1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Mom's Fault Quest [the rebooting]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Nolrai2, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Angels are born out of the substance of Heaven, tasked to make all world's on the Tree as grand and as just. Even the worst Devils still struggle against the urge to fix things.

Aaron's Serpents are born of the Tree, the Ash, and like their mother they are peaceful and slow to rouse, and near unstoppable once woken. Most physical of the Imperators, their bodies are stronger than even many warmains.

Magisters of the Wild find them selves trapped in a creation alien to themselves, and struggle to unfold their nature, and they claim that we are all alien to our selves, and all bound, and seek to give us all the power to be our true selves.

Those Imperators above can be found on every world, moving across the tree as they must, or are allowed.

There are three more that are of the Earth, and only very rarely venture far.

Born of the muck, of the primordial life that lives and dies unaware, of the viruses and molds, of the constant struggle of the city to devour the land, of rust to bring down the bridge, True Gods have no single code, or desire, but struggle in a messy confusionabout of hungers, but do not think them simple or weak, they are Imperators, able to wrestle Angeles, and consume Excrucians.

From the Tree of Knowledge, and Adam and Eve's bites comes the last two: Magisters of the Light and Dark.

The Light strives for human survival, strives for humanity to live forever! Safe, contained, ordered.

Those that listen to the Song of the Dark, they strive to free each human, to let them have the power and will to sing out their wants, theit ambitions, their dreams, and in so doing find ruin. They do not kill, but strive to give humanity the tools of is own destruction.

9 cycles of the seasons, or 3287 days. I live in the Mansions of the Sun, which is in Celestia, which is the upper skies of Earth when viewed from the Prosaic. But then I am just some twists of plasma viewed from the prosaic.

Darkened likes this.
  2. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

I want to be, but I might not ever get big and hot enough! I still get all my energy from Mother. Even after almost 9 novade! But Mom says she took way longer to grow up..
    "Nursy? Why is Dad worried?" Jasper asks. "Hush, dear its time to sleep. And its grown up problems, they will take care of it, your job is to study and grow up strong!"

See, she won't tell me. Even though she tells me about other problems..

Darkened likes this.
  3. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

Can you tell me more about these?

That is where you are wrong. The Dark gives humans tools, yes, but they chose to use them for destruction. The Dark only desires to bring freedom, for true joy can not be found without it. Without freedom, there is no growth, no change, no inovation or advancement. Yes, order can keep people safe, but they will never improve or become better, stagnation will be everywhere. Humans have free will and choice thanks to chaos. Neither the Dark nor the Light is to be chosen, only when they are in balance is it best.

Nolrai2 likes this.
  4. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Most stars take about 100,000 novade to form. You're probably ahead of the curve.

5. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Imperators are the class of being that Angels are one kind of. Made up of Spiritus Dei the divine substance, Truth, that forms the bed rock of reality. One poet said to think of the Imperators as a mass of crystal snakes of all colors, and Creation is a light shining through them, colored and bent by their flows, given form and substance by their after-effects.

Excrucians come in 4 types, named by the Imperators who they war against, as Deceivers, Warmains, Mimics, and Strategists. Always listed in that order for some reason. Mom hasn't told me much about them. Even-though Dad is a Warmain himself. Oh, and Mimics are like..not fake exactly, but artificial Imperators, made from pieces of the world the Excrusians were not able to completely destroy. And so, a few Imperators, each year are revealed to not be true Angels, or Devils, or Sperents or ect. but be a mole a spy and saboteur.

Maryweather James doesn't agree with you, and his book "Principals of the Dark" is well regarded. He considers humans quite evil and worthy of dieing. Mom also says that the Magisters of the Dark tend to be kind of horrible and awful to be around, but are very good at running the war, and will even in death bring down their foes.

---

Jasper eventually fell asleep still a little worried, but she woke up to her mother pulling her out of bed. "Come on Jasper, time for our morning workout! Get those pajamas off, and your work out clothes on!"

Jasper blinks and yawns trying to get her mind started for the day by pure force of will. "Right! Work out clothes." she says changing quickly.

Pretty soon they are outside doing warm ups, and then katas. Lots of katas. Lots and lots of the same few katas. Jasper knows better then too complain about the repetitiveness, the hardest part is not putting in too much force, your supposed to tire your self by repetition not raw difficulty.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    Darkened and Dark Ness like this.
  6. Dark Ness

What kind of katas are you doing?

Interesting. Do you believe that the Dark makes people evil or that evil people just go to the Dark? Does the Dark have a consciousness and motivation?

7. BlackTitanOdin

BlackTitanOdin I trust you know where the happy button is?

What different types of Magisters are there?

8. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Karate first. Then dagger. Then long-sword. Then wrestling pins. Then two handed sword. Then sniper rifle as a break. Then dagger again.

We always do it in that order. No idea why.

