1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A small reminder that our moderators can't change usernames. You need to directly contact an admin for that, and tehelgee is the jobless one so bug him about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. To the many new members following Mr Zoat to our forum, I would suggest a quick read of our Rules. Don't worry, it's not a long post. Pay special attention to Rule 8. We are deadly serious about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. infinitedevilmachine

infinitedevilmachine I AM INFINITE Gone for Good

Youtube shit the bed lol

2. Maven

Maven Coldblooded Cuddler

Anyone know the name of that logical fallacy where immaterial concepts are misconstrued as concrete? I can neither find nor remember the word for some reason.

3. Valor

Valor Versed in the lewd.

False premise?

4. Maven

Valor

Nope. Only one word to it, had something to do with metaphysics. I do remember it wasn't one found in typical common parlance. Good try though.

5. 24caratcoal

24caratcoal Plotbunny Rancher

So, a bit of idle amusement on my part brings up a question. How many people here would learn another (very simple) language in order to read something written in it?

6. Maven

On the one hand, I've completely forgotten the reason I know how to read and write the Elder Futhark. On the other, I still have yet to stop procrastinating my Italian Studies, which in hindsight pisses me off.

7. 24caratcoal

24caratcoal Plotbunny Rancher

Don’t feel bad, I learned Dutch as a kid (which really got me interested in languages) and push come to shove I can still read and speak it in very halting and broken sentnces as I try to remember the words. My accent is also terrible apparently. I imagine my accent in Dutch sounds much like the stereotypical russian accent for english, except much less badass.

Maven likes this.
  8. Maven

Can someone tell me how you locate a specific court case off the internet?

9. Lydia

Lydia Versed in the lewd.

Just google it, most stuff can be found by using the right words and google. It is a little bit like magic :D

10. molemole

molemole Versed in the lewd.

Googling's good, but if you're in college and the college has a law school, then you may want to try LexisNexis. You don't need to be part of the law school as long as there are computers in that department building that you can use.

11. Maven

...It turns out... I was using the wrong surname.

Please excuse me while I vent my rage.

24caratcoal and molemole like this.
  12. kahna1234

kahna1234 So many lovely little darlings to play with~!

As this is the general chat thread, just gona ask here: Who is Mr Zoat and why does he/she require a banner at the top of the forum?

13. BlackHadou

BlackHadou The Bunny Cometh!

Writer of With This Ring, a... Young Justice, I think, fanfiction Self Insert that migrated here from SV (where he migrated from SB) and brought a particularly large fanbase with him. Said fanbase is to a degree regarded as trouble makers, so the banner was a pre-emptive measure, since QQ has a rule that SB and SV do not.

ShadowStepper1300 and Dakkaface like this.
  14. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

To add to BlackHadou's information, the reason he ran into trouble and self-exiled himself from SV is political in nature - the banner was warning his fairly large incoming fanbase that bitching about/debating the affair is not going to be tolerated for long on QQ.

ShadowStepper1300 and kingkiller like this.
  15. Maven

So, a thing. Broken fingers don't really hurt that much. The books lied.

For all adventurous tourists though (cuz literally no one would be as dumb as my parents and actually immigrate here) if you end up in an African country and want to try a job stay away from those where such things as shifting building materials is paradoxically done by hand. Its hell on the pinkies.

16. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

17. DeathShade

DeathShade Morally Inferior Messiah

Does anyone know the length of time you have to wait between editing posts?
    I'm trying to edit details into the reserved posts of my quest, and I just had the entire Achievement list I typed out rejected.