1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Mom's Fault Quest [the rebooting]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Nolrai2, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

She says that he is wonderful. so..so beautiful it hurts and confuses, and she cant let her self look too much or she would not be able to serve.

But he is impossible to work with well, and should be somewhere safer, or somewhere where his touch will do good. Here..here his beauty is locked up, vailed and hidden. And it breaks things, Earth is not so corrupt that breaking it against his beauty is a good thing, nor holy enough to feel his touch without dieing.

Darkened likes this.
  2. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

Charm, aye? Is Dad around a lot?

3. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

He used to be around a lot, but it's been a lot less lately.

4. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Did anything particular happen with him recently? When's the last time you saw him?

5. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

A few hours before you first talked to me. He gave me a lollypop, and then Nursy took me away while Mom and him talked. They seemed angry or scared.

Darkened likes this.
  6. BlackTitanOdin

BlackTitanOdin I trust you know where the happy button is?

That does not sound good, little one. Do you have any unique abilities, that you need to train E.g. Your magic, Stealth (Hiding) or Just go through a few Katas?

7. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Right now me and mom are packing for a picnic.

Mom seems tired, cooler to the touch then normal. I..I don't think I've ever seen sweat on her skin before, and her right side wings* are half a moment behind.

* they aren't like a birds or an airplane, they are limbs of plasma and gravity.

I try to ignore the way her motions are off or the slight clammyness of her hand, and go to have a picnic on the Aurora Borealis.

Darkened likes this.
  8. Dark Ness

Ask your mom about what is wrong with her

9. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

"Mom, whats wrong?" jasper asks. "You seem sick or something. Can Angels get sick?"

"Not easily, but yes. We can. It happens to Devils a lot. I'm just really tired. Had a lot of important work that needed to get done fast." She picks me up and hugs me, sitting down in the aura. "Nursy told me you meditated?"

"Uh, huh! I heard voices too! And they seem really weird, like they talk about all sorts of things I don't know about, and don't know who you are and stuff!"

"Hmm. You might be growing up into a bit of an Earth Spirit. That's exciting! You might even get better at that then I am!" she says , as she picks me back up to celebrate, I see Father in the distance, his face rigid in anger, his bow is drawn, an arrow that glistens black, blacker then the night sky that makes his eyes "Put her down!" he yells the words hard to hear over the rough roar of his anger.

The tip is a shooting star, falling from the heavens.

Something wet and hot is on my skin, and a noise like silence fills my ears. I am so ..so cold, I'm burning.

My hair is burning, the wind is scratching at my skin. Around me is red dust and fire.

I see my fathers face, streaked with tears, and then everything is confusion.

and hot water fills my lungs as I scream.

[​IMG]

subsider34, Dark Ness and Darkened like this.
  10. Dark Ness

Shit. Umm, Heal Yourself!

11. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Don't panic. Stay calm, focus. Try to fly.

12. Dark Ness

Why fly?

13. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

(Misread)

Dark Ness likes this.
  14. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

My heart stops beating, a solid rush of cold fire filling my veins. Everything around me is white steam and bubbles. I breathe in and choke on mother's blood burning into me.

I am so cold and so hungry, breathing and swallowing, arcs of fire wrap around me spinning tighter and tighter. I am not a falling star! I am of the Sun!

Around me the bubbles flicker into a night sky full of red stars..falling.

One by one.

The world ending.

But I won't let it. I don't know how, but I won't give into despair.

And ..something is filling the sky with fire.

It's beautiful. I can hear it now so clear..I sing.

And am lost in the song.

[2/3]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  15. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Underneith me are weird rough crumbs, moved only slightly by the water. The pain from where the weak waves rubs it against my aching skin is trying to wake me. I don't want to wake up, my mind is more sore then my skin. I open my eyes and the light hurts. My dress is more holes then fabric, falling apart before my eyes.

I rise to hands and knees and crawl step by painful step up out of the cold water. I have gotten to a hedge of some-sort when I collapse, my body convulsing, expelling flames.

The bush catches fire, burning around me as I curl up, almost warm.

