• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Huh, Undine might make this place a bit easier. I also wonder if you can explore the lake for hidden treasures. Hidden rooms might also be a thing.

There is another option to leaving Maya out. She and two others can go through the D rank, while 2 go through the E rank.

Hmm, not a bad suggestion.

Who would you put through D and who through E though?

Ultimately, I guess the question is who tanks best after Anshelm.

Anshelm should probably go to D where the damage and risk will be higher. If something goes awfully they can escape orb out. Maya obviously goes to D.

Now the E party needs some tanky/healy type so it gets Shimah.

The bonus boss in E is a lot safer with the smaller party, so Al goes to E and Sera to D then?

We could also dequip cat's curiosity if we really don't want to risk it. We're going back to town anyway.

Edit: There. Suggested plan for that.

Last edited:
You can make it if you hurry, risk is low. In the case of skills overlapping getting the redundant skill doesn't proc at all. SO if you activate Water Elementalist, the only skill you will get is Water Magic.

Also, yeah Skill loadouts are fully customizable, equip and dequip whatever you want, though obviously most jobs are kinda worthless without their titular skill.

[X] Alice: Lesser Undine Race Mod, Water Elementalist Job Crystal, 1 Ether, 2 Amritas
-[X] Apply the Race Mod immediately
[X] Anshelm: Crocodile Spear, 1 Hi-Potion, 4 Potions
[X] Maya: Displacer Hide, 1 Hi-Potion, 2 Potions, 1 Panacea
-[X] Suggest Maya equips the new one, in case getting it from a D-rank Dungeon offers some difference
[X] Seraphine: 1 Ether, 2 Amritas, 2 Potions
-[X] Offer to buy Sera her pick of Amritas or Ether tomorrow
[X] Shimah: Shimmering Vestment, 2 Amritas, 2 Potions
[X] Party Storage: Cloak of the Bat
- [X] Now that you think of it, who got that Crystal Boots that is Acid Resistant last time? Did they sell it?

[X] Go to town
-[X] Alice to quickly use the Job Mod and equip Water Magic Skill
-[X] Others can shop for consumables while she does this to keep town visit short
[X] Dungeon
-[X] Goblin's Glade D\E-Rank
-[X] Sera to re-equip the White Warg Cloak
-[X] Split the Party
--[X] You, Maya, Anshelm D Rank
--[X] Sera, Shimah E Rank

I think we should take Anshelm with us due to the fact that the bonus boss might spawn and we'd need a tank. He benefits the most from Maya's presence thanks to that level up perk. That also means the other party should take the healer.

Yeah, sounds good
[X] Alice: Lesser Undine Race Mod, Water Elementalist Job Crystal, 1 Ether, 2 Amritas
-[X] Apply the Race Mod immediately
[X] Anshelm: Crocodile Spear, 1 Hi-Potion, 4 Potions
[X] Maya: Displacer Hide, 1 Hi-Potion, 2 Potions, 1 Panacea
-[X] Suggest Maya equips the new one, in case getting it from a D-rank Dungeon offers some difference
[X] Seraphine: 1 Ether, 2 Amritas, 2 Potions
-[X] Offer to buy Sera her pick of Amritas or Ether tomorrow
[X] Shimah: Shimmering Vestment, 2 Amritas, 2 Potions
[X] Party Storage: Cloak of the Bat
- [X] Now that you think of it, who got that Crystal Boots that is Acid Resistant last time? Did they sell it?

[X]Go back to town, equip new crystal to get Water Magic skill, re-equip Ice Elementalist Job

[X]split your group at Goblin Glade
-[X] Al And Shimah at E-rank Goblin Glade
-[X]Anshelm, Maya and Sera at D-rank Goblin Glade.

Last edited:
Why not grind this dungeon some more? I didn't note potion use, but I think we got back what everyone used.

Since this next dungeon will probably see most of us get to level 4 we should go try the Graveyard tomorrow and help Maya face it. We'll have water so the ice resistance won't be as a big of deal.

Also this

Slot1: Magician's Blood: D(1/120)
-Increases potency of spells by a small amount.

Slot2: Cat's Curiosity: D(1/120)
-Provides a small boost to all Loot rolls, increases chance of extra encounters in dungeons.

Our Cat's Curiosity went up. More chances of bonus bosses. Yay! Also loot, but that isn't as important.

Last edited:
A benefit of the large group is that it's true we don't level up too quickly, but we have a better margin of safety. This is particularly important given our skill, which keeps dropping boss monsters on us.

