1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Mom's Fault Quest [the rebooting]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Nolrai2, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

(Ooc: short answer is yes. Longer answer is that it's a Nobilis heavy interpretation of the Town default setting in Chuubo's Marvelous Wish Granting Engine which by default is vague on just how Nobilis the world was before Jade fell.)

Dark Ness likes this.
  2. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

OOC: Is anyone else still here? Please tell me the rest of you didn't abandon this.

3. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

((I am, when I check the forums))

You may want to respond to Bentenmaru: re your teeth, and apologize again! It's rude to eat other people's things.

4. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

"Um. I think its more my ..breath? That plate kind of exploded when I ate it sorry. I wasn't supposed to eat the plate was I?" I say sqirming in my chair. It just feels weird to talk about my insides like that.

"Yeah, we only paid for the actual ..uh food. Not to, uh, insult people that eat ciramic. I'm sure its fine for..well actually I'm not sure at all. Are you okay? No sharp pains in your abdomen?"

I look down at my self. "No..why would there be? My nose iches a little."

"Thats just from the peper, I hope." Bentenmaru-sama sighs. "So, uh anywhere else you want to go? I'm was going to take you by the doctor now that your awake..or maybe the vet? But I'm less sure thats a good idea."

5. Dark Ness

You should ask for some place private, to figure out other ways to call your mom.

6. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Why would she think you might need to see a veterinarian?

7. Dark Ness

Good question. Ask this too

8. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

"Why would we see an animal doctor?" I ask, not really sure a human doctor would be much better ...well I do seem pretty human right now. I sort of move my tongue around in my mouth and can feel that it's mostly just flesh, not fire; nothing is really getting crushed by gravity, the way mom used to hug me. "Huh."

"Well because veterinarians usually have more training in x-e-n-o-b-i-o-logy" she says slowing down as she got to the end. "Okay, that doesn't really make sense in a pre-space fishing town does it?" She frowns.

9. Dark Ness

Ask her why a pre-space fishing towns has vets qualified to treat aliens. And why she doesn't think it makes sense.

I am going to talk to you straight here. This screams trap. Something is going on with this town, something not so good. The very anchronism of this proves it. Not only that, but just now only questioning it, when you, an outside element was introduced? It reeks of some kind of mind influence. You need to get to the bottom of this right away, keep pressing her, follow this down. You need info, so you can make an informed decision. But with how things are currently going, I think you might need to leave the town.

10. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

"Why would a veterinarian in a 'pre-space fishing town' have training to treat aliens?" I ask, getting a little nervous.

"Because the illustrious Captin Bentenmaru is a dork." She says grumbling. "Sorry. I was just assuming things worked like home. That a vet would need xenobiology to treat the tree-cats, krar, poi-poi, ect. But of course none of those are here. And heck I dont even know you are an alien, maybe you're an yokai, or an ogre, or gynroid." Her stomach rumbles. "I though, want some pancakes, and this time don't eat anything I don't say you can okay? I only brought so much cash with me."

She mumbles "I don't even know how much a plate costs."

11. Dark Ness

Ask who is Captin Bentenmaru, and where is "home?" And how and why they are here instead. Keep going, don't let up on her Don't let yourself be distracted by food and pleastentry, you need more information. This town is getting more and more strange by the minute.

12. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Well senchou means captin so I think I'm talking to Captin Bentenmaru right here.

13. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Apologize again and agree! Besides, maybe you should offer to pay her back somehow, at least for the plates? Accepting another's kindness is one thing, princess and/or angel or whatever you are should take proper responsibility for her mistakes after all!

14. Dark Ness

But third person? Anyways, rest of the questions stand

15. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

"I shall repay you." I announce.

"Don't worry about it. We castaways need to stick together, and it's your first day awake. I still have a little bit of a Dame-Captain's honor, even if my ship is scuttled." She says and sort of awkwardly ruffles my hair right behind my ears.

It almost but not quite itches, and I kind of feel I should ask her not treat me so informally, but she seems so hesitant I don't want too.

Bentenmaru-sama looks around the restaurant. "I'll pay for the plate. And then we can go get pancakes. As soon as the waiter gets here.”

“So who is the Illustrious Captain Bentenmaru?” I ask as I try to straighten out my hair.