---

When I next wake most of the pain is gone, bed sheets lying under me. The light streaming in through a window feels good against my skin. The blankets have been roughly kicked off, and I'm laying sideways on the bed to soak up as much light as possible.

movement catches my eye and I see a woman sitting facing away from me.
    She with big furry triangles coming out of her head, and no ears where you and mom have them. She's doing something with a pile of cloth and little tiny shiny thing.

[​IMG]

16. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Say hello! Introduce yourself and thank her. She probably pulled you from wherever you were.

17. Dark Ness

Don't give your real name, make up a fake one. For all you know, she could be an enemy of your parents (most likely Dad)

In fact, give her as little information as possible. Don't be rude, however, say hello and introduce your (fake) self.

18. BlackTitanOdin

BlackTitanOdin I trust you know where the happy button is?

Those Furry Triangles are her ears Little one. I think we can All Agree that you are of the Fire, rather then the Earth.

19. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Aha I meant the planet not the element, but I can hear the song of Heaven's fire now, or remember it at least.

"Hello. How might I address you, madam?" I ask.

"Bentenmaru no Nachtkern-shu-senchou was my title, but you can just call me Miss Benten or Nack." She says holding up the cloth that is apparently a dress she is apparently repairing. "I'm not even a sailor yet here. You like the sun light don't you? Been sleeping for a month with no food or water, but would kick off the blankets if they blocked the light. How can I address you, chibi ojou-sama?"

"Umm.. 'Your Imp.. Your Highness..Malachite'?" I say trying to sound confident, and remembering to use a fake name.

"Okay, Your Highness, do you want anything? Food, colored light, water?" She asks.

20. Dark Ness

I say you should take all three.

21. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

“Yes, Bentenmaru-sama, please bring me some food, some of this water, and a..green light.” I say not knowing if anything she was giving me would help. Looking around I can’t help but think I should be dying of cold without my mother here to keep me warm, though maybe the sunlight is enough. Does that mean Mom is okay?

I must have spaced out, because Bentenmaru is back with a bowl of thin soup and white crackers, a glass of water, and a glass covered lamp. She turns the lamp on its light is barely visible, let alone significantly warming.

I frown for a second before trying the soup. Its okay, kind of bland. It’s all gone, and I’m not any less hungry.

22. Dark Ness

Turn up the lamp

23. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

I get up and try to turn up the lamp..it doesn't seem to have more then one setting, just "off" and "almost off".

"Sorry, I know its not very bright. It's the only green one I found. I think it's mildly magic or something. Like it helps tea seep better?" Bentenmaru-sho-senchou says.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  24. Dark Ness

Do you have any other lamps?

25. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Try going outside? Sunlight might help.

26. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

"I think I want to go outside..but I should put on a dress." I muse out-loud. "I want to try to talk to..err. I mean I want to get in the sun more." I say.

"Oh, sure, we usually wear clothes outside usually. Though the rats can get away with remarkably little. More then I could anyway." Bentenmaru-shu-senchou says. "Or less I guess? Hmm. Anyway, lets get a sundress on you. Not too much choice I am afraid, lots of new people, and only so many hand-me-downs, and the trade routes are apparently all messed up." She sorts through a pile of clothes, and finds a blue dress with black oil-stains. "Sorry for the stains, the previous owner's family are 'deviant-scientists'."

The dress is quickly pulled over my arms and shoulders, and it is a little bit ugly..but..I ..I'll find a better one soon. She helps me down the stairs, and we pass a kitchen, and then she opens the door and the view takes my breath away.

[​IMG]

Dark Ness likes this.
  27. Dark Ness

Are we the rat things in the picture?

28. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Oh, no. Those come up to..maybe my belly? Or my shoulder? Not quite sure, and they are just far enough away its hard to tell. They must be the rats, that Bentenmaru-sama was talking about.

And its hard to tell from the still picture, but the people in the distance look to be about Bentenmaru's height. So about three times the height of the rats.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Dark Ness likes this.
  29. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

Ask who runs this place. It might be the realm of an Imperator, or it might be a world on the tree, and knowing which one might be important.

30. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Ask about the sun. Has anything strange happened to it lately? Well, try talking to her first, if you think your mom should be able to hear you from here?