's child." Amechania added from her seat, still writing in her book, while muttering to herself.

"...And kill Nike's child." Salestina said after taking a breath, the whole situation with the Goddess Nike was more like a headache than anything else. "Anyways, I was wondering if you could handle that one quickly on your own, given that Talon is complaining that the kid is nearly guarded twenty-four-seven. Take another form as a disguise obviously." She asked.

"Nope." Said Bartholomew, causing both Familia Captain and Goddess to blink and slowly turn to him in odd synchronicity.

"You won't kill Nike's child for me?" Asked Amechania, her tone was one of a girl denied her pet puppy.

"Bart...what do you mean 'no'?" Said his older sister in a slow near interrogative tone.

"I'm not saying I won't do it, but you know, it's not my job. You already gave it to," he waved his hands, as he moved and plopped down on his bed. "Those two."

"Talon and Lucy." Said Salestina for him.

"Yeah. Sure I can help them later on if you want. But now, I'm just tired and want to rest." He said as sat his back against the bed's head, hand on a book as though about to read it, with the two present being the ones intruding on him.

"...Ah, okay." Said the Goddess with the heavy eyes, easily accepting his answer.

Salestina however wasn't easily accepting. Her eye narrowed, and her mouth twisted down in the merest hint of annoyance and hidden anger.

"Lady Amechania, how about checking on Talon and Lucy and see if they made any progress. Maybe they managed to kill Nike's child already." Said Salestina, and Bartholomew felt his throat constrict at the prospect of having to stay with his sister alone when she's in an annoyed mood.

"...Okay," came the slow lifeless words of Amechania as she stood up and made her way out of the room, holding her book to her chest and muttering all the way.

It seem like forever before the Goddess left and closed the door behind her. Instantly, Salestina turned to her younger brother.

"So, Bart, what happened today?" She began.

"Nothing, I just walked around, went to a few placed to have lunch and that's it." He said, meeting Salestina's gaze and trying to show his earnestness.

"Are you lying to me?" Salestina's voice was calm, but the accusation rang loudly.

"Wha, no." Bartholomew, already knew how this would go. He just wanted her to leave and not berate him already.

"So, you're lying to me now." She continued, her tone holding a touch of disappointment and betrayal.

"No, I am not." He shouted, gritting his teeth. "I walked around and had lunch at the Hostess of Fertility. Then came back here, seriously, that's it."

"Really? Okay, then, please go and do my request please." Salestina continued, going back to the earlier point of him handling the matter of Nike's child as it would be easy and simple for him to do.

"No, I'm tired. I wanna go to sleep." He looked away from her, already expecting what's coming next.

"'You're tired'? From what, walking around, sitting and eating all day? Or from showing your face once or twice to the idiots outside, and not doing any actual leadership."

"I do my part," he gritted his teeth, and he stared back at her. "I just have today off. That's all. As for Nike's child, it's already being dealt with."

"Really? Really, is it?"

"Yes," he started to shout, but held his tone back. "I'll help those two Lucy and something—"

"Lucy and Talon. Seriously, this is what I'm talking about. You don't bother to focus, that you can't even remember the names of our minions." Salestina shook her head in disbelief.

Bart breathed heavily, trying to just wait her out and just leave him alone.

"I remember now."

"Really? Do you?" She said sarcastically.

"I'm going to help them. Later."

"Really, and when is this 'later'?"

"I dunno, okay. Just later." Bartholomew sat with his jaw clenched as he hoped his conversation would end.

"I can't believe this. I mean, I work hard everyday with these crazy psychos, and you don't even try to make my life even the smallest bit easier. It's just unbelievable, Bart. Do you hate me? Do you just like to make things difficult for me? Is that it?" She said looking at him while gesturing with both hands to herself, as though in an earnest plea.

"No," Bartholomew growled out. "That's not it."

"Then what is it? Are you just being stubborn for the hell of it? You're not a kid anymore."

Like always when their was a disagreement between them, his older sister continued to talk at him, till she either grew tired or got her way. Thankfully, it didn't get to the slaps this time. He didn't want to fight back, because if he did, he wasn't sure if he would restrain himself then, so he just kept everything in, and stayed seated, as Salestina kept talking.

It might be pitiful, but he found a friend. As ironic as cruel as fate maybe, the first person, he felt bond to (and over such a childish thing too) in Orario turned out be the person his Goddess wanted dead. Goddess Nike's child, Silver W. King.

Yes, odds are he will kill him later on, but he would like that "later on", to be as far into the future as possible. And so, like with any disagreement with his sister, he withstood her rant till she left. She'll probably take it out on one of the grunts in the Familia. Honestly, right now, fuck'em. Not his problem.

He was emotionally drained. He didn't feel up to reading or doing anything, so Bartholomew Ignis ended his day and went to sleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.