“Hmm? Oh. That's me. Or was me. No ship to be Captain of, no House to serve. Not sure what's up there, between the stars anymore. The constellations drift against each other, and the horizon almost seems to breathe. I hear that before the eclipse this place was like a bottle, wrapped up against it self. Now the sailors and deviants say it's like a net being pulled from the deeps. Or a watercolor floating on a puddle, with the people of town being gusts of hot air thrown against it by a hair drier. The mad priests talk of Dreams and the Will to Power, and even the so called scientists’s equations make baffling leaps of ‘insight’” she says getting almost scary in her anger. She drops to a mutter. “Where in the Kaiserin blutige blaue Schwanz did that waitress get off too?"

Dark Ness likes this.
  16. Dark Ness

Can you ask her to actually explain that plainly, instead of in metaphors and cryptic terms?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  17. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

"I don't really get it? And why are you talking about bottles and blue tails?" I ask "Can you explain it plainly and not in metaphors, and confusing words"

She blushes a little. "Ah. Don't talk about 'Kaizerin blaue Schwanz' Its a very rude phrase from Belkan. I forget sometimes how language works here. I was being bad saying it around Your Highness.

"So about bottles and such..well okay I will try. The short of it though is that I don't really understand it myself. I've only been here about a year my self." she picks up a the bottle of Ketchup from the next table over. 'So Town..hm. This will work better with a clear bottle." she putts the ketchup down and picks up a bottle of Tabasco, with clear glass beneath the label. "So Town used to be like this bottle, you could walk south along the shore.." she traces her finger around the top of the label, "..and then end up coming from the north back here at Fortitude. And you could go sailing all around Big Lake and stay in the bottle, but if you sailed just right you could get out" she runs her finger up past the label, all around the top of the bottle, and then finally up off the opening at the top.

"But now its not like that. Go walking down the shore, or sail much past sight of land, and you are in the Outside, full of outside dust and worlds like mine, or like Lost Earth. Fuzzy places drowned in water and dreams both.

"And that's about as much as I understand..and I don't really know what happens if you just keep going inland. I know the town ends and you end up in forest and farm, but I have no idea how far that goes."

Dark Ness likes this.
  18. Dark Ness

Ask if she knows why things changed, and if you can still leave through the top. Also, if she knows what is/was actually up there.

19. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

"Why did things change?" I ask not liking the bit about Jade falling.

"Well, I feel silly talking about gods, and demons, but that's what they say happened, and if any of this is more than a fever dream then magic is the only way I'm alive. So, to hear the priestesses tell it, the Sun was more than just the source of light and heat and the center of the Solar System. Somehow when it fell, ‘The walls between existence and non being fell with Her, drowning both in illusion, uncertainty, and impression, the seas of primordial chaos boiling over like oatmeal left on the stove as they drowned Her eternal flame.’ How exactly that leads to me drowning in salt water on a /spaceship/ and ending up here...I don't understand.” she sighs.

“So what was out there, past the top of the bottle?” I say gesturing up.

“Lost Earth is what they call it, but back then it wasn't lost I think. So just Earth, Late Industrial Era if I have my history right. Though they can get electronics in Arcadia, somehow.”

“And now? Can you still get out through the top?”

“Now days it isn't a bottle anymore. It's like the top was broken off, or maybe town was inside the bottle and now it's been pried out. Either way, it's easy to get out or in, but what's out there is the Outside, a sort of half real place? The near part is not so bad, but as it gets deeper it gets less real and more hostile. The ship that picked me up brushed a Outside storm, and things seemed to dissolve into impressions, into raw sense, or isolated ideas, and the sun turns strange.”

20. Dark Ness

If it fell, then what's up there? *Point at Sun*

21. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

(OOC: Would either of you mind if I posted this quest to a couple of other places as well? It would be nice to have more players)

22. Dark Ness

OOC: Not really, as long as you told us where. Might make things a little confusing, though.

23. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

"A new sun or something? It's not very clear to me, and all the priests get kind of tight lipped about it. Can't tell if they are just trying to cover up their ignorance or if they actually are keeping a secret." she replies when I ask.

24. Dark Ness

Is it strange that the waitress still isn't here yet? Did something happen?

25. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

My name came about because as a doctor I kept fixing people when everyone says they should be dead. It sort of just happened that people called me that and I sort of forgot my real name.

But ignoring this, I suggest asking if she knows anyone who could travel to the sun. She has mentioned priests, maybe one of them can get in contact with a god or goddess who can pick you up.

Do you have any relatives or friends that you know would help you if they know you are here? Gods or Spirits or anything that is sufficiently famous for people to know?

And if this is a new sun, maybe a relative of your mum took over when she was somehow forced to leave?