1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Flickering Embers [MTG/ZnT] Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Happerry, Feb 22, 2013.

1. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

I'm pretty sure Jiven is French. Like, as sure as you can be, on the internet. Why else would he be up at this hour?

2. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

Anyone can make mistakes in their own language. (Hell, take it from me, my Portuguese is so horrenduos I nearly failed it back in highschool) Besides, Jiven actually had good translations, aside the infernal one, which can be subjective. It's... "fournaise solaire" that made me sink INTO DESPAIR!!!

3. FurikoMaru

Maa, if it's your own language you're allowed to fuck it up as much as you like, provided you do it with Style.

4. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

Fairly amusing, considering both "l'Infernal Brasier" "la fournaise solaire" are perfectly good french.

5. minuseven

(°_°) ┳━┳

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  6. MacroDaemon

MacroDaemon Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Biigoh.

7. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

As a note: I am French. Absolutely, irrevocably, despite what some Parisians might say about my native region.

The inversion of adjectives is completely possible in French, when you want to put an emphasis on the adjective instead of the noun.
    "L'Infernal Brasier" and "Le Brasier Infernal" mean the same thing, but the former insists on the hellish impression of the fire, and the latter insists on the power/heat of the inferno.
    It is not the only rule governing an adjective's position relative to a noun, but it's the one I was using there.

Yup. ^^

Liam is right, y'know ? :°
    But I like this emoticon, it's fun.

8. FurikoMaru

Pfft, like they get a say. Everyone knows Paris isn't French. :p

9. minuseven

Meh, it's okay, I know. The sonority just keeps grating on my nerves like a cheese-grater on cheese. *shudder* I can't help but cringe, even when I know it's technically right (even completely correct).

I needed an emoticon to save face distract you from my overreaction. Hence, table flipping. Look, here's another one:

Σ¬o( ̄- ̄ )

¬o( ̄- ̄ )

Σ¬o( ̄- ̄ )

¬o( ̄- ̄ )

Σ¬o( ̄- ̄ )

~¬o( ̄- ̄ )

¬o( ̄- ̄ )

( ̄- ̄ )

10. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

>Implying the peasants living in their straw huts and their holes in the ground have any say over the Parisian Master Race.

11. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

[X] Biigoh.

12. Emral282

Emral282 Touch Fluffy Tail

[X] Biigoh.

13. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

And at least you both have less accents , ignoring those on words, then the German language.
    And with that you should be united against me *g*

14. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Biigoh.

We just got our magic and we are going to show off!

15. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X]Plan Biigoh
    -[x]Make sure no buildings, people, or common gathering grounds are behind your target. 3

Also did Siesta or her replacement get charged with mana? Further why are you making a butmonkey out of her and why is Louise abandoning her responsibilities. her mother taught her better than that.

Is this the effect of Mainlining Red Mana? If so she need to focus more on her white. Or at least the empathetic emotion in red I mean really now. what if she got the made mauled.

16. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Siesta is just UNLUCKY~

17. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Man, Louise needs to learn control~

Though as I can't think of a better plan:

[X] Plan Biigoh

18. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

We're undisciplined and inconsiderate. Bullying the servants like that and not taking responsibility for your meses. Disgraceful.

19. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

It was partly running on red overdose mana, and partially on the side effects of the Ancestral Vision she had just been hit with. She wasn't thinking on full gears right there. You might notice that as soon as Louise started actually thinking about what she was doing, she ran into a tree?

In all honesty, Louise would have gone "Oh noes' noble version if she'd almost blasted some of the academy staff, but the first time she defealted past that into 'Ack I just disobeyed the princess' mode and had a panic attack, and the second time she was running a scrying assisted adrenaline rush/attack.

And by the time she really realized she'd just ran someone over, she was already like three trees away, anyway, so.

(Also, just as a reminder for the is their buildings behind it question, the Golem is between you and the academy.)

Edit: and as for is she charged with red mana, I suppose Louise will just have to go poke her and see if she ignites on fire from sheer rage. Or maybe something safer. Either way, go find out!

20. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

How does Louise l'Incendière sound ? It could loosely be translated as Louise The Pyromaniac when you want to be insulting/mocking or Louise The Conflagrator when more serious.

21. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X]Move around the Golem to Blast it fro mthe side If you cannot Make the blast come DOWN on the Golem and not Through.

22. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

[X]Move around the Golem to Blast it fro mthe side If you cannot Make the blast come DOWN on the Golem and not Through.

23. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

Mastered Banefire
    Gained: Dodge!: D+
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [X] Plan Bane FIRE! FULL POWER MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION!
    - - [X] Pyretic Ritual + Seething Song to gather mana!
    - - - - [X] Reverberate x ? to BUILD that mana into something fierce
    - - - - - - [X] FLY and....
    - - - - - - [X] BANE FIRE (just enough dmg to destroy a golem)
    - - - - - - [X] keep the mana ready to BURN some more!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And there is panic, and yelling and argument. For are they not nobles, who's duty it is to protect the academy? To fight blackguards on thieves and criminals? To not run away screaming like young un-combat trained girls? Of course, as Montmorency points out, they are un-combat trained girls. And Guiche of course, but they both agree that he doesn't count.

This, of course, brings said outnumbered male into the argument, as he protests his bravery and valor, which is, of course, extreme. Or so he claims. And then he realizes that he just agreed to distract said giant golem while Louise tries to fireblast it to tiny chunks and Montmorency searches for the golem's master.

After all, everyone knows that whoever controls the golem needs to be close by to the golem, yes? And then they all have to shut up and get to work as the golem is getting way to close.

And so it is that the Valkyries storm in to attack, drawing much attention as they clamber up their much larger kin, trying to stab it in the joints and generally being distracting, preventing it from noticing Louise is drawing up an impressively burny amount of Mana. Well, until the great ray of incredible heat and power flies forth, charring a hole all through the golems chest and incidentally putting another hole through the main tower behind the Golem.

That got it's attention all right. But it also showed a minor problem with the plan of "Intensely powerful beams of fire until it dies." To be precise, while of extreme power, the all burning rays.. weren't actually that wide. Maybe six feet across at the most. Mere pinpricks to the vast moving mountain that is your foe. A moving mountain that promptly starts ignoring the relatively ineffectual golems that clamber over it to try to introduce you to a form known as the 'pancake making fist.'

Being no fool, Louise decides that she needs to move. Now. Oh, and Guiche probably should go with her. It's a very good thing she has such a useful mobility enhancing spell, yes? And so wings of fire sprout on the two of them as they employ the time honored power of the Dodge!

And thus, from across the courtyard, does Louise start peppering the Golem with the fast firing, if weaker, Lightning Bolts she has figured out how to cast. While doing little damage compared to the hole her last attack caused, they can be fired with much greater speed and less willpower cost, as the golem seems ill inclined to let her have the time needed to charge up another devastating blast.

And so the fight goes, with one combatant not given the time to figure out something with a proper blast radius, and the other unable to catch it's foe, a true stalemate that can only be broken by an outside force. Unfortunately, the only outside force around is Guiche, and his golems lack the size to face such a foe. And his attempts to break the earth magic animating it have been.. less then successful.

And so our heroes hopes are pinned on Montmorency of the Montmorencies, who may be the heroine needed to find this giants master and disable her!

Sadly, but a few minutes into this new stalemate, she returns to report that she was unable to find said giant's master!

It's about then when the central tower explodes from within, at it's ground level, and.. are those gold? What seems to be hundreds of man sized golems made of that most precious material start pouring out.. followed by a figure in an all concealing cape!

[ ] Ok, now what? (Write In)

24. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

[x] Lightning Bolt the caped figure.

If boom can't solve your problem, you aren't using enough of it.

25. Biigoh

[X] Plan Artifact SMASH!
    - - [X] Pyretic Ritual x1 + Seething Song x4 + Pyretic Ritual x3 to gather mana!
    - - - - [X] Reverberate x4, Fork x4, Increasing Vengeance x4, Reiterate x4 to BUILD that mana into something fierce (46 RED mana available)
    - - - - - - [X] Shatter on the big golem first (-2)
    - - - - - - - - [X] Echoing Ruin on the little golems once the major threat is taken care of (-2)
    - - - - - - - - - - [X] Keep mana in reserve (42 RED mana available)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

[x]Lightning Bolt the caped figure.

27. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

[X] Plan Artifact SMASH!
    - - [X] Pyretic Ritual x1 + Seething Song x4 + Pyretic Ritual x3 to gather mana!
    - - - - [X] Reverberate x4, Fork x4, Increasing Vengeance x4, Reiterate x4 to BUILD that mana into something fierce (46 RED mana available)
    - - - - - - [X] Shatter on the big golem first (-2)
    - - - - - - - - [X] Echoing Ruin on the little golems once the major threat is taken care of (-2)
    - - - - - - - - - - [X] Keep mana in reserve (42 RED mana available)

28. Biigoh

Come on, guys... let's go with OVERWHELMING POWER.....

29. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

Echoing Ruin is enough on it's own. Hell, who not go for Shatterstorm or Shattering Spree instead?

Edit: But the burn deck of all lightning bolts is better.

30. Biigoh

Let's not break the treasure of the school!