Or did you guys think that two man team (Alex and Kurt?) were just taking a day off? I'm guessing we won't be seeing those guys again.

On the subject of the water mod/class, it makes sense, but it doesn't give us much variety. All our effects will be cold-based, and in some dungeons (Graveyard), that will make us far less viable.

Since this next dungeon will probably see most of us get to level 4 we should go try the Graveyard and help Maya face it. We'll have water so the ice resistance won't be as a big of deal.
Hopefully you mean doing the Lost Graveyard tomorrow (after we are level 4).
A benefit of the large group is that it's true we don't level up too quickly, but we have a better margin of safety. This is particularly important given our skill, which keeps dropping boss monsters on us.

Or did you guys think that two man team (Alex and Kurt?) were just taking a day off? I'm guessing we won't be seeing those guys again.
Alex and Kurt are actually the people who bullied us when we were kids, not the smaller team. They also bullied Shimah once she became an adventurer.

It's...possible Shimah did something about them yesterday.

I don't think so. I think they had a healer for a while... and then they didn't. So they overestimated themselves.
Possible, but "childhood bully" very rarely get killed offscreen without a big plot quest coming, narratively speaking.

On the subject of the water mod/class, it makes sense, but it doesn't give us much variety. All our effects will be cold-based, and in some dungeons (Graveyard), that will make us far less viable.

Fuses for polar adept later. Also we can swap jobs. You get the crystal you can equip the job. There's no rule that we have only two that I've seen. Ergo, given that we have the skill slot, there's no reason not to get better at that skill.

There seems to be literally no drawback to doing it now.

Also, leveling skills from similar Job is possible. So Earth, Water, Fire, Ice, Lighting Magic, all can be leveled by using any Elementalist job. Similarly, most weapon skills by a Warrior, and weapon skills by a Hunter...

Huh, that's a thought. Maya should look for the Bow Hunter.

I'm wondering if Shimmering Vestment preserves Shimah's modesty better than her Barbarian Vestment or less. :p

Do we want to possibly have someone, I'm thinking Seraphine, pick up a buff healer job to off-heal? Doing that would allow Shimah to leverage her enfeebles more against big solo bosses. It might also be important to have an off-healer in case Shimah gets a bad debuff, something like silence or paralysis.

As it is, I think Seraphine is only pure nuking.

Thoughts?

Do we want to possibly have someone, I'm thinking Seraphine, pick up a buff healer job to off-heal? Doing that would allow Shimah to leverage her enfeebles more against big solo bosses. It might also be important to have an off-healer in case Shimah gets a bad debuff, something like silence or paralysis.

Thoughts?
Lightning would be better for her. She likes to see things burn.

There's also probably tank buffer classes out there for Anshelm.

If we're primarily aoe debuff/damage, having a pure nuker isn't a bad thing.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

We will be the off-healer, as I understand it.

Another alternative option to tank/heal problem, is to get Maya to use Ranger, which either gives her Animal Companion or allow her to tame Beast-type minions.

If she can tame one White Warg as well as pair of those stealth Wargs...

EDIT:
We will be the off-healer, as I understand it.
On consideration, will Magician's Blood also help with Healing Magic?

+ponders on making Alice learn all magic+
On the other hand, that meant Undine is a intermediary race, until we can find one that boosts all magic, or boosts overall Power, without...

. . . How about we sell this Undine Mod to Lucia (Hiro's party member) and get Lesser Lunar Rabbit Race Mod?

+ponders on making Alice learn all magic+
On the other hand, that meant Undine is a intermediary race, until we can find one that boosts all magic, or boosts overall Power, without...

. . . How about we sell this Undine Mod to Lucia (Hiro's party member) and get Lesser Lunar Rabbit Race Mod?
How about no? We can only currently get three skills at once, so Water + Ice + Staves fit perfectly, especially as we have a robe that gives + Ice/Water, and a mod that gives +Water.

True. Guess it is not her luck this time. :D

EDIT: Borrow the Naiad's Shawl from Maya to boost the Water damage to even better heights. :D

Alright vote seems mostly unanimous here. Gonna lock up and start writing soon.

[] Tell Maya to stop teasing and put her money where her mouth is.
[] Secretly ask to borrow Shima's old vestments to see how it looks.
[] Poke at Anshelm's new horns to see if he has sensation in them.
[] Wonder if the Disguise skill will help you with your deficient bust.
[] Look into it while trying to play it cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back