1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Q&R Index' started by Vanathor, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

So, speaking of MTG quests, I've been considering doing one of my own for a while.. though somewhat different in detail. With the Quest being about a character in another show who has just awakened to MTG style magehood.. and may eventually blossom into a planeswalker. Maybe. If you are lucky.

With the current list of characters you'd be able to choose from being Louise the Zero, Harmony from Angel, Sokka from ATLA, Anzu from Yu-Gi-Oh, and Aono from Rosario+Vampire.

Sound interesting to anyone?

2. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

Both. Some planes will be from the game, other's will be my own original thing, others will be from other fictions.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

Um...I think you missed something about how planeswalkers work; you either have the spark or you don't, you can't progress from mage to planeswalker. Though if you mean one day the people we can choose from just had their spark awaken then that'd be cool.

That's just a minor nitpick though; MtG needs more love and I'd be all over that shit. Blue-aligned Sokka would pwn everyone. It'd be like the second coming of Urza.

4. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Eh. Having Sokka suddenly MtG planeswalker gets in the way of his Normal Guy Schick.

5. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Sokka as a Blue Planeswalker?

... That sounds like an awesome quest. I support and or endorse this product or service fully.

Nitpicking- Blue is Water, Red is Fire, White is Air... I suppose Earth would be Green, but what is Black?

6. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

It's VAMPIRES and DEMONS all the way down... ^_^

7. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

Actually, Earth would also be Red. Consider Slagstorm.

8. EnderofWorlds

Blue - Water, Air, Ice
    Red - Fire, Lightning, Earth
    Green - Plants, Trees, Wind
    White - Light
    Black - Death, Shadow/Darkness, Marsh/Bog/Sedge

9. Happerry

Just because you have the spark doesn't mean it's active. And just because it's not active doesn't mean you can't learn MTG style magics. What the quest would start on is a moment of extreme stress making the character bond to a land, giving them a source of magic. Sokka, for example, would claim a landbond on the North Pole when Princess Yui gets all spirity and he gets emotional about it.

Depending on how the quest goes the spark might ignite, but just because you have the spark doesn't mean your guaranteed to have it light up. Of course, having the spark does give you the potential, so if people are lucky and make the right choices... It just won't be something easy and or casual.

Well, just vote for someone else then.

Black isn't a Bending Style on the count that no great spirit aligned with Black has made a deal with a tribe of humans to let them use it. Bloodbending is a Black/Blue style though, and other black influences can be found in other places.

Edit: Neither is White, as both airbending and waterbending draw from Blue primarily, even if Airbending has some heavy white influences.

10. EnderofWorlds

Ahh...ok; that makes sense, your wording just confused me was all. As for it being hard, yeah; though life-threatening events typically do the trick, along with massive emotional trauma, or both.

11. Happerry

What, you think life-threatening events or massive emotional trauma are fun and easy things?

12. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

You have obviously never played Dwarf Fortress*~

*I kid, I kid...​

13. MacroDaemon

MacroDaemon Know what you're doing yet?

I am sad that Sokka would only gain access to blue mana after getting to the NWT. Aang going into the crazy rage/depression induced Avatar state? No you don't, counterspell.

14. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

I have two ideas running in the back of my head these days.

- When Chao Lingshen casts her time travel spell to return to her time, it misfire and sends her tumbling through time. Right before she hits the Big Crunch, she gets yoinked away and fall into a small cobbled courtyard surrounded by a steel fence, lighted by a single lamppost. The she finds an old gentleman along with several time-space gates that opens toward different universes. Thus begins Chao's Journey Home: A Negima's Quest. With the assistance of the old gentleman living at the End of Time, she must travel the multiverse in order to find her way home.

- It is a day like any other in the life of Ranma Saotome, martial artist extraordinaire, irresistible Casanova, great friend, humble rival and all around awesome guy. There's no school today, but there's plenty of things to do.

Akane is thinking about life past highschool and intend to visit Todai. She asked him to tag along.
    Nabiki has called in an old debt and wants him as a bouncer for the day.
    For once, Kasumi asked for help shopping.
    Ukyo is slightly worried, Konatsu has been fidgety for the last few weeks and he doesn't say why?
    Nodoka called and said she wants to talk about a family matter
    Rumors have it that there's a few newcomers at the Cat Cafe. Might be worth checking out before it inevitably blow up in his face.
    Ryoga challenged you to the empty lot behind his home. He promised he'd be on time this time.

Pick his path, select the one we will meet that ordinary day. These events may seem nothing special, but they're all a first step toward a greater adventure. The first step of the Fool's Journey.

15. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

... A Chrono Quest would be awesome, but Fool's Journey sounds even better.

16. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

Agreed. I would love Fool's Journey.

17. Happerry

Well, I needed a traumatic event to shock the talent into working, and Yui going all absorbed by the Moon probably counts...

Also, shutting down the spirit of the world you are living on might be a bit harder then a basic counterspell.

18. MacroDaemon

Playing MTG has taught me that counterspell is indeed capable of shutting down something that powerful, but I guess it wouldn't work in a story/quest. Not if you're trying to keep it balanced, heh.

19. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Indeed... this is an ACTIVATED ability, not a spell... for that you need something else.

20. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

What gets me about this idea?

Monstrous Growth on Momo.

It's totally something Sokka would do, too!

21. EnderofWorlds

Stifle; IU. Counter target activated or triggered ability.

MtG has a solution for everything if you play blue. :))

22. MacroDaemon

I wonder if you can unsummon the Avatar..

23. EnderofWorlds

If you can unsummon gods, which you can, you can unsummon the Avatar.

24. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Well, I think it's pretty clear there would be some support for this quest. Hell, I've seen ideas on SB's Idea thread that got less noticed then this that got good turnout.

25. Happerry

So it seems. I'll be putting up the first posts soon.

And it seems to me that the primal spirit of the world itself can probably manage its own counterspells on your counterspells when you're trying to shut down it's avatar. And as was mentioned, story balance. Don't forget you'll be starting as a one land mage, not an oldwalker.

26. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

At the very least you can cast Capsize, and return the Avatar to its owner's hand.

Back into the iceberg for you, Aang!

27. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

Chrono trigger is meant mainly as an easy framing device for mutltiverseal hijinks, but sure, it could be included in the quest.

... Though neither idea seems to be gathering much interest. Too bad.

28. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

I like playing Chrono Trigger, but no, I am not sure how I feel about a Chrono Trigger quest.

29. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Ah, I've found that interest threads don't actually tend to generate as much interest as an actual quest. Unfortunate, yes.

30. drake_azathoth

drake_azathoth Fabulously Evil

Well, it's been a few days since you checked on this, but I am actually pretty interested in Amber.