1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Est Imperare Orbi Universo (Dio Quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Trace your finger across your throat, forearms, inner things, and stomach as quickly as you can.

Takes me about three and a half seconds. Let's assume that I'm as fast as Dio [Ha!]- Isn't that fast enough?

2. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Besides, shounen seconds are like half a minute long.

3. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

I see, so it's not that "The World" increases our strength, right?

4. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Wellll, hard to say. The World is also an actual physical (sorta) being that only loosely correlates to the Stand-user's physical form. And a lot of Stands can punch through walls, and Jotaro is able to punch a guy hard enough to turn him into a blood-fountain.

Stuff like that.

Dio likes this.
  5. FurikoMaru

Ehh. Not your lift-strength, but a FTL punch is quite a fucking thing.

Your lift-strength isn't going to be anything to sneeze at, though. I mean, Dio and ninja in the same sentence? Holy shitsnacks.

sassafras and assana73 like this.
  6. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

And we're also a fuckmothering vampire. Or, rather, we were one.

Does that help explain things at all?

7. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

[X] He's an authority figure and you're a baby. Look harmless and adorable and you'll be all set.

[X] Boy

With Dio's fabulousness we're gonna be killer with the ladies, and completely ignore any and all advances they make.

The World is also a stand, a quasi-spiritual being that's more often than not faster and stronger than even the most fit of humans.

The World's stats:

Destructive Power A
    Speed A
    Range A
    Durability C
    Precision B
    Developmental Potential B

So yeah, on top of the ability to stop the fucking time, it's one of the punchiest stands out there. Fast and deadly, and if i recall correctly, also invisible to people without a stand of their own.

Dio likes this.
  8. overmind

Yes, it does, althoguh perhaps I should read the manga more thorughly to understand Dio's limits.

9. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

better idea.

Run into melee, stop time before you get into arms reach, close into melee range, insert blade through eye-socket, get out of melee range.

problem solved and you still have about 6 seconds left, what can you do to the second guy before it runs out?

if he's still standing at the end of it, then we have to ask deeper questions about our power, like "how often can we use it" and such, but "lol 9 seconds of free unblockable attacks" is absurdly easy to exploit against anyone without at least a little bit of functional immortality.

I mean, removing all the organs or whatever, like you said, that would work, but it seems like overkill. blade into brain, then back out of reach (just in case) seems to be the most efficiant way to do it.

edit: wait, our stand can also punch people, AND is invisible?

ok, run to melee, stop time snap neck, have your stand target the second guy, then turn and move on to guys 3/4 before time runs out.

or hell, just have your stand walk up and rip a dudes head clean off, unless Chakra lets you see Stands too.

10. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

[X] Have The World punch him. You didn't survive one kidnapping attempt today just to be snatched up the second your parents die.

Dio likes this.
  11. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

It's also A-Rank speed. Which means it moves faster than light.

Jojo is a fucking broken setting, and Dio is among the brokenest of all it's broken, broken characters.

12. FurikoMaru

Be advised, The World is a humanoid Stand, so I'm ruling that part of its speed is dependent on Dio's. Not much of a limit, but it'll give you something to do before you're old enough to go missing-nin.

Dio, sassafras and assana73 like this.
  13. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Wait, we aren't old enough to go wander the world now?

Laaaame.

sassafras likes this.
  14. overmind

I don't want us to go missing nin, I want us to build a bse in Konoha and take it over when we are in our teens.

15. FurikoMaru

Either one works for me. 8)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  16. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

I will say it again. Unless Chakra level on the level of a kage let your spiritual weight breach time stop there is no way that you can lose if your so much as in the Ballpark of being able to hurt them when moving at ninja speeds. Let alone when you have the bullshit that Naruto would learn in canon.

The super fast Super strong ghost is even more overkills. Unless you oponent was set to to win before the battle start or litterally can not be scratched by anything you can pull together in 10 seconds you win.

17. Guile

As long as we make Kakashi and Itachi look like lack-witted, fumble-fingered bumblers, I'll be happy.