Well..the Magisters of the Dark come into being already listening to the Dark so..I'm not sure the question makes sense for them. And for others..I just don't know. All the Songs will push you away from the human law or animal instinct, they are just too full of compromise, of mixtures and excuses and deliberations. The Songs, (of Heaven, of Hell, of The Light, of The Dark, and of the Wild) ..I don't think the songs have a consciousness or motivation them selves. Though Hell and Heaven might, but rather..they are ways of thinking. ..Like math?

9. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

There are three kinds of Imperator called Magister. Magisters of the Wild, of the Light, and of the Dark. I don't know why Angels are not called Magisters of Heaven. It sort of makes sense that Devils are not called Magisters of Hell, as they are still made of Heaven stuff, just corrupted, wounded, and pained by their choices and battles.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    Darkened likes this.
  10. BlackTitanOdin

How does one become a Devil?

11. Dark Ness

Are there creatures made of Hell stuff?

Nolrai2 likes this.
  12. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

This is how mom tells it, it's a scary sad story:

"Lucifer preached that Heaven has no right to impose their beauty on the world's of the tree, that even the most wretched most evil most pained and suffering things deserved to be listened to, that no they deserved it most of all. That Hell's song of mercy and pain was the true path that Angels should follow and that he and his followers would stand between Heaven and those it would judge.

"Fully a third of the Host of Heaven followed him, and rose up in insurrection against the court. Brothers raised swords against sisters, wives against husbands, friends who had stayed true for millennia fought. But we did not know true war. Not like now.

"And for this crime the rebels were thrown down and locked in the Hell they so preferred, unhealing, twisting and burning and corrupting, and so they declared we are not Angels, but Angels Fallen, Devils. The mother of my eldest child, your half sister, is there still, burning.

"I tell this to you so that you may know that it is not always easy to serve Beauty and Justice. That sometimes dieing would be the easy, safer, path.

Darkened likes this.
  13. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

There's demons, which are like animals or maybe humans, and there are demon lords which are powerful. ..but if there are Imperators made of hell stuff they do not come to Earth.

14. Dark Ness

I like this guy, sounds like he is chaotic good.

15. BlackTitanOdin

How does Heaven know what is Just?
    Does Heaven force People to follow their (Heaven"s) Sense of Beauty
    Is it judged on a case to case basis or is the Judgement given unchanging regardless of circumstance?
    Does Heaven dole out Justice without Compassion or Mercy?
    Is questioning other's Decisions enough to get a person to be Exiled from Heaven?
    I have one last question little one, Whose weapon drew blood first? Was it the Devils as call themselves or was it an Angel of Heaven?

Sorry if you get into trouble how ever you should know that There is always another side to any story. I don't know who was right, in that fight however I know who won the fight was the Angels.

16. Dark Ness

Well, history is written by the victors, whatever we learn may not be accurate.

17. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

I strongly suspect in this case that there hasn't really been a victor.

Besides, they're all more or less on the same side in the bigger picture aren't they?

Remember Jasper, just pick your own path. Just because you're an angel doesn't mean you can't listen to the song of the dark or try to purge the world for being filthy and horrible and covering up all the real Stuff out there if that's what you'd prefer.

18. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Chaotic Good?

Though I don't like the idea of letting bad guys go free. Feels wrong. And Mom is awesome, if even just some Angels are that awesome then Heaven's Justice has to be done well!

Anyway, it's time for another bath, and then Mom and I are going to have a picnic!

19. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Yeah, both Angels and Devils think that Creation should exist, and that people like Daddy should stop looking for things.

I'm not an Angel! Angels are born from Heaven, I'm made out of Mother and Daddy. I'm not even any kind of Imperator, and might not ever grow up that much!

Darkened likes this.
  20. BlackTitanOdin

What is your Daddy, Little one?

21. Dark Ness

Someone who is a good guy but doesn't follow the law. Sometimes lawful good and chaotic good fight, which is what this sounds like.

22. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

He is an Warmain, one of the 4 kinds of Excruciatian. He says he and his kind are looking for something. I am not sure why that means they are helping to destroy Creation.

23. Dark Ness

I don't know how to say this, but your Dad sounds like a bad guy.

24. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Oh. .he does kind of doesn't he?

Darkened, Raron and Dark Ness like this.
  25. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Have you ever asked him why he has to find that thing he's looking for? He must have his reasons, mustn't he?

Would your mother really let him near you if he was bad?

26. Dark Ness

Judging by what we have seen so far, if he was lawful she probably would.

27. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Mom isn't automatically pro law. Like there's this council that rules earth and she dislikes or hates all 4 of them.

Dark Ness likes this.
  28. Dark Ness

Then why did she get with Dad?

29. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Wait, your mom hates Ananda?

30. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Well...I don't know. He is really nice, and smart, and pretty.