Dio and sassafras like this.
  18. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Can we develop Za WARUDO!!! time stop hax to be equal to Homurun's length of time stop?

19. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

wait, for real or just hyperbole? or a "for real but just in theory" thing like FSN servants moving at mach 5 or some bullshit?

let me be very clear with this.

Can The World (Dio's Stand) move at (or faster than) 671 million miles per hour?

what the fuck would something like that even fight?

20. FurikoMaru

How long does Homura's timestop last?

Yes. Without even displacing all that much air, considering. It's a shame the animators logistically couldn't depict that accurately; I'll bet it'd be a sight to have seen.

Because Dio likes fighting, and Jotaro is almost-to-just-as fast.

21. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

JoJo the funner Fate universe.

sassafras likes this.
  22. Guile

Long enough for a school girl to fire 67 RPGs.

That is the accepted unit of measurement of a Homura timestop, by the way: an RPG.

Dio likes this.
  23. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

does that mean we can just go "lol sufficient velocity" then launch our stand at things at lightspeed? (assuming it wasn't nerfed like you mentioned earlier, obviously)

24. FurikoMaru

[X] Hush, little baby, don't say a word...

Not for the first time in your life, you find yourself dependent upon others to carry you around. At least this old man smells better than the last one.

"Minato-kun... Kushina..."

He turns to two others (in masks! They each have both eyes, however, and after a moment you relax). "What you have just witnessed is an S-rank secret. Reveal Naruto's status as a jinchuuriki and die."

"Of course, Sandaime-sama."

On the journey to town, you glean bits and pieces of information from the terse conversation the man holds with his subordinates. He is the 'Third Fire Shadow', and Minato was the Fourth - obviously a position of some importance. Kushina was of the 'Uzumaki' clan, famous (or perhaps notorious) for their great skill in something called 'fuuinjutsu'. It would seem you have been born into the nobility of this society - or what passes for it among these ninja.

Ninja... you are familiar with the term only through works of fiction. Though what little you know suggests you won't find these people terribly different from most of your own subordinates in your former life.

This is a satisfactory state of affairs, overall. True, you are likely no longer immortal, but there are always methods available to those willing to seek them out. True, you are reduced to infancy, but the circumstances suggest you have found yourself among people who admire strength. And strength is something you have always had. You need only display it to rebuild your empire.

It remains to be seen, however, whether you have found yourself among international assassins or merely a hidden cult of hedge-wizards slowly dying out under the weight of tradition. The mens' attire and the apparent level of technology send contradictory signals on that front.

Eventually your tiny body gives way to fatigue, and you know no more.

=

You sleep much over the next few days, and wake seldom, though you are aware you have had visitors. Of these, one stands out in particular.

[X] The old man who brought you into town.

[X] A beautiful woman with long dark hair.

[X] A grim-looking man whom the old man angrily ushers out when he catches him in your room.

[X] A pale man with golden eyes whom you are almost certain does not have permission to be here.

sabakka, SneakyRock, Epro and 7 others like this.
  25. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

26. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

Oh fun. Sarutobi, Kurenai(?), Danzo, and Orochimaru. Although I don't think Furiko likes Kurenai so maybe not.

Whelp, no question here.

[X] A pale man with golden eyes whom you are almost certain does not have permission to be here.

Let's do this shit!

Because I don't want to spend so much time in the orphanage.

27. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Pretty sure the dark-haired woman is Mikoto, considering that she was Kushina's best friend.

28. FurikoMaru

Yep. But that's really messy; being able to go at light speed doesn't mean your brain goes just as fast. Even though Dio can still think very fast and he does display FTL fighting from time to time, he doesn't do as much with it as he could, because timestop gives the same benefits while still making it easy to keep track of what he's actually done.

It's Mikoto.

assana73 likes this.
  29. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

That makes more sense!

Still. Orochimaru. You just know that's gonna be fun.

30. Earth-Destroyer

Earth-Destroyer Versed in the lewd.

I will go with the snake for this one.